Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

+22
ChrisColfersLightning
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
Delight
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Lottie2303
mindschemez
ColferInspired
Georgette888
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Porcelain
tanita_mors
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
26 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 8 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  valkeakuulas 10/8/2014, 12:30 pm

Yes! Ellen needs to put her promises into action. Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 8 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  Buenos 10/8/2014, 12:52 pm

It is Robo Dog since the facepage includes Ron Pearlman among the cast for the movie.  Ellen Page is good, I love her!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/8/2014, 12:55 pm

Mystery solved, it is RoboDog. I'll try and get a link.

http://www.timelessfilms.co.uk/films/robodog

They've added some talented names Smile .

ETA: Chris is no longer listed there. I hope that's just an oversite.

Last edited by angelnessa on 10/8/2014, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/8/2014, 12:56 pm

Ellen Page is in Robodog!

The Story

KC arrives as a special birthday gift from the well-to-do Morgan family for their only daughter, ASHLEY. From the moment that KC arrives, everyone is thrilled and charmed by his antics. He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better. KC quickly becomes Ashley’s BFF… Best Furry Friend. He leads a charmed life, but it’s not the life of a dog. It’s the life of a high-end toy. When KC takes a tumble while showing off, he gets damaged and is sent out to be repaired. He doesn’t realise it, but his life is about to change forever.

After being dropped off by the tearful Ashley at a robotics shop run by MIKE LUNA and his daughter IZZY (ELLEN PAGE), KC sits alone on the repair shelf waiting to be fixed. The earthy repair shop couldn’t be more different from the opulent Morgan home. KC feels like a fish out of water when a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows. It’s MARSHALL (RON PERLMAN), the Luna family guard dog. Marshall is a gruff old mutt who takes an immediate dislike to the young KC. KC’s not used to being challenged and dismisses Marshall. At the same time, KC can’t help be somewhat fascinated by the first “real” dog that he’s ever met.

Shortly after KC is repaired, he is stolen from the robotics shop by a couple of opportunistic bikers, VIK (RAINN WILSON) and BOBBY (STEVE ZAHN). As the ever the dutiful guard dog, Marshall takes the theft personally and pursues the bikers, determined that KC won’t be stolen on his watch. After finding the thieves at their hideout, KC and MARHALL escape into uncharted territory, all the while bickering like an old married couple.

Pursued by Vik and Bobby, KC and Marshall are thrown into a series of thrilling adventures. They battle with a pack of street dogs in an abandoned iron foundry, led by an old enemy TRAZEN (EDWARD JAMES OLMOS), get swept down a turbulent river, all the while being pursued by Vik and Bobby who, fuelled by revenge, are getting closer by the day. The only way that KC and Marshall will survive is if they learn to work together and trust each other. Can they put aside their differences long enough to elude their pursuers and make it back to their respective homes?

ROBODOG is a story of friendship. It’s about appreciating what’s inside, regardless of the packaging. An old dog can have his preconceptions overturned and become young again, and a mechanical dog made of circuits, gears and carbon fibre can prove himself to be loyal, brave and trustworthy.

source
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/8/2014, 1:01 pm

Hmmm... they forgot to list someone in the cast. Who could that be? dryy
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 10/8/2014, 2:19 pm

hmmm concerned that Chris' name is gone from their site. It used to be listed in several places... the intro, cast list, and synopsis. unsure humhum

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/8/2014, 2:25 pm

I'm fairly confident that it was an editing error. But I'm going to admit that I'm just a trifle anxious at the omission.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/8/2014, 2:28 pm

mindschemez wrote:hmmm concerned that Chris' name is gone from their site. It used to be listed in several places... the intro, cast list, and synopsis. unsure humhum

Me too. I could see it as an oversite if it was only left out of one area, but it's not anywhere on the page, when it was there before. The Waylayers did mention Chris along with Ellen in their tweet this morning though, so hopefully this doesn't mean anything ominous, like Chris was dropped from the project unsure .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/8/2014, 11:08 pm

Gotta be honest, I am a little concerned too. Shocked :(
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/8/2014, 11:37 pm

M&M wrote:Gotta be honest, I am a little concerned too. Shocked :(

I am too/ I am a bit worried,it may change into being very worried. :( Shocked
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/9/2014, 1:04 am

It's beyond odd they omit the TITLE CHARACTER voice from the site.

Unfortunately there is a precedent, as big  a name as Academy award winner Colin Firth was replaced in the upcoming Paddington movie as the leading character's voice.    Shocked
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 1:28 am

Chris was doing this during the weekend, so it would not have interfered with any Glee filming.

I don't know what is going on. saispa

Has anyone thought of contacting them?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 4:06 am

Robodog | Timeless Films
The Story
KC arrives as a special birthday gift from the well-to-do Morgan family for their only daughter, ASHLEY. From the moment that KC arrives, everyone is thrilled and charmed by his antics. He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better. KC quickly becomes Ashley’s BFF… Best Furry Friend. He leads a charmed life, but it’s not the life of a dog. It’s the life of a high-end toy. When KC takes a tumble while showing off, he gets damaged and is sent out to be repaired. He doesn’t realise it, but his life is about to change forever.
After being dropped off by the tearful Ashley at a robotics shop  run by MIKE LUNA and his daughter IZZY (ELLEN PAGE), KC sits alone on the repair shelf waiting to be fixed. The earthy repair shop couldn’t be more different from the opulent Morgan home. KC feels like a fish out of water when a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows. It’s MARSHALL (RON PERLMAN), the Luna family guard dog. Marshall is a gruff old mutt who takes an immediate dislike to the young KC. KC’s not used to being challenged and dismisses Marshall. At the same time, KC can’t help be somewhat fascinated by the first “real” dog that he’s ever met.
Shortly after KC is repaired, he is stolen from the robotics shop by a couple of opportunistic bikers, VIK (RAINN WILSON) and BOBBY (STEVE ZAHN). As the ever the dutiful guard dog, Marshall takes the theft personally and pursues the bikers, determined that KC won’t be stolen on his watch. After finding the thieves at their hideout, KC and MARHALL escape into uncharted territory, all the while bickering like an old married couple.
Pursued by Vik and Bobby, KC and Marshall are thrown into a series of thrilling adventures. They battle with a pack of street dogs in an abandoned iron foundry, led by an old enemy TRAZEN (EDWARD JAMES OLMOS), get swept down a turbulent river, all the while being pursued by Vik and Bobby who, fuelled by revenge, are getting closer by the day. The only way that KC and Marshall will survive is if they learn to work together and trust each other. Can they put aside their differences long enough to elude their pursuers and make it back to their respective homes?
ROBODOG is a story of friendship. It’s about appreciating what’s inside, regardless of the packaging. An old dog can have his preconceptions overturned and become young again, and a mechanical dog made of circuits, gears and carbon fibre can prove himself to be loyal, brave and trustworthy.

Still no mention of Chris, which is just weird.

He is one of the leads.

I have no idea what is going on.

Okay, these are bigger names than Chris, but you would not leave out the name of your lead character.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 4:47 am

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 8 Tumblr_nd4ul5SSir1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 4:51 am

Robodog was launched at the Market at Cannes this year and Chris is definitely in the cast.

The movie is already finished as it had it's debut there.

Guess all this is just an oversight of someone's.

Someone found this:

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_nd4t91YPQt1rmz998
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/9/2014, 5:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:Robodog was launched at the Market at Cannes this year and Chris is definitely in the cast.

The movie is already finished as it had it's debut there.

Guess all this is just an oversight of someone's.

Someone found this:

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_nd4t91YPQt1rmz998

I am glad it was an oversight,and not that Chris had been replaced. Would of been beyond disappointed if that had been the case,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 5:23 am

I had a feeling the film was already finished as there is a release date. neutre 

And I remember reading somewhere they were taking it to the Market in Cannes.

Chris and the others probably had to do just the voice work. which Chris did over the week ends while still filming Glee.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2014, 8:43 am

i'm just guessing he simply isn't big enough star. all the people mentioned have very long or very notable and successful movie/tv carriers, have been in hit's or blockbusters. while chris is successful, he isn't really that famous. particularly in countries that glee hasn't aired or his books haven't been published. he is still a small time celebrity in global terms. as he would say, he is a "big town somewhat somebody".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/9/2014, 8:51 am

My theory is that they simply accidentally erased his name when they added Ellen Page's in the press release/movie page (as she seems to be a recent addition, or at least they released her name only a few days ago, right?).
Chris was probably positioned right at the beginning of the cast summary, and now Ellen is (I think she was supposed to be named right after Chris and before Ron Perlman, or even right at the beginning with Chris next and then Ron, etc).

The tweet from Waylayers is comforting as it confirms Chris is still in the movie (or they wouldn't have named him: if Chris had been replaced for some reason the news/gossip would have been known to most people involved in the movie, and Waylayers certainly wouldn't have tweeted his name explicitly or they would have been corrected by someone from the movie's company's PR).
But I admit I too will be glad when I see Chris’s name back on the movie’s own page. unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 8:19 pm

But the movie debuted at the Market at Cannes means the movie is long finished.

You can't debut an unfinished movie.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/9/2014, 8:27 pm

i remember chris doing the voice thing LONG ago so his work is already done. the omission is likely due to the mistake of some poor over-worked, never-paid intern writing this thing up.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/9/2014, 8:27 pm

relax people. chris colfer IS in this movie and he's the lead voicer!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/10/2014, 7:35 pm

Fantastica, I so hope you are right about all this.

Yes, we know Chris recorded back in February. And yes, thus could be much ado abouth nothing including an internal snafu.

However voice overs do get replaced, hell they even do it in live action movies were the real actor's voice is dubbed.

http://whatculture.com/film/9-actors-who-were-cruelly-dubbed-out-of-their-own-roles.php

So yes it's probably just a mix up but I just want a verification at this point!!

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/10/2014, 10:59 pm

Buenos wrote:Fantastica, I so hope you are right about all this.

Yes, we know Chris recorded back in February.  And yes, thus could be much ado abouth nothing including an internal snafu.

However voice overs do get replaced, hell they even do it in live action movies were the real actor's voice is dubbed.  

http://whatculture.com/film/9-actors-who-were-cruelly-dubbed-out-of-their-own-roles.php

So yes it's probably just a mix up but I just want a verification at this point!!

The film debuted at the Market in Cannes this year, Chris is listed in the cast.

The film is done, completed.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/11/2014, 12:33 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=114101

This is Robodog and the trailer is coming soon.

Chris is still listed.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum