Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself to your fellow posters!

+74
Sebastian Smythe
Buenos
Sunshine 2012
awesomenessthatischriscol
ChrisColfersLightning
gtann
YaoiChick
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
jaime20
ColdFlame96
FrasierFan
Kurt addict
murasaki1
TheGreatestStar
carsonflew
rooszie
Monkeybiscuits
MoviesAreLife
MissSoniaPP
Piciollina
Kurt Hummel
Keyser
Ranwing
FunnyLady
LeòdhasachColfer
Abril
ladydianab
opals
glitter_turtle
IMakeBoys
msjoanlucette
sheny
Georgette888
Shanna Yarbrough
ChrisColferFan1
Heyerchick
Esme
BlueJazz
happydays
E-ko
Porcelainbyfire
apositivefly
valkeakuulas
Dame Loli
angelnessa
paulopf
CCfan93
Emile
Divalicious
fireangel
Catt24
gleekout93
Sani
sjonnepon
Sminky
ry_kurtsie
kac
emilynna
Vir Cotto
arina
Coolbeans3131
dap1217
Delight
mellama
Shinra17
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
brisallie
fantastica
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
78 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself to your fellow posters! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to your fellow posters!

Post  ColferGirl 2/23/2012, 7:48 pm

Delight wrote:
3. Location: Australia
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: Teenage Dream (I know, I know, call me shallow but the a cappella music arrangement really sounded good in this)
11. Other favorite TV shows: Firefly, Sherlock, Doctor Who episodes that are written by Steven Moffat

First - That's awesome that you're from Australia!! I've always wanted to visit!

Second - No shame for liking Teenage Dream. I love that one too. neutre

Third - Hooray for another Doctor Who fan! I can't believe I forgot to put that on my list. blinkk

Ivana wrote:When we are talking about anime, here are some of my favorites : Code Geass, Death Note, Hellsing (both the series and the OVA), Blood +, Vampire Hunter D, Macross or Code Name : Robotech, Yu Gi Oh (the first one, not the 5D or whatever that was called), Digimons (what can I say, I was 15), Trinity Blood, Elfen Lied, ...

I loooove Digimon!!! Digimon was the best. Smile I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid, still own the theatrical movie even. I also liked Pokemon, but the Pokemon games are better than the show, while the Digimon show was much better than its games. IMO.

I really love Death Note too. That's a fantastic anime, although I prefer the original manga version personally. hapitgh And of course I like Code Geass. Your taste in anime is a lot closer to my Dad's, actually. He loves Hellsing, Blood+, Trinity Blood, and Elfen Lied. neutre

dap1217 wrote:1. User Name:dap1217
2. Real Name:Melody
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt:Dady Berries
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: Even shy and awkward can't describe my weirdness.Definitely a freak,tho.

I love your name! I've always loved the name Melody. neutre

Second, your taste in favorite characters is flawless.

Third, I'm sure you're not a freak. But if you are, then you're an awesome one, and we can all be oddballs together. Smile

Coolbeans3131 wrote:1. User Name: Coolbeans3131
3. Location: New York State - not the city. Believe it or not , I'm 41 and have never been to New York City!
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: Rachel (I see I pattern here of Rachel lovers)
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: I Feel Pretty / Unpretty
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: Going to school to become a Dental Hygienist

Wow to having never gone to NYC despite being a New Yorker! I'd love to go, really bad. Is it maybe a "if you live there, it's not so exciting" thing, is that why you've never gone?

And most of us do seem to really love Rachel here. :D I'm also a big fan of I Feel Pretty / Unpretty.

And that's awesome about becoming a dentist! Is it hard to learn/study for?
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to your fellow posters! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to your fellow posters!

Post  Coolbeans3131 2/23/2012, 8:01 pm

Wow to having never gone to NYC despite being a New Yorker! I'd love to go, really bad. Is it maybe a "if you live there, it's not so exciting" thing, is that why you've never gone?

And most of us do seem to really love Rachel here. :D I'm also a big fan of I Feel Pretty / Unpretty.

And that's awesome about becoming a dentist! Is it hard to learn/study for?

I've never gone to NYC because it's about 9 hours away. I can drive to Toronto in 2 hours.

Dental Hygiene is an associates degree in my school but a bachelors at most others. It is hands down the hardest thing I've ever done. The hardest part of this semester is recruiting our own patients. We are so slow and just learning, it takes 2-4 three hour appointments to clean peoples teeth! Not many people willing to subject themselves to that! We spent the whole last semester practicing on each other. I spent so many hours in that stupid dentist chair!
Coolbeans3131
Coolbeans3131
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/24/2012, 3:03 pm

1. User Name: arina
2. Real Name: Lenka
3. Location: The Czech Republic
4. Favorite Chris Colfer Moment: The Golden Globe winning as well.
5. Favorite Chris Colfer Tweet or Quote: really hard to decide, probably that quote about people responing honesty, most of his tweets make me laugh really hard, I am going probably with "@frankenteen Why are you so tall? Did you grow up near a Nuclear plant?" because I love Chris and Cory together (as a friends)
6. Favorite Kurt Hummel Moment: audioning for the role of kicker, Rose's turn and talk afterwards, the final hospital scene in Grilled Cheesus
7. Favorite Kurt Hummel Musical Performance: I wanna hold your hand, Rose's turn, A House is not a Home
8. Favorite Kurt duet: Happy Days, Baby it's cold outside, 4 Minutes
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: Finn, Rachel, Burt, Emma, Rachel's fathers... but I basically love almost everyone, especially the original cast
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: for example Alone, Rumour has it/Someone like you, River deep mountain high....a special place has Run Joey Run :-)
11. Other favorite TV shows: 1 - 3 seasons of HIMYM, Gilmore girls, House MD, Castle, Modern family, Monk... I've started watching Big Bang theory two weeks ago and I really like it (Jim Parsons is the best :-D)...
12. Other favorite actors: Meryl Streep, Johny Depp, Toni Collette, Colin Firth, Tom Hanks, Alan Rickman, Sandra Bullock...
13. Favorite movie: those are many, for example The Princess Bride, Shawshank Redemption, You've got mail, Tangled, Love Actually...
14. Favorite recording artists: I actually don't have any, I usually love songs and I don't even know who sings them...
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: It's definitely not something I am proud of but I have terrible terrible music talent, actually I don't have any, I have terrible ears and don't feel any rhythm at all... but the problem with me is that I love singing (well trying to sing :-) and I am screeching all the time which makes everyone crazy, but I cannot help myself :-D .. well and I have four cats :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/24/2012, 9:25 pm

It's great getting to know everybody like this Smile

@arina, Jim Parsons is my favorite thing about that show.

@Joann, that's really cool. I'd let you clean my teeth if I weren't so far away

@Delight, I can't believe I forgot to put Doctor Who and Sherlock there. I think I missed out British shows...And Downton Abbey which I just started-I've been meaning to watch it for a couple of months, but Chris' tweet made me go find it faster. :D
@brisallie, I love Daniel Radcliffe

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 2/25/2012, 4:41 am

1. User Name: Vir Cotto
2. Real Name: Sharon Jacobs
3. Location: Houston
4. Favorite Chris Colfer Moment: Golden Globe win
5. Favorite Chris Colfer Tweet or Quote: "Screw that, kids"
6. Favorite Kurt Hummel Moment: Coming out to his dad
7. Favorite Kurt Hummel Musical Performance: AIWNSG
8. Favorite Kurt duet: Happy Days/Get Happy
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: There are other characters besides Kurt?
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: DROMP
11. Other favorite TV shows: Revenge
12. Other favorite actors: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Gabriel Mann, Michael Fassbender
13. Favorite movie: My Neighbor Totoro
14. Favorite recording artists: U2
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: I have a crush on Young Justice's Aqualad.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/25/2012, 4:48 am

ColferGirl wrote:

First - That's awesome that you're from Australia!! I've always wanted to visit!

Second - No shame for liking Teenage Dream. I love that one too. neutre

Third - Hooray for another Doctor Who fan! I can't believe I forgot to put that on my list. blinkk

Let's see what I can say about Australia right now... Weather is hot. Petrol is expensive. Mango season is over. And it will be interesting to watch and see if Kevin Rudd might replace Julia Gillard as Prime Minister next week.

Thanks for the support about Teenage Dream neutre Yes, Blaine was good when he sang with the Warblers. Better than Sebastian, in my opinion. It's just a pity that Glee ended up making Blaine a human jukebox instead of a character that is worth shaping.

Hello there, fellow Doctor Who fan (you too, Ireth Wink ) For anyone who doesn't watch Doctor Who here and wishes to get into it, start by watching 'Blink', an episode in the 3rd season which was written by Steven Moffat. It has the right balance of scary, funny and clever. The episodes written by Steven Moffat in Sherlock (A Study in Pink, A Scandal in Belgravia) are brilliant too.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2012, 6:35 am

Finally a person who liked A Scandal in Belgravia. On TWOP I was appalled how much people hated that episode (it was sexist, pointless, The Woman didn't win, they went for the cheap trill, ...) Truthfully, it's my favorite Sherlock episode and I loved the strange chemistry between Sherlock and Adler. I hope she will come back in season 3. And A Study in Pink is my favorite season 1 episode (one of the best introductions/pilots I have ever seen). Cumberbatch is phenomenal as Sherlock. I like Freeman and he is excellent too, but it was Cumberbatch that got me hooked on the show.

Unfortunately, I don't watch Doctor Who. Maybe some day, when I have the time and desire to download it all down.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to your fellow posters! - Page 2 Empty Totally Off Topic Here

Post  Delight 2/25/2012, 8:05 am

I thought that 'A Scandal in Belgravia' is an excellent Sherlock episode, with a brilliant script and amazing performances by all the actors (but, of course, no one can beat Cumberbatch when it comes to screen presence). I suppose there were a few feminists who got offended that Adler was portrayed as a dominatrix and was even naked in one scene, but I don't think portraying her that way made her weaker or inferior. If anything, it created a very interesting dynamic between her and Sherlock, and I liked that she was the only person whom Sherlock couldn't 'read' within the first few seconds of their first meeting. The only other Sherlock episode which I think is better than this one is 'A Study in Pink.'

And, no, I wouldn't recommend downloading all the Doctor Who episodes if low-budget British sci-fi shows aren't your thing (Like Glee, not all the episodes are written well or worth watching, in my opinion). I was more selective in choosing which ones to watch. So far, the ones I'm truly impressed with are the earlier ones written by Moffat (before he took over the helm of executive producer and lead writer in seasons 5 and 6)-- Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Empty Child&The Doctor Dances.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2012, 8:20 am

I love SF (Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek - Enterprise, Deep Space 9 and The Next Generation, Firefly, and at least dozen others), but non of the British stuff I've seen has really caught my fancy (I'm not sure if Farscape is British - it looks interesting and I'm planing to download it in the future). I love British comedies and dark humor ( Monty Python Flaying Circus, The Benny Hill Show and Some Mothers Do Have 'Em are my favorite ones - I'm probably one of the few people on this planet who absolutely, with a passion of a thousand burning suns, HATES Only Fools and Horses), their period dramas (like Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice,...) and their modernized crime shows (like Sherlock, Whitechapel,...).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to your fellow posters! - Page 2 Empty hi

Post  emilynna 2/25/2012, 10:42 am

Razz finally a forum for chris colfer fans only tonguue

1. User Name: emilynna
2. Real Name: Nur Amalina
3. Location: Malaysia
4. Favorite Chris Colfer Moment: cannot choose ones...
5. Favorite Chris Colfer Tweet or Quote: we spread that shit like nuttella (it just brilliance uhuhu )
6. Favorite Kurt Hummel Moment: when blaine is not around >.< sorry i cant stand him
7. Favorite Kurt Hummel Musical Performance: i'm the greatest star
8. Favorite Kurt duet: Happy days are here again
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: Burt
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: none
11. Other favorite TV shows: supernatural, the voice
12. Other favorite actors: none
13. Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
14. Favorite recording artists: Chris Colfer wub
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: maybe next time >.<
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/25/2012, 2:50 pm

Delight wrote:

Let's see what I can say about Australia right now... Weather is hot. Petrol is expensive. Mango season is over. And it will be interesting to watch and see if Kevin Rudd might replace Julia Gillard as Prime Minister next week.

Thanks for the support about Teenage Dream neutre Yes, Blaine was good when he sang with the Warblers. Better than Sebastian, in my opinion. It's just a pity that Glee ended up making Blaine a human jukebox instead of a character that is worth shaping.

Hello there, fellow Doctor Who fan (you too, Ireth Wink ) For anyone who doesn't watch Doctor Who here and wishes to get into it, start by watching 'Blink', an episode in the 3rd season which was written by Steven Moffat. It has the right balance of scary, funny and clever. The episodes written by Steven Moffat in Sherlock (A Study in Pink, A Scandal in Belgravia) are brilliant too.

Yay!!! Smile Thanks for telling me more about Australia!! Mmmmm mangos. wub Also, it's really cold where I live, so I wish it was warmer like where you are.

Completely agreed about Blaine. I loved when he was the frontman of the Warblers in season 2, I bought most of his songs then, Somewhere Only We Know and Teenage Dream were some of the few Glee songs that I've listened to almost as much as Kurt's solos. Almost. I just miss season 2!Blaine in general, I liked him. :(

Is "Blink" the Doctor Who episode where the Weeping Angels are introduced? If so, then that really was a fantastic episode. Weeping Angels terrify me. I'm not even lying. I genuinely get freaked out when they're on screen or when I think about them for too long. Shocked

Vir Cotto wrote:

Awwwww your favorite movie is My Neighbor Totoro? wub wub wub I love Hayao Miyazaki's films!! Just saw his new one, The Secret World of Arietty, last weekend in theaters. My favorites of his are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/25/2012, 3:47 pm

emilynna wrote:
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: maybe next time >.<
I know: you like to delay things Smile

ColferGirl wrote:
Vir Cotto wrote:

Awwwww your favorite movie is My Neighbor Totoro? wub wub wub I love Hayao Miyazaki's films!! Just saw his new one, The Secret World of Arietty, last weekend in theaters. My favorites of his are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
I like Miyazaki's films too, they always have magical moments in them but I won't say I love them or at least, all of them. My favorite is Laputa, the castle in the sky by the way. For those who like Miyazaki's work and never hear of Makoto Shinkai (he's another Japanese animation movie director), I would recommand you "5 centimeters by second", it's until now my favorite anime movie (well the the Grave of Fireflies, oc). His work is less "childish/fairytale-ish" styled than Miyazaki, on the graphic and thema level.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 4:09 pm

Huge Miyazaki fan here! should we open a thread in the community board about anime and other movies/shows members here love and want to talk about? I don't want to crowd out this thread.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/25/2012, 4:24 pm

fantastica wrote:Huge Miyazaki fan here! should we open a thread in the community board about anime and other movies/shows members here love and want to talk about? I don't want to crowd out this thread.
Go ahead! Eveyone can create a new thread in the community board on the subject they want (just no Chris related though).
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 2/25/2012, 11:16 pm

I never properly introduced myself in other forums before, here goes...

1. User Name:kac
2. Real Name:Kim
3. Location: Ottawa, Canada
4. Favorite Chris Colfer Moment: His Golden Globe win.
5. Favorite Chris Colfer Tweet or Quote: There are way too many to pick, but a recent one from this year I like is...
You guys and your trending topics are hysterical! If I'm perfect then this world is in trouble! #ButChrisAppreciatesIt

6. Favorite Kurt Hummel Moment: The scene starting with him performing Rose's Turn and ending with him and his dad and their discussion.
7. Favorite Kurt Hummel Musical Performance: I Want to Hold Your Hand
8. Favorite Kurt duet: Happy Days.
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: Rachel.
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: Not sure...
11. Other favorite TV shows: Currently on TV: Fringe, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, The Amazing Race, Raising Hope, ones that are no longer on: Arrested Development, Chuck (the first three seasons), Flight of the Conchords, Lost and Northern Exposure.
12. Other favorite actors: Not sure, I like a lot of old movies, so those tend to be my favourites.
13. Favorite movie: Tie between Dr. Strangelove, Singing in the Rain and North by Northwest.
14. Favorite recording artists: Currentish: Adele, Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes, Arcade Fire, The New Pornographers and The White Stripes. Artists from days, uh, awhile ago...The Clash, The Beatles, XTC, Nick Drake, Ella Fitzgerald and Ottis Redding.
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: I am a fiend for comics, graphic novels, animated movies and television shows, and am currently attempting to work on my own graphic novel (I procrastinate...a lot).

kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/25/2012, 11:38 pm

kac wrote:(I procrastinate...a lot).
When you're into a creative process (like drawing a novel), it's good to give time to your mind and your imagination to wander in other realities Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 12:22 am

I also procrastinate a lot. Embarassed The only time I don't procrastinate at all is writing my spam posts here. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/26/2012, 1:12 am

Shinra17 wrote:

For those who like Miyazaki's work and never hear of Makoto Shinkai (he's another Japanese animation movie director), I would recommand you "5 centimeters by second", it's until now my favorite anime movie (well the the Grave of Fireflies, oc). His work is less "childish/fairytale-ish" styled than Miyazaki, on the graphic and thema level.

"S centimeters by second" was shown on TV once and I liked Smile because it was such a pretty story between two people and also I like the metaphor of the trains and
Spoiler:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 2:18 am

^ I am going to respond to this in the proper thread in the community section. we can talk more about that later.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 2/26/2012, 3:34 am

Yay, Miyazaki fans!! ptdr Speaking of anime, any Cardcaptor Sakura fans? I have this fantasy of Chris playing Yuki/Yue. It would be epic!
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/26/2012, 4:19 am

Ireth wrote:It's great getting to know everybody like this Smile

Yeah, he is absolutely amazing there, although when people say about chris playing himself I am curious what they say about Jim, I was curious how Jim acts in real live, so I watched interview on youtube and it was almost like seeing Sheldon there - the same mannerism, voice, demeanour - well, of course he were much politer, but the "awkardness" (probably bad chosen word) I thought he created for Sheldon he has it as well.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/26/2012, 8:00 am

ColferGirl wrote:

Is "Blink" the Doctor Who episode where the Weeping Angels are introduced? If so, then that really was a fantastic episode. Weeping Angels terrify me. I'm not even lying. I genuinely get freaked out when they're on screen or when I think about them for too long. Shocked

Yes, it most definitely is neutre I like the timey-wimey aspect of story, and how that despite it being so Doctor-lite, it is still a quintessential Doctor Who story. And yes, the Weeping Angel is definitely one of the most scary Doctor Who villains I have ever seen. I could never get why the show has a race of talking salt and pepper-shakers (a.k.a. Daleks) being portrayed as the Doctor's biggest nemesis.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 2/26/2012, 10:18 am

OK, a change in my info, my new favourite Tweet is this...

Chris Colfer ‏ @chriscolfer
I wonder, in lieu of texting, if anyone ever sent drunk pigeon messages back in the day...

Funny funny man.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/26/2012, 1:45 pm

arina wrote:
Ireth wrote:It's great getting to know everybody like this Smile

Yeah, he is absolutely amazing there, although when people say about chris playing himself I am curious what they say about Jim, I was curious how Jim acts in real live, so I watched interview on youtube and it was almost like seeing Sheldon there - the same mannerism, voice, demeanour - well, of course he were much politer, but the "awkardness" (probably bad chosen word) I thought he created for Sheldon he has it as well.

He is quite similar to Sheldon, but with more...social sense, if that's what you can call it? That awkwardness he gave to Sheldon is very nicely done Smile

@kac, I can never decide on a favorite tweet because each new one is always my favorite :D
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ry_kurtsie 2/26/2012, 7:39 pm

1. User Name: ry_kurtsie
2. Real Name: Ekim
3. Location: Turkey
4. Favorite Chris Colfer Moment: Golden Globe win
5. Favorite Chris Colfer Tweet or Quote: Golden Globe speech or his tweet after golden globes. wub
6. Favorite Kurt Hummel Moment: I want to hold your hand
7. Favorite Kurt Hummel Musical Performance: I want to hold your hand
8. Favorite Kurt duet: Perfect or 4 Minutes
9. Favorite Glee Character other than Kurt: Blaine, Mercedes, Sam, Burt and season1!Sue
10. Favorite Glee Musical Performance by someone other than Kurt: Somewhere Only We Know
11. Other favorite TV shows: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sherlock
12. Other favorite actors: John Barrowman, David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Catherine Tate
13. Favorite movie: not sure
14. Favorite recording artists: Razorlight
15. One random fact about yourself that you would like to share: I'm terrified of dogs. Even the smallest dogs scare me so much.

Also good to see other Doctor Who fans here!! Smile

ry_kurtsie
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next