Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

+23
Ranwing
glimmerle
AnneNeville
bayth
MissSoniaPP
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Delight
arina
Ireth
brisallie
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
sheny
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
Jellyrolls
27 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 8:37 am

Chris needed such a bittersweet ending, because so far no third book has been confirmed. There is always the chance this is the last book (as unlikely as it sounds) and it needed a proper ending without any cliffhangers whatsoever. So the book has a clear end but clearly indicates a lot of potential for yet another book.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  arina 8/16/2013, 12:17 pm

I still don't want to go to the discussion thread because I haven't read the whole book just yet and don't want to be too spoiled but I am really enjoying the book so far and I am excited there are probably going to be songs again on the audio book :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/16/2013, 1:55 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo3_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo4_500

Chris Colfer’s The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns debuts at #2 and The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell is back at #10 on the New York Times Best Sellers List for Children’s Middle Grade. [Source]

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/16/2013, 1:56 pm

Just came to post that! Yah!!!!!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/16/2013, 2:02 pm

Happy to hear the book is succesful!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/16/2013, 3:47 pm

Yay!!! holabounce hola
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 3:48 pm

sheny wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo3_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo4_500

Chris Colfer’s The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns debuts at #2 and The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell is back at #10 on the New York Times Best Sellers List for Children’s Middle Grade. [Source]
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Out of curiosity, how did it debut last year?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/16/2013, 4:20 pm

^Number 1, I believe, though I'm not sure. I'll try to look it up.

-ETA-
I looked it up, with TLoS1 he was 5 weeks on the New York Times Bestseller list, and the first 2 weeks he was at #1. neutre 

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrn1m3OlNj1qe476yo1_500

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/16/2013, 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 4:23 pm

Looked it up myself, it was Nr 1. Even though it is "only" Nr 2, I am so happy the first book also returned to the bestseller list bounce 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 9:11 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Chris needed such a bittersweet ending, because so far no third book has been confirmed. There is always the chance this is the last book (as unlikely as it sounds) and it needed a proper ending without any cliffhangers whatsoever. So the book has a clear end but clearly indicates a lot of potential for yet another book.

I actually thought the last line sounded like a "It's not over..." type of line that leaves room open for a third book, just as the final line in the first one left room for this current book.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 9:12 pm

sheny wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrmulkMntE1qe476yo1_500

YAY! I'm so relieved! I was so scared it wouldn't do as well as the first!! GO CHRIS!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 9:13 pm

Is anyone else extremely annoyed that TLOS series does not have it's own proper section up on FFN? I mean, the series is one year plus one month old already! Writers want to write, and readers want to read! Get it together, FFN moderators! Mad

If fans want to write TLOS fanfiction they have to post their stories up in the Misc. Books or the Fairy Tales section.:angry: 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/16/2013, 9:42 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Is anyone else extremely annoyed that TLOS series does not have it's own proper section up on FFN? I mean, the series is one year plus one month old already! Writers want to write, and readers want to read! Get it together, FFN moderators! Mad

If fans want to write TLOS fanfiction they have to post their stories up in the Misc. Books or the Fairy Tales section.:angry: 
I didn't know that. :angry: 

I think SBL is there as there are Kurt/Carson fics.

Though I wish someone would write one were there is no twincest. fanny2 

People do have doppelgangers.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 9:46 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Is anyone else extremely annoyed that TLOS series does not have it's own proper section up on FFN? I mean, the series is one year plus one month old already! Writers want to write, and readers want to read! Get it together, FFN moderators! Mad

I didn't know that. :angry: 

I think SBL is there as there are Kurt/Carson fics.

Though I wish someone would write one were there is no twincest. fanny2 

People do have doppelgangers.
SBL is there, thank God. Has been for over a year.

But TLOS is not! crycry (This doesn't stop people from writing stories about it here and there, but they are scattered all over the site and very hard to find)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 1:11 pm

Maybe this is why there is a ton of TLOS fanart and very little fanfiction? humhum 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/22/2013, 7:14 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrydfcfDoO1qe476yo1_500
Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/22/2013, 7:37 pm

Lmao I love him so.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:38 pm

Chris is shamelessly shilling for his book on twitter but he does it with wit and style! Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/22/2013, 7:52 pm

Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 8:05 pm

It amazes me that people think that Chris not cancelling his LOS live stream to go to the TCA show was some sort of snub to Cory or Glee. There was no planned tribute as heavily rumored nor was there a Glee "performance" by the cast. It was all heresay.

Chris had gone to the private memorial for Glee cast members and who knows how he consoled/talked to Lea among others.

The live stream shows how smart Chris is becoming in packaging/marketing himself as a writer. He wants to engage his readers and get them excited about his projects and as limited as his time is, the LOS is his "baby" so I totally get why he feels a special pride in promoting and marketing the books.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 9:09 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrzrplLrcV1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrzrplLrcV1qe476yo2_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrzrplLrcV1qe476yo3_500

Chris Colfer’s The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns at #6 and The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell at #14 on the New York Times Best Sellers List for Children’s Middle Grade. [source]
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/28/2013, 11:28 am

Chris Colfer and 4 more notable actors turned celebrity children's authors

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 B19f63ae5b07178117ba59dac760f278
"The Land of Stories" by Chris Colfer (Barnes and Noble Promo Image)

August 27, 2013

A lot of actors confess to having a vivid imagination as a child and diving into the profession due to a love of the creative arts and the opportunity acting affords them to emulate a lot of childhood fantasies . Many actors also progress from acting to producing and directing. Others take a literary turn.
“Glee” star Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) took the writing plunge by penning the screenplay and novel for the 2012 critically acclaimed film “Struck By Lightning," in which he also starred and served as executive producer.
Last year, Chris published his first children’s novel, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” which became a number one New York Times Bestseller. His follow up novel, “The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns” was released on Aug.6, and is currently at #6 on the Children’s Middle Grade NY Times Bestseller list.
Here’s a look at "The Land of Stories" and 4 other notable celebrity turned children’s author efforts, which prove the pen is as mighty as the acting sword for these multi-talented artists.
examiner
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 2:28 am

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_mrr1t9iHks1s6rnqho3_400
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/30/2013, 5:09 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_msctkvyj4c1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/31/2013, 4:10 am

I am happy to see the book is succesful.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next