Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  zuppid 9/10/2012, 10:49 am

I don't know...4x03 should focus on Kurt a bit more...hopefully

4x02...We don't know nothing about Kurt,right?Sob!
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  brisallie 9/10/2012, 12:06 pm

I just listen the songs and I'm glad Jake and Marley can sing neutre , it makes me feel relieved.

Regarding the songs:

-I was expecting more from Chasing Pavements because I like the original version , so for me the ND version was kinda plain.

-Rachel/Marley duet, it was nice to hear both of them but I would like to confirm thie with you Marie, Marley/Melissa has a deep voice than Rachel/Lea?

-Never say never ,at the beginning I was expecting the Justin Bieber's song but not. I think already has been said that this boy can sing and has a rich voice and yep I like it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/10/2012, 12:22 pm

brisallie wrote:-Rachel/Marley duet, it was nice to hear both of them but I would like to confirm thie with you Marie, Marley/Melissa has a deep voice than Rachel/Lea?
Their voices are different, and TBH I don't think they mesh well at all.
Lea is more theatrical (too much, imo), Melissa has a 'straighter' voice, more clean. Her voice does have a deeper timbre than Lea, quite warm actually. I like it, although if Melissa gets overexposed we'll get tired of her soon enough, as her voice is nothing really special.

I really like Jacob's voice, but then..... I liked Damian's voice a lot too, and he bored me to tears in Glee. Sleep
So I hope that Jacob is a triple threat: we know he can dance and sing, now let's see him acting.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/10/2012, 12:53 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Their voices are different, and TBH I don't think they mesh well at all.
Lea is more theatrical (too much, imo), Melissa has a 'straighter' voice, more clean. Her voice does have a deeper timbre than Lea, quite warm actually. I like it, although if Melissa gets overexposed we'll get tired of her soon enough, as her voice is nothing really special.

The fact that "Marley" is getting the first ND solo instead of Tina is for me a bad sign. Think we're going to be hearing way too much of this girl. The fact is that all of the singers on the show are good to excellent (depending on the material they get), but when you hear the same singers over and over again, no matter how good they are you just get sick to death of hearing them. I felt that way about Lea and Darren and the odds are that if Melissa sings in nearly every ep, I'll be sick of her too.

I really like Jacob's voice, but then..... I liked Damian's voice a lot too, and he bored me to tears in Glee. Sleep

I've seen bars of soap with more personality on screen than Damian so being better than him is not exactly a high bar to overcome. fanny2 I'd like Jacob to catch fire (in a good way) because ND desperately needs some spice and I don't see that coming from any of the established characters.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 9/10/2012, 1:32 pm

Just listen the songs too and I have to say this: I donĀ“t like them. Not very good start of Glee for me, really :(
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/10/2012, 1:44 pm

tanita_mors wrote:based on the music so far, i'm renaming the episodes to:

4x01 - The New Crap
4x02 - Crap 2.0

and if the other two prove just like these two

4x03 - The Crap-over
4x04 - The Crap-up

love your retitles. that's exactly how I feel. and I didn't bother to listen to any songs, so I can't contribute to any discussion of the songs. i will listen when kurt starts to sing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/10/2012, 2:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:-Rachel/Marley duet, it was nice to hear both of them but I would like to confirm thie with you Marie, Marley/Melissa has a deep voice than Rachel/Lea?
Their voices are different, and TBH I don't think they mesh well at all.

So I hope that Jacob is a triple threat: we know he can dance and sing, now let's see him acting.

Thanks for your answer Marie. And there's already a discussion how in one episode Marley is gonna be the new female lead or a.k.a "new rachel", whilst Tina has been expecting three years for that moment, even Rachel told her some months ago that she was gonna be the new female lead and suddenly they bring this new girl. I have nothing against Marley/Melissa, i also think her voice is warm and I like the fact is different than Lea's voice, but please don't overexpose this girl as they have done with others.

Regarding Jacob, his acting is gonna be a fireproof o.o
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/10/2012, 3:28 pm

he's so HOT in this
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 224704_378298262240987_822467282_n
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/10/2012, 3:34 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_ma5bk0B8MG1qdivjro1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/10/2012, 3:52 pm

^ this is the second time Sue's pic was pasted onto someone else. the first time was over blaine. they could have used that principle Figgy over blaine. I like Figgy. I like Figs. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/10/2012, 4:19 pm

The songs are OK...it's not good to compare another girl's voice to Lea's that baldly.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/10/2012, 6:47 pm

"Call Me Maybe" Performance

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/10/2012, 7:16 pm

the song is terrible but the guys are funny
Darren/Blaine cracks me up Razz
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 391632_363880177021912_1086063610_n

the look when Brit pushes him aside
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_ma5lxbgZsF1qb74s3o1_500

He slips out of character...this is Darren
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_ma5lxhBGiL1ra5gbxo1_500

Ok,I close the little OT Smile

Last edited by tanita_mors on 9/10/2012, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no need for spoiler bars, this is the spoiler thread. who doesn't want to see it, shouldn't be in it.)
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/10/2012, 7:52 pm

it's a cute performance, but the mugging all around is No particularly darren, some of those facial contortions are just unnatural

also, the awkwardness of the fact that artie's two ex-girlfriends are singing "call me maybe"
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/10/2012, 8:24 pm

In this song they're competing to be the next new leader of ND? So why is Wade singing? he's the new one.

I'm sorry but still don't like it Wade/Unique.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/10/2012, 8:36 pm

What a bland performance. Didn't like it at all. It's amazing how much that spark from ND is missing when Kurt is not there, and from what I've seen, it looks like they're going to be pushing Wade/Unique down our throats, to make him the next big thing, just like Blarren, and they're trying to make him the next Kurt at the same time. Sorry guys, but that will never happen, and I'm not feeling it. Geez, why didn't they just make a Hummelberry spinoff, the most things I see from McKinley the more uninteresting I get in it. Chris/Kurt really is the only thing that will keep me glued to Season 4, I can safely say that.

A little Snark and Bark: Don't even get me started on Blarren's expressions Laughing

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/10/2012, 8:57 pm

And Chris isn't singing in this episode because...? beam

Think that it's kind of insult to injury that Kurt isn't going to be singing at all for some time that we know of, but Brittany - easily the weakest singer on the show - gets showcased. vomir

I am going to admit it... I'm past the point of watching this show for the musical performances. I'd rather sit through any dramatic/comedy scenes they come up for Kurt than sit through endless Blaine/Marley/Rachel solos. There's just... nothing special here.

Off to go rewatch Blackbird, As If We Never Said Goodbye and Born This Way.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/10/2012, 9:03 pm

Ranwing wrote:And Chris isn't singing in this episode because...? beam

Think that it's kind of insult to injury that Kurt isn't going to be singing at all for some time that we know of, but Brittany - easily the weakest singer on the show - gets showcased. vomir

I am going to admit it... I'm past the point of watching this show for the musical performances. I'd rather sit through any dramatic/comedy scenes they come up for Kurt than sit through endless Blaine/Marley/Rachel solos. There's just... nothing special here.

Off to go rewatch Blackbird, As If We Never Said Goodbye and Born This Way.

Preach. The weakest singers (Heather etc) and actors (Alex) are getting showcased and Chris/Kurt never even got to sing that much in group songs. Honestly dryy .
I don't care about musical numbers either anymore. Yeah that's the point of Glee in a way, but nothing about them appeals to me anymore. I just couldn't care less.
As long as there are Chris/Kurt scenes in any capacity, I'll watch. Anything Chris is in, I'll watch. Glee would be nothing without Chris. I might seem in a bitchy mood, but it's the truth. The magic of Glee in not there without him, and none of actors, old or new, can sing or act like him. They'll never be another Chris or Kurt, no matter how many Blarren solos or Glee project winners they try to shove down our throats. Period.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/10/2012, 9:17 pm

Still wanting to see the full performance of Chasing Pavements but I'm already missing the old ND :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/10/2012, 11:00 pm

pardon me for not wanting to watch it. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/11/2012, 12:10 am

Rachel is the only character that gets story and songs. Everyone else gets what's left. The weaker actors usually get singing/dance numbers. The better actors sing much less (well, Finn got a lot, because of the need for romantic duets on Glee) but get stories, even poorly written ones.

The first four episodes are setting up the whole season. I think the middle part will focus on graduating seniors and NY, plus some adult storylines. They are trying to set up the new kids and get people interested in them, plus then they can use that feedback to make any changes to continuing storylines they may have in mind for the rest of the season. If Chris hadn't wowed them, I doubt his focus would have increased from the front 13 to the back 9. It isn't until they get the characters in front of the camera and see how they interact that how they run for a person seems to gel.

Part me also thinks TPTB are looking at this to see how viable ND is without it's heavy hitters in the choir room. To have McKinley fade away, and focus on NY, would affect the entire adult cast, and that also would take a huge amount of planning. They really want to make both sides work, I think, but truthfully, the entire going to competition stuff in the high school is getting old to me, and the competition episodes are inherently some of their weaker ones as well storywise.

While I don't like Kurt getting to sing, especially when all the newbies are, he is a set character. He has an audience that loves him. We are invested. I think the middle part of the season will be showing a lot of changes for him, unless their plan is to continue with the Vogue idea, but I think some sort of acting will come into play. That requires set up. Set up requires story. Plus Rachel's stint with Kate will be finished, so something else will come into play at that time.

Brittney being focused on makes sense to me, because I really think they are going to break Brittana up, that will be what leads Santana to head to NY in episode 4. So they need to set up her story, make her an underdog, make her decide she actually might need to start thinking for herself, and how taking care of her holds others back. I have never been for Brittana because it was never a healthy relationship. Santana lies to her about plumbing for sex, feels she has to hold Brittney's hand to help her cross the street. I am not saying that Santana doesn't have feelings for Brittney, but sometimes I feel it is because she dictates the relationship, and that makes her feel safe. She needs to feel equal to her partner, both of them do, for me to get behind this partnership.

The whole Rachel 2.0 thing is also answering an audience question, who will be the new lead, I am still hoping it will be much more spread around. My biggest hope is that Will realizes how he screwed up Kurt's opportunities by not giving him leads in competitions. I doubt that will happen, but Glee does occasionally surprise us.

I can't wait for Vogue, to see how much Kurt gets to interact with more veteran actors, where Rachel just gets Kate. It doesn't sound like a whole lot of acting talent is being cast for NYADA, Brody is played by a newer performer and Rachel has an invisible over-sexed roommate. They are going solely on Lea's talent making NYADA interesting. Kurt is being set up a lot more, and I think Chris will really get to shine, and enjoy himself because he gets to play with performers that have a lot more acting experience than most of the McKinley actors.

We have to eat our over-cooked liver (my least favorite food) before we get to our lovely dessert, Kurt, and Chris will make it worth the wait.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/11/2012, 3:06 am

In that last interview Chris did he mentioned about stories being combined. I don't know if I mentioned it here but maybe that is what will happen with Kurt's, Finn's and Santana's their stories will is some way be combined to some degree.

I don't think they will do this with the Nyada one as Rachel is just there.

From a tweet by Naya last week she tweeted that she was at the Louisville library, then later Chord tweeted about he and Naya at breadsticks.

So Santana goes from Louisville back to Lima.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 9/11/2012, 3:55 am

tanita_mors wrote:it's a cute performance, but the mugging all around is No particularly darren, some of those facial contortions are just unnatural

also, the awkwardness of the fact that artie's two ex-girlfriends are singing "call me maybe"

Oh yeah, both of Artie's exes-that's awkward...

I found this performance really funny, I didn't like the song when it was released but everyone's facial expressions makes it fun to watch.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/11/2012, 4:10 am

I kinda liked 'Call Me Maybe', mostly for the lovely goofing around of the cast, and despite how bad Glee is, I love most of the cast members. Jenna, Heather and even Darren were cute together. And I see Kevin doing his Ryan Murphy impersonation again. Razz
But that's exactly what is wrong with this performance: I see the cast goofing around, but I don't see the characters, and I don't even care about the characters. They will have to come up with some good storylines to get me excited again.

I don't like the original song, but they made the most of it, I guess. So, I'm not going to diss this song completely just because I don't care about the writing of Glee anymore. Some of these actors still spark my interest, and as always with Glee: if the writing wasn't so bad, this show could really work, even with the newbies.
I'll give the newbies a chance, and I think the GA really don't care that some of the old cast has been replaced. I'm sorry to say, but characters like Puck, Quinn and Mercedes were very popular in the fandom and they'll be missed, but the GA forgets fast. It will depend on how the new characters are written if the newbies will become popular, but if that is done well (ha, it's Glee) the McKinley part might be succesful.

So I'm giving the McKinley part of Glee a fighting chance next season. It's the Rachel at NYADA part that doesn't appeal to me at all. Not because Kurt didn't get in and I loathe that, but because from what I detect from the spoilers they are not setting NYADA up right at all: it's a hollow storyline with not enough foundation to make it even slightly interesting. With only Kate Hudson and Brody to play off of Rachel is in a nowhere-land at NYADA. Add the stupid storyline of a drunk failed dance teacher bullying poor Rachel, no Broadway songs at a Broadway school, and yet another love triangle, and I'm already yawning. Sleep
I just hope that Kurt's story in New York will be interesting, and that Hummelberry + Santana will be enough to uphold the New York part of Glee, because I don't think that Rachel in NYADA will be enough to keep NY afloat.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/11/2012, 9:08 am

Glorfindel wrote:
So I'm giving the McKinley part of Glee a fighting chance next season. It's the Rachel at NYADA part that doesn't appeal to me at all. Not because Kurt didn't get in and I loathe that, but because from what I detect from the spoilers they are not setting NYADA up right at all: it's a hollow storyline with not enough foundation to make it even slightly interesting. With only Kate Hudson and Brody to play off of Rachel is in a nowhere-land at NYADA. Add the stupid storyline of a drunk failed dance teacher bullying poor Rachel, no Broadway songs at a Broadway school, and yet another love triangle, and I'm already yawning. Sleep
I just hope that Kurt's story in New York will be interesting, and that Hummelberry + Santana will be enough to uphold the New York part of Glee, because I don't think that Rachel in NYADA will be enough to keep NY afloat.
banzai This!

I'm going to watch Glee because of Chris and I have very low expectations but I'll give the show a shot trying to keep an open mind.
I wasn't expecting Kurt to get a solo in the first episode not when there are new characters to be sold.I think it's only logic.
Rachel gets songs because she's the only one in NY (and because Murphy has a constant boner for Lea.Don't get me wrong,she's good but COME ON!!!)and Kurt is,once again,penalized by Chris's talent...while the other characters seem to get very light storylines he has to deal with the heavy stuff...How many kids can relate to him in this specific period?
when my best friend didn't get in the med school as i did she spent an entire year attending an university she hated and was so sad all the time :(
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next