Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Tweets about Chris's second movie

+16
bayth
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Adamina
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
sheny
MoviesAreLife
Delight
fantastica
ColferGirl
brisallie
sahhar
dap1217
Emile
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

News and Tweets about Chris's second movie - Page 3 Empty Re: News and Tweets about Chris's second movie

Post  Buenos 11/25/2013, 4:27 pm

I agree Lottie that not all studio suggestions are necessarily bad.

With Chris, I think the second LOS was better than the first, so I'm looking forward to the 3rd and 4trh ones. I'm the type of fan that doesn't think everything my faves do is flawless.

With everything he does, I still think as of now what Chris does best is ACT. (Doesn't mean I don't enjoy his singing or writing, especially his singing at its best ) I think his acting is exceptional and even now how he handles line readings even in poor Glee scripts is amazing.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

News and Tweets about Chris's second movie - Page 3 Empty Re: News and Tweets about Chris's second movie

Post  Lottie2303 11/25/2013, 4:38 pm

Yup, Chris most certainly improved from the first to the second book. I expect it will most likely also happen with the third book, but I also hope he will consciously improve his writing skills and is aware he still has some flaws. Even though I have to say, I just hope not another scavenger hunt will ever happen in the next two book. I would really side-eye Chris badly and ask him to come up with something else fanny2 

Agreed about the acting. I really cannot wait to get some details for acting project unrelated to Glee.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/26/2013, 5:09 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Actually, I was more thinking along the lines of "The Land of Stories" which in my opinion had some flaws in execution. I personally thought SBL was a really great coming-of-age story that for once represented unappreciated and ignored kids in HW, dealing with problems we usually do not see in movies and sending a very sincere but also devastating message to the audience. Overall, especially with Chris age and experience, I thought it was an amazing first movie project that really succeeded and differentiate itself from all those other generic coming-of-age movies that are yearly produced. It had some flaws - but I really could't care less about those.

So, I am happy Chris stuck to his guns and I totally support him for not changing the script just to please some executives. I just wanted to add the point that not all suggestions by studios have to be automatically bad. How much of an ego Chris has, we never know. I am certain he is really protective of his projects and rather puts them off for a while then to change its core.

Overall, I am a bit sad and it is not happening soon, as I really looked forward to this project. But as I said in my first post, Chris mentioned once his characters doesn't have that many limitaions. He could probably still play this character in five years and no one would know better neutre
I would say stubborn is one of Chris's traits. Not ego. neutre

It would be hard when you write this screenplay where studio's are interested but they don't want to stick to what you want in it.

It is obviously a really good screenplay by the interest in it from studios, but the way he mentioned it in that interview at the SBL Premiere France it might have been the role that is usually played by a female but he wanted a male to play the role.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/26/2013, 6:44 am

I would say stubborn is one of Chris's traits. Not ego.

As much as I love Chris, and god knows I do, to be an author, and even an actor, you have to have quite an ego. I don't mean that Chris is egomaniac, or that he thinks he is better than the rest of the world, but he does have ego.

"Atonement" (later turned into a movie) is a fantastic book that perfectly describes the "God complex" that authors/writers have, and I do think that ego is one of Chris traits, just that he is clever and nice enough not to show it.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/26/2013, 7:46 am

coxfire wrote:

As much as I love Chris, and god knows I do, to be an author, and even an actor, you have to have quite an ego. I don't mean that Chris is egomaniac, or that he thinks he is better than the rest of the world, but he does have ego.

"Atonement" (later turned into a movie) is a fantastic book that perfectly describes the "God complex" that authors/writers have, and I do think that ego is one of Chris traits, just that he is clever and nice enough not to show it.
I actually agree with you and Lottie. neutre

It's just I also thought having an ego is a bad thing, but then in some ways it isn't as you have described.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/26/2013, 9:28 am

ColferInspired wrote:
coxfire wrote:

It's just I also thought having an ego is a bad thing, but then in some ways it isn't as you have described.
I don't see anything bad in realizing your self-importance, having a self-esteem and pride in yourself as long as you don't go too far and turn into an egomaniac who hurts other people's feelings.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/26/2013, 9:48 am

sheny wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
coxfire wrote:

I don't see anything bad in realizing your self-importance, having a self-esteem and pride in yourself as long as you don't go too far and turn into an egomaniac who hurts other people's feelings.
Neither do I now. Smile

If it gives us things like TLOS book series and SBL I think it is a really good thing.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/26/2013, 10:53 am

coxfire wrote:

I agree with coxfire.

I also need to add, Chris has every right and reason to have a very good/healthy self-esteem and ego, and he can most certainly be proud of his achievements. He didn't win a Golden Globe for nothing.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/26/2013, 12:47 pm

Show me a person who doesn't have an ego and I'll show you someone who won't succeed in most field. You have to believe in your abilities.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/26/2013, 1:28 pm

^ i think you are talking about AMBITION, which is what motivates people to succeed. chris is definitely very ambitious. ego is a somewhat different thing. one can be very confident and self-assured about his/her abilities, but he/she doesn't need to have a big ego and think he/she is better than everybody else.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3