Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 5:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Blaine and Mercedes will not sing 'Ebony and Ivory', thank God.

GOBr: 'Superstitious' (Stevie Wonder) - Mercedes, Blaine and Marley.

I am happy too, that they are not singing 'Ebony and Ivory. I am even happier it is not a duet.Although in my opinion Blaine sings way too much.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Lottie2303 4/10/2013, 5:13 pm

Becky would make perfect sense in a weird way. Please no, I really don't want that too happen phr34r .

I have to admit I get really curious. I also always believed the Newbies are actually good actors. It is such a shame RIB wasted them and gave them the most stupid storylines. Still, 18 epiodes in, is far too late (except Becca, as I liked her as you could see she tried her best to give an one-dimensional character some depth).

Still, I cannot stop thinking what Chris, Lea, Naya and Cory would have done with such material. It is so much potential getting wasted.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/10/2013, 5:15 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_ml1zkmSJiL1r4ezfzo1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_ml1zkmSJiL1r4ezfzo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/10/2013, 5:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Okay, they lost me at "The kids step up to the plate big time. I remember dismissing Chord Oversteet in season two as a lightweight. I wrong. He’s incredible in this episode, as is Heather Morris..."

I really don't know what to think of this episode anymore. saispa

I have never seen such a heavy handed publicity push like this before an ep airs. TPTB must be terrified that word has already gotten about about this ep and that a signifigant portion of the audience (i.e. those who want more of the NY storyline and aren't invested in the noobs) will be turning out, so they're sending all their proxies out to build it up and make it sound like the ultimate television event.

Will it work? If they had so much confidence in this episode and the characters it will center on then they would have been advertising it using them. Instead they trot out the prospect of Kurt and Rachel in a classic example of bait and switch. Come for your favorites but stay for the noobs! I think that the subject matter is going to be a complete turn off, especially given that there was just this week another violent attack at a school. There's a place for a show like Glee to be provocative, but I think that this is a step too far.

Regardless of how "epic" this ep might be, I'm still boycotting. And will be posting requests to RM's twitter on when we can expect an ep to be focused completely in NY given that this is the 3rd ep completely excluding all of the NY-based characters.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 5:31 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Becky would make perfect sense in a weird way. Please no, I really don't want that too happen phr34r .

I have to admit I get really curious. I also always believed the Newbies are actually good actors. It is such a shame RIB wasted them and gave them the most stupid storylines. Still, 18 epiodes in, is far too late (except Becca, as I liked her as you could see she tried her best to give an one-dimensional character some depth).

Still, I cannot stop thinking what Chris, Lea, Naya and Cory would have done with such material. It is so much potential getting wasted.

That freaks me out so much. Why would Becky go around shooting at people?! *shiver*

As good as the newbies might be (and good for them), I agree about Chris, Lea, Naya, Cory (ect) working their magic on this kind of storyline. How amazing it would've been.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 5:34 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Becky would make perfect sense in a weird way. Please no, I really don't want that too happen phr34r .

That freaks me out so much. Why would Becky go around shooting at people?! *shiver*

As good as the newbies might be (and good for them), I agree about Chris, Lea, Naya, Cory (ect) working their magic on this kind of storyline. How amazing it would've been.
I agree it would of been amazing. I think Chris would of even have given his best acting performance yet.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/10/2013, 5:45 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Becky is most likely getting bullied, harassed and making fun off in Glee-verse (and sadly enough it most likely would happen in RL too). Her having a weak moment, Sue maybe having a bad day and the opportunity to get a gun, would scarily enough make sense. Also it would confirm the theory of Sue leaving MK.

School shootings are never about plausible, realistic reasons but are dominated by emotional responses. Also, it never makes sense to shoot people. I am really terrified how Glee will handle it this episode and more importantly THE NEXT FEW EPISODES. They cannot dismiss it and never talk about it again. This episode must have long-term consequences and change all people involved permanently.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 6:19 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I agree it would of been amazing. I think Chris would of even have given his best acting performance yet.

Could you imagine Kurt filming a goodbye message to Burt?! *bawls* Now that is an Emmy worthy performance!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 6:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Becky is most likely getting bullied, harassed and making fun off in Glee-verse (and sadly enough it most likely would happen in RL too). Her having a weak moment, Sue maybe having a bad day and the opportunity to get a gun, would scarily enough make sense. Also it would confirm the theory of Sue leaving MK.

School shootings are never about plausible, realistic reasons but are dominated by emotional responses. Also, it never makes sense to shoot people. I am really terrified how Glee will handle it this episode and more importantly THE NEXT FEW EPISODES. They cannot dismiss it and never talk about it again. This episode must have long-term consequences and change all people involved permanently.

That makes sense, and while I find her character really obnoxious, I'd be sad to see her driven to the point of this irrational action. But it happens all the time. It would be a creepy twist.

That's something I'm worried about as well. While I'm sure this episode is actually going to be very good (not Emmy worthy, as it seems too manipulative for that) the MK parts of the following episodes, I fear, will have no connection, emotional or narrative-wise, to this one very OOC (but hopefully brilliant) episode. That's the thing about MK, they rarely are ever brilliant these days, just lame.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/10/2013, 6:53 pm

sheny wrote:

I hope the season won't end with a cliffhanger for Kurt because if Glee gets canceled we will never know what happens next.

I can handle a Kurt cliffhanger if it's anything in the spirit of my dream Kurt S4 ending: (Assuming Burt's on a road to recovery)

Adam invites Kurt to go with him to England over the Summer (whether to visit home, or because of issues with staying in the US after graduation, or just because...)

At some point there's a scene where Blaine is told or overhears about Kurt maybe going to England with Adam. His reaction is vague (probably gassy, but that could mean ANYTHING with Blaine Laughing ). Perhaps it's Kurt who tells him over the phone because Blaine had plans to visit NY over the Summer and have Kurt show him around NY, which Kurt now has to cancel.

(Blaine didn't get accepted to NYADA, or maybe that's part of BLaine's cliffhanger, "did he or didn't he" but he plans to go to NY anyway, orrrrrr.... maybe LA with his brother..., "he hasn't decided yet.")

For added effect cue, a "But it's no accident that we would be in NY together over the Summer, ..... .... .... .. Kurt!" or "But you said you'd never say goodbye to me!" or some other Klainer-type reference whining on Blaine's part. Kurt's "Sorry, not sorry."

OR Kurt is rushed in his call and doesn't give Blaine much time to respond, "Sorry, I'm running late for my flight. I just wanted to let you know I can't show you around NY this Summer like we planned because I'm going to England with Adam... OH! There's my taxi! Talk to you when I get back." Kurt hangs up as Blaine whines, "But Kurt..., I..."

The final Kurt related scenes of S4 are then of Kurt at the airport, maybe even rushing through it towards a departure gate.

Cut to Blaine, also in an airport (but without any identifying detail as to where. Is it Lima? Is it NY?), hurrying through it to an as yet unknown destination. But the apparent implication is that he's trying to catch up to Kurt (who is NOT seen here).

Back to Kurt, whose face suddenly breaks into a beaming smile. Camera pan to Adam waiting for him at the gate with a matching sunshine smile. Kurt hurries to Adam.

Switch back to Blaine checking his watch as he's still rushing through the airport. He hurries faster, maybe muttering in frustration.

Back to Kurt: He and Adam hug warmly. Adam grabs up his own bags and one of Kurt's, both smiling as they turn to enter the gate.

Back to Blaine, frowning, rushing even faster through the airport, now obvious it's towards a departure gate but off in the distance.

End scenes. Cliffhanger. Twisted Evil

Then in the S5 premier, if there is one (assuming the usual Glee premiers that are time-jumps):

It's revealed that Kurt and Adam had a wonderful Summer in England, growing even closer. (Without a time-jump we get to see Kurt and Adam on their trip, getting closer and falling for each other .... lol, I know "It's Glee!" But I can dream! wub )

AND that Blaine wasn't even either heading to NY or in NY trying to catch and stop Kurt from going with Adam after all. He was heading to LA to see his brother/go to school and all that rushing was just him running late for his flight (or for the bathroom to relieve some constipation Laughing )

Ryan: LOL Klainers! ur welcome!

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2013, 7:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Glee Season 4 Spoilers: “Shooting Star” Preview

Glee returns this week with a truly shocking episode titled “Shooting Star”. The plot is ripped straight from the headlines. And I’m just going to say what happens, since it’s out already. The central plot point is a shooting a McKinley High. The incident itself is not what makes this episode so moving and harrowing. It’s the kid’s very candid and raw reactions as the drama unfolds.

I’m going to bullet a few spoilery tidbits. Don’t read if you don’t want to know.

Two gunshots ring out at McKinley High. The school immediately goes into lockdown. Most of the kids, along with Mr. Shue and Coach Beiste are trapped in the choir room.

There are NO New York scenes this week. No Kurt, Rachel or Santana. And no Finn. Sugar and Joe are also absent. The focus is wisely kept to key characters in this episode. There are only 3 musical numbers. Two in the first fifteen minutes and one at the very end.

The episode is gut wrenching and difficult to watch NOT because you worry about whether the kids will come out unscathed. It’s watching them live through the terrifying experience is what grabs you by the throat. The kids are so scared–aware they could possibly die and and never see their loved ones again. Anybody who has grown attached to these characters WILL be shedding tears at some point while watching the drama unfold.

The kids step up to the plate big time. I remember dismissing Chord Oversteet in season two as a lightweight. I wrong. He’s incredible in this episode, as is Heather Morris, Melissa Benoist and holy cow. Becca Tobin. Heather and Becca play one dimensional characters. It’s amazing what they can do when given a meaty part. Tina Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, (Becky), Ryder, also deserve kudos.

Some of Melissa Benoist’s finest moments occur as her character, Marley, attempts to make contact with her mom during the crisis.

In an emotionally charged scene, Kitty makes amends with Marley.

In the midst of the crisis, Artie turns auteur breaking out his cell phone camera to record “last messages” from the kids. Many tears are shed. Including mine.

Even if you hate the Blaine/Tina friendship, there is a scene between them that is so heartbreaking and sweet, I defy you not to be touched.

Ryder’s catfish story gets real. He finds her in the halls of McKinley, but then…Oy. Let’s just say there are moments in the episode where I really felt for the guy, even while I marveled at his naivete.

Another plot point involving Will and Beiste is…well we’ve been down this road before. A season one character makes a cameo here in an unexpected way.

We learn more about the shooting and the shooter and it’s a bit of a shocker. And very Ryan Murphy. I’ll have more on that after the episode airs. I won’t spoil it here.

Becky and Brittany have a very sweet scene early on that figures majorly into the plot.

The episode begins with Brittany announcing that an asteroid. Or a meteor. Or something is headed straight for Lima. Will comes up with a plan to sooth the kids while also teaching them to perform with all they have. Choose a “last chance” song as if it were either your last days on earth, or a regionals performance. Lets just say the kids learn their lesson, without the aid of music.

We learn the names of the rival groups New Directions will face at Regionals. It’s hilarious. I wonder which has Jessica Sanchez as their lead diva?
There are several I love yous in this episode.

There is a scene between Sam and Brittany that is tooth-achingly sweet. Cute overload. Brittany shippers will not be happy with the turn of events in this episode.

If you didn’t cry during the episode, the last few moments of the song, “Say”, that closes the show, should choke you up. Basically, the Glee club hugs it out in the auditorium. But there’s more.
mjsbigblog.com

Okay, they lost me at "The kids step up to the plate big time. I remember dismissing Chord Oversteet in season two as a lightweight. I wrong. He’s incredible in this episode, as is Heather Morris..."

Seriously, could this episode be anymore spoiled? I swear they are trying to desensitive everyone to the plot before it airs.

And you know, the McKinley crew will look better because they don't have the amazng NY actors to be compared to. When you put the NY cast in the same episode you see how much better the acting in NY is.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 7:19 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Could you imagine Kurt filming a goodbye message to Burt?! *bawls* Now that is an Emmy worthy performance!

Agree 100%. It would of been an Emmy Worthy performance.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 11:46 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I really cannot think of a Glee actor/actress as well rounded as Chris in both terms of comedy and drama, especially in the younger cast.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 11:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I really cannot think of a Glee actor/actress as well rounded as Chris in both terms of comedy and drama.
I can not either.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 11:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Glee Season 4 Spoilers: “Shooting Star” Preview

Glee returns this week with a truly shocking episode titled “Shooting Star”. The plot is ripped straight from the headlines. And I’m just going to say what happens, since it’s out already. The central plot point is a shooting a McKinley High. The incident itself is not what makes this episode so moving and harrowing. It’s the kid’s very candid and raw reactions as the drama unfolds.

I’m going to bullet a few spoilery tidbits. Don’t read if you don’t want to know.

Two gunshots ring out at McKinley High. The school immediately goes into lockdown. Most of the kids, along with Mr. Shue and Coach Beiste are trapped in the choir room.

There are NO New York scenes this week. No Kurt, Rachel or Santana. And no Finn. Sugar and Joe are also absent. The focus is wisely kept to key characters in this episode. There are only 3 musical numbers. Two in the first fifteen minutes and one at the very end.

The episode is gut wrenching and difficult to watch NOT because you worry about whether the kids will come out unscathed. It’s watching them live through the terrifying experience is what grabs you by the throat. The kids are so scared–aware they could possibly die and and never see their loved ones again. Anybody who has grown attached to these characters WILL be shedding tears at some point while watching the drama unfold.

The kids step up to the plate big time. I remember dismissing Chord Oversteet in season two as a lightweight. I wrong. He’s incredible in this episode, as is Heather Morris, Melissa Benoist and holy cow. Becca Tobin. Heather and Becca play one dimensional characters. It’s amazing what they can do when given a meaty part. Tina Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, (Becky), Ryder, also deserve kudos.

Some of Melissa Benoist’s finest moments occur as her character, Marley, attempts to make contact with her mom during the crisis.

In an emotionally charged scene, Kitty makes amends with Marley.

In the midst of the crisis, Artie turns auteur breaking out his cell phone camera to record “last messages” from the kids. Many tears are shed. Including mine.

Even if you hate the Blaine/Tina friendship, there is a scene between them that is so heartbreaking and sweet, I defy you not to be touched.

Ryder’s catfish story gets real. He finds her in the halls of McKinley, but then…Oy. Let’s just say there are moments in the episode where I really felt for the guy, even while I marveled at his naivete.

Another plot point involving Will and Beiste is…well we’ve been down this road before. A season one character makes a cameo here in an unexpected way.

We learn more about the shooting and the shooter and it’s a bit of a shocker. And very Ryan Murphy. I’ll have more on that after the episode airs. I won’t spoil it here.

Becky and Brittany have a very sweet scene early on that figures majorly into the plot.

The episode begins with Brittany announcing that an asteroid. Or a meteor. Or something is headed straight for Lima. Will comes up with a plan to sooth the kids while also teaching them to perform with all they have. Choose a “last chance” song as if it were either your last days on earth, or a regionals performance. Lets just say the kids learn their lesson, without the aid of music.

We learn the names of the rival groups New Directions will face at Regionals. It’s hilarious. I wonder which has Jessica Sanchez as their lead diva?
There are several I love yous in this episode.

There is a scene between Sam and Brittany that is tooth-achingly sweet. Cute overload. Brittany shippers will not be happy with the turn of events in this episode.

If you didn’t cry during the episode, the last few moments of the song, “Say”, that closes the show, should choke you up. Basically, the Glee club hugs it out in the auditorium. But there’s more.
mjsbigblog.com

Seriously, could this episode be anymore spoiled? I swear they are trying to desensitive everyone to the plot before it airs.

And you know, the McKinley crew will look better because they don't have the amazng NY actors to be compared to. When you put the NY cast in the same episode you see how much better the acting in NY is.

That's a good point. Maybe because they still haven't really advertized the episode at all through the actual previews? So, maybe they are doing this as a type of warning.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 4/11/2013, 4:23 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I really cannot think of a Glee actor/actress as well rounded as Chris in both terms of comedy and drama, especially in the younger cast.

What are you talking about?

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 23837836
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/11/2013, 4:39 am

I personally think Cory is excellent in both comedy and drama. I believe him the stupiest things the writers has written for Finn and it says alot. If worse actor playe Finn, it would be a disaster.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2013, 6:18 am

^Agreed. Cory is a very good, underestimated actor. Although I think Chris is slightly better in the dramatic acting.

Jellyrolls wrote:Seriously, could this episode be anymore spoiled? I swear they are trying to desensitive everyone to the plot before it airs.

Basically this. You hit the jackpot on both counts.

MoviesAreLife wrote:That's a good point. Maybe because they still haven't really advertized the episode at all through the actual previews? So, maybe they are doing this as a type of warning.
No, they are not doing it as a type of warning. The largest group of people who will see the episode (the GA) won't read the online websites giving Glee spoilers, nor the tweets of those who have seen the screener. They will only see the promo that was on tv, and in those promos there was no mention of a school shooting, not even a hint of 4x18 being a dark and more dramatic episode.

All the GA expect is what they saw in the promos (although they should know better by now because of the continous false advertising): 99% scenes with old characters who won't even be in the episode, auditioning for 'Funny Girl', jumping around for joy, dancing to music and having fun!!! For crying out loud!!!! :angry:
And the 1% of McKinley they saw gave no hint at all at what will happen in 'Shooting Star'. No warning whatsoever, and it is disgusting. People will turn in to see another fluffy happy happy Glee episode, fully expecting to see the old characters too on top of that, and what they will get is the clusterf*ck crapfest of all noobs getting traumatised because of a real gun(!) shooting in a school. antifana
I'm actually very angry and upset about that.

The multiple screeners being send out and all the preview articles and tweets from the ones who have seen the episode have only 2 purposes, and none of them is to warn the unsuspecting majority of the Glee audience:
1) to placate the online fandom who have been ranting about this episode's theme ever since it was known Glee would tackle a school shooting. The spoilers are there to tempt those angry and suspicious fans who said they won't watch this episode to still watch even though they have doubts it will be done well. (not working btw).
2) to take the wind out of the sails of the more critical reviewers. They give all these spoilers trying to desensitive (is that the right word?) the more critical audience (fans and media) and muffling the shock they would get going into that episode without forewarning. Imagine how a reviewer would rate and judge this episode if he had not been aware of the school shooting? (or no NY again, for that matter). Now that people are already saying that "Of course this is a touchy subject and that's why some people will hate it" actually saying in your review after the episode has aired that it's a touchy subject and I hate Glee for going there" seems repetitive, petty and par for the course.

Plus now there are so many reports of the noobs stepping up to the plate acting wise, that reviewers might not want to tear down any bad acting they see in the episode so eagerly anymore. They still want hits on their websites after all, and criticising something subjective as acting skills when there are multiple reports stating the acting is good would be like stepping into a hornest nest or looking like bitter nay-sayers who want the old cast back. The more people who are stating that the acting is good the more people are inclined to believe that, because when several people in the business say so it must be true, right?

-ETA-
The promoting of 'Shooting Star' has been nothing but manipulative and false. As usual they want to have their cake and eat it too:
On the one hand they want to lure the GA into watching by giving them happy promos with old characters, because they know darn well many would not even watch if they knew it will be a dramatic episode about a triggering subject and/or with only noobs.
On the other hand they want to let the fandom and critical media know that they 'care' and will treat the subject with respect and integrity, and that the performances of the actors that still not have impressed anyone in 17 episodes are excellent and Emmy worthy, and would we please only give them a chance? (literally their 18th chance)
Not to even mention that they are already doing damage control before the episode even aired. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/11/2013, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/11/2013, 6:21 am

i'm with you there. cory is one of the miracle workers on this show. he can turn that shit they call writing into gold on a regular bases. but the thing is, i know people hated finn in season's 2 and 3, but i can't stand him this season at all. he is a dim and at times clueless guy with his heart in the right place most of the time, but this season i'm not feeling that at all. i just want to slap his face 90 % of the time i see him on my screen.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2013, 6:28 am

Here is the link, as the comments are delicious. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 3429310274

http://www.avclub.com/articles/glee-devotes-an-episode-to-the-hot-trend-of-school,96342/

Newswire Glee devotes an episode to the hot trend of school shootings

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 627

by Sean O'Neal April 10, 2013
Always one to keep its finger on what the kids are into, whether it be Lady Gaga or Gwyneth Paltrow or watching a TV show out of pure hatred, Glee has latched on to the hot trend of school shootings that’s seen such a comeback of late. In what Ryan Murphy deems “the most powerful, emotional Glee ever”—even more powerfully emotional than the one where that thing happened and Lea Michele got upset—Thursday’s “dark and harrowing” episode, “Shooting Star,” will find New Directions in a “rehearsal focused on ‘last chances’ to share one’s feelings,” only to be interrupted by the sound of two gunshots. It’s a moment that may seem too perfectly choreographed not to be staged, but it’s as organic and real as everything else that happens on Glee.
Naturally, the threat of imminent death forces the group to spend the episode holed up inside the choir room talking about themselves—albeit in a slightly different, more urgent way—until, as TV Line puts it, a promised “big twist… prevents ‘Shooting Star’ from turning into Law & Order: Lima, while still retaining its teeth.” TV Line also admits that some might easily predict said twist—such as say, it’s revealed the “school shooting” was just a stunt to get the group really motivated for regionals, and then Drake shows up in his Degrassi “Wheelchair Jimmy” guise to remind everyone that school shootings definitely are no joke, and then everyone joins in on a somber, symbolic interpretation of his own “Shot For Me.”
Or, given that TV Line also says, “Things kick off on a kooky note, with Brittany stressed out about a comet or asteroid (or maybe a meteor) that’s coming to wipe them off the planet”(Because “Shooting Star” has two meanings!), which leads to her sharing her “theory on what killed off the dinosaurs,” maybe the group finally emerges from their hiding places to find a big game hunter standing over two dead velociraptors, since dinosaurs are also hot right now. And then the learning begins. [via UPROXX]
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2013, 6:34 am

Ha, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. The VA-Club is not taking the shit that RIB/Fox is spoon feeding them:

Glee devotes an episode to the hot trend of school shootings

Always one to keep its finger on what the kids are into, whether it be Lady Gaga or Gwyneth Paltrow or watching a TV show out of pure hatred, Glee has latched on to the hot trend of school shootings that’s seen such a comeback of late. In what Ryan Murphy deems “the most powerful, emotional Glee ever”—even more powerfully emotional than the one where that thing happened and Lea Michele got upset—Thursday’s “dark and harrowing” episode, “Shooting Star,” will find New Directions in a “rehearsal focused on ‘last chances’ to share one’s feelings,” only to be interrupted by the sound of two gunshots. It’s a moment that may seem too perfectly choreographed not to be staged, but it’s as organic and real as everything else that happens on Glee.

Naturally, the threat of imminent death forces the group to spend the episode holed up inside the choir room talking about themselves—albeit in a slightly different, more urgent way—until, as TV Line puts it, a promised “big twist… prevents ‘Shooting Star’ from turning into Law & Order: Lima, while still retaining its teeth.” TV Line also admits that some might easily predict said twist—such as say, it’s revealed the “school shooting” was just a stunt to get the group really motivated for regionals, and then Drake shows up in his Degrassi “Wheelchair Jimmy” guise to remind everyone that school shootings definitely are no joke, and then everyone joins in on a somber, symbolic interpretation of his own “Shot For Me.”

Or, given that TV Line also says, “Things kick off on a kooky note, with Brittany stressed out about a comet or asteroid (or maybe a meteor) that’s coming to wipe them off the planet”(Because “Shooting Star” has two meanings!), which leads to her sharing her “theory on what killed off the dinosaurs,” maybe the group finally emerges from their hiding places to find a big game hunter standing over two dead velociraptors, since dinosaurs are also hot right now. And then the learning begins.
AV Club
The comments under this article are very interesting to read (and look at how many 'likes' they got!). moque

Also, the screencap picture above the article is golden: very symbolic. fanny2

-ETA-
Damn, ninja'd by @Colferinspired by less than a minute! dryy
But yes, that article is great! Schadenfreude galore!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2013, 6:45 am

Glorfindel wrote:Ha, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. The VA-Club is not taking the shit that RIB/Fox is spoon feeding them:

Glee devotes an episode to the hot trend of school shootings

Or, given that TV Line also says, “Things kick off on a kooky note, with Brittany stressed out about a comet or asteroid (or maybe a meteor) that’s coming to wipe them off the planet”(Because “Shooting Star” has two meanings!), which leads to her sharing her “theory on what killed off the dinosaurs,” maybe the group finally emerges from their hiding places to find a big game hunter standing over two dead velociraptors, since dinosaurs are also hot right now. And then the learning begins.
AV Club
The comments under this article are very interesting to read (and look at how many 'likes' they got!). Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 3882983207

Also, the screencap picture above the article is golden: very symbolic. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 1688725052

-ETA-
Damn, ninja'd by @Colferinspired by less than a minute! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 357632081
But yes, that article is great! Schadenfreude galore!

I am always getting ninja'd by Sheny. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 3429310274

I just love the comments. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 2641883990
And that picture. Chris always looked better in that school uniform than Darren.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2013, 7:18 am

^That picture is golden. Smile
Kurt in the background looking at an overemotive singing Rachel: brilliant. Twisted Evil

The comments made my day. ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/11/2013, 7:25 am

Glorfindel wrote:
The comments made my day. ptdr

My browser won't display them, I wish I could read it!!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2013, 7:34 am

coxfire wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
The comments made my day. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 2641883990

My browser won't display them, I wish I could read it!!

I'll post a few of them as there are plenty and all are making fun of this episode or are disgusted.
I hope we see more of these tomorrow. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 6 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next