Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

+20
valkeakuulas
bayth
Divalicious
MissSoniaPP
Ireth
arina
Piciollina
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
sheny
tamara04
fantastica
M&M
CloveGlee
ladydianab
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 11 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 11/29/2012, 11:57 pm

Poor Tina... she finally gets a competition lead and it's this piece of crap.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 11/29/2012, 11:58 pm

Gangham Style is the worst group number ever.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 11/30/2012, 12:02 am

overall was the episode good? :O was there enough kurt? D:
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/30/2012, 12:03 am

msjoanlucette wrote:overall was the episode good? :O was there enough kurt? D:

There's never enough Kurt. Not unless we ditched the rest of the cast and have the Kurt Hummel hour. Then... maybe.

But what what there was of Kurt was amazing. And even better, minimal Oil Slick to spoil it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/30/2012, 12:12 am

If you take out Gangham Style, I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season. Kurt and Rachel were perfect together. It was fun to see the grads again.

Let's Have A Kiki was so much fun, and Turkey Lurkey Time worked well in the scene, I thought.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 11/30/2012, 12:13 am

I thought Kiki made the entire episode! The scene was so natural it made the rest of the show seem so "staged". Kurt and Chris really had a good time and it showed. Really good performance by Chris in this show.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 11/30/2012, 12:17 am

Jellyrolls wrote:45 minutes into the episode, and only background Blarren. The Blarren stans must be fuming. They'll be calling this the worst episode ever.

There was lots of pouting on both twitter and tumblr. They are all very very happy right now, thought.

Quick, quick, quick episode review:

What the hell was that?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/30/2012, 12:18 am

That one shot at the end... when Isabelle came up to hug Kurt and give him the comfort that he really needs. It's great that Rachel is all about cheering him up, but sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on and I don't think anyone - including Rachel - has been there to provide that for Kurt.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 11/30/2012, 12:19 am

The Kurt there was was absolutely amazing and epic. Really. Good gravy, this kid is so gifted I just CAN'T. But the music on this episode was WEIRD.

My two favorite quotes of the night:

Hummelberry: "You are the only significant other I need in my life right now." says Rachel to Kurt.

Blaine on the phone: Kurt, I'm really so-
Kurt: No. Let ME speak.

Last edited by CloveGlee on 11/30/2012, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/30/2012, 12:20 am

I just rewatched the Klaine scene a couple of more times, and I have to say that I thought Kurt was too easy on Blaine, but Chris really killed the scene. You could see Kurt's strength in the scen through Chris' expression and body language.

I just wasn't ready to hear Kurt tell Blaine that he loved him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 11/30/2012, 12:22 am

Chris was fierce in Kiki! I loved it!

The Klaine scene was good. Chris was fantastic and Darren didn't make me cringe, so I count that as a win.

I wonder what changes between this episode and Christmas that Kurt is not going to Lima. He told Blaine they would meet, anywhere but the Lima Bean, so that confirms at this point he was planning on going home. Hmmmm...
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/30/2012, 12:34 am

ok i watched. no comments. i fell asleep.

phr34r
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 11/30/2012, 12:43 am

Overall I found the episode a bit boring. And of course there wasn't enough Kurt! There's never enough Kurt. Unless they make a whole episode where Kurt is talking and singing in every scene, there will never be enough Kurt.
I really enjoyed the Kiki, but I found it too short especially since they stuk that turkey lurkey bit in it. I wish it woudl have lasted a little longer.
And the phonecall was totally amazing. Chris is just amazing. I can't even describe how amazing of an actor he is but then againin this forum you all know that so...lol
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/30/2012, 2:20 am

"Let's have a Kiki'' was fun. 'Gangnam style'' was awful. The Warblers should win, their new lead annoys me and I still want to punch him for no particular reason, but they were the best of the three groups.

I still dislike Blaine very much, but that Klaine scene almost made me cry. Especially when Kurt told him that 'Blaine is still his best friend'. Kurt was hurt not just by his boyfriend, but by his best friend too. Poor baby. I'm proud of how strong he is.
Chris was stunning. Can't wait to see him perform next week.

And what a great brother Finn is. He hasn't talked to Kurt, he doesn't know how he is, how he feels, but he had a nice conversation with Blaine and told him how important he is, the gel that keeps ND together. I love all the Chris /Cory scenes. I think they are great actors with very good chemistry and I'm sorry for all of you who like Furt, but times like this remind me why I don't like them. Kurt deserves better treatment from his own brother (step-brother).

I loved the Quinn/Santana and Quinn/Puckerman brothers scenes.
The rest was boring.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/30/2012, 2:59 am

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meadneJae81qh5dyro1_500

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meadsfSRAn1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 11/30/2012, 3:10 am

So, I just watched the episode. I completely agree, with you guys that there's never enough Kurt haha. I sort of just wish there was more of him, when I watched the episode. I pretty much watched everything online before the episode began. o.o

Hopefully the next episode will be better! :D and have lots of amounts of Kurt. Smile
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 11/30/2012, 3:58 am

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/30/2012, 4:22 am

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o1_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o2_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o3_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o4_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o5_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o6_250

ptdr

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 11/30/2012, 4:30 am

I actually really liked the episode, even though it didn't have as much Kurt (and Rachel) as I wished. I even liked the newbie characters in this episode. I like Ryder and Jake's growing friendship, and I felt very badly for Marley. She may be a Mary Sue, but I could relate to the crippling pressure and fear she felt because she wanted so badly not to let anyone down....and I'm sad that she's damaging her body so badly, that she feels so terrible about herself.

I liked most of the songs, with Homeward Bound/Home still being my favorite because of how beautiful it is. I'm really disappointed with how Quinn's lost all of her character development, again. She's no better than she was those very first episodes of season 1, she's completely regressed. :( She was bitchy and undeservingly mean, inconsiderate, and jumped to conclusions. I actually felt the graduated seniors got too much focus. As much as I loved their group song, I'd prefer the graduates stopped coming back and being shoehorned haphazardly into episodes - there's simply not enough room for them, the new cast, and Kurt and Rachel.

I loved all of Hummelberry's scenes, as always wub I love how sweet and supportive Rachel's become of Kurt, being there for him and encouraging him every step of the way. The pinky promise, her declaration that he's the only significant other she needs, his promise to her there'd always be holiday melodys, her and Kurt's reaction to Brody saying there'd be no singing, their dancing to the Kiki....all of it was wonderful. wub

I also really loved Kurt's scenes with Isabelle. I like that they're close friends and confidants, that she's noticed he's been in a sad mood lately, their friendly chatting about movies and feeling friendly enough to share Thanksgiving together. I especially loved her advice to Kurt and how she comforted him after the phonecall. She didn't urge him to get back together with Blaine, but told him it would make him - Kurt - feel better if he could forgive him, in order to have closure and move on. I really liked that. And of course, the hug was lovely. Kurt needed a comforting shoulder to cry on just then, and I'm so glad Isabelle could be that for him.

I'll also admit the Klaine scene almost made me cry. Seeing how rawly hurt Kurt was and yet how much he was trying and yet still needed Blaine, it killed me seeing him cry and have such tears in his voice, I wanted to hug him so much. Chris is brilliant. I even found Blaine's tears touching too, his elated smile at the thought of spending Christmas together and the fact that Kurt was talking to him and still thinks of him as his best friends. It was just really emotional and sweet. I'm still mad at Blaine, just like Kurt. I haven't forgiven him for hurting Kurt either (and I'm glad we got another glimpse of just how hurt Kurt really is about all this). But I still really liked the scene, and am looking forward to this "heart to heart" in the Christmas episode.

But not as much as I'm looking forward to CHRIS'S SOLO AT LAST NEXT WEEK!!! OMG so excited for Sunday night when we get to hear Being Alive!!! Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by ColferGirl on 11/30/2012, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/30/2012, 4:35 am

sheny wrote:4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o1_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o2_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o3_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o4_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o5_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o6_250

4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 2641883990

Kurt is the best. 4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/30/2012, 7:01 am

New Stills
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meamvgYkXO1qkxuj7o1_12804x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meamvgYkXO1qkxuj7o3_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 11/30/2012, 8:19 am

ColferGirl wrote: I loved all of Hummelberry's scenes, as always wub I love how sweet and supportive Rachel's become of Kurt, being there for him and encouraging him every step of the way. The pinky promise, her declaration that he's the only significant other she needs, his promise to her there'd always be holiday melodays, her and Kurt's reaction to Brody saying there'd be no singing, their dancing to the Kiki....all of it was wonderful. wub

I also really loved Kurt's scenes with Isabelle. I like that they're close friends and confidants, that she's noticed he's been in a sad mood lately, their friendly chatting about movies and feeling friendly enough to share Thanksgiving together. I especially loved her advice to Kurt and how she comforted him after the phonecall. She didn't urge him to get back together with Blaine, but told him it would make him - Kurt - feel better if he could forgive him, in order to have closure and move on. I really liked that. And of course, the hug was lovely. Kurt needed a comforting shoulder to cry on just then, and I'm so glad Isabelle could be that for him.

I'll also admit the Klaine scene almost made me cry. Seeing how rawly hurt Kurt was and yet how much he was trying and yet still needed Blaine, it killed me seeing him cry and have such tears in his voice, I wanted to hug him so much. Chris is brilliant. I even found Blaine's tears touching too, his elated smile at the thought of spending Christmas together and the fact that Kurt was talking to him and still thinks of him as his best friends. It was just really emotional and sweet. I'm still mad at Blaine, just like Kurt. I haven't forgiven him for hurting Kurt either (and I'm glad we got another glimpse of just how hurt Kurt really is about all this). But I still really liked the scene, and am looking forward to this "heart to heart" in the Christmas episode.

But not as much as I'm looking forward to CHRIS'S SOLO AT LAST NEXT WEEK!!! OMG so excited for Sunday night when we get to hear Being Alive!!! Smile Smile Smile

PREACH!!! banzai
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/30/2012, 8:46 am

sheny wrote:New Stills
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meamvgYkXO1qkxuj7o1_1280[
Love it!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/30/2012, 9:09 am

I've watched the episode but I had problem to understand more than ever (I was probably too tired to really focus) so I wait for final opinion for subtitles... but the songs in this episode definitely was not my cup of tea and it was kinda boring at times... even though I was happy to see the original cast again, the way they are bringing them....I don' know

Kiki was funny, I think Klaine conversation was good written considering it's Glee and surprisingly maybe my favorite part of the episode were Kurt's interaction with Brody and Rachel because I just love THIS Kurt and want more of him.
4x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o1_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o2_r1_2504x08 "Thanksgiving" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_meaev7GLG41r7xsn2o6_250

I feel that everything around Kurt is too dramatic lately or everyone is too sweet, I really hope for more good snark and comedy in the future!

And I really wish Rachel would still look like Rachel and not like Lea... I miss the "old" Rachel. :(
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/30/2012, 9:29 am

This was a really good episode. I think this one and Break Up are there at the top for this season. It had it's flaws and weak moments, mostly due to that horrible Marley storyline, but the rest was fantastic.

I'm not the fan of warblers, but this was the first time in a long time that i actually liked their performances. They were fantastic on Whistle (no way is that new warbler not-bi-curious, not with that dancing by friend). They SOOOO deserve to win.

I had no idea I missed Quinn so much, but after this episode, I really do. Also she and Kitty were brilliant together and for the first time Kitty actually gave me the vibes of someone who is 16. The chemistry of the old cast is positively undeniable. I didn't even care about the Unholy Trinity scenes in the past and yet I loved them tonight.

All the Kurt stuff was perfect and finally we get to see his side of the story. I thought that it was perfectly understandably what he was feeling. The love you have for someone can't just disappear over night. And SJP advice was excellent. You can't move on until you are fully done with this chapter of your life. The phone call was great from both sides actually. DC was just the right amount emotive (maybe overdid it at the end with the crying, but then people all react differently so I'll give it a pass as an actor's choice). Kiki came out of nowhere and I couldn't tell if it was real or fantasy, but it was so much fun and you can tell that all involved had a blast. Chris was such a HBIC in that one. Swoon. coool

Also, GLORIOUS HUMMELBERRY !!!!!!! That is all. hapitgh

Ryder and Jake work best together. They have great friendship chemistry, even better then Finn and Puck did IMO, and Marley should just stay away from them both. Girlfriend has some serious issues with expectations and self image. I kept groaning at her awful voice over and just wanted to slap her face. And her mother ain't helping with all that "Don't screw this up" pressure.

Brody has a tiny bit more personality the before. Congratulations writers.

Gangnam Style should be erased from our collective memories and never mentioned again. And Finn, you are officially the worst glee club director ever. That little bit with Sue and Emma was presh.

All in all, the best episode of the after hiatus block.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next