Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 19 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  fantastica 5/26/2014, 12:28 pm

in orphan black, initially i found "paul" excruciatingly handsome (except his side profile view - something weird about his head shape), but now i find him annoying. i think when he was in the "caring" and "protective" mode, i like him, but when he's merely a henchman, i kinda hate him. and what's the thing w/ men talking w/ a raspy, whisper-like voice these days huh? i don't get why so many "leading men" w/ stunning looks and then the moment they open their mouths in a normal conversation they all sound like batman. it's so damn annoying! is it supposed to be sexy? not to me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 19 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 5/26/2014, 2:04 pm

The actor for Paul is not helping at all. He is so incredible bland and without any emotions. I know he is supposed to be colder anyway, but there is nothing intriguing about him. Everyone else on the show, even the tiniest characters, are so multi-layered and interesting and then Paul comes along.

I think times are changing. Attractive actors (or actresses for that matter) are not cutting it anymore. There needs to be real talent to excite people. Hence British TV is so successful, because they cast the right actors for parts and beauty is only secondary. It is very refreshing and appropriate.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/26/2014, 2:23 pm

^ "paul" isn't doing much except looking cool and hunky, so i guess it's ok for him to be "bland". when you think about it, looks is an asset - a very notable one. it helps you getting a job like this. for actors w/o a pretty face, they have no choice but honing their acting chops. this is like in school, so many "dumb blond" are "dumb" because they can get away w/ their beauty. the "ugly duckings" have to excel in school to achieve something. in real life many female scholars/scientists are not very attractive, but in movies they are all extremely young and gorgeous and sexy.  Razz 

for a long time i always wonder why i never seem to care about all these super pretty boys on the screen, but instead like guys like Kevin Spacey as leading man. granted Kevin Spacey isn't bad looking at all, but either he plays very interesting characters or he plays characters very interestingly or both. it really doesn't matter if he plays a good guy or bad buy or something in between. they are equally interesting.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/26/2014, 5:04 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Isn't Vikings also a Canadian production? Have not seen it yet, but I read raving reviews.

"In The Flesh" gets better and better with each episode. The seasons are also very short (3 and 6 episodes for the first two seasons), so it is easy to catch up. I really have to recommend it yet again, because it really deserves more recognition. The promo for next episode looks so intense... I am terrified  Shocked 

I don't understand why more people aren't watching In the Flesh. I looked the first series last year and completely forgot they started airing the second series...I whizzed through the four this weekend. So much wider take on the whole subject in this series.

But seriously why does everyone find Simon charming and trustworhty? He's sinister and scary. And for a while now I've thought he might have just been someone the doctors have "infiltrated" into the PDS community to find the source of the infection. I would even go as far as say Simon is the type of human that might have agreed to do that...ie. be killed. Weird, I know but I just don't like him.

Poor Kieren cannot win. Which made me a little sceptic of that "he'a beautiful" line in the preview. I know some take it as...romantic, but I just cannot. And Amy hasn't said anything about them either. Although I keep forgetting that the story moves incredibly slow and not that many days has occured during these four episodes.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/26/2014, 6:46 pm

I have no idea about Simon. I know nothing what to expect. I want him to be good, because the Kieran/Simon scenes are so intense, but expect the worst anyway. At the beginning I was so sure he had evil intentions and now I wonder if he is falling for Kieran, but will betray him anyway (maybe even unintentionally but obviously Kieran seems to be very desirable as the first risen). I also have to agree, the "he is beautiful" was so well shot but can easily be seen as romantic or creepy. I still like the scenes, because the chemistry is off the charts and I know the show will acknowledge it properly, if Simon turns out to be untrustworthy.

My crack theory of the day: Simon is looking for a cure with the scientists for the promo, and Amy's medication will lead her becoming human again. So in a sense, he was lying by default but with "good" intentions.

I have to give it to the showrunners. I really care about Simon and the Simon/Kieran dynamic, but know *everything* can still happen.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/28/2014, 8:31 am

fantastica wrote:in orphan black, initially i found "paul" excruciatingly handsome (except his side profile view - something weird about his head shape), but now i find him annoying. i think when he was in the "caring" and "protective" mode, i like him, but when he's merely a henchman, i kinda hate him. and what's the thing w/ men talking w/ a raspy, whisper-like voice these days huh? i don't get why so many "leading men" w/ stunning looks and then the moment they open their mouths in a normal conversation they all sound like batman. it's so damn annoying! is it supposed to be sexy? not to me.

Paul is just an annoying, bland character to me, and I've felt this way since Season 1. Not to mention, I don't find him attractive so I have no reason to want him on my screen.

Will check out In The Flesh soon, it sounds interesting  neutre .
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/28/2014, 10:46 am

Orphan Black:

I don't like Paul and I think they've dragged out his military history black mark past the point of being interesting anymore.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/28/2014, 11:20 am

Lottie2303 wrote: I have to give it to the showrunners. I really care about Simon and the Simon/Kieran dynamic, but know *everything* can still happen.

I agree that the whole show is written well, gets you really interested in the characters, yet doesn't "favortize" that much. Yes, Kieren is the source of the story but you know anything can indeed happen.

As from the first series the take on some of the characterisations are a bit diffrent. For example the guys in HVF were depicted a bit simple and stupid, as oppose now Gary has been made quite obviously smart and tough. OK, Dean is still depicted as a bit of an idiott, but the whole take is more darker. (If a undead scenario can ever be "darker".)

Just a little bit upset that Jem has been sort of demoted to be seen as only as a PTSD sufferer, when in the first one she had much more personality.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/28/2014, 11:53 am

Buenos wrote:Orphan Black:

I don't like Paul and I think they've dragged out his military history black mark past the point of being interesting anymore.

i hope they won't turn him into a "good guy" another time. people like him in reality don't have that many hearts to begin with. i mean, people who goes to the war zone voluntarily (he was a contractor) to shoot people - they are hired killers. suits his current job well.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/28/2014, 1:16 pm

fantastica wrote:
Buenos wrote:Orphan Black:

i hope they won't turn him into a "good guy" another time. people like him in reality don't have that many hearts to begin with. i mean, people who goes to the war zone voluntarily (he was a contractor) to shoot people - they are hired killers. suits his current job well.
They should just keep him as eye candy who sleeps with all the clones.  So far 3 of them (Beth, Sarah, Rachel) have bedded him, I'd like to see Helena ravage him and of course Alison.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2014, 2:15 pm

Orphan Black: I am sorry to sound harsh, but Paul overstayed his welcome. I think he could very much die now, without interrupting the natural flow of the show. Paul was from the very beginning the weak link, but on an interesting level, the writers even seem to understand that. His role is minimal in S2 compared to the first one.

BTW, the actress of Gracie really is nailing her scenes. I want to see more of her, especially because she is such a mirror of Helena. Even though I am not sure she will survive the season.

In the Flesh: The Dinner scene last episode was outstanding. I had goosebumps. I basically bulldozed into the tumblr fandom a few days ago. My follower count never rose so quickly  Razz 

I have to disagree about Jem. I think her having PTSD is very important and acknowledging her past. She was 14 (?) when she fought zombies and now she is paying the price. I think her arc is far from over, even though I want to tear her apart from Gary. Now that is an antagonist you can only hate, while Maxime is ruthless but yet so well written and played.

I am sincerely terrified for the next episodes, because the promo is so intense. I mean, I will only have my very first working day at my first, very real and career starting job. No big deal.  Shocked But well, lets wait and see what will happen with Simon and Simon/Kieren. Considering this is BBC... Kieren will most likely get killed by Simon or they commit mess suicide (cant they just move to Paris together and happily ever after...  blushh )....
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/28/2014, 2:29 pm

i don't think they are going to kill paul. they just killed daniel. in this show, people don't die easily. the not-yet-dead "surprises" are getting a bit too much. i hope it will not past the third season. things will get tiresome by then.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/29/2014, 6:20 am

Lottie2303 wrote:

BTW, the actress of Gracie really is nailing her scenes. I want to see more of her, especially because she is such a mirror of Helena. Even though I am not sure she will survive the season.

I love seeing Gracie, she's such an interesting and well-acted character.

I'm also interested in Mark's character, though I must confess his name just flew over my head, and my sister and I refer to him as "the guy who looks like Chuck from Gossip Girl" when talking about the show. I just found out he's called Mark now when I googled it.  Razz 

I watched the first episode of In The Flesh today and I'm exciting to keep watching. Such an interesting idea.  neutre 

When Kieran's mother was given the stun gun, I thought it was to use on any threatening HVF members, not on Kieran himself in case he reverted to his rabid state. As you can see I'm really creeped out by the HVF.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/29/2014, 7:18 am

^ Be prepared. ITF rips your heart out. I never used such emotional tags on tumblr, like I do with ITF.  Razz The main character Kieren, really is also portrayed by a standout actor. Last episode... I am still drowning in feelings.

About OB, I can also see Gracie carrying out Helenas children. Nonetheless, I think she will have more importance in future episodes. I just don't want her to die. She can join clone club - everyone is a bit strange anyway  fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/29/2014, 8:51 am

Paul, and the actor who plays him, is my one negative about OB. He is so fucking bland. I don't even enjoy him as eye candy because he is so boring and dead in the eyes. Obviously there are characters who I don't like because of their despicablity but I still enjoy them on my screen because they are vivid and interesting. From day 1 with that guy, I was sighing because he shows no sign of life in him. So deadly dull.

I am one episode behind the US, as I watch on BBC3 on the UK schedule. I still laugh when I think of: 'This is nice truck. Much leg rooms.' Hee. are they going on a road trip?! Hilarious.

I love so many of the dynamics in this show, the way they mix it up: Sarah/Mrs S, Sarah/Helena, Felix/Sarah, Alison/Felix; Felix/Helena, Art/Helena, Cosima/Delphine etc. I think all the actors are brilliant... except Dylan Bruce.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/29/2014, 9:02 am

Actually, I also wanted to ask for any recs of good tumblrs for: Orphan Black (preferably a Brit due to schedules but I'll take any if necessary) and Orange is the New Black. I want general rather than 'shipping' blogs so that they will post a wide variety because I love so many characters. I just want a few so I can get a nice supply of gifs and pics of my fave scenes/characters/actors. Thanks in advance!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/29/2014, 9:09 am

^ BBC has its own Orphan Black tumblr and they are pretty amazing. Reblog a lot of great gifs and fanart and general posts. Otherwise I randomly looked for OB tumblrs, and almost all of them are not that focused on shipping (except Cophine, that is the one exception). However I cannot help for OITNB as I do not even follow one blog about that show... I really love it, but it does not ignite the same passion that happens with other shows  saispa 

You will like next episode, because it pairs up the most random people, but everything works exceptionally.

The nickname for Paul on various forums is "Big Dick Paul (BDP)". Guess it is clarification enough how little the general audience responds to Paul. He was from the very beginning acknowledged as the weak link. Which gets even more obvious, as he is always paired up wit Tatiana Maslany so his acting weakness and blandness becomes even more obvious.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/29/2014, 12:50 pm

Thanks.  neutre 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2014, 1:18 pm

i believe "big dick paul" was mentioned in the show once. forgot who called him that but it was a guy, probably Felix but not sure.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/29/2014, 1:37 pm

Yeah, Felix has said it at least twice.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/29/2014, 1:53 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, Felix has said it at least twice.

Well, Felix is a smart cookie  tonguue 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2014, 7:31 pm

i just realized that the guy who plays sarah's old fling (kera's dad) is playing Dario in GOT! honestly i prefer last season's Dario actor. his long blondish hair has a more "romantic" gesture. i don't find this new Dario interesting at all. neither is kera's dad, but since he has a totally different id he's also what he appears to be. nobody is what they appear to be. nobody can be trusted. that's the theme of the Orphan Black.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/30/2014, 4:53 am

^ Funnily, I do not like the new actor in GoT (but the Dany part bore me anyway and she is one of my least favorite characters...). But I really love him in OB. He fits right in.

Also he really looks like Kira's father. Once they were in the same scene, it clicked before the big reveal to me. Nonetheless, Cal is also not trustworthy and he has his own secrets. Everyone is somehow connected. We just have to wait and see.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/31/2014, 5:38 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Funnily, I do not like the new actor in GoT (but the Dany part bore me anyway and she is one of my least favorite characters...). But I really love him in OB. He fits right in.

Yeah, I love him as Cal, but don't like him as Daario.

By the way, Dany used to be one of my favourite characters at the start of the books/show, and now I don't really like her...her parts either bore me or annoy me to death.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2014, 6:19 am

I watched the first five episodes of "Orphan Black" this seasons in two nights.

Watched Season 1 "In The Flesh" and was angry when Rick's father killed him and felt no pity when his father was shot.

Poor Keiran, he really can't get a break.  :( 

Paul is a boring character. I never liked him.

Will watch OITNB some time soon.

Have been watching "Penny Dreadful" and "Salem" this week.

They are really good.

"Salem" is already getting a second season.

"Penny Dreadful" has Eva Green, Timothy Dalton, Billie Piper and Josh Harnett.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next