Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in TGP

+17
BlueJazz
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
FunnyLady
Ireth
Sani
bayth
tanita_mors
Divalicious
ColferInspired
msjoanlucette
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
fantastica
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chris in TGP - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris in TGP

Post  brisallie 8/10/2012, 10:01 pm

^

Blake. And I'm glad I'm not alone. I believe that he looks (slightly) like Chord.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/14/2012, 12:54 pm

Chris on TGP finale

Chris in TGP - Page 3 Tumblr_m8r4roCPkT1qkskzzo1_500

Chris in TGP - Page 3 Tumblr_m8r4roCPkT1qkskzzo2_r1_500
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/14/2012, 2:15 pm

^
I would hire him for my wedding or any birthday to dance single ladies Razz because I'm not Jewish and my "quinces" were some years ago.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/14/2012, 3:36 pm

I bet my lunch that the Muslin girl wins.

I think the way they set up the show: they already know who they want, plus a few likely alternatives. Then they need more people to fill in, so they will choose those that are likely to bring drama - someone w/ big Diva attitudes or other personal issues etc., to keep the show interesting.

For me it's not interesting no matter what. I generally hate reality shows. But I will watch this episode because my bb is in it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/14/2012, 4:19 pm

I agree it is most likely the muslin girl, unfortunately I don't think she is the best actress. She can do flirty, and sing great, but I don't think she will bring a lot of range. Blake is their best actor, I have watched the project, and he's shown anger as well as the ability to share the scene with his partner. But I do think Ryan wants to have the muslin girl and the christian boy storyline, and I am not sure both actors are strong enough to make this anything really intersting.

We are so spoiled, because Chris always adds so many layers to his acting.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/14/2012, 7:04 pm

Even if Blake is miles better in acting, what are they going to write for him? does he have a label? On glee all main kids have a label: rachel the big broadway wannabe. Finn is her purse holder/lead jock; Kurt the gay; artie the wheelchair bound; dreads the christian barefoot; sam the stripper; puck the bad boy/cougarnizer; blaine the prince charming; sebastian the evil gay (now he's nothing); mercedes the black diva; unique the transgender cross dresser; tina the quiet asian; mike the dancing asian; quinn the popular queen bee; santana the latina tough girl; brittany the stupid blond dancer; rory the irish who disappeared in a poof. Sugar the rich daddy's girl; karofsky the closetted jock. oh, and this Blake - Sam/Chord look alike. what else?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/14/2012, 8:49 pm

I'd go for the muslim girl too, I think she sold well her story so she got the attention of Ryan. Regarding Blake, I like the fact he's good at acting but sadly he doesn't fit to a sterotype that haven't been seen on Glee, he's like a new Finn or Sam.

I'm glad Chris it gonna be the first minutes of the episode. Mentors are usually at the beginning Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/14/2012, 9:11 pm

Even if Blake is miles better in acting, what are they going to write for him? does he have a label?

The sad thing is if he's a good actor there should not be a problem writing for him, but these fucked up writers want "types" so that they can coast on gimmicks. Joe as a dreadlocked Christian homeschooled was a pathetic gimmick, even Colin Firth couln't have made that persona work, much less a questionable actor like Samuel.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/15/2012, 12:09 am

Is anybody watching TGP now???
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 12:12 am

well, the result is in - Blake won! so we don't have to second guess why Trollphy will pick a less capable person. After all, he chose another GUY! He should play Sam's cousin, because the two look like twins.

there is so little chris in it. such a waste of my time. at the end several cast mates came in (DC, Amber and Diana as well the 2 winners of last season plus Grant). I hope Chris wasn't there because he was on book tour, and/or he doesn't want to pick and choose someone. but he was there like only 2 minutes total. basically everything you see on those clips released earlier was 90% of what you will see of him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/15/2012, 12:16 am

I'm so glad blake won!! yay! :D
i saw a spoiler that said it was aylin. >.>
yeah and i guess i bet someone that aylin would win and i guess i lost...good thing there was no money on that bet! :D
yeah it sucks there was barely any chris. D:
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/15/2012, 12:20 am

@ Kim, so I still have to see the show to see the 10% that is missing. lol

Going back to the winner, I can't believe it o.o I think everyone was SO sure that Aylin was gonna win because she has a story to sell and as we discussed before Blake is a good actor but he's Finn or Sam 2.0. By other side ND is gonna have lots of boys, that's unreal.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 12:25 am

The 10% you missed was seconds of shots of Chris watching those guys performing their homework assignment, and then tell them he was going to mentor all 3 of them, rather than choosing a particular winner. so there you go. that makes 100% of Chris.

There were 2 clips previewed: the intro of CC, and the 30 second scene of his mentoring the guys.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/15/2012, 12:25 am

I don't think you have to see the show. I'm pretty sure someone on tumblr will probably collect all of the scenes with him in it. :D
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 12:47 am

Trollphy said blake is leading man material. so they've been looking for Finn 2.0 really all this time. the first season flopped because Damian, who Trollphy thought could be Finn 2.0, didn't have what it takes, even though they had him playing directly against cory to be sort of mentored by him. that's why he got the boot.

besides trollphy doesn't get tickled by girls. there's already one Lea, and he is determined to make her the only leading lady on the show.

there are guesses that blake will play blaine's love interest. yeah, whatever. if that's true, I hope blaine never comes back to Kurt.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/15/2012, 1:24 am

What is sad is no one would speculate that Blake would be put on as a possible love interest for Kurt.

I found it hilarious that Chris, Lea, Cory and Naya were MIA for the final performances , and in Chris' case he was the frigging mentor for the episode.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/15/2012, 2:26 am

fantastica wrote:well, the result is in - Blake won! so we don't have to second guess why Trollphy will pick a less capable person. After all, he chose another GUY! He should play Sam's cousin, because the two look like twins.

there is so little chris in it. such a waste of my time. at the end several cast mates came in (DC, Amber and Diana as well the 2 winners of last season plus Grant). I hope Chris wasn't there because he was on book tour, and/or he doesn't want to pick and choose someone. but he was there like only 2 minutes total. basically everything you see on those clips released earlier was 90% of what you will see of him.
I have never watched the Glee Project but I saw some video of other people mentoring and they were there always like few seconds, so I was kind of prepare for that.

I heard it was filmed in March.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 8/15/2012, 3:15 am

Buenos wrote:What is sad is no one would speculate that Blake would be put on as a possible love interest for Kurt.

Which is funny, to me, because that was the very first thing I thought when he won - but maybe that's because of my Kurt stan goggles.

It just seems that adding Blake to the McKinley side would just make him get "lost" so to speak, especially since Sam and Blaine and Artie are already there to be "leading men." If RIB really want to recreate a stellar success story with a TGP winner, instead of trying to obtain a new Chris - they should aim for a new Darren.

And although Darren's popularity came partly because he's personally charismatic, and a great singer, and attractive - I think a large part of his popularity came from the fact that he was Kurt's love interest, too, especially when Kurt's storyline (with the bullying) was the biggest deal on Glee at the time. Chris himself said he thought Teenage Dream was partly successful because it was the first time we saw Kurt smile; and Darren's acknowledged recently that he feels he's simply riding Chris's coattails.

If RIB want Blake to be similarly successful, I think they should set him up to be Kurt's new love interest just as Darren was. For one, that'll put him on the New York side of the show and Blake will get a lot more focus than he would at the overcrowded McKinley. He'd be attached to one of the most popular characters, and attached to one of the actors with the most critical acclaim - his scenes will automatically be elevated quality-wise and be highly anticipated. All I can see is a win-win situation if they made him part of Kurt's story...but maybe it's just my desperate, wishful thinking because I want a new love interest for Kurt so badly.

And I will be super angry if he turns out to be Blaine's love interest when they could have just used Sebastian for him, and Blake for Kurt, since they're bringing back the Warblers anyway. And I'll be especially angry if Blaine gets a new boyfriend but Kurt gets nothing as usual. :angry:

(though, Kurt's new guy could be any actor for me, it doesn't have to be Blake, but it'd be convenient and mean less characters for this bloated cast if he was)
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/15/2012, 7:02 am

I am so glad that Blake one. He was definitely the strongest actor in the final three, and he has a good (though typical) voice. From what we've seen of him, he is a stronger actor than any of the kids left at McKinley. He was very consistent throughout in the videos, and the studio (the only time he had trouble in the studio when they key was too high for him). He has a doofusy charm like Cory.

I'm glad that neither of the girls won because they both bugged me. I just didn't like either of them, especially Ailyn. I really thought that they would just exploit Aly if she won, and I didn't trust Ailyn's story in RIB's hands.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/15/2012, 9:28 am

brisallie wrote:@ Kim, so I still have to see the show to see the 10% that is missing. lol

Going back to the winner, I can't believe it o.o I think everyone was SO sure that Aylin was gonna win because she has a story to sell and as we discussed before Blake is a good actor but he's Finn or Sam 2.0. By other side ND is gonna have lots of boys, that's unreal.
Usually a choir consists of about 80% girls and 20% boys, sometimes even 90%/10%.

ND now has:
boys: Sam, Artie, Blaine, Joe, Puck's brother (Jake?), Blake's character = 6
girls: Tina, Sugar, Brittany, Marley(?) and Kitty(?) = 5
Don't know where to put Wade/Unique in this. Either way: that choir structure is not very realistic, but then again: it's Glee. Mad

All the guys (not counting Wade) are white males (although Blaine is "slighty' Eurasian" or something), and all the girls are stunningly beautiful. sleepp More important than that: only 3 of the choir members we already know can sort of act, and except for Artie all the guys sound the same. Sleep

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know anything about the TGP contestants, but I'm kind of glad that RIB will not attempt to write for a Muslim girl or a girl in a wheelchair. Their trackrecord of handling storylines in a sensitive, subtle way is not that good. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/15/2012, 9:52 am

I think Blake will do all right on the show. He is far more talent than any of the other Glee Project kids who have been on the show, and he definitely seems to be a very natural actor. I think he can successfully portray an interesting character. While he isn't at the level of Chris, Lea, or Cory, I do think he's a far better actor than Darren, Samuel, Alex, or Damien. He's at least as good (probably better) than Chord, Kevin, and Mark.

He is young and cute, which will appeal to the tweens and teens who watch the show. He seems to be sweet and humble as a person. And most importantly, he seems to have a great work ethic and puts a lot into his performance, which was refreshing to see amongst a group of kids who all think they are the greatest singers/actors in the world.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/15/2012, 12:08 pm

I haven't watched the ep yet (it's on my DVR for when I get home), but from everything I've read, Blake is the best actor in the bunch and that is what this show very much needs. I don't care if he's not the best singer in the world, but we've got to have someone who can actually carry plotlines and after the utter failure that Damian was (who was clearly picked for his singing and not his acting), they need some fresh blood to help fill in the ND choir room.

Of course, there's no telling how he'll actually manage on the show. So much depends on the character they write for him, how he gels with the other cast members, etc. But hopefully he'll be able to help anchor things where they really need him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 8/15/2012, 2:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:@ Kim, so I still have to see the show to see the 10% that is missing. lol

Usually a choir consists of about 80% girls and 20% boys, sometimes even 90%/10%.

ND now has:
Don't know where to put Wade/Unique in this. Either way: that choir structure is not very realistic, but then again: it's Glee. Mad

All the guys (not counting Wade) are white males (although Blaine is "slighty' Eurasian" or something), and all the girls are stunningly beautiful. sleepp More important than that: only 3 of the choir members we already know can sort of act, and except for Artie all the guys sound the same. Sleep

Now that you've put it into perspective like this, by outlining who is left in Glee Club...if RIB write a really engaging, fun character for Blake, he could probably easily overtake the male side of the Ohio storylines. blinkk I love Artie, but if Blake is as consistently good on Glee as he was in the small fragments he had in TGP, then he may end up being the best male actor in the Ohio side (unless Jake proves to be very very good).

And if Blake is added, and if they count Wade/Unique as a girl(???), there'd be an even 6/6...and 12 members. There goes my dreams. Razz Oh well, he just better not date Blaine is all I ask. He should date Sugar or Kitty instead.

Hopefully they can make something passably interesting out of the Ohio side of the show.....so I won't want to fast-forward it all to get to the New York side.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/15/2012, 4:43 pm

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/15/2012, 4:53 pm

arina wrote:
I have never watched the Glee Project but I saw some video of other people mentoring and they were there always like few seconds, so I was kind of prepare for that.

I heard it was filmed in March.

I see you have added the extended version of the mentoring section. Usually they release the video hours later.

Glorfindel wrote:

ND now has:

Umm Wade/Unique could be half and a half, mainly in the boys category because he's not gonna be dresses up as girl all the time but in performances. But anyway, is unrealistic but it seems RM wants mostly boys in the choir. And reading what you said about the boys, Artie is gonna be the only one who vocally speaking is gonna put the difference among the guys?

By other side, I'm agree with you guys that hopefully RIB write something interesting for Blaine, if not he gonna lost in the Ohio storyline as happened with Samuel and Damian. For me that would be a pity because he has potential as actor.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next