Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

+22
ChrisColfersLightning
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
Delight
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Lottie2303
mindschemez
ColferInspired
Georgette888
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Porcelain
tanita_mors
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
26 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 10 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  Buenos 12/29/2014, 6:51 am

Interesting...,

http://www.timelessfilms.co.uk/genre/all-films

The Timeless film site has removed all mention of Robo Dog from its website, it's no longer listed as one of their upcoming films.

It's disappeared completely.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 10 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/29/2014, 7:02 am

Buenos wrote:Interesting...,

http://www.timelessfilms.co.uk/genre/all-films

The Timeless film site has removed all mention of Robo Dog from its website, it's no longer listed as one of their upcoming films.

It's disappeared completely.

I was looking forward to watching Robo Dog. Hopefully it will still be release.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/29/2014, 9:02 am

This is strange, and not very encouraging. unsure 

Maybe they're just postponing the release because there are some things they want to change after the first showings of the movie to the distributors, who might have had some criticism (whether Chris' voice work is part of those changes or not).
And they won't put up the page again untill everything's sorted out, especially legally (if actors are involved with the changes and having their names listed or not listed violates their contracts).

But it is odd they took the page offline completely so shortly after they announced Ellen Page so proudly.

Ah well, time will tell. saispa 
If Chris is still in it when it's released at last, all's well that ends well. Otoh when Chris is really gone from the movie then maybe it's for the best, with all these shenanigans going on bts.

At least Chris got paid for his work, so noone can take that away from him. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/29/2014, 9:10 am

What's more puzzling to me is that when I checked the IMDB page for Robodog the other day, Chris is no longer on the list of cast/voice actors for the movie. I hope it's nothing to worry about. humhum
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/29/2014, 2:19 pm

sounds like this film has a lot of issues. we have no idea.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 12/29/2014, 2:45 pm

As has been said Chris was paid for it and from what we heard everyone was pleased with his voice over, maybe it's going straight to DVD , I hope it gets released but if not ce la vie, there is still plenty to look forward to including his audio of the next book!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/29/2014, 2:59 pm

This is the movie business. It's not uncommon for film projects to fall through, or get shelved (sometimes for years) before some kind of release. There could be financial issues, or legal disputes. We probably won't ever know the whole story.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/29/2014, 3:13 pm

There is obviously alot going on behind the scenes.   Marzo Animation is the production company and it's their baby, whereas Timeless Films was the "representative" from the UK that was working on the distribution deals.

It's interesting that IMBD also says there is a live action  concurrent project also in post production with a similar premise and as of now, with even the same title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3591946/fullcredits

Idly wonder if that also has something to do with the delays....

IMBD is notoriously inaccurate; For the Robo Dog movie (with Chris initially) they still have January 15, 2015 as the release date and we know that is not likely at this point.  In addition, in the Timeless website  before they deleted all mention of Robo Dog, they  had announced not only Ellen Page but Edward Olmos as being a voice villain for the movie, and he's probably the biggest name after Ron and Ellen.  However IMBD has not yet included him in their revised cast listing (while removing Chris).

ON the side of caution, for now I'll just assume (again) that Chris is off the project; more than anything it's due to his management team removing anything related to "Robo Dog" from his own official website.  That to me is the biggest red flag.

Having said that, never say never and we won't know for sure until somebody officially announces something.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/29/2014, 5:25 pm

I confess I had forgotten about Robot Dog, as I see things are still quite unclear. And is almost January and haven't seen any promotion, nor Chris has tweeted something about it. But ,I'm thinking in Lea and her animation film Dorothy's Returns, that I know was done years ago, but the premiere wasn't until this year. So will be this the same situation? It would be nice if there is an announcement of what's going on; if Chris is off the project, or the project was postponed?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/30/2014, 7:53 am

Buenos wrote:It's interesting that IMBD also says there is a live action  concurrent project also in post production with a similar premise and as of now, with even the same title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3591946/fullcredits

Idly wonder if that also has something to do with the delays....
Quite possible. Maybe the big bosses behind Robodog didn't want to compete with a movie with a similar theme (even though it's live action vs. animation) that came out at about the same time.
So they postponed Robodog a year.

Still doesn't explain the sloppy diddling around of some actors' names on various websites, or whatever is behind all that.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/3/2015, 4:23 pm

Buenos wrote:There is obviously alot going on behind the scenes.   Marzo Animation is the production company and it's their baby, whereas Timeless Films was the "representative" from the UK that was working on the distribution deals.

This reminds me that I saw it pointed out elsewhere that Robodog is not listed on Marza's website either x.

Also interesting, from their About:

Currently, in 2014, we are producing "Robodog", the company's first 'completely original' feature film. From concept to development to writing, boarding and production, we are responsible for it all in-house.

I know their forte was more so in gaming, so as this project is completely new to them and quite the undertaking, perhaps there were simply some unforeseen setbacks in the filmmaking process for them. Knowing that it was all in-house all the way down to the writing, I imagine after working in that bubble there was a bit of an eye opening with that similar live action film.

This makes me feel a little better (as opposed to it initially seeming like Chris was detached for whatever reason). Perhaps this project just has to stay quiet until well after the live action is released. And once it comes the time for this film to come out all will be fine (i.e. all kinks worked out, Chris still the cute robodog.)

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/4/2015, 2:47 am

mindschemez wrote:
Buenos wrote:There is obviously alot going on behind the scenes.   Marzo Animation is the production company and it's their baby, whereas Timeless Films was the "representative" from the UK that was working on the distribution deals.

This reminds me that I saw it pointed out elsewhere that Robodog is not listed on Marza's website either x.

Also interesting, from their About:

Currently, in 2014, we are producing "Robodog", the company's first 'completely original' feature film. From concept to development to writing, boarding and production, we are responsible for it all in-house.

I know their forte was more so in gaming, so as this project is completely new to them and quite the undertaking, perhaps there were simply some unforeseen setbacks in the filmmaking process for them. Knowing that it was all in-house all the way down to the writing, I imagine after working in that bubble there was a bit of an eye opening with that similar live action film.

This makes me feel a little better (as opposed to it initially seeming like Chris was detached for whatever reason). Perhaps this project just has to stay quiet until well after the live action is released. And once it comes the time for this film to come out all will be fine (i.e. all kinks worked out, Chris still the cute robodog.)

I hope you're right! But I'm prepared for it to be completely shelved.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/6/2015, 4:37 am

Marza had done IIRC some adapted animation movie before Robo Dog, but this seemed to be much  more ambitious, as in developing and marketing  something original for the international market,  thus getting American/English speaking voices for the characters from the get go. 

I suspect with an original 3D animated movie it was  a major undertaking , and maybe some of it is being rebooted and may take more months of production.

One speculation I read is that Chris sings in the movie, and that they might have gotten into some grayish area because legally any recordings must be OK'd by Sony before his commitment to Glee is over.  That would explain deleting all mention of him until his Glee contract is over, since technically he can't musically record anything publicly for anyone else for commercial use nor be used to promote another musical project.   Add to that the other Robo Dog movie with many similarities including working title , and since the project was nowhere near completed with all these snafus Marza decided to lay low and avoid any potential legal pitfalls.

Well, it's speculation as much as any we can throw out there... saispa
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2015, 12:24 am

http://dailychriscolfer.tumblr.com/page/2

On the book tour someone tweeted that they asked Chris about Robodog and he said the financing fell through.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/14/2015, 7:27 am

This is the tweet:

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 10 Tumblr_nrgerb5wG21u88r6co1_500

Ah well, at least Chris still got paid for his voice-work for the movie.  suure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/14/2015, 7:38 am

:(

And I was so looking forward to it too...

*Fingers crossed that Noel doesn't end up with the same fate*
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2015, 4:49 pm

I think we are safe with the Noel film.   coool

OTOH, not all that shocked  that the financing didn't work out on Robo Dog, because the original budget for this projected 3D animated movie IIRC was 40 Million, which is very low if you want to compete with the Big boys in the international box office market.  My guess is they figured out they would need anywhere from 50-100 % more $$$ to make the movie up to snuff and they blinked.

Outside of Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Warners, etc, the animated movie box office is hard to break into, and some recent  independents such as the Oz movie with Lea bombed.  Heck even DreamWorks has had some less than stellar recent results before "HOME".

Japan has their own robust anime film industry domestically, but Robo Dog seemed an ambitious bid for a more cross over appeal in foreign markets (thus the American stars  such as Chris, Ron Pearlman and Ellen Page voicing) and that for that I suspect the cost projections became prohibitive so they pulled the plug.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10