Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

+17
ColferGirl
ChrisColferFan1
Sani
Divalicious
Buenos
ladydianab
brisallie
sahhar
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Emile
Delight
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
21 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  dap1217 7/28/2012, 11:18 pm

ladydianab wrote:Oh yeah, I gotta say this. I am so pathetic. Before I went in to work today I stopped in at a store just a couple of doors down and they had; get this; the same cuff bracelet that Chris wears. It was $8.95 so I bought one. I don't have the charm but I would rather have a different one anyway. Nice to wear a leather wrist cuff in 100+ degrees. Oh well, just had to purchase it.

Really?That makes two of us,cause I only have the charm. Smile
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  ladydianab 7/28/2012, 11:38 pm

That's great! together we have the total ensemble. It looks better on him though than me.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/28/2012, 11:59 pm

fantastica wrote:about TO: I heard someone on Tumblr want them the hook up. I say "Chris, he just want to get into your pants and he will tell everybody the juicy details and ruin your privacy. so stay away from this creep!"

I think Chris is smart enough to know to stay far away from this guy.

I'm just imaging he's going to post a video on yt telling "How I got into Chris Colfer pants" o.o gross. Chris need someone that really loves him, not someone who loves the fame he has.

These two pictures are when he received a book made from his Russian fans.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7wgw7R3Ug1roxnqio4_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7wgw7R3Ug1roxnqio3_1280

source
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/29/2012, 3:29 am

At the recent The Land of Stories book signing at The Grove, my friends and I all decided to dress up as a few of the characters. I told them early on, that if we were going to do this, we were doing it right. We were going to be in character when we met him and stay that way, all of them agreed and though we weren’t entirely sure if we could pull it off, we tried our best.

Our Red Riding Hood went up first and did a marvelous job. Telling him that she was going to invite him on HER book tour (for her book Fifty Shades of Red) and a bunch of other amazing things. He ended up telling her “You win” and honestly, I believe she did too.

I was up next and when I first went up to him, I said “I guess if someone had to write the adventure of our lives, I’m glad it was you.” He kind of smiled and looked at me and then it dawned on him and his smile grew as he was like “OH YOU’RE CONNER!”

I nodded and said, “Yeah…I mean, I haven’t really read your book, but Alex likes it and I sorta skimmed my parts.” At this point I had pointed behind me, and Chris noticed Alex, Fairy Godmother and Goldie standing behind me. This was his reaction.

As you can see, he seemed to enjoy it. He started to say “Thank you” but then couldn’t because he was laughing so hard, wiping tears away as he continued to say “Oh my God” or something that was close to that.

Right before I walked away I leaned forward and said “Hey, can you tell Alex I was nice? I don’t think I can take anymore elbows to the kidneys!” And he agreed to put in a good word for me.

His publicist made me stay there while Alex went up, she wanted pictures so I heard most of that encounter too. Alex said “I’m going to ask Mrs Peters if we can do our next project on you.” and he was laughing again. Then he told her that I told him how she liked the book and he thanked her and said he liked our seashells (which I actually spent a while on and was happy he noticed!!). Right before we walked away, Alex elbowed me hard in the ribs and said “COME ON CONNER” and Chris started cracking up all over again.

All in all, it was an amazing time and I still can’t believe it all happened. I’m super proud of my group and I think Chris really enjoyed it. I was at the La Verne signing too and Chris’s publicist noticed me first saying “Weren’t you Conner yesterday??” then she turned to Chris and said “She was Conner yesterday!” It was all very exciting, Chris admitted that “You’re costumes were great, you guys were just great, I loved that.” I still can’t believe it’s real.

This got long, and I apologize, I really just wanted to write it all up and I figured some of you may want to see it too. There has been a video going around but sadly it doesn’t have sound. I think it was a success and I couldn’t be prouder of Chris, or my friends. This is a memory that will remain special to me for a long time to come.
source

So today was the day I met Chris Colfer (SAJHKFDKSGHFDKSDGHLDHGLS) but what topped it off, the guy in front of me in line.

Guys, his name is for real Kurt Hummel. He showed Chris his ID and Chris flipped out “Oh my god, that is insane!!” Then he INSISTS to have a pic with him. LUCKY KURT UGH.

Chris then asked “Are you from Ohio?” Yes, Kurt is. “Are you dating a Blaine?” No, he’s not and Chris laughed, saying good, that’d be TOO weird, and that’d probably be a good lawsuit for him XD …. and yes, my friend and I got pics with Kurt Hummel afterwards Smile please credit me if using this pic!
source

I met Chris Colfer today!

He is honestly the sweetest person, I am beyond in love with him. When they got to our point in the line, they actually held the line for us so the little room wouldn’t be so cramped. My twin brother Shawn is autistic, and can get crowded and overwhelmed in small spaces. He loves Chris and Glee as much as I do. Music is what helps him communicate.

My mom walked up to Chris first and introduced Shawn, she mentioned that he had autism and was a fan. Chris held out his hand and said “Hi Shawn, can I have a high five?” and smiled super big. He high fived him three times, because that’s also Shawn’s was to say hi. Then my mom introduced me, and told him we were actually twins. Chris got all excited like, “Oh, really?!” and I told him how I loved that he wrote about fraternal twins. We don’t get much love. Then he said he never knew why he always grew up liking twins. “Those damn Olsens!”

Another fun fact about my brother: He looooves his soda but I call it pop. Chris had a glass of Diet Coke sitting on the table, and Shawn doesn’t understand that everything really doesn’t belong to him. He started to pick it up to drink it, and my mom and I both instantly went to stop him. Then his manager or assistant was like, “Oh hey, does he want a soda? We have some!” …….. YEAH?!!! He chugged it then tried to hand the can back to Chris. I just took it from him and drank the last drop. So yeah, we drank Chris Colfer’s Diet Coke.

He asked my mom how to spell Shawn’s name, and actually wrote the book out to him. It was so sweet. My mom thanked him, and he said “No problem, I have a sister exactly like him, I understand.” … then the moment I’m eternally grateful for:

I finally got to tell Chris, “Yes, I know! When I heard about your sister I was so touched because I can relate. You’re amazing.” He smiled super big and genuinely again, and I gave him my post card that we found with The Book Loft on the front. Then I threw in: “Oh and I know you like Harry Potter, my birthday is the same day as his!” “Oh, the 31st? Happy Birthday!!!!”

- Take a moment to comprehend that Chris Colfer knows when Harry Potter’s birthday is. Now continue. -

My friend Kaitlyn gave him the “Visit Westerville!” magazine that we found when we got the post card earlier today. Whenever we go through Westerville, we yell, “WARBLERS!!!!” He CRACKED UP laughing, and thanked us. He flipped through it really quickly too. It was perfect. She shook his hand, then I asked him for a handshake, then he went and shook my mom’s hand as well. We all thanked him, told him he was wonderful and amazing, then proceeded to walk out into the tiny maze of a bookstore. I was shaking so badly. My chest hurt. I’m amazed I didn’t pass out. We went across the street to Starbucks and freaked out with our new friends. They all took pictures with the Coke can that went down in infamy.

Today really HAPPENED. We got some adorable videos too.

Then on the way home, one of my friends tweeted me a link to a post about my brother getting the Diet Coke. I was kind of upset because “WHAT, THAT’S ME, THAT’S MY BROTHER, THAT’S MY MOMENT!” I had no idea how that even got out because I only told the people I had just met. So that led me to share my whole story. I’m beyond blessed for the time we had. I also watermarked everything because you never know with the Internet these days…

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and messages. It means the world!!!
source

Oh and something else! At the signing there was a deaf girl, and Chris communicated with her in sign which was VERY sweet of him.

source
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/29/2012, 4:55 am

brisallie wrote:
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7wddqFzuk1qj1o1go1_500

Chris with red and white...excuse me for awhile when I cool down.

That signing "nook" looks really small, hopefully he didn't feel claustophobic in there. With even that sizable box of stuff he is given rising right next to him. I do not know how long stuff has been gathered to that box when this particular picture was taken but it's already full! If he is going through all of the stuff it's taking days and weeks.

I can definately understand why no photography policy was taken (not that it thankfully stopped some) you can't just have people standing taking photos in that small space and at the same time roll hundreds of others through.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/29/2012, 9:02 am

I just love this. Obviously not a Blaine fan. The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 3429310274

A conversation I had yesterday after the book signing with a little boy

• Little Boy: *holding his book up high* I GOT IT SIGN! I GOT IT SIGN! *sees me crying and walks up to me* you didn't get yours sign?
  • Me: *smiles* No I did. I'm just crying because I met my superhero right now. What did Chris say to you?!
  • Little Boy: He called be sweetie!! THEN HE SIGNED MY BOOK! One day I'm gonna sing and act and dance like him too! Then he's gonna break up with Blaine so he could marry me!!!!
  • Me: Aww really?!!
  • Little Boy: Yup I love him so much!
  • Mom: Oh Huns we gotta go now! We already met your husband!
  • Little Boy: Kay mommy bye my husbands sidekick!
  • Me: Bye bye! *turns to the mom* You're a great mom.
  • Mom: Aww thank you but I'm just being the way a mom should.
  • Then they left and I cried more.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2012, 9:09 am

Me, reading all those lovely fan stories of meeting Chris: crycry wub wub wub

It's so great Chris gets to see and speak to all these people who love him. I hope he will remember it and keep those memories under his belt whenever he stumbles upon something negative.
The people that love him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the nay-sayers.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 1:15 pm

that real life Kurt Hummel from Ohio is hilarious! And the fact that he's also a fan!!! wub

here's a Newsday article about Chris:
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xigwOVL21r9le6wo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 1:26 pm

Cincinnati.com: ‘Glee’ star Colfer here today

“Glee” fans from Georgia to Oregon, and Canada to China, are heading to Norwood today to see star Chris Colfer.

The Golden Globe winner, who plays Kurt Hummel, signs copies of his new children’s book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell” at 3:30 p.m. at Joseph-Beth Booksellers.

“We have gotten so many calls from out-of-town people saying that they are traveling to Cincinnati for this event, and are inquiring about hotels,” says Annette Meurer, marketing manager. One woman is coming from China, she says.

More than 400 line tickets have been issued to those who bought his book ($14.99) since his appearance was announced last month.

“It’s crazy! We are shipping books to Italy, Brazil and France,” she says.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120729/ENT11/307290018/-Glee-star-Colfer-here-today
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 1:29 pm

Dayton Ohio sigining this morning:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 #

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xiusZ37M1ql02sno4_1280

so yesterday is white and red; today is white and gray. can he wear a bumble bee outfit one day? Smile

one more stop tonight and the book tour will be official over! :( but if hte book tour is any longer he will certain get tendonitis from all this signing. I mean how many books he's signed? Assume at each stop he signs 300-500 books (so on average let's say 400 books, but my gut feeling is that it's actually a lot more), times the number of stops he made - did anybody keep track of how many now? I know it's been more than a dozen. say he's signed thousands of books in less than 2 weeks. If you don't get repetative stress from this I don't know what you will get. no wonder his autograph is so simplified now. in a few years they will be further reduced to a dot.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 1:57 pm

hairography and glassability (in glee terms):

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xkonfMmO1qh5dyro1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 2:01 pm

Sequence of Chris walking into the Grove signing:

http://wiseshots.tumblr.com/post/28270866528/chris-colfer-walking-into-the-signing-the-grove

if you click fast enough it's almost like watching him walking... reminding me of that SBL walking sequence (as well as his "take the dirty shirt off and show off the belly button" sequence)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/29/2012, 2:53 pm

I'm also kinda sad it's his last day. I'm so used to him being on this tour and seeing fans experiences and interviews with him everyday. I'm kinda sad that over now and he has to go back to Gleeland again.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 6:05 pm

The crowd at Cincinnati for Chris Colfer’s book signing

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xw2fCsf81qhyhrso1_1280

wow, if I didn't know Chris and just wanted to relax in the bookstore I would be so pissed that it's packed w/ sweaty people!

This afternoon's signing (last stop):
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xu3r88ru1qhyhrso1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 6:09 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xo5lPkaB1qe476yo1_500

to be honest I am sick and tired of posting all these interviews! :angry: my hands are tired just from typing and clicking! now if these interviewers are smart enough they should ask him questions nobody has ever asked before, like "what's did you dream last night" or "why you have to wear that chrundershirt all the time" or "what kind of men are you interested in". tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2012, 6:41 pm

sahhar wrote:I'm also kinda sad it's his last day. I'm so used to him being on this tour and seeing fans experiences and interviews with him everyday. I'm kinda sad that over now and he has to go back to Gleeland again.
Last year we got the Glee live tour with Single Ladies and IWHYH.
This year we got the book tour with every day a new-but-still-the-same outfit for Chris, with special regular guest star chrundershirt.
What will we get next summer to amuse ourselves with daily? Smile

fantastica wrote:to be honest I am sick and tired of posting all these interviews! :angry: my hands are tired just from typing and clicking!
Poor baby. bisou
Imagine how Chris must feel, after signing hunderds and hundreds books every day?

now if these interviewers are smart enough they should ask him questions nobody has ever asked before, like "what's did you dream last night" or "why you have to wear that chrundershirt all the time" or "what kind of men are you interested in". tonguue
- going to a Lady Gaga concert with Meryl Streep, the Queen of England and J.K. Rowling.
- because it drives my fans nuts, especially an old grumpy cat-lady named Kim.
- men who are as soft to touch as Brian (the cat, not the guy), and as eager to jump in my lap as he is (lucky bastard cat), but don't have his attitude.
tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 7:03 pm

^ oh, i never realized that you have the ability to answer these questions for Chris. next time I have something that puzzles me about Chris you can count on me to count on you for hte answers. Smile

i think many of us are jealous of Brian because we wish Brian is in bed with us! and Brian's attitute is one of his best features. I mean this cat has more personality than you-know-who on TV!

what we will get next summer? hopefully the screenings about the new insane movie? plus TLOS sequal is coming out? plus he is hanging out w/ a new guy (nah... he has no time)...

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/29/2012, 8:28 pm

fantastica wrote:^ oh, i never realized that you have the ability to answer these questions for Chris. next time I have something that puzzles me about Chris you can count on me to count on you for hte answers. Smile

i think many of us are jealous of Brian because we wish Brian is in bed with us! and Brian's attitute is one of his best features. I mean this cat has more personality than you-know-who on TV!

what we will get next summer? hopefully the screenings about the new insane movie? plus TLOS sequal is coming out? plus he is hanging out w/ a new guy (nah... he has no time)...

Jealous of Brian or of Chris? Razz

And next summer sounds scarily overwhelming...Chris said high pitched people tend to get sick more-I think it's more like workaholics who don't sleep nearly enough. Hope he gets a good rest after this exciting time, but I doubt he will.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 9:17 pm

high pitched voice has nothing to do w/ sickness, Chris. Having a high pitched voice isn't such a bad thing, especially when you can sing so beautifully.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 9:43 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7y3w761XI1qe476yo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 9:45 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7y178ztaT1qzehg0o1_500

not a fan of this particular hair but that's just me. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 9:47 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7y0qzZjjB1qhyhrso1_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7y0qzZjjB1qhyhrso2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2012, 9:48 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 Tumblr_m7xziq2Yhz1qhyhrso1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/29/2012, 10:15 pm

fantastica wrote:hairography and glassability (in glee terms):

Harry Potter. That cames to my mind when I saw this lol

fantastica wrote:The crowd at Cincinnati for Chris Colfer’s book signing

WOW there's lot of people that wanted to see him.

I'm also kinda sad it's his last day. I'm so used to him being on this tour and seeing fans experiences and interviews with him everyday. I'm kinda sad that over now and he has to go back to Gleeland again.

I was so excited by the latest photos that I forgot today was the last day of his signing tour :( Honestly I gonna miss this, the pictures, the stories, his shirts... everything. It was good while it lasted.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/30/2012, 1:02 am

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:hairography and glassability (in glee terms):

Harry Potter. That cames to my mind when I saw this lol

fantastica wrote:The crowd at Cincinnati for Chris Colfer’s book signing

WOW there's lot of people that wanted to see him.

I was so excited by the latest photos that I forgot today was the last day of his signing tour The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 1371890812 Honestly I gonna miss this, the pictures, the stories, his shirts... everything. It was good while it lasted.

Same. The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 1371890812

But we will have next year when TLOS 2 comes out, and he might be able to do an international tour as well.

Hopefully there aren't any plans for a Glee Live Tour. I would prefer a book tour to that. The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 11 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next