Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 3:28 am

fantastica wrote:quoting myself:
fantastica wrote:NC... sings and dances and acts and writes and directs and produces and ... i can totally see that chris is a perfect fit for this role.

It will take a super multi-talented chris colfer to play a super multi-talented NC.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 3:28 am

fantastica wrote:^ both are award winning. chris is still very young. i see more awards in the future years.

glee who?

Very very true.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 3:31 am

coxfire wrote:They say that Noel is reknown for his great mind, elegance and originality, Chris couldn't be a better choice :D

Love your eloquence! All I can add: AHHHHH HRML-OFSHFVISERVRMVERKV  panik tonguue 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:33 am

kdjfajf lkjfdl afjdklsafjd sfjdsfl;k djfklj dsfja fkldjf djfdlkfj d

(won't hurt)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 3:38 am

Are you fucking kidding me...??

A Noel Coward biopic...?????!!!!!!!!!

One of the great theatrical talents of the 20th century..

And fuck, fuck, fuck..

possibly costarring with Ian McKellan, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce  ???

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Chris gets to try an English Accent.... Razz  Razz 

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce

Last edited by Buenos on 5/14/2014, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:38 am

^ where have you been sista!

did you guys notice that every single photo of NC has a long cigarettes attached to his finger?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:41 am

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:this is a friggin LEAD role folks!

ok just did some wikiing about Noel Coward:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No%C3%ABl_Coward:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 220px-Noel_Coward_Allan_warren_edit_1

will chris smoke?

No, they will fake it.

They have done this with non-smoking actors, actresses before.

Poor Brian and Cooper will miss their daddy.

how do they fake it? by digitally produce the smoke exhaling from the mouth?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 3:42 am

^ Uhm, no. Do do you have an example?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 3:45 am

fantastica wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:this is a friggin LEAD role folks!

ok just did some wikiing about Noel Coward:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No%C3%ABl_Coward:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 220px-Noel_Coward_Allan_warren_edit_1

will chris smoke?

No, they will fake it.

They have done this with non-smoking actors, actresses before.

Poor Brian and Cooper will miss their daddy.

how do they fake it? by digitally produce the smoke exhaling from the mouth?

I think by using fake cigarettes.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 3:48 am

The production is aiming for a late summer shoot in the UK while Stephenson’s production outfit B Good Picture Company is in discussion with private equity financiers, having developed the project with the British Film Institute (BFI), and with the support of the Noel Coward Estate.

So if this movie starts production in the late summer, I'm assuming that Chris will miss the first few episodes of
Glee for the 6th season.

He can't just as easily fly back and forth across the pond between Glee and his lead in the Noel Coward movie. 

I can live with that.   Razz  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 3:50 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  panik  panik  panik 

Chris being the LEAD!!!!!!!!!
British accent!!!!!!!
Possibly working with those big names!!!!!!!
Noel Coward was everything Chris is: writer, actor, singer(!!!!!!).

This role is perfect for Chris, and it will be a British production too, so Chris made an impression overseas as well (besides in Hollywood). And it really takes a good actor to, as an American, be chosen over a British actor in a British production.
 bounce 

Not even hiding: I'm legit crying over this.   crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 3:51 am

Buenos wrote:
The production is aiming for a late summer shoot in the UK while Stephenson’s production outfit B Good Picture Company is in discussion with private equity financiers, having developed the project with the British Film Institute (BFI), and with the support of the Noel Coward Estate.

So if this movie starts production in the late summer, I'm assuming that Chris will miss the first few episodes of
Glee for the 6th season.

He can't just as easily fly back and forth across the pond between Glee and his lead in the Noel Coward movie. 

I can live with that.   Razz  Razz

I can live with that too. Smile Smile 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:52 am

i assume they can create fake cigarettes that produces real smoke, but the smoker has to exhale too. how do you fake that? unless you have the actor holding the cigarettes all the time and not bothered to inhale once, but it won't look natural.

ColferInspired: are you still around? please educate us. very very curious. it seems that NC is a heavy chain smoker so cigarettes are probably a constant prop for this character.

maybe chris knows how to smoke (a lot of actors learn to smoke so they can play smokers when required but they don't have to smoke in real life) and he will use the real thing.

why am i so obsessed w/ smoking? i personally hate smoking, but i can't sleep. my mind is full of busy "alsdkjf dslkjf dsjfdsal; fjdasfj " stuff so might as well discuss about cigarettes/smoking here.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/14/2014, 3:54 am

Coward was famous for the smoking.

OMG, must go to work, but I am so happy! I grew up watching Coward films, some of his plays and humming his tunes so I am over the moon at this!

When we get this its own thread, please can we not even mention the G word or the B word or the D word in it its hallowed halls?!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 3:56 am

The project, which has already attracted sales heat for Metro International ahead of Cannes,

Our Baby may be headed to the European film festivals...I know, I know.. I'm projecting way ahead of time, but Chris  in a red carpet premiere at Cannes....!!

Don't judge me..!!

Ok, you can judge me.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 Empty Noel

Post  Kurt addict 5/14/2014, 3:57 am

So excited for chris it must have killed him not letting the cat out of the bag hehe
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:57 am

^ i am judging you so hard now... in a good way!  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 Empty Chris to star in Noel Coward biotopic

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 3:57 am

This news certainly deserves its own thread:

Glee's Chris Colfer to star in Noel Coward biopic
14 May, 2014 | By Andreas Wiseman

EXCLUSIVE: Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave in talks for biopic of UK playwright.

Glee star Chris Colfer is attached to lead cast in Noel (working title), the Noel Coward biopic scripted by Bent and Mrs Henderson Presents writer Martin Sherman.

Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce are in talks to join the cast of the feature, which portrays the early life and influences of the famously flamboyant British playwright, producer and wit who penned classics including Private Lives and Blithe Spirit and who worked on films including Brief Encounter and In Which We Serve, for which he was Oscar-nominated.

The project, which has already attracted sales heat for Metro International ahead of Cannes, will mark the second feature from British director Joe Stephenson, who recently completed drama Chicken, starring Yasmin Paige, Scott Chambers and Morgan Watkins.

Producers are Stephenson with Julia Valentine (The Silent Storm). Executive producers are Colin Vaines, Jane Wright, Jane Hawley, Enfys Dickinson, Daniel Pickering and Andrew Ornitharis.

The production is aiming for a late summer shoot in the UK while Stephenson’s production outfit B Good Picture Company is in discussion with private equity financiers, having developed the project with the British Film Institute (BFI), and with the support of the Noel Coward Estate.

Colfer is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast and Inphenate.

Metro International’s Cannes slate includes new documentaries That Sugar Film, about director Damon Gameau becoming a human guinea pig when he consumes the equivalent of 40 spoons of sugar a day for six weeks; Banksy heist film Daylight Robbery, produced by Christine Alderson (Snow in Paradise); and Julian Temple’s Rio 50 Degrees produced by Mike Downey and Sam Taylor of F&ME.

Nina Simone biopic Nina starring Zoe Saldana will receive a premiere market screening.
screendaily.com

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 2 Tumblr_n5jvppOS9S1qe476yo1_500

Sir Noël Peirce Coward (16 December 1899 – 26 March 1973) was an English playwright, composer, director, actor and singer, known for his wit, flamboyance, and what Time magazine called "a sense of personal style, a combination of cheek and chic, pose and poise".[1]
Born in Teddington, southwest London, Coward attended a dance academy in London as a child, making his professional stage début at the age of eleven. As a teenager he was introduced into the high society in which most of his plays would be set. Coward achieved enduring success as a playwright, publishing more than 50 plays from his teens onwards. Many of his works, such as Hay Fever, Private Lives, Design for Living, Present Laughter and Blithe Spirit, have remained in the regular theatre repertoire. He composed hundreds of songs, in addition to well over a dozen musical theatre works (including the operetta Bitter Sweet and comic revues), poetry, several volumes of short stories, the novel Pomp and Circumstance, and a three-volume autobiography. Coward's stage and film acting and directing career spanned six decades, during which he starred in many of his own works.
At the outbreak of the Second World War Coward volunteered for war work, running the British propaganda office in Paris. He also worked with the Secret Service, seeking to use his influence to persuade the American public and government to help Britain. Coward won an Academy Honorary Award in 1943 for his naval film drama, In Which We Serve, and was knighted in 1969. In the 1950s he achieved fresh success as a cabaret performer, performing his own songs, such as "Mad Dogs and Englishmen", "London Pride" and "I Went to a Marvellous Party".
His plays and songs achieved new popularity in the 1960s and 1970s, and his work and style continue to influence popular culture. Coward did not publicly acknowledge his homosexuality, but it was discussed candidly after his death by biographers including Graham Payn, his long-time partner, and in Coward's diaries and letters, published posthumously. The former Albery Theatre (originally the New Theatre) in London was renamed the Noël Coward Theatre in his honour in 2006.
More at Wikipedia.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 5/14/2014, 3:58 am

Buenos wrote:
The project, which has already attracted sales heat for Metro International ahead of Cannes,

Our Baby may be headed to the European film festivals...I know, I know.. I'm projecting way ahead of time, but Chris  in a red carpet premiere at Cannes....!!

Don't judge me..!!

Ok, you can judge me.
Not judging you I'm already thinking Oscar nominations
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:59 am

Georgette888 wrote:When we get this its own thread, please can we not even mention the G word or the B word or the D word in it its hallowed halls?!

pardon my ignorance. what are the G, B and D words?  Shocked 

i only know the F words  phr34r    such as "fantastic!" Smile

Edit: ok i figured it out. will never mention those 3 dreadful things again. who cares! chris is in a far better place now, and will be even better places come this summer!

do you guys remember he went to england last summer? we assume it's only for the book tour, but i think he also went for talks/audition/whatever that's related to this thing.

Last edited by fantastica on 5/14/2014, 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 4:02 am

I already made a thread in the movie section (posted it before I had read all the comments here, sorry), so maybe the mods either move this conversation there (although its not really necessary, as I posted all the info, pics and links there as well), or we can simply continu the flailing on that thread from now on?  neutre

Here's the link: chriscolferfanforum. chris-to-star-in-noel-coward-biotopic.   danse3 

Georgette888 wrote:When we get this its own thread, please can we not even mention the G word or the B word or the D word in it its hallowed halls?!
Fully agree. Let's try to keep the threads of Chris' other projects (plural, lol) as G,B and D free as possible.  fanny2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/14/2014, 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 4:02 am

This week, is seriously the best time to be a Chris fan. I also love, no one suspected this movie production. Hallelujah!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 4:03 am

I second this. This is about Chris and Chris only (plus obviously everything connected to the movie).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 5/14/2014, 4:05 am

Wow. I mean, WOW! That's a helluva role to land! This is the kind of film critics pay attention to. This could really launch his career in film. Remember Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Capote?

Last edited by Vir Cotto on 5/14/2014, 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry for the mention of you know what)
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 4:06 am

Chris stayed quiet because Chris Colfer doesn't tote his own horn ahead of time, he waits like a PROFESSIONAL until everything is in order..

Just can't get over how he heads a British production of a true  ICON of the  English people...Noel Coward...
Make no mistake, this is a prestigious production.

Can we please have Chris sing "Mad Dogs and Englishmen..."

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

Last edited by Buenos on 5/14/2014, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next