Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam

+7
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
fantastica
brisallie
Shinra17
ColferInspired
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam - Page 3 Empty Re: Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 3:57 pm

and does this mean that the screening for distributors was unsuccessful or it is actually two things unrelated (though the purpose of the festival is to get distribution for the film, no?) pffff... it's really confusing.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam - Page 3 Empty Re: Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 4:01 pm

They r seperate. The festival was submitted awhile ago. Maybe last weeks screening is an attempt to get distribution in case it didn't make it to the festival
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 4:03 pm

For most filmmakers a film festival showing is the closest they will ever come to having an audience for their films. For most serious independent filmmakers it is where they hope to find a buyer for their film.

so why would this be thrilling news? if they did not get a distributor thru their showing, I think that would be BAD news

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 4:06 pm

fantastica wrote:I'm going to get ticket. Anyone else wanna join?

Wait... they don't have individual ticket. For sale??

I'll consider it depending on when it is.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 4:08 pm

Later half of April. Not a good time because of pollen season. But I'm willing to die for Chris. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 4:10 pm

fantastica wrote:Later half of April. Not a dolt time because of pollen season. Bit I'm willing to die for Chris. :(

If it's on the 20, 21, or 22, it could be very very doable for me. I'm coming home from France on the 19th, and I could just head down for those dates since I have the time off anyways. I could also do the following weekend, but not midweek since I'll be catching up from being out eight days of work.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 4:52 pm

Grrrr... u go to France to date shinra. I thougght u love cc more!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 4:57 pm

Carousel wrote:
For most filmmakers a film festival showing is the closest they will ever come to having an audience for their films. For most serious independent filmmakers it is where they hope to find a buyer for their film.

so why would this be thrilling news? if they did not get a distributor thru their showing, I think that would be BAD news
well if they r excited that's good news they r the industry insiders. U know nothing! Stop dragging everybody down. U make want to jump out of the window. crycry
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 5:06 pm

fantastica wrote:Grrrr... u go to France to date shinra. I thougght u love cc more!
I love CC more, I'll be in LA during this time Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 5:15 pm

On a cheerful note, there r over 6000 films submitted for this festival. Its a stunning achievement consider its the first movie from a 20 yr old.

It will also b rreviewed by real film critics, not fans.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 5:29 pm

^ nice!

I guess that's why he was congratulating everybody, well nearly everybody.

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam - Page 3 Snapi00041-325d1eb
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 5:30 pm

Not everyone has twitter.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminky 3/8/2012, 5:38 pm

Brian Dannelly is such a sweetheart!
Sminky
Sminky
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 6:04 pm

I fear all the tickets will be sold out by rabid fans by April 10 my living in Ny wont do any good for me. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 6:05 pm

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam - Page 3 Tumblr_m0l3hv0pBS1r84z8eo1_500

fantastica wrote:I fear all the tickets will be sold out by rabid fans by April 10 my living in Ny wont do any good for me. :(
Why these rabid fans don't have the same problem as you? humhum
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 6:20 pm

^ I am vacinated against rabies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/8/2012, 6:29 pm

tanita_mors wrote:

Yeah, he looks like he is in his mid twenties on this pic compered to all other where he looks barely legal. I LIKE A LOT. wub wub wub

I think he finally looks his real age, not older nor younger but still cutie and handsome wub

Carousel wrote:I thought we were going to find out who bought it and is distributing it. dryy

I was expecting the same ¬¬ but anyway Good luck with the tickets to those people who live in USA :D
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 3/8/2012, 6:41 pm

I'm thrilled for Chris and all associated with the film that they got accepted to Tribeca. I can't wait to read the reviews.

Having said that, I am exponentially more eager to find out when it will be released and when I can hope to see it.
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 6:49 pm

I read that some films going into the festival have already gotten distribution deals, so dist and festival are seperate things. Getting more screening and real critical reviews will up its chance of a good distributor. Hope it's a biggie.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 6:53 pm

Porcelain Fans seemed as confused as Shinra and I. Tribeca does not correlate to worldwide distribution, and since Brian kept referring to where it might be shown, they are wondering if he knows more.

Not to diminish the achievement of being chosen out of 6,000 entries!! Written at 16/17, filmed at 21, a star studded cast. Can't wait to see Chris Colfer,...(movie, play, book - anything but Glee)

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 7:05 pm

again film festival just offer an opportunity to showcase indie films and generate buzz. among hte film critics will also be distributors looking for the next hit movie to buy. getting it show in film festival is a good sign, although you don't need it to get it distributed. It definitely increases your chances. film festival itself does not distribute movies. It just show them in related theaters.

p.s. film guide is suppose to come out on Monday, so we will have a better idea when SBL will be shown.

Tribeca Announcement & Brian Dannelly tweet spam - Page 3 Tumblr_m0kcyltGXV1r2tx2go1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 8:58 pm

fantastica wrote:
p.s. film guide is suppose to come out on Monday, so we will have a better idea when SBL will be shown.

Hopefully it will get multiple screenings. I'm sure it's going to be tough to get tickets, but I'm serious about possibly going if I can get tickets. It's expensive for me to be a Chris fan. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 8:59 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
fantastica wrote:Grrrr... u go to France to date shinra. I thougght u love cc more!
I love CC more, I'll be in LA during this time Smile

It's too bad you are going to be in LA, because I'm bring CC to Paris with me.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 9:03 pm

will he be expected to be in NY for Tribeca?? Would Glee give him time off?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 9:07 pm

Carousel wrote:will he be expected to be in NY for Tribeca?? Would Glee give him time off?

My guess is they'll have a screen with Q&A on a weekend that he would be at. They'll want to pimp him out around there. My guess is he probalby already has his people working out arrangements so that he can get to NY for it, even if it's just for a night or two. He was in NY for less than 24 hours for the New Yorker Festival. He's not going to miss the chance to promote his film at the Festival.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next