Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 5 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 4:14 pm

@Brisallie, u and I r so much alike! Yes I love to watch gymnastics too, and diving. Oh, also world class ballroom dance competitions. Those pros r amazing! Ironically I don't like Dancing w the Stars.

ETA: my tablet input system automatically changed your name to "Bahama" ! Razz Just changed it back. I hate autocorrect although it does help when I don't know how to spell.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/17/2012, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/17/2012, 6:43 pm

I am going to a high school production of Chicago at glee project Alex's high school. Alex may be in it. I will let you know.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 6:53 pm

cool! let us know how things go.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 7:00 pm

Delight wrote:Just watched the first 2 episodes of Downton Abbey (as some of you know already, Chris watches this series during his spare time), and all I could think of is 'Wow. So this is what a truly well-written show looks like.' No scene is superfluous. No dialogue is wasted. All the characters feel real, with well-defined personalities. Pretty much all the actors are impressive and fully embody their characters. Some parts of it can even be funny, with the upper class ladies getting scandalized by the concepts of 'work' and 'weekends'.

Quality TV shows like this make me ask the question-- 'Why do I spend time watching Glee?'

But then the answer is obvious; seeing that I'm hanging around in this forum.

Sigh... I really wish that some competent writer can come in and restructure the whole Glee series so that it recaptures some of its old magic and appeal.

I haven't watched DA but now since you praise it highly I think I am very tempted to watch it. As far as Glee's writing is concerned, I doubt it will ever get near that level. Glee will always be a silly wacky teen show, except there's a lot of WTF angst than outright hilariity. I hope Chris will produce a new series for himself to star in once he's off glee. I will have more faith in Chris' writing than any of Glee writers'.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/17/2012, 10:47 pm

fantastica wrote:@Brisallie, u and I r so much alike! Yes I love to watch gymnastics too, and diving. Oh, also world class ballroom dance competitions. Those pros r amazing! Ironically I don't like Dancing w the Stars.

Love gymnastics, I'm impressed with the stunts they do, besides it takes years of hard-working.

Yeah! I have seen world class ballroom dance competitions but only on TV and What are those movements? They look so flexible, so I feel ashamed of my tight bones. Have you ever seen So you think you can Dance? The contestans are more professional than celebrities from Dancing with the Stars.

Jellyrolls wrote:I am going to a high school production of Chicago at glee project Alex's high school. Alex may be in it. I will let you know.

If he's there, will he dress up like a girl? I meant if he performs :p
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 11:06 pm

^ So you think you can dance - isn't that teh show that Hemo got rejected? or is it another dance show? anyway it's free style dancing, while the ballroom dancing is couple's dancing using traditional ballroom steps and techniques. I like to watch all good dance, regardless of the styles. However the closest I get from dancing in real life is walking - my hips are fused and can't move. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/17/2012, 11:20 pm

fantastica wrote:^ So you think you can dance - isn't that teh show that Hemo got rejected? or is it another dance show? anyway it's free style dancing, while the ballroom dancing is couple's dancing using traditional ballroom steps and techniques. I like to watch all good dance, regardless of the styles. However the closest I get from dancing in real life is walking - my hips are fused and can't move. Razz

The same one Smile I saw it about a week ago and are people like Heather who have studied dancing for years or some of them just have a natural talent which is burnished in the show. As you have said is more free style and is similar to DWS because each week is a different dance but their techniques are better.

Have you ever tried with any dance? You know, though I'm from latinamerica, not everybody has rhythm at dancing or loose hips lol. Belly dance is helping me a lot.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 11:25 pm

I love to dance in my imagination but (1) my body is rigid and very uncoordinated and (2) never been w/ a guy who likes to dance so I never even had any opportunity to practice. :( I seems to find men w/ all kinds of artistic abilities EXCEPT dancing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/17/2012, 11:42 pm

I just got home from the Bishop Fenwick High School production of "Chicago," which Alex from the Glee Project was in (a relative of mine was Billy Flynn in the production). The production was excellent for a high school production--well directed, and some very talented kids.

Alex was the MC and Mary Sunshine, so yes, he did dress up in drag for it (including heels that were about four inches high). He was definitely one of the strongest performers in the cast. His voice had a lot more power to it than I thought it would. I'm still not a fan of his voice, though. He did a really great job of staying in character when he was in the background of scenes, and he had an excellent stage presence.

You can see an article about the production here.

And some pictures of Alex Here (they are copyrighted so I can't grab them from the site).

I didn't speak to Alex, but he did come over to see my relatives after the show. He definitely likes to be the center of attention. He definitely has that diva quality that you saw on the Glee Project.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/17/2012, 11:47 pm

fantastica wrote:I love to dance in my imagination but (1) my body is rigid and very uncoordinated and (2) never been w/ a guy who likes to dance so I never even had any opportunity to practice. :( I seems to find men w/ all kinds of artistic abilities EXCEPT dancing.

Nowadays people dance alone and following their own rhythm at discos, well it could be because they're drunk or drugged lol whatever, what I'm saying is there're dances that you don't need a boy such as belly dance, flamenco...

...Ok I just decided to stop my list because you're right, most of them need someone else ¬¬ Right now there's a style quite popular here called Bachata : bachata

PS: Thanks Jelly for the pictures and now I see why at first sight I thought Alex was a girl :p

I'm glad you liked it and have fun tonight :D
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 11:54 pm

Alex looks like a big black woman interestingly he's still a teenboy. Is he still in high school? or has he graduated? I thought all Glee actors need to be 18+. If he's already graduated why is he still in the high school production? Just curious.

thanks for the picture and "review" jellybean! Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 12:16 am

Kim, I believe Alex is 19 now (I think he said he was 18 when he was on the show). He is graduating this year.

I don't think the Glee actors have to be at least 18, though it does make it easier as they don't have to get tutored onset if they are over 18.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 12:43 am

^ I am absolutely sure they have to be 18+.

part of it is legal - minors can't enter into a contract. if you have child actors their parents or legal guardian has to get involved and that can complicate things. Another part is the older hte actor the better they will be as employees - they are more mature, can be more skilled artists and you can also work them to death.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/18/2012, 12:53 am

fantastica wrote:Alex looks like a big black woman interestingly he's still a teenboy. Is he still in high school? or has he graduated? I thought all Glee actors need to be 18+. If he's already graduated why is he still in the high school production? Just curious.

thanks for the picture and "review" jellybean! Razz

My exact words the first time I saw Alex was "Who is that fat girl with shaved hair?" Razz I remember he was still in high school during TGP but I think he had lost a year, so he was doing Junior year again.

fantastica wrote:^ I am absolutely sure they have to be 18+.

I don't know the requirements of the glee's casting four years ago but I'm sure the producers of TGP said they were looking for people between 18 and don't remember the limit age but looks like high schoolers.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 1:38 am

^ I think the upper limit is 23 or 24.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/18/2012, 1:43 am

fantastica wrote:^ I think the upper limit is 23 or 24.

is 25. But I have a doubt, there're boys/girls who turning 18 while there're still in HS so what happen then? Producers wait until they graduate from high school if they think they're a good choice?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 1:47 am

don't know about others. Alex only has 2 episode guaranteed by contract, and he only needs a few days on the set to shoot his scenes. He will need to fly back and forth but I am sure it's no big deal. It's a lot more time consuming for him to do the TGP.

yay! I m over 1k posts!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/18/2012, 6:29 am

fantastica wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new here and wasn't sure where I should post so I thought I'd start here. neutre

Has anyone ever watched Smosh? It's these two guys and they make really funny videos. My step-sister showed them to me about a month ago and I've loved them ever since.

One of my favorites and the very first one I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2P11pU3yo0
that clip is hilarious! Thanks for posting.

Initially I thouht you meant "Smash" and made a typo. lol

Lol. I was wondering if some people thought I meant that. Your welcome!
I have a few others that I find pretty funny but cant post the links because I'm on my 3DS atm.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/18/2012, 6:30 am

fantastica wrote:
I haven't watched DA but now since you praise it highly I think I am very tempted to watch it. As far as Glee's writing is concerned, I doubt it will ever get near that level. Glee will always be a silly wacky teen show, except there's a lot of WTF angst than outright hilariity. I hope Chris will produce a new series for himself to star in once he's off glee. I will have more faith in Chris' writing than any of Glee writers'.

Now I'm feeling a lot of pressure and dreading the moment when the series doesn't live up to your expectations Razz. I've only watched the first two episodes of the first season so far, and it's great. Be mindful that only a handful of characters on the show are like-able though, and that's what makes it interesting Wink

Ah, so you've become an 'Adddicted Colferite' with your 1000th post. And that's what my ultimate goal will be...

@Jellyrolls
Say, can these 'ranks' be changed? I'm wondering about the 'Wood Nymph' one and whether you might want to consider changing it to 'Snow Nymph' instead. 'Wood nymph' is what Darren had called Chris, but 'Snow Nymph' is what Chris called himself.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 6:45 am

^ oh my God delight did u hack into the PM system by any chance or did u read my mind? I sent jelly a pm several hrs ago asked her to do exactly that! Lol. Its eerie!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/18/2012, 7:59 am

^ I told Karen about that wood/snow thing weeks ago, your mind reader abilities are a bit slow... Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 8:32 am

fantastica wrote:^ I am absolutely sure they have to be 18+.

part of it is legal - minors can't enter into a contract. if you have child actors their parents or legal guardian has to get involved and that can complicate things. Another part is the older hte actor the better they will be as employees - they are more mature, can be more skilled artists and you can also work them to death.

Then that's a Glee thing. They could hire a minor if they wanted to (of course the parents would be involved, they'd have to tutor them, and they'd have a limit in the number of hours they could work). It's just easier for them with people who are 18 and over. My point was that they could hire someone younger if they saw someone they wanted.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 8:38 am

Delight wrote:Ah, so you've become an 'Adddicted Colferite' with your 1000th post. And that's what my ultimate goal will be...

@Jellyrolls
Say, can these 'ranks' be changed? I'm wondering about the 'Wood Nymph' one and whether you might want to consider changing it to 'Snow Nymph' instead. 'Wood nymph' is what Darren had called Chris, but 'Snow Nymph' is what Chris called himself.

fantastica wrote:^ oh my God delight did u hack into the PM system by any chance or did u read my mind? I sent jelly a pm several hrs ago asked her to do exactly that! Lol. Its eerie!

Shinra17 wrote:^ I told Karen about that wood/snow thing weeks ago, your mind reader abilities are a bit slow... Smile

@delight, I hope you won't stop posing at 1000 posts Wink

Blame the wood nymph thing on Kim. She is the one who complained about what I originally had and asked me to change it to Wood Nymph now. I realized after that she just wanted Darren's description up there because she is such a big Darren fan. I may have to create a special Ms. Bossy Pants rank for her tonguue
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/18/2012, 8:55 am

fantastica wrote:^ oh my God delight did u hack into the PM system by any chance or did u read my mind? I sent jelly a pm several hrs ago asked her to do exactly that! Lol. Its eerie!

I am no Charles Xavier, I assure you Smile

I've been meaning to bring it up ever since I saw you achieve that rank.

So the 'Wood Nymph' title was your idea (or was Jellyrolls referring to a different Kim)?

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 9:30 am

Delight wrote:

I am no Charles Xavier, I assure you Smile

I've been meaning to bring it up ever since I saw you achieve that rank.

So the 'Wood Nymph' title was your idea (or was Jellyrolls referring to a different Kim)?

Wood Nymph was fantastica's idea. So don't blame me, blame her. Wink I wasn't happy about using something DC said to refer to Chris, but I did it to appease her.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next