Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 12:26 am

^ like 6 months ago. or when I was 15, whichever is more recent.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/9/2012, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 3/9/2012, 12:26 am

fantastica wrote:^ I won't. I already forgot my twitter account password because my brain is made from catnip infused hairball.

It's Kim&Darren4eva
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2012, 12:27 am

Jellyrolls wrote:When was the last time you retweeted me?

the other day (yesterday?) I did all 6 of them and then Canned Heat started in on me, so u owe me!!

Where is my Shinra? I need a little help here!

Last edited by Carousel on 3/9/2012, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 12:28 am

thanks. I feel you guys trash that poor guy way too much already and I feel the need to defend that poor kid, until I encounter another blarren stan at GF and then I want to trash him too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2012, 12:30 am

I'm sure if you jump over there you can find Bowtie Blaine and he will give you a run for your money

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/9/2012, 12:31 am

Carousel wrote:

the other day (yesterday?) I did all 6 of them and then Canned Heat started in on me, so u owe me!!

I never got notification of you retweeting them, and they aren't on your timeline.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 12:32 am

Carousel wrote:I'm sure if you jump over there you can find Bowtie Blaine and he will give you a run for your money
Actually that MaybeImAmazed is equally annoying. I can't stand her. since we don't hang out there as much they don't come over as often. the thread is mostly slow. I am getting less and less motivated to post there. so sad.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2012, 12:34 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Carousel wrote:

I never got notification of you retweeting them, and they aren't on your timeline.

Sorry - your tweets were too long so I had to take your name out, I just used the RT with the guts of the tweet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/9/2012, 12:35 am

Stealing my words! Thief!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2012, 12:38 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Stealing my words! Thief!

Damn straight - they were practically right on top of yours! H'mm, it can't be plagerism because I did the RT and I never claimed it as my own (in fact, will you be a little less wordy next time so I can get it all in??) Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 12:39 am

ok muffins stop barking at each other. it's late and you are waking up the neighbors.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2012, 12:41 am

fantastica wrote:ok muffins stop barking at each other. it's late and you are waking up the neighbors.

if they had a life they would not be asleep!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/9/2012, 7:16 am

Actually that MaybeImAmazed is equally annoying. I can't stand her. since we don't hang out there as much they don't come over as often. the thread is mostly slow. I am getting less and less motivated to post there. so sad.
Ugh, IKR. She kept whining that we should stop saying Darren stans were immature but then she herself acted like a particularly rude and catty twelve year old the whole time. And I know she doesn't dislike Kurt but the only time she made any indication he was her favorite character was when people accused her of being too biased towards Blaine. She certainly seemed less bothered by the criticism Chris got for having a high voice in the song threads than the 'deeply offensive' complaints that Blarren sings too much. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding a reason to post there too, except for the Chris subforum when there's news. New Kurtsies are coming in, so at least they'll have it, until they say something those Klainers dislike.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/9/2012, 7:49 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Just tell people to watch the "Ben" scened. You can see the difference between people with natural acting talent (Chris, Lea, Cory) and someone who is doing what he learned in Reactions 101 (Darren).

Sometimes I wonder whether we should be a little bit grateful for the average or terrible actors on Glee, because they really made Chris's acting shine like a diamond in a sea of zircons Wink

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 7:58 am

^ yes and no. I think for Chris, working w/ good actors is good for him. He said he never took acting lessons and he learned by watching good actors act. If he gets to work w/ them in person, it's even better. He's still young and he can learn from good actors around him and get better as time goes on. Also, when both actors are good, they give each other emotional feed backs, making hte scene even more realistic and genuine. I don't mind as long as the bad actors on glee do not work in scenes w/ him. I'd like to see him having scene partners w/ good actors only if possible. that's part of the reason I want klaine to breakup. Let blaine have scenes w/ someone else, like Artie, Tina, Sam, Rory, whatever. Keep him away from Chris.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/9/2012, 8:39 am

fantastica wrote:^ yes and no. I think for Chris, working w/ good actors is good for him. He said he never took acting lessons and he learned by watching good actors act. If he gets to work w/ them in person, it's even better. He's still young and he can learn from good actors around him and get better as time goes on. Also, when both actors are good, they give each other emotional feed backs, making hte scene even more realistic and genuine. I don't mind as long as the bad actors on glee do not work in scenes w/ him. I'd like to see him having scene partners w/ good actors only if possible. that's part of the reason I want klaine to breakup. Let blaine have scenes w/ someone else, like Artie, Tina, Sam, Rory, whatever. Keep him away from Chris.

This is so true, especially the bolded. Just about all of the Klaine seaons have fallen short this year because Darren doesn't give Chris to work for. But when he's opposite Lea, Mike O'Malley, Max, or Cory (me want more), the scenes are powerful and memorable.

Could you imagine what he could do in a psychological thriller opposite someone like Leonardo DeCaprio or Matt Damon?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/9/2012, 9:45 am

fantastica wrote:^ yes and no. I think for Chris, working w/ good actors is good for him. He said he never took acting lessons and he learned by watching good actors act. If he gets to work w/ them in person, it's even better. He's still young and he can learn from good actors around him and get better as time goes on. Also, when both actors are good, they give each other emotional feed backs, making hte scene even more realistic and genuine. I don't mind as long as the bad actors on glee do not work in scenes w/ him. I'd like to see him having scene partners w/ good actors only if possible. that's part of the reason I want klaine to breakup. Let blaine have scenes w/ someone else, like Artie, Tina, Sam, Rory, whatever. Keep him away from Chris.
It's not only about emotional feedback, the other actor, when he's good, literally gives you "material" to work on and you can use it for your own acting. It's much better than having to work on an emotion from nothing. You also get more energy, it's something you can experience in real life, when you happen to work with someone completely focused on what he is doing. When your co-worker is a dilettante, you have to make more efforts and the scene is ruined anyway.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/9/2012, 3:36 pm

Exactly. Everyone says that Chris helps their performance because he makes them believe, they don't need to pretend because he give them what they need for the appropriate reaction. Darren not only is incapable of resonating to a fellow actor , but is so wooden that he can't even take what Chris is sending him in a scene. It shows just how much he is out of a scene and how much he doesn't care or prepare for it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/9/2012, 8:01 pm

when you are acting opposite a really good actor, you feel like immersed in that fictional environment and you naturally become the character you are playing. if youa are playing opposite mr. derpy face you have to (1) not showing any wtf expression and (2) pretend to be looking at an imaginary character. It makjes acting so much more harder. You can just tell when Chris says he would love to do a scene w/ max all day if he could he absolteuly means it. compare it w/ his answer of playing w/ DC he said "we practice a lot - how can we appear genuine..." (don't recall the exact words but it's to that effect). He appears to be joking when ssaying that but if you watch him enough you know that CC often "jokes" about his true feelings when speaking it in a more seriously tone may upset somebody.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/9/2012, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/9/2012, 8:24 pm

Yeah, Darren tends to overact when he tries to be emotional (see facial expressions at Lima Bean in BIOTA). Then at scenes where he's supposed to show some subdued emotion, he comes across as wooden (e.g.when Blaine was supposed to feel happy for Kurt for being a NYADA finalist). Darren seems to go to extremes when it comes to portraying Blaine (it's either too much or too little). At other times he falls back into his default derpy mode where he essentially plays himself.

I agree that Chris loves working with good actors, as his praise of Mike O'Malley, Jane Lynch and Max Adler had shown. We never hear him say the same things about working with Darren. It's either Chris being honest or not wanting to encourage CrissColferites. I have a feeling that it's the former.

All this talk about how a good actor is capable of making his/her scene partner get immersed in the moment and respond in a genuine and natural manner to create a good scene reminds me of the 'Skip Beat' manga. Let just say that Darren's failure to respond properly to Chris must have been quite frustrating to him.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/10/2012, 4:01 pm

what could have been...

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 25 Tumblr_luj6k7MriZ1qinh2vo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/10/2012, 4:27 pm

^I'm kind of glad it didn't happen (even though we got stuck with Blaine). They don't look good together. lol
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/10/2012, 4:48 pm

You are wrong. Chord does not offend me - - Blaine does!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/10/2012, 5:24 pm

so how did I miss this?

“So is Criss deserving of the hoopla? As a star, yes, but as Broadway star, not yet. Slipping into Pierrepont’s purple bow tie seemed a stretch for Criss, who admittedly only had two weeks to rehearse. He twisted his tongue on several lines. He couldn’t land a joke. He danced less challenging choreography than his predecessor, Daniel Radcliffe, had. And, most surprisingly, he was out of tune in several numbers. His voice simply sounded thin — too weak for the large Hirschfeld Theatre and certainly too weak for the role of brazen schemer Finch. Criss did excel at harmonizing (his duets and trios were outstanding) and jumping on furniture, which are two things we already know he’s good at from Glee.”
— EW’s Darren Criss on Broadway review (x)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/10/2012, 5:41 pm

Carousel wrote:so how did I miss this?

“So is Criss deserving of the hoopla? As a star, yes, but as Broadway star, not yet. Slipping into Pierrepont’s purple bow tie seemed a stretch for Criss, who admittedly only had two weeks to rehearse. He twisted his tongue on several lines. He couldn’t land a joke. He danced less challenging choreography than his predecessor, Daniel Radcliffe, had. And, most surprisingly, he was out of tune in several numbers. His voice simply sounded thin — too weak for the large Hirschfeld Theatre and certainly too weak for the role of brazen schemer Finch. Criss did excel at harmonizing (his duets and trios were outstanding) and jumping on furniture, which are two things we already know he’s good at from Glee.”
— EW’s Darren Criss on Broadway review (x)

Awesome review!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next