Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/30/2013, 9:47 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Mike O'Malley drank the Kool Aid. koolaid

Question: Will Glee‘s Blaine actually go through with the marriage proposal to Kurt? Hope not. They’re freakin’ teenagers! —Jonathan
Ausiello: That’s just the kind of common sense advice Blaine needs right now. Cue a special appearance by Kurt’s pa, Burt! “Blaine is considering marrying Kurt and [I offer] my point of view on that,” Mike O’Malley tells TVLine of his May 2 encore. “I had some beautiful scenes with Darren Criss, who is just turning into such a remarkable actor. Well, turning into, he was – but this year they’ve given him strong, strong material and a really nice, beautiful arc to play. And oftentimes, my scenes with him are triangulated with the presence of Chris Colfer, and in this episode, they’re not. I have one really beautiful scene with just Darren, and I loved it.”

source

The only excuse for his comment is that he hasn't watched an episode of Glee this season.

He did. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil :angry: :( Mad
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 9:57 pm

Wow...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2013, 9:57 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Has anyone here actually met Chris or seen him in person? I'm quite curious about how his features look when not on-camera or on screen. (For various reasons)

I've seen Chris in person three times. Once on the Glee tour, when I was in the balcony far a way. The second time was at the New Yorker Festival, when I was sitting about 10 yards away from him and got to ask him a question. The third time was at Tribeca, where I stood about two feet from him as he was signing autographs.

He is quite stunning in person. He really does look very young in person (or at least he did 12-18 months ago when I saw him). He still had a bit of the baby look to him that he doesn't have anymore. And he comes across as humble and gracious in his interactions with fans. And he definitely also has an awkwardness about him--at the New Yorker Festival, and Tribeca, I was just waiting for him to ask someone to pinch him so he knew he was awake.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2013, 9:58 pm

Oh, and on a side note, the comments about Darren under that article are priceless.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 9:59 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I've been surprised by how many people think his comments were out of character in Lights Out. He's got a history of saying VERY inappropriate and often sexist things...
Well, Artie was very hurt when he found out that Brittany had only had sex with him in 'Duets' because she wanted to sing with him and take revenge on Santana, so that sort of contradicts his actions in 'Sweet Dreams'.
On the other hand: Artie has made some inappropiate remarks before, so it's not totally out of the blue.
But I think both Artie and Sam acted a bit OOC. This would have worked with Puck, and even Finn up to a certain degree, but not so much with Artie and Sam. Sam is a selfish twat this season, so his response fits now, but he used to be very understanding and kind. *sigh* Oh Sam, what have they done to you? :(

(---)
The only excuse for his comment is that he hasn't watched an episode of Glee this season.
Is this true, or was that a joke? (If it's a joke then I apologize for not 'getting' it, lol.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 10:02 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Has anyone here actually met Chris or seen him in person? I'm quite curious about how his features look when not on-camera or on screen. (For various reasons)

I've seen Chris in person three times. Once on the Glee tour, when I was in the balcony far a way. The second time was at the New Yorker Festival, when I was sitting about 10 yards away from him and got to ask him a question. The third time was at Tribeca, where I stood about two feet from him as he was signing autographs.

He is quite stunning in person. He really does look very young in person (or at least he did 12-18 months ago when I saw him). He still had a bit of the baby look to him that he doesn't have anymore. And he comes across as humble and gracious in his interactions with fans. And he definitely also has an awkwardness about him--at the New Yorker Festival, and Tribeca, I was just waiting for him to ask someone to pinch him so he knew he was awake.

Awww, that's so sweet! I'm surprised he didn't! That's one of his favorite sayings ever! Smile

And I guess Darren has grown as an actor...but is he a remarkable actor? Was he ever? Um, no.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2013, 10:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
(---)
Is this true, or was that a joke? (If it's a joke then I apologize for not 'getting' it, lol.)

What I mean is that if Mike must not have seen any episodes this season if he thinks Darren is a remarkable actor who has had a beautiful story arc featuring strong strong writing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/30/2013, 10:26 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
(---)

What I mean is that if Mike must not have seen any episodes this season if he thinks Darren is a remarkable actor who has had a beautiful story arc featuring strong strong writing.

Agree 100% with the above post. Darren is far from been a remarkable actor.The cheating story arc,has been mostly one-sided Blaines'. The writting for that story arc was not good.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/30/2013, 10:27 pm

I'm going to cut Mike a little slack because the man is a professional and there is no way he's going to badmouth another actor. It's just not his way. Even if he personally thinks that Darren's acting is substandard, he'll never say it in an interview. Actors don't have a whole lot of freedom to express their real opinions in forums like this - they have to tow the party line and right now, it looks like TPTB are trying to get us to believe that Darren has become a stellar actor. As some in the comments have (rightly) pointed out, he looks somewhat better now because he's acting with others more on his level (Chord especially). But as soon as he's placed in a scene with Chris (or Lea, Naya or Cory), his deficits as an actor become painfully apparent.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/30/2013, 10:53 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm going to cut Mike a little slack because the man is a professional and there is no way he's going to badmouth another actor. It's just not his way. Even if he personally thinks that Darren's acting is substandard, he'll never say it in an interview. Actors don't have a whole lot of freedom to express their real opinions in forums like this - they have to tow the party line and right now, it looks like TPTB are trying to get us to believe that Darren has become a stellar actor. As some in the comments have (rightly) pointed out, he looks somewhat better now because he's acting with others more on his level (Chord especially). But as soon as he's placed in a scene with Chris (or Lea, Naya or Cory), his deficits as an actor become painfully apparent.

I agree that he has been working with mediocre actors and by comparison, doesn't look quite so bad, but that doesn't explain the terrible acting with him and Jenna in "Shooting Star" or his "cold" in the episode with the vaporape. Also,the scene where he was interrogating Becky looked pretty awful as well. I don;t thin he has improved at all and in some case, has gotten worse. He phones it in.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 11:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
(---)

So I didn't get the joke, lol. SORRY!!! Smile

The comments under that article are glorious. The repeated "no", "Nope", "That's a big negative" under a post of someone asking if Darren had improved in season 4.
lol!

Could it be that Mike got the 'order' from TPTB to prop up Darren in that interview?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 11:24 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:They are good at giving hints though so that fan fiction writers can write pretty much what ever they want and it can be justified with the canon.

Laughing Rolling Eyes In many cases, the bigger the holes and inconsistencies in the character, the more interesting they are to write about. See: Draco Malfoy vs. Ron Weasley.

Huh, care to elaborate? I don't get that expression. fanny2

What I meant is that characters who are not fully- or well- fleshed out can be more fun to write for fanfiction authors.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that Draco Malfoy is a lead in more Harry Potter fanfictions than Ron Weasley, because we know too much about who Ron is from reading the books/watching the movies. For many, he isn't that interesting.

Draco, in contrast, is not completely sketched in in the books (and he was especially mysterious between the times when Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows were written). Is he good? Is he bad? Was he abused? Is he secretly in love with Hermione (there's stuff in the books that suggests he likes her--but I don't think JKR even noticed). Precisely because who he is isn't clear--and because his character is problematic--he's interesting to write.

Now I'm talking about my own writing:

With my fic All 'er Nothin', I'm having a lot of fun writing Sam, because I have had to find some kind of explanation for his character shift. Kurt is also fun to write, but we know more about him, so there is less mystery to solve. Then, there are characters about whom we know so little that they almost might as well not be there: Joe Hart, for instance. If you write him, where do you even begin?

And some characters we know both too much and too little about (Adam). Adam is scary (for me) because so far the show has given him nothing but positive traits, and that isn't realistic. He's sooo good and lovable. That's fine on the show for now, but he needs to be 3-D if he shows up on the page. What are his flaws? If he doesn't have them, he's a Gary-Stu.

So when I agreed with this:

valkeakuulas wrote:They are good at giving hints though so that fan fiction writers can write pretty much what ever they want and it can be justified with the canon.

All I meant was that Glee gives us characters who are so inconsistant that it is tempting for fanfiction writers to rush in and flesh them out. To explain why they act the way they act. To make the characters more real. I don't know if valkeakuulas meant to suggest that the writers do this on purpose. I think they do troll the fans and give us just enough to fuel our various "theories."

Some essay I linked to on tumblr recently posited that the fact that Glee is the TV show with by far the most fanfiction on fanfiction.net is not a positive. It shows how desperate fans are to fix the problems with the show. fanny2

I actually disagree with this. With shows that especially appeal to young people, the fans want to show their appreciation for the show and the characters in any way possible, thus, creating "scenes" for their favorite characters to "act out" in their minds, like Barbie dolls. It's pure fun for them.

I LOVE your fic, btw.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2013, 11:45 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Mike O'Malley drank the Kool Aid. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 3427956515
(---)

So I didn't get the joke, lol. SORRY!!! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 650269930

The comments under that article are glorious. The repeated "no", "Nope", "That's a big negative" under a post of someone asking if Darren had improved in season 4.
lol!

Could it be that Mike got the 'order' from TPTB to prop up Darren in that interview?

I think he did as did poor Jane Lynch in a interview last year. They way she was talking was more what she would have said and has said about Chris.

They are desperate for Darren to get an Emmy nomination.

I feel so sorry for Chris and the others of the old cast.

I hate saying this but if Darren just left the show, all of this crap would stop and we might get the Glee we have always loved. Though I don't believe in miracles, so maybe we won't. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/1/2013, 4:03 am

During Thursday's Stevie Wonder tribute (fittingly titled "Wonder-ful"), Mercedes (Amber Riley) and Mike (Harry Shum Jr.) return to encourage the younger Puckerman (Jacob Artist) to take a more active role in the New Directions and become a vocal leader of the club.

"Amber comes back and fills us in on what Mercedes has been up to as she and Harry help New Directions gear up and get ready for regionals," Chord Overstreet, whose Sam Evans has been a de facto leader of the club, recently told THR. "Harry's working on everyone's dancing, and Mercedes is fine-tuning the girls."

While Jake has been quick to make waves with the ladies (Kitty, Marley), he's never really stepped into the vocal role his half-brother, Puck (Mark Salling), previously had with the club.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 5:04 am

But are FOX really that delusional that Darren gets an Emmy? Honest question, as last year they didn't even get ONE nomination which speaks volumes about the quality of the show. Why don't they focus on those actors that actually have legitimate chances to be acknowledged instead of Darren? Especially because Darren is very hit and miss. Just because he has a good scene every now and then does not excuse the trainwreck in between.

Agreed about being a bit dubious why Mike praises him, like Jane did last year. You never know the 'behind-the-scenes' politics. FOX wants us to feel for Blaine in the next episodes, Kurt won't matter and therefore my extension Chris. It is really insulting how they treat Chris. As Mike said, Blaine had an overall season arc but in the process they ignored and eliminated a fan favorite, critical acclaimed actor who could have gotten a nomination with the right material. It i just offensive.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 5:10 am

ETA: The comments are hilarious and so very true! It really seems like the distaste for Blaine and Darren is increasing on a daily basis.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 5/1/2013, 6:26 am

ColferInspired wrote:They are desperate for Darren to get an Emmy nomination.
Lottie2303 wrote:But are FOX really that delusional that Darren gets an Emmy? Honest question, as last year they didn't even get ONE nomination which speaks volumes about the quality of the show. Why don't they focus on those actors that actually have legitimate chances to be acknowledged instead of Darren?
I suppose FOX doesn't care much about Darren's (or anyone's) acting abilities. Glee had its generous share of critical acclaim in the early seasons. They can still use those achievments for promotional purposes and to lure high-profile guest stars. Now the most important factor for them is the cast's appeal to the fangirls, who've become the show's main target audience, to keep the cash flowing. In my opinion FOX's motives behind pushing and hyping Darren are not based on the supposed awardworthiness of his acting but on their perception of him as a stereotypical teen-heartthrob type of leading man who promises the most mainstream appeal. So far his fangirls have proven this concept to be right by being one of the most noticeable and profitable subgroups of the audience.
To a considerable extent, though, I think it's up to Ryan Murphy to decide who gets focus and who doesn't and he a) uses this as a method to discipline his actors and b) is in love with Darren and therefore can't objectively see his shortcomings.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/1/2013, 6:40 am

glimmerle wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:They are desperate for Darren to get an Emmy nomination.
Lottie2303 wrote:But are FOX really that delusional that Darren gets an Emmy? Honest question, as last year they didn't even get ONE nomination which speaks volumes about the quality of the show. Why don't they focus on those actors that actually have legitimate chances to be acknowledged instead of Darren?
I suppose FOX doesn't care much about Darren's (or anyone's) acting abilities. Glee had its generous share of critical acclaim in the early seasons. They can still use those achievments for promotional purposes and to lure high-profile guest stars. Now the most important factor for them is the cast's appeal to the fangirls, who've become the show's main target audience, to keep the cash flowing. In my opinion FOX's motives behind pushing and hyping Darren are not based on the supposed awardworthiness of his acting but on their perception of him as a stereotypical teen-heartthrob type of leading man who promises the most mainstream appeal. So far his fangirls have proven this concept to be right by being one of the most noticable and profitable subgroups of the audience.
To a considerable extent, though, I think it's up to Ryan Murphy to decide who gets focus and who doesn't and he a) uses this as a method to discipline his actors and b) is in love with Darren and therefore can't objectively see his shortcomings.

I don't see it as all that profitable. Just look at the Itune sales.

The fangirls are a very small bunch. Just go on tumblr and see who is blogged more. It is Chris not Darren.

The idiots at Fox just don't want to see this or acknowledge it, same as RIB.

I am interested in what Chris's peoples negotiations for Season 5 and 6 were. We don't know as no-one in Chris's camp or Chris himself has revealed anything. This will probably happen at the upfronts.

Can anyone please tell me when the upfronts are?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 6:43 am

glimmerle wrote:I suppose FOX doesn't care much about Darren's (or anyone's) acting abilities. Glee had its generous share of critical acclaim in the early seasons. They can still use those achievments for promotional purposes and to lure high-profile guest stars. Now the most important factor for them is the cast's appeal to the fangirls, who've become the show's main target audience, to keep the cash flowing. In my opinion FOX's motives behind pushing and hyping Darren are not based on the supposed awardworthiness of his acting but on their perception of him as a stereotypical teen-heartthrob type of leading man who promises the most mainstream appeal. So far his fangirls have proven this concept to be right by being one of the most noticeable and profitable subgroups of the audience.

Oh, you are most likely correct. But I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that no one with a bit of power interferes with the very obvious wrong decision making and how Ryan willingly accepts that his show gets destroyed just because he has a boner for one actor. Are there no sane person in the production team who value quality over quantity?

Also, why do they focus so much on teeanger. CW, the channel designated for teenage shows, has the worst ratings compared to 'adult' television. Ratings most certainly not desired by FOX. However teenager are very likely to watch television that is intended for a older target group. Business speaking wise, this is just horrendous decision making. They have all the elements for the show to be popular, critically acclaimed and watched by different target groups, but they focus instead only on one segment willingly destroying the show and therefore profit, just because of one freaking actor?! Really???! WHY!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 6:47 am

What bothers me is the fact that I assume if Chris wouldn't be gay, he most likely would be used as the male protagonist. Instead they feel safer and happier to give this part to a heterosexual actor who portrays a gay teenager. Hence the get all the awards, get acknowledged for being so LGBT friendly (which is a joke!) but don't have to bother to hand this position to someone who truly represents homosexuality. At the core, FOX is very homophobic and conservative in Glee and I don't get how all those award shows still hand out awards to Glee for being so LGBT friendly.

Glee will be one day used in film school in how not to develop a TV show. By dismissing Chris, they just show how little serious thought they actually put in the end concept.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 5/1/2013, 7:45 am

ColferInspired wrote:I don't see it as all that profitable. Just look at the Itune sales.

The fangirls are a very small bunch. Just go on tumblr and see who is blogged more. It is Chris not Darren.

I am interested in what Chris's peoples negotiations for Season 5 and 6 were. We don't know as no-one in Chris's camp or Chris himself has revealed anything. This will probably happen at the upfronts.

Darren made a pretty big splash in season 2 as the Warblers' lead vocalist. That's when all his very vocal online-fangirls started floating the Glee-fandom and made RIB/FOX big bucks on itunes. Who knows what kind of contract they gave Darren after that season, hoping it would just continue like that. Of course things have been changing since then. But Darren is still one of their most mainstream voices and appearances who promises to be the lowest common denominator for a lot of the audience in points of musical taste and attractiveness.

Upfronts are in about two weeks, as far as I know.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/1/2013, 7:58 am

glimmerle wrote:I suppose FOX doesn't care much about Darren's (or anyone's) acting abilities. Glee had its generous share of critical acclaim in the early seasons. They can still use those achievments for promotional purposes and to lure high-profile guest stars. Now the most important factor for them is the cast's appeal to the fangirls, who've become the show's main target audience, to keep the cash flowing. In my opinion FOX's motives behind pushing and hyping Darren are not based on the supposed awardworthiness of his acting but on their perception of him as a stereotypical teen-heartthrob type of leading man who promises the most mainstream appeal. So far his fangirls have proven this concept to be right by being one of the most noticeable and profitable subgroups of the audience.
banzai This.

Lottie2303 wrote:What bothers me is the fact that I assume if Chris wouldn't be gay, he most likely would be used as the male protagonist. Instead they feel safer and happier to give this part to a heterosexual actor who portrays a gay teenager. Hence the get all the awards, get acknowledged for being so LGBT friendly (which is a joke!) but don't have to bother to hand this position to someone who truly represents homosexuality. At the core, FOX is very homophobic and conservative in Glee and I don't get how all those award shows still hand out awards to Glee for being so LGBT friendly.

Glee will be one day used in film school in how not to develop a TV show. By dismissing Chris, they just show how little serious thought they actually put in the end concept.
banzai And this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/1/2013, 9:21 am

glimmerle wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I don't see it as all that profitable. Just look at the Itune sales.

Darren made a pretty big splash in season 2 as the Warblers' lead vocalist. That's when all his very vocal online-fangirls started floating the Glee-fandom and made RIB/FOX big bucks on itunes. Who knows what kind of contract they gave Darren after that season, hoping it would just continue like that. Of course things have been changing since then. But Darren is still one of their most mainstream voices and appearances who promises to be the lowest common denominator for a lot of the audience in points of musical taste and attractiveness.

Upfronts are in about two weeks, as far as I know.

Thank you.

I just would like to know who will be promoting next season.

If it is Darren then they are bigger idiots than I thought. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 3181402168

And I am happy that Chris prefers to spend time with Will than go to all these events to promote, represent Glee.

I hated what Mike said about Chris in that interview.

Romy is a real good friend of Chris, she helped him to get one of the stars for SBL.

I hope Chris hasn't read this interview. I know he would have thought he and Mike were friends, but looks like he was wrong. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 37 1371890812

The entire fandom are outraged by this interview, except for Blarren stans. The hate is growing and growing for Mike and Burt and even more for Darren.

Chris is virtually a part of Jane Lynch's family. She would have hated herself for that interview she did praising Darren. Her and Chris still appear to be close, so that is good.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 9:28 am

What did Mike say about Chris in the interview? I must have missed that.

I really cannot fathom how RIB thought robbing Burt from Kurt and to give him to Blaine is a good idea. Those script decision must be made while people are drunk/high. There is no logical decision making.

So curious about the upfronts as well. However I expect Lea and Chris, because they are still the faces of Glee, at least marketing wise (which should be very telling in the first place, FOX!).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 5/1/2013, 9:29 am

Lottie2303 wrote:(...) Are there no sane person in the production team who value quality over quantity?

Also, why do they focus so much on teeanger. (...) They have all the elements for the show to be popular, critically acclaimed and watched by different target groups, but they focus instead only on one segment willingly destroying the show and therefore profit (...)
I absolutely agree that Glee has outstanding potential and squanders it on a regular basis. But when it comes down to it a TV-show is just a business like others and wants to tailor itself as economical as possible to their most lucrative target group.
In other words: It's cheaper to just parade teen-heartthrobs around and cash in on their fangirls and mainstream-appeal than investing time and staff (i.e. money) into quality writing, quality choreography and quality music production. All those efforts might make the show better on an artistic level and thus gain them popularity and acclaim in a wider/different demographic, but wouldn't necessarily translate to more profit.
Glee is still one of FOX's top rated shows. They might not see the need to change something when in their eyes it isn't broken.

Lottie2303 wrote:At the core, FOX is very homophobic and conservative in Glee and I don't get how all those award shows still hand out awards to Glee for being so LGBT friendly.
I'm gonna quote a review recently posted in the 'Shooting Star' thread that tackled all of those issues and say: 'apparently the groups claiming to speak for minorities are so desperate for any kind of representation on television that they'll take whatever they can get and then issue an award for it.'
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next