Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

+31
Piciollina
samanthamumba
opals
kac
sjonnepon
Adamina
MissSoniaPP
dap1217
ChrisColferFan1
glimmerle
ladydianab
AnneNeville
bayth
Buenos
coxfire
Jellyrolls
sheny
arina
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Georgette888
fantastica
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
ColdFlame96
35 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

Post  Glorfindel 6/27/2013, 6:56 am

TV Addict
A 'Glee' Star on 'DWTS' Season 17? Yes, Please!
by Mary Fischer 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Poul5baygwOMG. So you know how there have been rumors that the Dancing With the Stars season 17 cast will likely include some younger members in an effort to capture a hipper audience?
Well, DWTS host Brooke Burke-Charvet has a couple ideas in mind as to who would be a good fit -- and it's pretty safe to say she hit the nail right on the head with her suggestions.
First and foremost, she thinks Carly Rae Jepsen would be a great addition to the cast. Um, yeah she would. Who doesn't love "Call Me Maybe"? And she'd have to dance to her hit song for sure.
Besides Carly, Brooke also has a Glee star in mind for a spot on the season 17 cast roster -- because she's a fan of the show.
Are you ready for this? She thinks Chris Colfer "would be amazing." DUH! Of course he would!
He pretty much is the definition of young and hip, and if he can't appeal to a younger audience, then no one can, right?
But if Chris does wind up being part of the cast -- maybe they should change things up a bit this time around and let the contestants sing as well as dance? Almost like Glee meets DWTS -- something like that. Here's what I'm thinking: Chris could start off each performance by belting out a few lines of the song, and then proceed to take the ballroom by storm and put his dancing skills to the test.
What do you think? Totally brilliant idea, right? Ugh. If only we didn't have to wait so long to find out who makes the cut for the new cast. But I guess the speculation is fun in the meantime.
Do you think Chris would be a good fit for DWTS? What about Carly?
x

I would love to see Chris dance ballroom and latin style! danse3
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

Post  Lottie2303 6/27/2013, 7:12 am

I am sorry, but no successful television or movie star participates in any form of reality TV. It is a very good indicator of "desperate to stay relevant". I doubt Chris even ever consideres this idea nor does he need it.

Now, we can talk about a dance movie. That is a different story tonguue
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/27/2013, 7:31 am

The 25 Best Actors in Their 20s
By Tara Aquino | Jun 24, 2013 | 11:39 am |

9 of 26

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Xwozo_chriscolfer_619517
Chris Colfer

Notable Role: Kurt Hummel in Glee
You've got to give it to Colfer. The kid is so talented that he inspired the show's creator, Ryan Murphy, to scrap a character they had already written just to create the character Kurt for Colfer. That is what we call star power, especially since his Golden Globe-winning performances steal the show week after week.
The 23-year-old's talent seems limitless. He's involved in every aspect of filmmaking, most notably writing. He wrote, starred in, and produced his own teen comedy, Struck by Lightning; he's currently writing his next yet-to-be-titled movie set to film next summer; and has an upcoming young adult book series entitled The Land of Stories. That's a full schedule.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/27/2013, 11:29 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_mp1ailpxaf1qe476yo1_500

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2013, 11:30 am

don't think chris will be on that dance show. however someone else - one who is no longer on glee full time/regular, will likely be.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/27/2013, 12:51 pm

I liked Chris' marriage equality tweet...He put his personal touch there instead of stating in black and white what the issue was and how he feels, yet we all know what issue he's talking about and what his feelings are. It's similar to his tweets about Cory's rehab and gun control.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/27/2013, 12:59 pm

Ireth wrote:I liked Chris' marriage equality tweet...He put his personal touch there instead of stating in black and white what the issue was and how he feels, yet we all know what issue he's talking about and what his feelings are. It's similar to his tweets about Cory's rehab and gun control.

Yup, totally agreed. His tweet also made it clear that it really affected his own life and life of his friends. It wasn't just a random equality tweet (even though those are totally fine too!).

BTW, CC shipper freak out because Chris and Darren tweeted 3 minutes apart from each other... blinkk
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/27/2013, 10:34 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I am sorry, but no successful television or movie star participates in any form of reality TV. It is a very good indicator of "desperate to stay relevant". I doubt Chris even ever consideres this idea nor does he need it.

Agree. Though I haven't followed every season of DWTS, I know the contestans are usuallly soap operas stars or people who used to be famous ten years ago, or people who are experiencing instant fame and want to extent that fame. But, this doesn't stop me to want to see Chris doing ballroom or moving his hips at the rhythm of samba.

Lottie2303 wrote:

BTW, CC shipper freak out because Chris and Darren tweeted 3 minutes apart from each other... blinkk

These people :rolleyes: it was a coincidence! Do they believe Chris and Darren agreed to tweet almost at the same time?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 11:10 pm

I hope he goes as Han Solo. Smile

“Glee” star Chris Colfer and model Adrianne Curry will be among a dozen celebrities donning “Star Wars” costumes and joining the legion of runners in this year’s Course of the Force, a lightsaber relay leading up to Comic-Con International in San Diego.
Thousands are expected to participate in the Course of the Force, an Olympic-style relay launched last year to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This year’s relay, co-sponsored by Lucasfilm and Nerdist Industries, kicks off July 9 at Skywalker Ranch, north of San Francisco, and follows the coast some 500 miles down to San Diego. (Last year’s 136-mile run began in Santa Monica.)

The relay ends in San Diego on July 16, in time for Comic-Con International, which runs July 17-21 at the city’s waterfront convention center, drawing more than 130,000 professionals and enthusiasts in the realms of sci-fi, fantasy, video games, comics and horror for the annual pop-culture expo.

In addition to Colfer and Curry, Alexis Denisof (“Angel,” “How I Met Your Mother”), Jordana Brewster (“Fast & Furious”), Wilmer Valderrama (“That ‘70s Show”), Jaime King (“Hart of Dixie,”  “Sin City 2″), her husband Kyle Newman (“Fanboys”), Analeigh Tipton (“Crazy, Stupid, Love”), Molly Quinn (“Castle”),  Aimee Teegarden (“Friday Night Lights”), Ty Simpkins (“Iron Man 3″), Danielle Panabaker (“Necessary Roughness”) and Kevin Shinick (“Robot Chicken”) are each slated to run a quarter-mile segment of the relay, wearing a “Star Wars”-themed costume and passing off the event’s official lightsaber.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comic-con/comic-con-celebs-to-don-star-wars-costumes-for-lightsaber-relay/#/0
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 6/27/2013, 11:21 pm

Oooo, that sounds like a lot of fun, I hope there are a lot of photos taken!
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2013, 11:28 pm

^ i hope he doesn't do R2D2. Razz anyway it sounds really fun! hope we will have some pics.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 11:28 pm

kac wrote:Oooo, that sounds like a lot of fun, I hope there are a lot of photos taken!

Same here. Smile

Could this mean that Glee will be at Comic Con, and Chris will be on the panel this year?

And apparently Fox are doing promotional stuff tomorrow for Glee and Chris will there as well as Jenna as she tweeted about it.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 6/27/2013, 11:38 pm

Maybe he will go as Chewbacca and wear his Wookie backpack!ptdr
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 11:42 pm

ladydianab wrote:Maybe he will go as Chewbacca and wear his Wookie backpack!ptdr

That would be cute and funny at the same time. Razz

I am still hoping for Han Solo. I had the biggest crush on that character, as I was quite young at the time and had no interest in actors.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 6/27/2013, 11:52 pm

I am still hoping for Han Solo. I had the biggest crush on that character, as I was quite young at the time and had no interest in actors.

I tell people Han Solo was my first crush. wub I also may or may not have seen Phantom Menace several times just because McGregor as young Obi-Wan was pretty darn hot...just saying.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2013, 11:56 pm

in the middle of july, running in a thick woolly costume sounds like a recipe for heat stroke (unless it's properly refrigerated inside).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 11:59 pm

opals wrote:

I tell people Han Solo was my first crush. :wub:I also may or may not have seen Phantom Menace several times just because McGregor as young Obi-Wan was pretty darn hot...just saying.

He did make a hot Obi-Wan. ded

I just like the thought of the tight pants, tight shirt and watching the Chris Colfer tag on tumblr explode as well. Razz

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/28/2013, 12:02 am

as long as he's not one of the ewoks. i want to shoot these little suckers.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/28/2013, 12:04 am

fantastica wrote:as long as he's not one of the ewoks.  i want to shoot these little suckers.

ptdr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/28/2013, 1:38 am

“How I conduct myself in public and the choices I make in my personal life, I will always take into consideration that I’m a role model. Otherwise, I would be running around naked on jungle gyms. But I refrain from doing that.”
— Chris Colfer (via heathermione)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/28/2013, 1:57 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp350tdPw81qz4rgp

Brittany Goldfield Rodrigues
Staff Writer

Chris Colfer has accomplished a lot for a 23-year-old. Actually, he has accomplished a lot for anyone of any age. Colfer landed Glee after two whole weeks in post secondary. Yep, he landed Glee at the ripe age of 18 (give or take), and it has all been uphill from there. 
Since landing the role of Kurt Hummel on Glee, Colfer has gone on to become a New York times Bestseller with his kids novel, The Land Of Stories, a producer and screenwriter with Struck By Lightning, and that’s not even the half of it. Colfer also released a companion novel for Struck By Lightning. Wait, there is even more. 
Colfer has won a Golden Globe, landed himself on the New York Times best seller list, and has been named one of times top 100 most influential. Did you just break a sweat reading all that? It’s quite a bit for a 23 year-old to have under his belt. 
He also has another film in the works featuring him as a supporting actor. Colfer has said on a few occasions the film will focus on an asylum, and he will appear as a patient. Are you excited? You should be. 
Colfer may have a long list of achievements, but he has shown no sign of stopping. In light of Colfer’s admirable, inspirational, and in some ways, terrifying ambition, here are five additional things we want to live to see the young writer, actor, performer, producer, and award winner do.
[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"]

1) WIN A TONY[/b]
 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp343i9Qqw1qz4rgp
Colfer has made it clear he was born to be on the stage. On Glee, he sings powerhouse songs by Broadway legends not limited to Patti Lupone, Bernadette Peters, and Barbara Streisand. He wrote a gender bent version of Sweeny Todd titled Shirley Todd,and he has expressed interest in one day maybe writing his own role. Colfer loves Wicked, Next To Normal, and in an interview, he reflected on ordering the Lord of the Rings: the Musical cast recording. Yes, that exists. Chris Colfer definitely has theatre in the stars for him, and we can hope to live to see the day that he wins a Tony whether for his performance in an original show, his gender bending role as Guy-Linda, or even for Best Book For a Musical. 

2) STAR IN A THRILLER[/b]
 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp343yy5YJ1qz4rgp

Kurt Hummel can out sing anyone, and Carson Phillips can out snark anyone, but we have yet to see Colfer in a role where he can really kick ass. We know the guy has some mad ninja skills, so we better see him in a thriller beating up some bad guys, embarking on a high-risk spy mission, or maybe even be the super-villain. One can predict that Colfer would be very enthusiastic about a role like this, and can be assured he will most likely do his own stunts. Just…please don’t hurt yourself Christopher. 

3) WIN AN OSCAR[/b]
 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp344zeDYb1qz4rgp

Playing Kurt Hummel and Carson Phillips, Colfer is no stranger to intense and emotional performance. The day will come when the Academy realizes this guy can seriously act., His emotional performances always induce tears, and once he brings that talent to a big budget film, he is a shoe in for an academy award. His writing isn’t too shabby either, so maybe he will win an Oscar for best script. You never know.

4) GET MARRIED[/b]
 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp34745Kls1qz4rgp

This isn’t a “we wish" or “we want." The man is intelligent, humble, kind, witty, and good-looking. One day, someone will want to put a ring on it. We may seem foolish, but everyone at PopWrapped, not only this journalist, is sure enough after watching countless interviews and reading countless fan interactions that Colfer is a catch. With the abolishment of DOMA and Prop8, marriage could be in the future for Colfer, and we will all be thrilled for him. 

5) DO STAND UP COMEDY[/b]
 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_mp34813AbP1qz4rgp

Colfer has an incredibly dark, sarcastic sense of humour. He is quick on his feet, and has made us laugh out loud with some of the hysterical things he has said in interviews.  Comedians draw on past experiences and know how to laugh at themselves, and Colfer has proven he is capable of doing both. Who would not go see Colfer’s one-man comedy show?

I actually agree with all of this.

http://popwrapped.tumblr.com/post/54074660262/pop-5-things-we-want-to-live-to-see-chris-colfer
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/28/2013, 3:32 am

That is one great article.

I am very excited about the Star-Wars run. That sounds like epic photos for us to look at. I also assume Will will participate. They will have a nerd-celebration Razz
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/28/2013, 3:40 am

Nerdgasm!

I'm not good at runnng at all, but kudos to all those people who run in the California heat. I'd imagine the part of the running done by "Chewbacca" is very short or happens very early in the morning. Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 6/28/2013, 4:05 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I am sorry, but no successful television or movie star participates in any form of reality TV. It is a very good indicator of "desperate to stay relevant". I doubt Chris even ever consideres this idea nor does he need it.

Spoiler:
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/28/2013, 5:33 am

sjonnepon wrote:

Spoiler:

Omg, get that away from me, get that thing away from. Argh..........nowee

Chris has this habit of injuring himself doing dance performances, I think I prefer him to stay uninjured.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next