Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  tanita_mors 4/25/2012, 1:40 pm

red texta wrote:GoldDerby, the site which tracks all the awards shows and the odds of nominations/winnings, still has Chris in sixth place for an Emmy nomination (supporting actor, comedy). They usually only pick five but if sixth is close enough to fifth then sixth gets a nomination too. I guess, like tanita_mors says, a lot of it is because no one else has stood out enough to supplant him, although I think Nick Offernan has grabbed that fifth spot over him. The other thing is that Chris has been really solid all year and since he's been nominated a few times people do still watch his performances with this in mind. I feel like they'd be comparing new potential nominees to previous ones; were they as good as Ty Burrell? Or Eric Stonestreet? Were they as good as Chris Colfer?

I don't think it's just Darren holding Chris back from awards recognition; it's more the terrible inconsistent writing and the way most of the storylines he's been involved in are either annoying or stupid and unfunny. Even though Chris is as good as ever, if not better, he just hasn't had anything to make him really stand out this year. Critics also don't like Glee anymore, even if they still like Chris.

Chris still has a long shot at a nomination. It's not impossible. I don't think it's a coincidence that we're getting two Kurt heavy episodes right now and the deadline for Emmy submission is May 6th.
No, actually, they pick 6 nominees for the last 3 years if I saw correctly in every acting category (certainly in the one Chris is in). So there still may be a chance unless Niel Patrick Harris has a killer episode and pushes him out.

I think the problem is this season is there haven't been enough Kurt-centric or even Klaine-centric episodes besides the two I mentioned that have been adequate in theme , writing or Kurt's time on screen. Michel was promising in idea, but the focus of the episode shifted midway to Santana and Kurt lost all agency in it. The First Time doesn't have enough Kurt and no musical number which he really needs to have something to differentiate himself from others. On My Way was just too dramatic and again no song. I'm a big fan of TPPP where he has a duet with Rachel and it's a lighthearted episode, but not enough substance really. I Am Unicorn and I Want To Dance With Somebody are two really strong acting episodes for Cris with solos in them and IMO his best bet. THe Christmas Special is interesting and he has a lot of screen time, but it has no plot whatsoever and is very polarizing (people either love it or hate it), thus it's far too risky a submission.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  red texta 4/25/2012, 2:48 pm

No, actually, they pick 6 nominees for the last 3 years if I saw correctly in every acting category (certainly in the one Chris is in). So there still may be a chance unless Niel Patrick Harris has a killer episode and pushes him out.

Oops, you're quite right. I wonder why the Emmys do six instead of five like the others.

I really like the Christmas episode and if it were the only possible submission I wouldn't feel so bad. It was very funny and had plenty of singing and dancing. But not everyone gets the cheesy B+W segment and they cut out what could have been a nice emotional scene for Kurt (and Blaine but you know they would have been watchign Kurt) with the ring in the box and replaced it with Finchel pig drama Grrrrrrr. I agree it really comes down to I Am Unicorn or Dance With Somebody. I hope Choke is a contender too but it sounds like it will be Rachel-centric or maybe have a lot of Sue in it. Has Jane Lynch got her emmy episode yet this year? Glee is so... shameless in the way it angles for awards.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 3:47 pm

I still fail to see how Glee qualifies as a comedy in the award categories. It's just not fair for the actors (mainly Chris), to be competing with actors from Modern Family or Two and Half Men. He would have had 3 Emmys by now if it weren't for the show being slotted into the comedy category, and of course, if all his major episodes didn't involve him crying.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 3:58 pm

if kurt has no dramatic moments he has no moments - meaning he simply sits in the background. glee is not a comedy. it's a show w/ comic lines here and there. not exactly a drama either. it's in hte middle of nowhere, so chris gets creamed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 4:00 pm

fantastica wrote:if kurt has no dramatic moments he has no moments - meaning he simply sits in the background. glee is not a comedy. it's a show w/ comic lines here and there. not exactly a drama either. it's in hte middle of nowhere, so chris gets creamed.

THIS. Pretty much. Thank god for the Golden Globes.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/25/2012, 8:38 pm

LOL! He's the Glee reviewer for BuddyTV since s3 (if I remember right) and without being a big fan of DC like some from other sites, he used to write rather nice things about him:

Spoiler:
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 8:40 pm

Shinra17 wrote:LOL! He's the Glee reviewer for BuddyTV since s3 (if I remember right) and without being a big fan of DC like some from other sites, he used to write rather nice things about him:

Spoiler:

I want to send that guy flowers for that comment.

BTW Blarren's song is the second highest selling Glee song from yesterday's episode (First is How Will I Know). Chris's song is very low on the charts. Oy, Glee fandom *facepalm*. This is why we can't have good things Rolling Eyes .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/25/2012, 10:07 pm

^Facepalm at the song sales.

I've given up hope of any nominations so that if it happens it'll be a nice surprise. I don't want to be disappointed because Chris is good but he's been given nothing good to work with.

Spoiler:
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 10:10 pm

Ireth wrote:^Facepalm at the song sales.

I've given up hope of any nominations so that if it happens it'll be a nice surprise. I don't want to be disappointed because Chris is good but he's been given nothing good to work with.

Spoiler:

How could Blaine NOT be there. They even cut out Kurt's part of the song and left Blaine's intact. Same goes with the songs yesterday. Blaine song went on forever, Kurt's was much shorter than the original audio version. dryy

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/25/2012, 11:51 pm

When I see Kurt's parts cut out of songs, and others with huge productions including back up dancers, I just tell myself that Chris emotes so very well, that he gets everything across with his eyes and his expressions, and doesn't need bells and whistles. Cutting his song was simply so he didn't get more AIWNSG hate, because he is just standing there and singing. No dancing going on, or confetti falling from the ceiling. I think I am simply used to disappointment when it comes to what they give Kurt/Chris, perhaps they don't want everyone else to look even less, because he does have such presence and talent. I didn't even flinch when it looks like again Rachel gets to shine, and Kurt probably only gets a line or two, which will be cut out, from his National's performance. At least the stupid TT have Tina involved. The boys, other than Blaine, just get no respect on this show when it comes to singing. The girls get no respect when it comes to solving their own problems. Kurt/Chris, thankfully has us to respect him. I am just hoping that Rachel's performance is used to get her into NYADA, then I will feel it is story oriented, instead of lazy we have to have Rachel sing to win. I just wish they would remember the choir members who got them past Sectionals.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 9:57 am

sahhar wrote:
BTW Blarren's song is the second highest selling Glee song from yesterday's episode (First is How Will I Know). Chris's song is very low on the charts. Oy, Glee fandom *facepalm*. This is why we can't have good things Rolling Eyes .

Never underestimate the iTunes buying power of Darren fans.

And it's a smart move, in the sense that this is definitely more effective in getting more Blaine solos on the show than any tweeting campaign could ever hope to achieve. RIB+ speaks the language of profits.

When we protest that so-and-so should get more singing opportunities on the show, they reward us with meta jokes.

Tina-- "I just want a song."
Kurt -- "Do you know how many times I have to sit on a stool and watch you perform?"

Divalicious wrote: Cutting his song was simply so he didn't get more AIWNSG hate, because he is just standing there and singing. No dancing going on, or confetti falling from the ceiling.

AIWNSG hate? Why? Had there been disgruntlement over Kurt's solo performance last year?

One thing that struck me as kinda odd was that they had Kurt singing with a microphone in his 'I have Nothing' performance. No one else in Glee Club seemed to have required it with their songs, even when Brittany was singing and dancing on top of a piano.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 10:10 am

Delight wrote:
Divalicious wrote: Cutting his song was simply so he didn't get more AIWNSG hate, because he is just standing there and singing. No dancing going on, or confetti falling from the ceiling.

AIWNSG hate? Why? Had there been disgruntlement over Kurt's solo performance last year?

One thing that struck me as kinda odd was that they had Kurt singing with a microphone in his 'I have Nothing' performance. No one else in Glee Club seemed to have required it with their songs, even when Brittany was singing and dancing on top of a piano.
^They didn't cut AIWNSG like they usually do with Kurt's songs long songs, and I remember that lot of people complained about it because too long.
During the live stream there were the publicity, Kurt's solo, and again the publicity. LOL.

Didn't Rachel sung "Go your own way" with a microphone?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/26/2012, 10:25 am

Rachel sings with microphone a lot,also santana and mercedes.They're 4 divas with microphone Smile

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr14Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr15
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr16Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr17
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr18
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2012, 10:33 am

Delight wrote:

AIWNSG lasted 5 minutes and a lot of fans complained about it: that it was too long.

I think they did that to give Chris something to do. He's not the flamboyant "look at me" kind of singer. When he is not scripted to dance or physically act, he just stands there and acts with his eyes, face and hands only. Which is very effective, but it's still a bit..... un-dynamic for the camera. The mic gives him a focus point, a prop, and a place to belong: he has to stay in one place for the mic. And having been there myself: I love holding a mic to give my body some purpose.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/26/2012, 10:34 am

sahhar wrote:

A lot of people thought that AIWNSG was way too long, and boring (probably because it wasn't a pop song). The song is 4:54 according to my iPod. Most of the songs seem to be cut to between 90 seconds and 3 minutes, so it was definitely one of the longest (if not the longest) performances on the show, especially for an individual performer. A quick look at my iPod, and I only have 3 Glee songs on there that are longer than AIWNSG--Bad Romance (which is 4:54--I can't recall how much if anything was cut from that), For Good (which is 5:03 and I know was significantly cut), and Don't Cry For Me Argentina (which is 5:10--I can't recall if that was cut, but I suspect it was). So, I would venture that it was a pretty good guess that AIWNSG was the longest performance ever on Glee.

That being said, it is the most epic performance on the show ever, and in my opinion, one of the best TV moments ever. I don't think many people realized just how epic and perfect that song was for the situation at hand. No other song captured the storyline the way that did, and no other performance has ever caught the emotion of the moment like that one did.

I think the purpose of the microphone in IHN was so that we wouldn't mistake it for AIWNSG since the clothes and the shots were so similar (I'm only half serious about this--I seriously wonder if the clothing and the way it was shot were deliberate to parallell the moment with AIWNSG for us crazy Kurtsies).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/26/2012, 10:43 am

People often have the attention span of fleas. Bad Romance was cut. You are probably right AIWNSG is probably the longest song they have done. Good, it was one of the best in my opinion, both in performance and relevance.

Last edited by kac on 4/26/2012, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong words.)
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/26/2012, 10:49 am

They have made it very, very clear to us.

He will not sing. If we tweet, if we scream, if we BEG, they will deliberately give him a solo that is too high for him. They will force him to grovel at Blaine's feet for a misstep that Blaine is every inch as guilty of, and Blaine will reject his song. Then they will make a joke about how Kurt does not get to sing.

We have been very deliberately and pointedly insulted here, and I think we need to understand now that we will never, ever get anything we want from these writers.

The tweenies win the day, and the cult of Blaine Anderson has officially destroyed Glee completely. Not Blaine himself - this character could have been much better managed than he was, and Darren can be used effectively when used carefully.

I am beyond angry and headed towards finding something else to occupy my interest and my time. There's a reason why I haven't had the heart to do the recap yet.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2012, 11:01 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr_m31ldw4Ul11qagxt1o2_500

I know how you feel, Claire. I have not the heart to start on my review of 'I Have Nothing' yet. I'm just too angry and sad; not because of the song, but because of all the crap around it and now the new spoilers.

I have been working on a Whitney Houston episode review, and except for 'My Love Is Your Love' all the other songs were put in a lower key, including Lea's and Naya's 'So Emotional', and Amber's 'How Will I Know'. They lowered the key on the songs for their 3 best female singers, but not for Chris.
This was rigged. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/26/2012, 11:07 am

You just have to not care, because just like the ratings, unless you are Nielson family member you don't count. We cannot change what the writers have decided to do, but Chris also doesn't let us down. His "apology" song came from a place of strength, not begging for forgiveness. Plus, Kurt is still a role-model, and sadly, he is the person that just keeps on moving forward despite not getting a lot of victories. Kurt can take it, he is the strongest character on Glee. I say he is even stronger than Sue, because he manages to be strong, but maintaining a strong, loving relationship with his father, and while some may not like it, he is in a loving relationship with Blaine. Sue can be biting and witty, but she is alone, except for school relationships in Becky and now perhaps Schue forming. That is why among all the Glee kids, she respects Kurt.

Oh yeah, this is the Snark and Bark, umm, snarky *taps chin* oh okay, I really dislike the idea that the girls get so much of the national spotlight as opposed to the boys. I am sure it is because of the dancing routines involved, but they could have found a way to include the good male dancers, at least Mike and Chris. Darren also dances better than most. But to leave the guys out, who helped get them there to focus 2/3 on female based acts. Do we really need all the swirling skirts to get panty shots? Really. Please give me Kurt tushy shots in abundance, please.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 11:15 am

Emile wrote:Didn't Rachel sung "Go your own way" with a microphone?

dap1217 wrote:Rachel sings with microphone a lot,also santana and mercedes.They're 4 divas with microphone Smile

Perhaps I should have specified 'in the WH tribute episode.' But thanks for the nice pics of the 4 divas, dap1217 neutre

Glorfindel wrote:I think they did that to give Chris something to do. He's not the flamboyant "look at me" kind of singer. When he is not scripted to dance or physically act, he just stands there and acts with his eyes, face and hands only. Which is very effective, but it's still a bit..... un-dynamic for the camera. The mic gives him a focus point, a prop, and a place to belong: he has to stay in one place for the mic. And having been there myself: I love holding a mic to give my body some purpose.

I was thinking something along these lines as well. But then I recalled his AIWNSG performance and although it was just Kurt singing in the choir room again (without bright lights and background dancers), he did it without a mic to allow for all these hand movements and gestures.

It could partly be for the reason Jellyrolls mentioned-- to differentiate this performance from his AIWNSG one.

With regards to people complaining that Kurt's AIWNSG performance was too long, I have this to say to them: vexe

Glorfindel wrote:
They lowered the key on the songs for their 3 best female singers, but not for Chris.
This was rigged. :angry:

I smell a conspiracy. This is not the first time they sabotaged Kurt with the song arrangements. He is frequently forced to sing high (usually interpreted as 'shrill' by those who don't appreciate Chris's voice) on the show.

I still believe that this is deliberately done to maintain the illusion that Blaine is a better singer than Kurt; and to justify Blaine's endless singing on the show.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 11:19 am

Divalicious wrote: Do we really need all the swirling skirts to get panty shots? Really. Please give me Kurt tushy shots in abundance, please.

I sometimes wonder whether the lesbian couple on the show is mainly used to feed some twisted fantasy of the male members of the audience.

But no, I don't think I can handle Kurt tushy shots on the show (I'd probably get a heart attack Smile ), and he has to be wearing some seriously weird male clothing to make such shots possible.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/26/2012, 11:30 am

Actually I meant shots of his tushy in those nicely fitting pants. A kilt, he could carry off, the rest of ND, not so much Smile

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 11:50 am

Mah, I still believe that they are regretting having made Kurt the strong character that he is.

The female characters are not well respected in this show, and are represented as they're are in constant need of a man to save them; so the male characters are the heroes, but are boring. Kurt is both of them, since he is obviously a man but he likes to consider himself the "honorary girl".
In the Klaine's relationship is evident how the writers want to represent him as the "girl" between the two. But they are realising that, after all that the character has accomplished during these seasons, make him the one in need of a man is absolutely OOC, he doesn't need Blaine to save him; and this is even more difficult since the actor that should represent the "alpha gay" (oh god, I hate this term) is clearly not capable of portraying it.

They don't know how to handle Kurt, and they're killing him.
Well, to be fair, they are killing Rachel and Quinn too.

--------------------------
You all must get prepared for the Blaine's spinoff:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Emile on 4/26/2012, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 11:54 am

Emile wrote:...

They don't know how to handle Kurt, and they're killing him.
Well, to be fair, they are killing Rachel and Quinn too.

--------------------------
You all must get prepared for the Blaine's spinoff:

Spoiler:

That what really pisses me off, they're killing important chracters like Kurt, Rachel and Quinn and still don't see why? To make people to started to dislike them and then not feel their absence dryy Well I'm sorry that never gonna happen.

Since when Blaine is Sharpay? ptdr

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr_m31ldw4Ul11qagxt1o2_500

GOSH this's half hilarious Razz and half "please tell me next season is not gonna be rename like blee" ohmy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 11:58 am

brisallie wrote:Since when Blaine is Sharpay? ptdr
Since ever. LOL.
Don't you see the blonde hair?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next