Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

+31
ColdFlame96
confusing
coxfire
glimmerle
bayth
fantastica
Ranwing
Ireth
M&M
AnneNeville
TimF
SippyCupofLuv
opals
sjonnepon
valkeakuulas
ariel189
Divalicious
rooszie
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Delight
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
BigDestiny
brisallie
arina
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
ChrisColferFan1
35 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  AnneNeville 6/3/2013, 4:57 pm

fantastica wrote:haha, i am in my mid 40s and I still get spots from time to time. i take chinese medicine to calm those troublesome acne-like flare ups. nothing else works.

i thought you were some famous actress on that picture. Smile most people do not have the courage to put up their own pictures.

Thanks. I will most likely only leave the picture up for a little while. That's why I've been photo flipping. In the end, I'll most likely use my cat. fanny2

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  fantastica 6/3/2013, 5:24 pm

i am a bit surprised how many cat people are on amongst us kurtsies. maybe cats and chris/kurt have something in common. of course I also also other animals such as dogs etc. but i identify myself mostly as a cat person. i have my cat's name on my car license plate.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/3/2013, 5:33 pm

Ann, here's an idea if you are not sure whether you should put your own or your hubby's photo on as your avatar: use them both! put them in an animated gif. better yet. do a bit of morphing. change your face into his and back. it would be super fun! great project to kill some time in this long heated summer. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:04 am

fantastica wrote:haha, i am in my mid 40s and I still get spots from time to time. i take chinese medicine to calm those troublesome acne-like flare ups. nothing else works.

i thought you were some famous actress on that picture. Smile most people do not have the courage to put up their own pictures.

So did I! Then, I thought: "Wait a minute..." Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 7:54 pm

http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2712772.html

poor guy. half bald and still playing high school student... no wonder they need the gels to cover it up. i think the over-gelling really makes the hair fall out faster. soon blaine will need to wear hats all the time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 7:57 pm

Are you sure that it's just not the lightning? I don't know what it is about curly hair, but it can give off the illusion of a bald spot under stage lights.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 6/4/2013, 7:58 pm

fantastica wrote:http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2712772.html

poor guy. half bald and still playing high school student... no wonder they need the gels to cover it up. i think the over-gelling really makes the hair fall out faster. soon blaine will need to wear hats all the time.

I don't know--is there evidence that gel does that? I think that spot is a good indication about why he's been gelled more and more aggressively, though.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 8:08 pm

i have no idea. but he's known to have a bald spot on his head. my ex had a bald spot in his late twenties. now he simply shaves his head and looks way better. same thing w/ my dad. good thing is shaved heads are very fashionable for men right now.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 8:10 pm

i don't think apply a thick layer of plastic (hair gel is basically plastic) over your hair is good for the hair in general. gels or not, if he's genetically destined to go bald then there's nothing he can do to stop it, aside from using some prescription meds which may or may not work.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 8:19 pm

fantastica wrote:i don't think apply a thick layer of plastic (hair gel is basically plastic) over your hair is good for the hair in general. gels or not, if he's genetically destined to go bald then there's nothing he can do to stop it, aside from using some prescription meds which may or may not work.

Ew. There is no way that can be good for your hair/scalp. If that bald spot is real, then the gel probably makes the most sense (that and genetics).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 8:20 pm

fantastica wrote:i have no idea. but he's known to have a bald spot on his head. my ex had a bald spot in his late twenties. now he simply shaves his head and looks way better. same thing w/ my dad. good thing is shaved heads are very fashionable for men right now.

Yuck. I like a good head of hair.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 8:29 pm

i prefer hair, but when god makes you bald what can you do? i remember a SNL skit in which they "advertise" a hair replacement service that transplants pubic hair, and everybody is happy about having those unusually curly little short curls on their heads...

NOW you can say "yuck". Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 8:31 pm

fantastica wrote:i prefer hair, but when god makes you bald what can you do? i remember a SNL skit in which they "advertise" a hair replacement service that transplants pubic hair, and everybody is happy about having those unusually curly little short curls on their heads...

NOW you can say "yuck". Razz

Shocked blinkk Suspect

Kinky, in more ways than one... Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/4/2013, 9:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Are you sure that it's just not the lightning? I don't know what it is about curly hair, but it can give off the illusion of a bald spot under stage lights.

I noticed that Darren had a bald spot when I went to the Glee tour a couple of years ago. I can remember turning to my sisters, and saying, "Does Darren Criss have a bald spot?" It is definitely there.

It still cracks me up to think about Ryan talking about how people didn't want to see high school kids with a bald spot, but clearly his favorite has one.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 9:25 pm

^ and he still trying hard to keep him in the high school while graduating everyone else. dryy talking about the power of a blow job!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2013, 9:36 pm

The thing about Ryan Murphy is that he talks out of all sides of his mouth to rationalize any contradictions in what he does.

The claim that he needed to graduate the original students for "realism" belies that now Tina and Artie are entering their "fifth" year of High School.

To me it's obvious that the only reason the show in S4 slowed down with filler episodes down the stretch and deliberately extended the school year into season 5 is because Ryan Murphy had absolutely no clue how to keep McKinley High relevant once the last of the Seniors had graduated.

He's not that stupid, he knew that if he ended the school year the pressure would have been there to close down the choir club with no important stars left there, so he scrambled and stalled in order to save face for Season 5.

The fact that he sidelined Chris, Lea, Naya and to a certain extent Cory in order to desperately try to keep McKinley afloat speaks more about RM's pride and ego than anything. That someone as bland and generic as Chord Overstreet had more screentime and songs than the original characters shows how fucked up Glee was in Season 4.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/4/2013, 9:46 pm

Darren is an idiot. He posted a vine of himself climbing into a refridgerator and shutting the door:

https://vine.co/v/b3UleL29xLp

Kids suffocate from climbing into fridges and getting stuck.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/4/2013, 9:50 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Darren is an idiot. He posted a vine of himself climbing into a refridgerator and shutting the door:

https://vine.co/v/b3UleL29xLp

Kids suffocate from climbing into fridges and getting stuck.

I agree it was an idot move on Darren's part.Even if he meant no harm,which I know he did not.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/4/2013, 10:00 pm

He just didn't think at all. I tweeted and called him out on it, saying he should remove it, but I'm sure he'll never see the tweet in all of the tweets his stans tweet.

Kids copy cat this kind of stuff. It's like the smashing gallons videos on youtube now. Kids do stupid/dangerous things because others do it, and make it sound/look cool.

But Darren isn't a kid, and whether he likes it or not, he is a role model for kids. He should know better.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/4/2013, 10:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:He just didn't think at all. I tweeted and called him out on it, saying he should remove it, but I'm sure he'll never see the tweet in all of the tweets his stans tweet.

Kids copy cat this kind of stuff. It's like the smashing gallons videos on youtube now. Kids do stupid/dangerous things because others do it, and make it sound/look cool.

But Darren isn't a kid, and whether he likes it or not, he is a role model for kids. He should know better.

I agree he should know better. Although. I doubt he will see your tweet.I hope he does and remove it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 6/4/2013, 11:53 pm

Buenos wrote:
The fact that he sidelined Chris, Lea, Naya and to a certain extent Cory in order to desperately try to keep McKinley afloat speaks more about RM's pride and ego than anything. That someone as bland and generic as Chord Overstreet had more screentime and songs than the original characters shows how fucked up Glee was in Season 4.

Was Chord always so bland and generic, though? I mean, aside from being a blond jock? I remember being really excited and intrigued by his character when he was introduced, and that continued at least through the end of Season Two. I was excited about the possibility of "Kum" and loved the hint of "Samcedes."

When did he go off the rails? Why?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/5/2013, 12:12 am

Jellyrolls wrote:He just didn't think at all. I tweeted and called him out on it, saying he should remove it, but I'm sure he'll never see the tweet in all of the tweets his stans tweet.

He has been known not to go on twitter for months.

I hope he removes it. If he doesn't than he obviously doesn't think about consequences, as every action has one.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/5/2013, 12:35 am

good. if someone suffocates in a real fridge glee will have another PSA episode to air, starring DC. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/5/2013, 1:08 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Was Chord always so bland and generic, though? I mean, aside from being a blond jock? I remember being really excited and intrigued by his character when he was introduced, and that continued at least through the end of Season Two. I was excited about the possibility of "Kum" and loved the hint of "Samcedes."

The problem was that Sam was always a secondary supporting character (think of Tina, for example), best taken in small doses per seasons 2 and 3. Suddenly in S4 with Ryan Murphy's brilliant idea of emptying the choir room of older characters and with Artie not "good enough" (ie handicapped character in wheel chair) and needing to pair up Brittany with someone , Sam became Glee's goto jack of all trades character who was (along with Blaine) became the heart and soul of New Directions. Suddenly he was front and center in every episode, despite his limited singing and acting skills. It didn't help matters that the Brittany romance seemed completely contrived and false and that the constant wink/wink homoerotic bromance with Blaine fascinated RM. I don't think Chord was any worse, but the overexposure (like with Blaine/Darren) in Season 4 coupled with the boring and dull NOOBS made McKinley excruciatingly bad.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/5/2013, 1:35 am

Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:

The problem was that Sam was always a secondary supporting character (think of Tina, for example), best taken in small doses per seasons 2 and 3. Suddenly in S4 with Ryan Murphy's brilliant idea of emptying the choir room of older characters and with Artie not "good enough" (ie handicapped character in wheel chair) and needing to pair up Brittany with someone , Sam became Glee's goto jack of all trades character who was (along with Blaine) became the heart and soul of New Directions. Suddenly he was front and center in every episode, despite his limited singing and acting skills. It didn't help matters that the Brittany romance seemed completely contrived and false and that the constant wink/wink homoerotic bromance with Blaine fascinated RM. I don't think Chord was any worse, but the overexposure (like with Blaine/Darren) in Season 4 coupled with the boring and dull NOOBS made McKinley excruciatingly bad.

I'll take Chord any day over Darren. He's a sweetheart and I actually really like his singing, and his acting is better than most everyone else's on that side so I never really had a problem with him.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next