Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in TGP

+17
BlueJazz
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
FunnyLady
Ireth
Sani
bayth
tanita_mors
Divalicious
ColferInspired
msjoanlucette
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
fantastica
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris in TGP

Post  brisallie 8/8/2012, 2:10 pm

^
Exactly. See what happened last season, either Damian or Samuel were the biggest break. Everything was a promise that it wasn't fulfilled or simply producers realized these boys weren't what they expected they're gonna be. So I feel bad they're making an effort to get a role on Glee, a role that at the end is not more than a background character.

I have found pics of Chris from next episode:
Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g4ipVjXE1rujjf1o2_250Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g4ipVjXE1rujjf1o1_250
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 8/8/2012, 2:46 pm

msjoanlucette wrote:Hi! Smile
I did. I was going to talk about it but I didn't have any pictures of anything and my meeting was very boring compared to other people. And I was very very disappointed in myself for not saying any of the things I was planning to, but meeting Chris was well worth the wait.

Boring?? There couldnĀ“t be nothing boring on meeting Chris :-) Oh, how I envy you all. I hope he comes to Europe for any reason - signing a book, concert, filming - anything.
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/8/2012, 3:01 pm

brisallie wrote:^
Exactly. See what happened last season, either Damian or Samuel were the biggest break. Everything was a promise that it wasn't fulfilled or simply producers realized these boys weren't what they expected they're gonna be. So I feel bad they're making an effort to get a role on Glee, a role that at the end is not more than a background character.

Honestly, after watching these kids week after week on the Glee Project, I really don't think any of them have the talent to make it as much more than a background character on Glee. None of them are going to be breakout stars.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2012, 3:12 pm

^ some may have certain talent to match but what they all lack is the "it" factor - that misterious magnetic pull that keep you want to see and know that person more and more. it's a one in a million thing, or maybe 10 milliion thing.

for those who are too lazy to click the link, here's the video:

when we first heard of TGP, we thought that it was to re-create the CC magic. well they just confirmed it, but these kids aint' no magic. like I said, 1 in 10 million kind of thing. maybe after 10 TGPs they will find one.

i am glad that everybody gets to see Chris in person. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/8/2012, 4:50 pm

Ranwing wrote:Second, the truth is out. Glee is still trying to recreate the lightening in a bottle magic they had when Chris walked into the auditions that first day. That was the whole reason behind TGP and why they keep failing. You can't force magic to happen and Chris is magic. You can't just deliberately make it happen. I feel sorry for these kids because they tried it last season with Damian, Samuel, Lindsey and Alex (with uneven and limited success). Using Chris as the example of what the show is expecting of TGP winners is just cruel in my book.
banzai THIS.

I like how they acknowledge that Chris sort of is the inspiration for the Glee Project. We already figured that out, but it's good to hear that said on the show.
They are really trying to get another break out star that inspires the writers to write for them. But lightning rarely strikes twice. tonguue
An actor/singer like Chris only can be found every once in a while. wub
And none of these TGP kids seem to come close to the talent and uniqueness Chris has.

It's nice to see Chris together with Robert Ulrich, who gave him his big break by seeing how special Chris is and bringing him to Ryan, even though he knew there was no existing role for him. Robert deserved his Emmy for the casting of Glee (and we all love the cast), and he was so happy when Chris won his Golden Globe:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/8/2012, 5:46 pm

brisallie wrote:I have found pics of Chris from next episode:
Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g4ipVjXE1rujjf1o2_250Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g4ipVjXE1rujjf1o1_250

Oh, Chris is blue, blue and blue...

When was this filmed? I mean he lost his highlights last week when they started work on Glee, but it's longer than it is now at the top? Or am I just fooled/enthralled by that hair... aa54 Could this have been already filmed in May?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2012, 6:13 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
brisallie wrote:I have found pics of Chris from next episode:

Could this have been already filmed in May?

I think it was filmed a couple of months back. Probably May? I find it amusing that saying Chris Colfer is the inspiration for the Glee Project overlooks the fact that Chris Colfer may not have survived the winnowing process of this reality show format since they are more focused on fabricated drama and trumped up suspense.

Talent doesn't seem to be the criteria, especially since they haven't picked any strong actors yet.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/8/2012, 8:55 pm

Buenos wrote:Talent doesn't seem to be the criteria, especially since they haven't picked any strong actors yet.

And that's the biggest problem with TGP. Glee's biggest selling point are the vocal performances, but at it's heart it's still a scripted show. This isn't American Idol or a variety program. One of these kids is going to have to play a character. If all they're doing is singing, we're not going to see what kind of instincts they have as an actor. Can they take the bare bones characterization that they are given and flesh it out and give their character personality and mannerisms unique to that character? One thing about Chris that I loved was that even when he had no dialogue in a scene, he never just vanished. He was always doing something in the background. It might be subtle, just a cocked head or smirk, but he never just sat there doing absolutely nothing. That shows enormous investment in his character and instinct as a performer. And Chris never overdid it. It was enough to remind you that he was there and fully engaged in the action. Contrast that with Damian who if he didn't have dialogue just stood or sat there like a lump and gave the impression of being dead from the neck up.

Glee doesn't need more singers. They need actors who can carry a tune. They need performers that are capable of helping to create characters that will hopefully begin to ease the trasition of the characters that graduated. Thus far, I have no expectations that any of these kids will be capable of that. I don't want to crap all over these kids and their aspirations because they seem genuinely enthusiastic about being on Glee. It's just asking them to be so amazing that a character can be created out of thin air and making themselves a place on the show? That's a very, very tall order.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/8/2012, 9:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Honestly, after watching these kids week after week on the Glee Project, I really don't think any of them have the talent to make it as much more than a background character on Glee. None of them are going to be breakout stars.

Agree. At the end I think these kids are only to fill the empty places of Glee. And is sad because them are expecting something better.

And though what Robert said that TGP was inspired by Chris and I won't deny that sounds amazing, partly I feel is a way to be flatterer toward someone. Maybe what he said is what he felt, because I know Robert truly likes Chris but RM?

@Marie, thanks for that video of Robert talking about Chris.

@Kim, thanks for the video.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/9/2012, 5:16 am

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:Talent doesn't seem to be the criteria, especially since they haven't picked any strong actors yet.

And that's the biggest problem with TGP. Glee's biggest selling point are the vocal performances, but at it's heart it's still a scripted show. This isn't American Idol or a variety program. One of these kids is going to have to play a character. If all they're doing is singing, we're not going to see what kind of instincts they have as an actor.
Can they take the bare bones characterization that they are given and flesh it out and give their character personality and mannerisms unique to that character? One thing about Chris that I loved was that even when he had no dialogue in a scene, he never just vanished. He was always doing something in the background. It might be subtle, just a cocked head or smirk, but he never just sat there doing absolutely nothing. That shows enormous investment in his character and instinct as a performer. And Chris never overdid it. It was enough to remind you that he was there and fully engaged in the action. Contrast that with Damian who if he didn't have dialogue just stood or sat there like a lump and gave the impression of being dead from the neck up.

Glee doesn't need more singers. They need actors who can carry a tune. They need performers that are capable of helping to create characters that will hopefully begin to ease the trasition of the characters that graduated. Thus far, I have no expectations that any of these kids will be capable of that. I don't want to crap all over these kids and their aspirations because they seem genuinely enthusiastic about being on Glee. It's just asking them to be so amazing that a character can be created out of thin air and making themselves a place on the show? That's a very, very tall order.
I've been saying this since last year, when we found out what TGP was like and who won. They are doing it all wrong. THey need actors who can sing, not singers who can act. That subtlety makes all the difference. Some of their most important characters on the show either sing only from time to time or are weaker in that department. Singing shouldn't be the most important factor for a scripted tv show, even if it's a musical. But Glee has change considerably since it started. It's more like High School Musical that they were making fun of in the beginning. Relationship drama, hot guys and top 40 pop music.The kids they chose are perfect for that - with talent as shallow as the tv show they will be going on.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/9/2012, 5:27 am

I haven't seen a single TGP episode yet, but from what I've heard I don't think I'll be very interested in the new characters they create for the winners. Hopefully it works out better than the last time...

Shallow comments time: Chris looks super hot. I love the way his hair is done!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/9/2012, 7:06 am

LOL at Fox/RIB for thinking they can find another Chris Colfer on a reality show. I think they may have to wait for a few more years. It's really really hard to duplicate another magic casting like Chris', please don't fool yourselves, RIB.

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8fzwhTyCt1qkskzzo2_r2_250

Aww... Chris looks so good and cute in blue. aa54 aa54 I love that he wears blue so oftenly because it's my favorite color. And Chris needs to be an ambassador/spokesman of a hair product (shampoo, hair gel, hair mask, etc) some day! Just look at his FREAKING GLORIOUS HAIR aa54 aa54

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/9/2012, 7:36 am

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o1_250 Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o2_250

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o3_250 Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o4_250

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o5_250 Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g0wkhnTD1qcgxz0o6_250
source

Thank you, tumblr. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/9/2012, 2:07 pm

I remain convinced that Chris does get offers to do modeling, whether it be hair or clothes, but is so focused on his creative outlets in writing, doesn't take them. He really needs to start thinking of his fans. coool

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/9/2012, 3:06 pm

Divalicious wrote:I remain convinced that Chris does get offers to do modeling, whether it be hair or clothes, but is so focused on his creative outlets in writing, doesn't take them. He really needs to start thinking of his fans. coool

Agree. And is a pity that Chris has turned down those offers. What's wrong is he does at least one commercial Smile I'm already imagining Chris saying "Because I'm worth it" from L'Oreal.

Regarding the finale of TGP, still believe that RM is looking for someone that inspires him to write a character about her/him but hopefully that person also is a good actor, because as someone said before Glee needs actors who sings, if not this gonna be a teenager musical.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/9/2012, 3:19 pm

chris has no interest whatsoever in modeling unless it's posing for some promotional work. Modeling is boring hard work. someone as creative as Chris would be a total waste doing that, and he is making far more money doing something he actually loves. what we really need is more professionally shot, nicely posed photos like those published a month ago.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/9/2012, 3:58 pm

fantastica wrote:chris has no interest whatsoever in modeling unless it's posing for some promotional work. Modeling is boring hard work. someone as creative as Chris would be a total waste doing that, and he is making far more money doing something he actually loves. what we really need is more professionally shot, nicely posed photos like those published a month ago.

However actors use photo shoots with magazines , which in a sense is modeling, to promote their projects. Joseph Gordeon Levitt for example is on the cover of GQ, did it in tandem with "The Dark Knight" coming out.

So I think if Chris with "Struck by Lightning" coming out this fall could do some photo shoots for promoting his movies/books it's all good/good. Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/9/2012, 4:11 pm

^
Agree.

If photoshoots aren't a sort of modeling so what is? Umm It could be say that's promoting your new book or film or song :p

Yes! I wanna see lots of photoshoots of Chris when SBL releases in December. Like the one he made for Tribeca.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/9/2012, 4:21 pm

by modeling I was talking about modeling for fashion, like runway models or shooting for catalogues. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/10/2012, 10:16 am

From tumblr.

blake when grant

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g5apb16C1qeqycx

blake when darren

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g5azYuMn1qeqycx

blake when chris

Chris in TGP - Page 2 Tumblr_m8g5bd9A2z1qeqycx

ptdr
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/10/2012, 11:24 am

Sani wrote:From tumblr.

blake when chris

ptdr

Awww... he's got a boy crush! lol!

Yeah, I'll ship it. He does the heart in the eyes almost as well as Darren does.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/10/2012, 12:06 pm

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/10/2012, 1:19 pm

oh, i was really hoping he would trash them - but we know chris doesn't like to say negative stuff to people in their face. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/10/2012, 4:42 pm

fantastica wrote:by modeling I was talking about modeling for fashion, like runway models or shooting for catalogues. neutre

Got it.

Sadly he's not tall enough to be a runway model. I'd be in the front row to see him.

Sani wrote:From tumblr.

blake when chris

ptdr

lol Actually I think he jumped from his seat when he saw Chris getting into the room :hum: or just I'm imagining that.

@Kim, we know that Chris is someone who don't gonna say how awful they were. He could be as polite as other mentors had been "You were good but I think you still need to improve this and that and bla bla".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/10/2012, 6:45 pm

that guy, Blake, Blair? or something? - looks like Chord minus hte trouty mouth.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next