Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in TGP

+17
BlueJazz
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
FunnyLady
Ireth
Sani
bayth
tanita_mors
Divalicious
ColferInspired
msjoanlucette
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
fantastica
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chris in TGP Empty Chris in TGP

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 11:48 pm

Finally:

Chris Colfer to guest mentor on the finale of The Glee Project 2 -Glee-ality:

On “The Glee Project” season two finale on Tuesday, August 14th at 10pm ET/PT, the final contenders vie for a seven episode arc on “Glee.” Joining the finalists is “Glee” series regular Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) who will mentor the contenders through “Glee-ality” week. The competitors will bring everything they have to the stage for their final performances, including their last homework assignment which is “You Can’t Stop The Beat” from Hairspray.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/08/02/oxygen-heats-up-tuesday-night-with-an-original-second-episode-of-all-the-right-moves-followed-by-glee-project-finale/143764/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

I will watch this just for Chris. neutre so, will we also find out who wins for hte contract? also, how many contestants are left?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris in TGP Empty Re: Chris in TGP

Post  Ranwing 8/4/2012, 12:26 am

What the holy heck is "Glee-ality"?

Interesting that Chris is mentoring for the finale. Either he's last because he was too busy with the book tour and SBL promo to go earlier in the season, or TPTB know that if they want to try to recreat the Colfer magic, they have to bring out the man himself. Sort of how the Democrats keep flocking back to Bill Clinton.

I have never, ever been motivated to watch an episode of TGP. This one though... darn you, Chris Colfer, ruining my perfect record!

Last edited by Ranwing on 8/4/2012, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2012, 1:02 am

How ironic that the actor who portrays the least gleeful character on glee is there for gleeality week.

Kim, there are five kids left at this point, and there should be four left for Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/4/2012, 1:17 am

ptdr It is. Still don't get it how Chris is the mentor of Glee-ality- actually what's that?- after all what happened? and still remember that he said some weeks ago that being part of something special doesn't make you special.

However, it is true that TGP was recorded in March? So possibly it was before the finale season?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 1:40 am

well, the finale is where they pick the winner - thus "gleeality" - or the ability to finally make it to the Glee show.

thanks Karen. so they can literally give all 4 contestants some sort of contracts if they want to, like last year. However this time, I see it more likely have one winner, and 2 semi-winners who will appear in the competition episodes only.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/4/2012, 1:47 am

According to Glee Wiki,

"Glee-ality is the finale episode of the first season of The Glee Project. The remaining four contenders will give it their all to demonstrate that they belong on the show. The final four contenders will get to the end and they will perform in a singing competition, but only one will win a dream role on Glee. The mentor from the episode was Ryan Murphy."

http://thegleeproject.wikia.com/wiki/Glee-ality_(Season_1)

Basically, Chris was so good, he convinced them to write a role for them. These 4 have to do that as well. Chris is literally the only one who makes sense to do this. Of course, he was the one who made the most sense for the bully episode and the vulnerability episode too.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2012, 2:20 am

Kim, they said early on there would only be one winner, but we know Ryan, so they all could come out with something.

I wish they would take an extra one of these kids and not bring Alex back.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 2:29 am

but RM loved Alex, didn't he?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/4/2012, 2:32 am

brisallie wrote: ptdr It is. Still don't get it how Chris is the mentor of Glee-ality- actually what's that?- after all what happened? and still remember that he said some weeks ago that being part of something special doesn't make you special.

However, it is true that TGP was recorded in March? So possibly it was before the finale season?

I think it is true that the glee project is pre-recorded but I don't know if it was in march.
I'm really excited that Chris will be on, but I'm disappointed because my friend found spoilers that have so far been accurate about who wins and I really hope the spoilers aren't true.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 2:37 am

^ Hi Joan, did you go to one of the TLOS signing? I may have remembered wrong.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/4/2012, 2:46 am

Hi! Smile
I did. I was going to talk about it but I didn't have any pictures of anything and my meeting was very boring compared to other people. And I was very very disappointed in myself for not saying any of the things I was planning to, but meeting Chris was well worth the wait.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 2:52 am

^ Welcome to the club of a growing number of members who have met Chris in person! Don't worry about not having good stories. We are just happy to know that you got to see Chris. You know, not everybody willl cry their butt off or else it would look like a funeral event. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/4/2012, 4:09 am

I have been waiting for this episode. Unfortunately I have to wait four more weeks before I see this, unless someone records it and uploads it. I know Chris fans are quick at getting anything with Chris in it, so I'm sure I won't have to wait four weeks. Chris in TGP 650269930

It is a shame that Abraham left and Dani. Unless all the eliminated ones appear on the show again. Because I got the impression from one of Chris's tweets that he met Abraham.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/4/2012, 4:51 am

Last season they brought everyone back for the group video shoot, so Chris still might have met Abraham, just not as a contender.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/4/2012, 4:59 am

4 weeks ? Honey, if you have internet, it will be up an hour after it airs on download sites. Trust me. I know. It will also, be the first and only episode (unless he guest stars again) of Glee Project I will ever watch. I hate reality shows, unless they are shows like masterchief or the next great baker.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/4/2012, 5:24 am

tanita_mors wrote:4 weeks ? Honey, if you have internet, it will be up an hour after it airs on download sites. Trust me. I know. It will also, be the first and only episode (unless he guest stars again) of Glee Project I will ever watch. I hate reality shows, unless they are shows like masterchief or the next great baker.

That's what I am waiting for. Chris in TGP 650269930

I like Masterchief as well.

I am looking forward to Chris's episode. Chris in TGP 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2012, 10:49 am

fantastica wrote:but RM loved Alex, didn't he?

For some bizarre reason, yes, but that was more because Alex gave him a clear vision for his character.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 8/4/2012, 12:30 pm

For those of you who have watched TGP - how much are the mentors on during the episode? I just want to know whether it will be worth the download of the video...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/4/2012, 12:49 pm

^ Not long, about 5 minutes i think.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/4/2012, 1:26 pm

msjoanlucette wrote:Hi! Smile
I did. I was going to talk about it but I didn't have any pictures of anything and my meeting was very boring compared to other people. And I was very very disappointed in myself for not saying any of the things I was planning to, but meeting Chris was well worth the wait.

It's great you got to meet him! And Kim's right, not everyone should be crying their hearts out there.

Sani wrote:^ Not long, about 5 minutes i think.

If that's the case I'll only watch Chris' parts. I haven't actually watched a single episode of TGP ever, and I don't feel like suddenly starting...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/4/2012, 1:28 pm

^ then download, so you can skip the parts you don't care about. I only watched the last 20 minutes of one of hte episodes and the mentor wasn't there. I think once the winner/bottom 3 were selected the mentor's job was done.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/4/2012, 4:09 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kim, they said early on there would only be one winner, but we know Ryan, so they all could come out with something.

I wish they would take an extra one of these kids and not bring Alex back.

Please!!! I want Nellie :D

If some of you don't wanna download the episode,there's always links to see it online.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/8/2012, 1:17 pm

As always, the tumblr gods have kindly delivered and there's a preview of Chris's TGP episode.

http://colfertale.tumblr.com/post/28983976214/chris-colfer-preview-on-the-glee-project-tumblr

Several things immediately struck me.

• First of all, Chris is looking absolutely smoking! I mean, super hot. The kind of hot that makes me wish I were a gay man so I might stand an infintesimal chance of having him. aa54

• Second, the truth is out. Glee is still trying to recreate the lightening in a bottle magic they had when Chris walked into the auditions that first day. That was the whole reason behind TGP and why they keep failing. You can't force magic to happen and Chris is magic. You can't just deliberately make it happen. I feel sorry for these kids because they tried it last season with Damian, Samuel, Lindsey and Alex (with uneven and limited success). Using Chris as the example of what the show is expecting of TGP winners is just cruel in my book.

Last edited by Ranwing on 8/8/2012, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/8/2012, 1:26 pm

Ranwing wrote:As always, the tumblr gods have kindly delivered and there's a preview of Chris's TGP episode.

http://colfertale.tumblr.com/post/28983976214/chris-colfer-preview-on-the-glee-project-tumblr

Several things immediately struck me.

• First of all, Chris is looking absolutely smoking! I mean, super hot. The kind of hot that makes me wish I were a gay man who I might stand an infintesimal chance of having him. aa54

• Second, the truth is out. Glee is still trying to recreate the lightening in a bottle magic they had when Chris walked into the auditions that first day. That was the whole reason behind TGP and why they keep failing. You can't force magic to happen and Chris is magic. You can't just deliberately make it happen. I feel sorry for these kids because they tried it last season with Damian, Samuel, Lindsey and Alex (with uneven and limited success). Using Chris as the example of what the show is expecting of TGP winners is just cruel in my book.

They may be tring to recreat that magic, but none of these kids are, as Robert described Chris, incredible or talented like Chris. They aren't going to find another person like Chris because there aren't many people out there like Chris. Yes, they all have talent. Yes, they can all sing, dance, and act to different levels. But none of them have the raw talent that Chris have. None of them have his drive or dedication. None of them have his business sense. None of them have the clear vision of what they want in their career like Chris has. None of these kids is going to have the impact that Chris and Kurt has on people because none of these kids have the range and handle on emotion that Chris has.

And we're going to be stuck with one of them for seven episodes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/8/2012, 1:40 pm

I feel bad for these kids because all they want is a chance to break into the business and be a part of the show that they seem to love. But the problem is that it is very, very hard to create a character around an actor. I know that they specifically wrote Rachel with Lea Michelle in mind and we all know how Kurt was born after Ryan met Chris and was completely blown away by him. But these characters are fully realized and both Lea and Chris had to work to fill out the framework that the character description provided. The only thing that Chris really shares with Kurt is the fact that he can sing and his sexuality. Personality wise they are nothing alike and it's a testiment to Chris's talent and instincts as an actor that he took what in lesser hands would have been a random collection of basic gay stereotypes and make Kurt into a fully fleshed out human being.

Damian was given pretty much the same set of tools that Chris had and had not only room to develop Rory, but had a full episode dedicated to rolling out his character. And it was a disaster. Rory never became more than exactly what was written in the scripts and Damian didn't have the ability to make him into anything more. Samuel isn't doing a whole lot better, but I think the show learned from its mistake and kept him squarely as a 3rd tier character with little real focus except as a figure for the better actors to work around. Lindsey and Alex were somewhat more successful, but their screen time was a lot more limited so we didn't have a chance to see what deficiencies might pop up in their performances.

Chris Colfer is a very, very unique case. And the failure of any of TGP performers to garner even a fraction of what he was able to accomplish just proves what a special talent he is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next