Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

+22
ChrisColfersLightning
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
Delight
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Lottie2303
mindschemez
ColferInspired
Georgette888
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Porcelain
tanita_mors
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
26 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 9 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  Buenos 10/11/2014, 3:55 am

ColferInspired wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=114101

This is Robodog and the trailer is coming soon.

Chris is still listed.

Yes I see that but the Ellen Page info was only recently added, ( not in the proof you supplied) and since her addition to the cast Chris' name was inexplicably missing in the revised sites that include her.  I imagine those are the most recent entries regarding "Robo  Dog".  Ron Pearlman who was announced as early as Chris as a voice is still listed in the site that added Ellen.

A verification with full cast including both Chris and Ellen would be greatly appreciated.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 9 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  Glorfindel 10/31/2014, 8:03 pm

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 9 Tumblr_nebzi5iDJJ1qe476yo1_500

Waylayers mentioning Chris again.
I really don't think we still have to worry about Chris not being in 'Robodog' anymore.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/31/2014, 11:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 9 Tumblr_nebzi5iDJJ1qe476yo1_500

Waylayers mentioning Chris again.
I really don't think we still have to worry about Chris not being in 'Robodog' anymore.

AGREED!!
bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/14/2014, 3:26 pm

Guys... I'm getting very anxious. IMDb is no longer listing Chris in the voice cast of Robodog, nor is it being listen under Chris's film credits. They haven't listed a replacement actor for his character, so I'm really confused as to what is going on.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/14/2014, 3:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:Guys... I'm getting very anxious. IMDb is no longer listing Chris in the voice cast of Robodog, nor is it being listen under Chris's film credits. They haven't listed a replacement actor for his character, so I'm really confused as to what is going on.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3501062/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Ouch, that is not good.  Shocked
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/14/2014, 3:42 pm

This makes absolutely no sense. This is the title character of the film! Even if they did replace Chris, you would think that they would at least list the character in the credits.

I'm wondering that this is all just stemming from that press release and because IMDb doesn't have confirmation of Chris still being associated with the project that they are just covering their bases. Still, some official word form someone would make me feel a lot better.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/14/2014, 4:49 pm

I'm getting way too nervous about this for my own good. unsure
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/14/2014, 4:52 pm

Best case scenario, just a snafu stemming from the accidental omission of Chris from the website.

Worst case scenario (which I am leaning towards):

For whatever reasons there was a reboot and they decided to replace Chris voice role and so have deleted all mention of him on the credits.  For all we know they have negotiated another actor to do the voice over already, and in the meantime, figure it would be best to leave the KC character uncredited to avoid further confusion when the new actor is announced for the role.

FWIW, if it was a simple error, IMO they would have corrected it by now.   Chris has not mentioned Robo Dog at all the last few months and the premiere is supposedly just two months away and counting: and I can't imagine the official website hasn't gotten countless emails from fans and others asking about Chris removal from the cast/credits.  PR would have dictated them issuing a statement and correction on the site if it was not intentional.

Whatever, since I've accepted the worst scenario as already happening if any good news comes forth it's all gravy.   coool

The one thing that I'm curious is that I read that the budget for this movie was about 40 million, not a huge amount for a 3D animated movie, but it seems odd there is not even a trailer floating out there or any advance previews/teasers by now. Which leads me to believe they are overhauling the movie and the January release date may be shelved and the movie postponed.

If friggin Colin Firth can be replaced (for the upcoming Paddington Bear movie)after much PR/ fanfare announcing him as Paddington Bear and even using him in early release advertisements , anybody can for these type of projects.  Shocked
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 11/14/2014, 5:01 pm

Well that's a real bummer.

As much as I was looking forward to this film, I'm inclined as well to believe that, for whatever reason, Chris is no longer associated with Robodog. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if later proven otherwise, but it's not looking good.

Welp, on to the next project!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/14/2014, 5:16 pm

Hmm, that doesn't look good. Is IMDb a professional site, with real inside information? Or does it just list media announcements and film credits?

Ah well, whatever is the case: at least Chris got paid for his voice work (so he can fund his possible own new projects), so there's that.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/14/2014, 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/14/2014, 5:17 pm

Okay... I also suspect Chris won't be in the movie anymore. Which is sad itself, because Chris really seemed excited. It is also weird no one makes an official statement and they basically just hide his removal from the credits.

Buuuut, I am kinda happy as well. The marketing for this movie is a disaster. The movies comes out in two month. There is no teaser, no trailer, no poster, no nothing. There is zero marketing. Not eve WoM. No one knows about this movie, except Chris and fans from the other actors. The chance that it will be a financial success are very low. And considering the movie will be released just around the time when Glee is about to end, I am kind of glad Chris is not linked to it in case it is a failure.

My two cents anyway. I am way more excited about Noel. In case he would be removed from that project... then we can talk, because I would probably transform into crying mess.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/14/2014, 5:39 pm

Yeah, it could be that it just didn't test well in front of early audiences/buyers/marketers, so they are revamping a bunch of things. Oh well, it happens. It could be a blessing in disguise. I'd be much more upset if it were Noel, but that seems to be moving merrily forward, if Joe Stephenson's tweets are anything to go by neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 11/14/2014, 5:52 pm

angelnessa wrote:Yeah, it could be that it just didn't test well in front of early audiences/buyers/marketers, so they are revamping a bunch of things. Oh well, it happens. It could be a blessing in disguise. I'd be much more upset if it were Noel, but that seems to be moving merrily forward, if Joe Stephenson's tweets are anything to go by neutre .

I would lean toward this reasoning as well, as these things happen (while acknowledging that it can just as equally be due to any other reason). I recall it was presented at Cannes earlier this year (or some other festival), and perhaps the distributors/investors they snagged there found reason for a tweak (tests, etc.).

I just wish Robodog wasn't so darn cute. Otherwise this would be a bit easier to digest.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/14/2014, 7:19 pm

Something weird is going on. Shocked

People who've checked the IMDb site still see Chris' name listed on the Robodog page (I just checked myself and I can see his name as well), and also on the KC character page.
But the movie is not listed Chris' own page on Chris’ own page, and for some people his name doesn't show up on the Robodog page either. 

What the heck is going on? blinkk
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 11/14/2014, 7:27 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Something weird is going on. Shocked

People who've checked the IMDb site still see Chris' name listed on the Robodog page (I just checked myself and I can see his name as well), and also on the KC character page.
But the movie is not listed Chris' own page on Chris’ own page, and for some people his name doesn't show up on the Robodog page either. 

What the heck is going on? blinkk

My guess is it's just a lag in synching, especially since the change seems fairly recent. The combined details page he appears on is a sub-page of the main data, where the change was made. Him being listed on everything was the norm up until this was discovered, so it's not too surprising that there are remnants in certain places. The fact that a change occurred at all is the most telling  :( .

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/14/2014, 8:28 pm

I've now checked it on both my iPad and laptop, using different browsers even, and his name isn't anywhere under Robodog on IMDB that I can find now. It's all just gotten really weird, and the production company has been very quiet. The only recent news we've had are the tweets from the group doing the music.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/14/2014, 8:51 pm

With the total lack of any PR push for this film (now two months from its release date) and not even a trailer released, I'm starting to feel better if Chris is no longer with the film. A good cast is no promise of a quality product - Lea's animated film is ample proof of that. This isn't a major production company and if the film flops, I'd rather not have Chris's name attached to it.

It's disappointing, because I think all of us are really looking forward to Chris's post-Glee career, but I don't want to see him in sub-par projects.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/14/2014, 10:49 pm

hmm... this is... what can i say, confusing? let's see what will happen later. i am not willing to make any judgment yet.

if the movie flops, i will be so happy that chris isn't in it.

if the preview/testing shows that it may likely flop, then no new voices will make any difference. for animations, the visuals standout more than the voices. to be honest, if Frozen is voiced by any new name actors, it would still succeed. all the old Disney hits - never noticed who did the voices. it was only a recent trend that big name celebrities start to do voice work because it's an easy job w/ good pay. for me, no matter who does the voice, if it's a bad movie it's going to flop.

nobody knows what's really happening. could be legal issues. whatever. let's wait and see. or not see.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/14/2014, 10:50 pm

ps. does chris' own page had the robodog project shown on it before? or was it never on it?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/15/2014, 1:40 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3501062/combined

Chris is still listed as the voice of KC.

And last time I saw this the other voices were not added. So, it looks like it was recently updated and added these other cast members.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/15/2014, 9:10 am

Not sure how trustworthy this is (as I can't read Japanese, lol), but this is from tumblr:

"ROBODOG" Release date: Spring in 2016?

ロボドッグの公開は2016年春?配給会社も未定のようです。
http://www.bunkatsushin.com/varieties/article.aspx?id=2895

Here is an interview with Mr.Maeda(the CEO of Marza Animation Planet: the production company of “Robodog”) and Mr. Shinohara(Marketing & Sales Division Manager of the company), October 20, 2014.

They said Robodog’s release date will be in 2016 while IMDB shows it as 14 January 2015.  

-Which company is distributing the film and when is the release date?

Mr. Shinohara: “Distributors are not yet determined but in the US, we are in negotiations with several major and mini-major companies. All of them are listening to us with interest. We aim to release the film around spring in 2016.”
x

Maybe the "2016" part is a mistake from either the CEO or the writer of the article, or maybe not. saispa

Hopefully there's a press release soon or something else that will clear all this up, because it's getting real confusing.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/15/2014, 1:02 pm

so confusing! let's just wait and see. besides what else can we do?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/15/2014, 1:09 pm

Even the spring of 2015 makes more sense considering they have done zero PR/advertising for the movie so far.

Don't quote me but I seem to vaguely recall a Chris interview during the 2014 LOS tour where he mentioned Robo Dog might not be ready for 2015, or something to that effect.

Who knows?  If the movie is far from close to release there is no urgency to update cast credits... saispa

Agree it is very confusing.

Last edited by Buenos on 11/18/2014, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 11/15/2014, 1:09 pm

When I saw Chris in July - I asked him if he had heard anything about a release date for Robodog. He said that he hadn't, but he thought it might be out in 2016. So who knows. blinkk
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/24/2014, 5:21 am

Hardly a shocker to see that that there is no way Robo Dog is being released in January.   There hasn't even been any official press releases, or advertising, much less as much as a trailer of the movie.  Shocked

Probably January 2016 is more likely.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next