Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7

+29
msjoanlucette
opals
sjonnepon
Catt24
Dame Loli
Piciollina
arina
bayth
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
brisallie
tanita_mors
Ireth
sheny
CloveGlee
M&M
ColferInspired
sahhar
Divalicious
tamara04
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
MissSoniaPP
Adamina
Ranwing
33 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7

Post  sheny 10/22/2012, 2:00 am

staceysthings:

Anonymous asked: Would you mind clarifying a little context of your conversation with Brad? Were his comments about them being friends in response to a question about their long-term future or upcoming stories or what? And was the thing about Kurt being lost unprompted or supposed to be reasoning for what they did or just reflection? Thanks!

Brad mentioned Kurt being lost in the relationship as we started talking about Kurt and Blaine in the last episode (I brought up the episode). His words (in response to me saying, “But man, that last episode…Kurt and Blaine, it was like a stab in the heart”) were, “I know. But it [the breakup] was time. It was time. Kurt got a little lost in the relationship.” (he may not have said “a little”, I don’t quite recall but he definitely said Kurt was lost in the relationship). So he was the one to bring up Kurt. In response I said, “I think Blaine got lost too. He needs to be more than Kurt’s boyfriend.” Brad agreed without any hesitation or snarkiness or negativity and said that Blaine has some great stuff coming up. He sounded enthusiastic about it, and genuinely engaged and interested, which I don’t usually get from Brad with regards to Blaine.

I did not ask Brad a question about Kurt and Blaine’s long-term future. He said at one point (unprompted) that some of the couples will get back together eventually and I said that I hoped that Kurt and Blaine would. That’s when he told me that they’ll definitely make up and be friends. He obviously wasn’t going to give away anything about them getting back together eventually or anything like that. He made it clear that that was NOT what he was saying. But, he stated that they’d be making up and be friends at least twice during our conversation.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7

Post  Jellyrolls 10/22/2012, 7:16 am

So, great stuff for Blaine. But what about Kurt?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2012, 7:37 am

^Well, to be fair: age of aquarius wrote that Brad Falchuk brought up Kurt first (that Kurt was lost in the relationship), and only after Brad mentioned Kurt did age of aquarius bring up Blaine herself (as in: I want to know about Blaine toooohoooooo), and then Brad obliged by saying something about Blaine.

Honestly? I think that Brad just felt cornered by a Glee fan, and gave some nondescript placate-the-Klaine-fan answer. bubgum
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/22/2012, 8:34 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Well, to be fair: age of aquarius wrote that Brad Falchuk brought up Kurt first (that Kurt was lost in the relationship), and only after Brad mentioned Kurt did age of aquarius bring up Blaine herself (as in: I want to know about Blaine toooohoooooo), and then Brad obliged by saying something about Blaine.

Honestly? I think that Brad just felt cornered by a Glee fan, and gave some nondescript placate-the-Klaine-fan answer. bubgum

Exactly what I thought. It's a pity the person was a "Blaine-fan", we could have known more about Kurt's whereabout for the future, but instead made the conversation all about Blaine.

In a way, I'm glad Brad brought up Kurt first and clearly stated that Kurt was lost in the relationship. I don't feel Blaine was "lost", since he wasn't a developped character before dating Kurt, while Kurt S1 and beginning of S2 was clearly a unique and fleshed out individual. Maybe Brad missed Kurt(s snark and backbone, the one he used to show before his personnality was watered down and sacrificed in favor of the Klaine fluffiness. I hope this means we'll get our fierce and bitchy Kurt back in future episodes.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/22/2012, 9:06 am

^ Kurt doesn't even have to be bitchy. He just has to not let other people steamroll all over him without a peep or protest.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2012, 9:15 am

Delight wrote:^ Kurt doesn't even have to be bitchy. He just has to not let other people steamroll all over him without a peep or protest.
Exactly. And that includes Rachel as well.

Kurt got 'lost' in season 3 because of Blaine (as Kurt had to be the meekly, soft-spoken, unworthy bf,.... and thank God he stood up for himself in DWS), and because of Rachel (getting the sidekick status in 'her' NYADA storyline). dryy

And I truly wish that at some point Kurt had stood up against his teachers treating him like dirt (and not only to Sue for wanting him in a dress).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/22/2012, 9:37 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Well, to be fair: age of aquarius wrote that Brad Falchuk brought up Kurt first (that Kurt was lost in the relationship), and only after Brad mentioned Kurt did age of aquarius bring up Blaine herself (as in: I want to know about Blaine toooohoooooo), and then Brad obliged by saying something about Blaine.

LOL. That's probably right. Though I don't know much about age of aquarius, we do know that some Blaine or Klaine fans can be a bit over enthusiastic. So, I'd think even a nice calm Blaine or Klaine fan could be a bit standoffish for RIB.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2012, 9:59 am

That was exactly the take I got from that conversation. Brad was specifically talking about Kurt at first in regards to the break up, and then only mentioned Blaine after being prompted. Which leaves me somewhat hopeful that Kurt's POV is not going to be ignored and that while Blaine is getting a whole bunch of songs, Kurt's story is still going to take primary focus between them.

I do get where the Blaine stan are coming from. They want to see more storylines and better character development for Blaine outside of his relationship with Kurt, but they conveniently forget the fact that Kurt is the only reason that Blaine exists at all. He was written specifically to interact with Kurt, either as a mentor or boyfriend. Wanting him to exist outside of Kurt could only be accomplished by spliting up the relationship (even temporarily) which the show has done. First with a physical seperation, and now with Blaine's infidelity. Blaine is now forging relationships with other members of ND as more than Kurt's boyfriend and Kurt has the freedom to find his place and identity in NY without a permanent tie to Ohio.

I try to take most of the spoilers with a grain of salt because none of them really give a clear picture of what's going to happen. But I am glad to see that we are getting assurance from multiple sources that Kurt's storyline (including singing) hasn't been completely forgotten and we'll have plenty to enjoy this season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2012, 12:58 pm

^I dare not get my hopes up, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. fanny2

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcarksacN21qg49w0o1_500
I'm starting to appreciate Lea's twitter fingers more and more. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/22/2012, 1:14 pm

Big question: now that Kurt is no longer lost in Blaine, will he get lost in Rachel?

If you didn't want him getting lost in other people, what the hell was that finale last season, Brad?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/22/2012, 1:30 pm

Yes, Kurt used to carry his own storylines, now he sets them up for others and they take over. That is why I believe Santana will get a job as a model. They would get to dress her in lovely and undoubtedly sexy fashion, and not have her have to do anything specific for her desire of "fame", and Kurt will likely be relegated to NYADA. My only hope is that Ryan does indeed want Kurt to do both NYADA and Vogue. He does need a job to support going to school, so I have hopes.

Kurt got lost in Blaine more than Blaine got lost in Kurt. Because we knew Kurt before, we knew the stuff he would do, his prickliness (which I miss) and wit. That went away to a boy mooning for a long time after another boy. Once said boy finally realized he wanted Kurt it became about the writers giving Blaine every victory Kurt ever wanted, with Kurt not once being a "bad" boyfriend and voicing his disappointment. Kurt stopped fighting. So Kurt was lost. Blaine just never had a personality outside of the dapper, perfect boy, which is not a personality, it is a perception. Breaking them up gives Kurt a chance to find himself, I hope, and we already know they plan on giving the perfect boy an actual personality. If they are going to get them together, it needs to be the real character/person, not what they perceive them to be. Same with Finn and Rachel.

I was thinking of Kurt's storylines over the years, the scenes, and I go back to his first ad lib. "One day, you will all work for me." Now I want him to look back at that time and say, "I once said,......., now that I am older, I realize I don't want to employ stupid people." Then I would know, Kurt is back.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/22/2012, 2:20 pm

Brad just posted this lovely picture:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 A50omhjCEAA5wlB
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2012, 2:39 pm

^Those pants make me think of Kurt as a Cheerio: blushh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_m8pm2cixFu1rbuxd4o1_500

I loved that uniform. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/22/2012, 2:43 pm

Delight wrote:^ Kurt doesn't even have to be bitchy. He just has to not let other people steamroll all over him without a peep or protest.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/22/2012, 3:58 pm

I wish that they would re-visit the idea of having a spin off of kurt and rachel in the big city. There really is not anything on tv out there like that. The other would be that Someone would create a series specifically for Chris Colfer! this is a talent that needs to be front and center. Gee, I guess those are my career goals for Chris Colfer wonder what his own goals are and they match mine and meet my approval! Razz
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/22/2012, 4:44 pm

bayth wrote:Brad just posted this lovely picture:

So gorgeous wub wub wub

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/22/2012, 4:47 pm

ladydianab wrote:I wish that they would re-visit the idea of having a spin off of kurt and rachel in the big city. There really is not anything on tv out there like that. The other would be that Someone would create a series specifically for Chris Colfer! this is a talent that needs to be front and center. Gee, I guess those are my career goals for Chris Colfer wonder what his own goals are and they match mine and meet my approval! Razz

I agree with the above post, Espeically the 1st part of it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/22/2012, 7:08 pm

ladydianab wrote:I wish that they would re-visit the idea of having a spin off of kurt and rachel in the big city. There really is not anything on tv out there like that. The other would be that Someone would create a series specifically for Chris Colfer! this is a talent that needs to be front and center. Gee, I guess those are my career goals for Chris Colfer wonder what his own goals are and they match mine and meet my approval! Razz

I wish they did the spinoff too, with Chris, Cory, and Lea. It could be a half hour sitcom that's kind of a combination of Will & Grace and Three's Company. It's really too bad that RIB doesn't take advantage of two of their best talents (Chris and Cory). Lea gets a lot of screentime, but honestly, I think they aren't using her as well as they could. She is at her best opposite Cory and Chris--not Brody or Kate Hudson. Chris and Cory bring the best out of Lea.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 10/22/2012, 7:48 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I wish they did the spinoff too, with Chris, Cory, and Lea. It could be a half hour sitcom that's kind of a combination of Will & Grace and Three's Company. It's really too bad that RIB doesn't take advantage of two of their best talents (Chris and Cory). Lea gets a lot of screentime, but honestly, I think they aren't using her as well as they could. She is at her best opposite Cory and Chris--not Brody or Kate Hudson. Chris and Cory bring the best out of Lea.

Yes!Me too! I totally want that. How do we make them???? rooots
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/22/2012, 9:32 pm

sheny wrote:
bayth wrote:Brad just posted this lovely picture:

So gorgeous wub wub wub

Indeed wub Trust Kurt to have his hair so neat when he's in bed dressed casually.

Jellyrolls wrote:
ladydianab wrote:I wish that they wo
uld re-visit the idea of having a spin off of kurt and rachel in the big city. There really is not anything on tv out there like that. The other would be that Someone would create a series specifically for Chris Colfer! this is a talent that needs to be front and center. Gee, I guess those are my career goals for Chris Colfer wonder what his own goals are and they match mine and meet my approval! Razz

Since we're not getting a spinoff, I wish they would pair up/group their actors better for scenes, like having any combination of Chris/Lea/Cory often... But in a way that develops each character instead of relegating one to the side-kick.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2012, 10:31 pm

Just realized that Rachel is wearing Kurt's off the shoulder shirt that he wore for his Skype call with Blaine (and nearly caused a fandom sex riot in the process since we got to see bare skin).

Rachel, stay out of Kurt's stuff! If you're not going to share NYADA, you don't get to borrow his clothes! taunt02
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamina 10/22/2012, 11:58 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Rmtweet_zpsf1defa56
Adamina
Adamina
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 10/23/2012, 12:00 am

Adamina wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Rmtweet_zpsf1defa56

When I first saw this, half of me was all YESSSSSSSSSSS CHRIS SOLO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. And then I saw that last part and I was all "OMG please tell me it's not S&M". Razz
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/23/2012, 1:49 am

ColferGirl wrote:
Adamina wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Rmtweet_zpsf1defa56

When I first saw this, half of me was all YESSSSSSSSSSS CHRIS SOLO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. And then I saw that last part and I was all "OMG please tell me it's not S&M". Razz

I was so excited to hear about a solo of Chris' choice. But I really don't mind S&M if he gets to do a big routine like he wants with chains and stuff. It could be something like I Am The Greatest Star.

Yay a solo for Kurt! panik
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/23/2012, 2:35 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcbxloOBZL1r5deoeo3_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcbxfzNpKA1r5deoeo6_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcbxfzNpKA1r5deoeo2_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcbxfzNpKA1r5deoeo8_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcbxj7Lhge1r5deoeo10_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next