Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Buenos 2/11/2014, 4:59 pm

Nothing against the Noobs but the idea that they have a major  role in the plans for S6 is just wishful thinking.

They may engage older/original characters in some Lima/McKinley/choir SL in S6, and TBH, I sort of expect it, but to think the *particular* characters of Marley/Jake/Ryder/Unique/Kitty are going to warrant something accommodated specifically for them makes zero sense.  If the actors are still available they will use them again, but if not they will get replacement Glee characters for the 'revival' of ND.  

If the Noobs continue as regulars for  S6 would be a stretch but that would be the only shred of hope I would hold on to if I were a stan of theirs.  Then again, in the past other regulars were reduced to 3 or 4 appearances in a whole season.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Nellya 2/11/2014, 6:18 pm

fantastica wrote:welcome Nellya! thanks for the detailed number analysis.  Smile  a statistician by profession?  

2 more weeks to the next episode. that's all the number i can come up with.

Thank you. Kind of, psychology is my profession and there are a lot of statistics involved. I prefer to read most of the time, but give me some numbers and I'm there.  Smile 

It's really quiet, so different from the last weeks. I don't know if I should be annoyed by the lack of spoilers, or glad because it's likely that Chris is filming.  fanny2 

Nellya
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/11/2014, 7:19 pm

if the noobs are really NEW that will be ok. problem is they are all 2.0 version of the old cast. can't they come up w/ better, more interesting, VIRGIN characters?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/11/2014, 7:25 pm

Nellya wrote:Hi there, sorry if I chime in, but I love numbers and wondered about DC's numbers on Fyeahgleeclub myself a while ago.
Hi Nellya!  koukou
Welcome to this board.

And thank you for your numbers and info. I didn't know that FYG was related to ONTD_Glee and that's why Darren fans don't visit that site much. That does indeed change a lot and would explain why he doesn't get so many likes and reblogs on that site as I expected.
Only shows how difficult it is to get good solid numbers on fandom and (dis)likes.  fanny2 

But I still stand by my impression that the popularity of Darren with the general Glee audience/fandom is not nearly as large as Lea's or Chris', plus there's certainly much Blaine dislike/hate out there as well to tip the scale even more (one of the few things most separate characters and ships outside of Klaine agree on is too much Blaine on Glee, lol).
Darren may have a big fandom (although not as big as it is loud imo) but they alone can't keep Glee afloat: just look at the dropping ratings and iTunes sales. Glee needs the general audience and the old (pre-Blee) Gleeks too to get enough viewers.

Now that I think of it some more: Darren's fandom being apparently so separated from the main Gleeks fandoms (who's individual characters/actors fandoms coincide rather peacefully except for the crazy shippers), probably because Blaine gets so much hate everywhere (like from ONTD_Glee), doesn't negate the fact that he has a large fanbase, but it's also not very good for the show. It creates a very big point of difference and dichotomy for Glee and its fandom, maybe even the GA.
So many people left the show disappointed after season 3, often with pain in their hearts, because of Glee becoming Blee and their favorites getting nothing. And those who stayed for e.g. Lea, Chris and Naya only watched the NY edits, which did nothing for the ratings. Glee needs to fix this.

Bringing the narrative to New York completely is only the first step. The most logical step after that would be to start highlighting the right characters/actors again, something they also seem to be doing now by bringing back the originals (or at least some of them on a more regular basis).
IMO part of that next step should also be putting Blam on the backburner, while bringing Rachel and especially Kurt back to the foreground again. And that will be the big question after the 100th.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/11/2014, 8:53 pm

Nellya wrote:
fantastica wrote:welcome Nellya! thanks for the detailed number analysis.  Smile  a statistician by profession?  

2 more weeks to the next episode. that's all the number i can come up with.

Thank you. Kind of, psychology is my profession and there are a lot of statistics involved. I prefer to read most of the time, but give me some numbers and I'm there.  Smile 

It's really quiet, so different from the last weeks. I don't know if I should be annoyed by the lack of spoilers, or glad because it's likely that Chris is filming.  fanny2 

Hi Nellya.  baibai

If Chris is enjoying himself he still won't tweet if it is filming with Darren is my guess. They might be shooting a lot of Klaine and he doesn't want to encourage the CrissColfer tinhatters.

My feeling is Blaine will be with Kurt a lot as Chris is the strongest actor.

Blam didn't work and did no favours for Chord or Darren.

If they do Nyada scenes, Kurt and Blaine will most probably be in the same classes.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Empty twitter discussion

Post  awesomenessthatischriscol 2/11/2014, 9:58 pm

Nellya wrote:
My point is, in this instance I don't think FYG is a good indication of who is popular, not if you look at the bigger picture.
What's interesting too, is that the Most Reblogged Actors on Tumblr list of 2013 included both Darren and Chris, but Darren was number 13, while Chris was number 22. I think that speaks against the coattails theorie and has more to do with Darren being so active and out and about, there is literally more to reblog, no matter how big or small the event.

Two last things I find very interesting. Firstly, the numbers of the news blogs. Chriscolfernews has 3.568 follower, the new one has 670 follower and Darrencrissnews has 9.620 follower. Despite that, Chris fans were being more active on twitter during the PCA's - Chris got a little over a million and Darren got a little over 900.000 on twitter. Secondly, Chris is much more active on instagram than Darren, but Darren has more followers - Chris has 375.000 and Darren has 637.000. All of this tells me that it is very complicated to get an accurate representation of what or who's how popular by looking at social media. The main impression I get from looking around is just that both are very popular, for very different reasons.

Sorry that got so long and very numbers heavy.  blushh

I agree with the tumblr numbers being more about the amount of new material there is post, gif and to reblog.

For Glee, Chris/Kurt got minimal screen time in the season four episodes at the start on the year to the last episode of the season when it aired in April? May?, but Darren/Blaine got a lot of screen time, so again there was a lot more variety to post, gif and reblog for the Darren fans. Same again with Glee season five. Darren has had more individual screen time than Chris, so more gifs, to post and reblog. (Klaine scenes would count for both, but less Kurt/Chris fans reblog/post these)

During the hiatus, Chris had a very quiet summer and there were literally so few photos and pics it was like a drought had hit. Darren went to a great many events, and loves having photos taken. He got a few presenting gigs too, so there was an awful lot more for his fans to post, make new gifs and also reblog.

Chris fans were expecting to have a lot to reblog of Chris, when his second book was released and would, like with TLOS1, have had a lot of interviews and book promotions to gif, but with the tragic loss of Cory, Chris showed a great respect by keeping all his promotions to a very bare minimum, and also doing a very very short book signing tour which he did not promote or advertise, so again very few pictures, and with book stores, they don't allow posed photos, so any photos we got were often blurry and there were not many, also these types of photos are more personal to individual fans and their stories, so once reblogged they tend to not do circuits of constant reblogging.

The same with Autumn and Winter 2013 to present day. Chris has kept himself to himself, probably because of having to complete his book, so very limited time to attend events and parties, etc, and he also tends to avoid the cameras when he does attend anything, especially when it comes to private parties and events, whereas Darren has been to a lot of red carpet events and other events, and enjoys having pictures taken at private parties too, so more material for the Darren fans, and still the on-going drought for the Chris fans.

I remember being extremely surprised that Chris was on the most reblogged Tumblr list at all, as there had been such a drought. It was great to actually see him there.

What it means again though, is that places like tumblr, etc, are not indications of a celebrities popularity, so much as an indication of which celebrity has more prolific material for fans to post and reblog.

As for instagram, Darren has had his instagram for quite a while, whereas Chris' is relatively new, so people are less aware that he has an instagram. I certainly wouldn't say Darren is less active on instagram than Chris however, it actually has been the very opposite. Darren was and is constantly posting new set pics, selfies, vines and videos of himself, and this was and is prolific during Glee filming. Chris has posted very few and much more intermitently. (Don't be confused with the number of posts on Darren's instagram. There are quite a few that have disappeared, so he either archives or deletes pictures.)

Chris is steadily increasing his followers and he is rising in numbers faster than Darren. Also, again, it is about what sort of picture is being posted and not the amount of pictures that are being posted on the instagram accounts.

The majority of Darren's pics on instagram are of himself. Selfies are the most popular and liked type of pictures on instagram, so again there is much more for fans to 'like' and to take to other sites for posting. Chris photos, bless him, are mainly of his cat, his crafting, and things other than selfies, so again less people will go and like those because they want pics of Chris, not his cat, and also there is less for fans to keep posting and reblogging on other sites, again for the same reasons.

Another thing about instagram, is that only people who have certain gadgets like I-Pad and I-Phones can have an instagram account and therefore follow their favorite celebrity. So again this discludes instagram of being a good indicator of a celeb's popularity.

Twitter is a much better indication of popularity, (but again not perfect) and yes, Darren came to Glee a season and a bit after Chris, but a lot less fans were using twitter during season 1 and 2. Twitter became more popular with fans around the end of season two and all the cast began to get a lot more followers. Darren's twitter followers increased massively when he joined Glee and he was at the height of his popularity, and as with most fandoms, new cast members, especially if they are popular, tend to be followed by fans of all the cast of that show, and that is what happened with Darren. (I have to say also, that Darren was caught quite a few times using 'get followers fast' spam bots, which also contained many 'phishing' spam bot accounts and his followers list would suddenly gain tens of thousands of followers over a couple of days, and this happened on a regular basis, and I must say that I blame him for the amount of fans whose twitter accounts are being phished and who end up DM'ing their followers with tweets that look like they are from them, but are in fact, virus phishing links, GRRRRRR)

Darren's fans use twitter much more than the majority of the rest of the cast's fans, bar perhaps Lea, so again it is still hard to judge, because so many fans do not have twitter accounts, however, even though Chris' fans are not massive twitter users, Chris has just steadily and constantly increased his followers, and was about 500,000 ahead of Darren at the beginning of last year, but is now nearly 700,000 ahead of Darren*. This indicates that people outside of the main Glee fandoms are following Chris (Hope that makes sense).

I don't think there is any real way of finding out a celebrities true popularity in comparison to another's, especially when it comes to the General, non-fandom audiences.

I honestly think trying to reduce all this to 'numbers' is rather a futile exercise.

(*When Cory died, Lea's followers increased by millions, but also, all the other cast members, including Darren and Chris, had very sudden and massive rise in their followers, so all of them were affected by this rubber-necking)

Last edited by awesomenessthatischriscol on 2/12/2014, 9:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

awesomenessthatischriscol
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/12/2014, 9:16 am

^So basically,... we're back to square 1, lol.  Smile 

I think fandom and general popularity is something that has been discussed numerous (hehe, see what I did there?) times on several forums and such.
Although I do think that the easy to spot patterns (like the noobs never catching on in the majority of the fandom and media) have some solid proof to back them up, when it comes to the nuances in popularity of the more close together cast members we can only make educated guesses based on the few things we know.  saispa 

(JFYI: I heard about the fake twitter followers of Darren too, and at the time it seemed to be a trick from his PR team, just like his tour supposedly selling out when it didn't in reality. And coincidentally: I read on tumblr just yesterday that someone checked the origin of a few Blaine/Darren worldwide trends on twitter, and they seem to be heavily supported and being able to trend because of many bot twitter accounts. Make of that what you will.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/12/2014, 9:44 am

I am sure that all of the actors have higher twitter numbers than actual followers. For example, I have had two accounts that follow Chris for years, and added a couple more during pca voting. I am sure there are others out there like me.

I am not surprised to hear that people use bots to get Darren trending after all the bots they used for the pcas.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/13/2014, 12:21 am

Same here! I follow Chris on two twitter accounts, But for Darren, I have in fact seen many many many bots devoted to trend and follow him, and as for Darren trending a lot, IT is only because a lot of people have the name Darren, it is very common after all :P But it is true for every celebrity having more followers that are people, Id cut down a few thousand followers for each celeb out there, only thing I can say for Darren and his fans is that they are not loud and they both have a huge thing with making things seem to be more than they appear, Darren has a very good PR, and he also is a big talker so I have no doubt that he knows a lot of people, and in holly wood it is good to know people, but the bad thing is people who know you because you are 'known' at that moment will lose interest with you in two minutes if you do not have the talent to keep you around, many people loves a good talker and smoocher which is what Darren is, but as for them wanting him to be a big role in their movie or main character for a show, or making music with him is out of the question, mostly they give him a guess role while he is known on Glee and ignore him once Glee ends, that is how holly wood works, they only talk to stars that are 'relevant' and that are out there, Chris is not that 'in your face' media whore type of celebrity, he is respected highly because he is not only classy, but down to earth and funny just as much as he is serious and a business man with natural gifted talent as an actor and writer, Chris has a plan and while he do not be at every envelope opening (Insider jk) He is highly respected for his many talents and I think that is the best type of celebrity to be, Chris do not worry about making the cover of this magazine or that website, therefore he would not get angsty and insecure like Darren and other mediocre media whores get when Magazines and blogs forgets them or do not talk about them, Chris showed us how fine he is without being on the radar for a whole month in December!
(Sorry for the shade throwing, I just really do not like DC or celebrities like him, he just really been getting on my nerves lately, both him and Chord Mad )
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  comeonitslife 2/13/2014, 2:12 am

At first I must say that I'm not a stan of Chris & Darren, just a casual glee viewer who is interest a little about what some actors doing next.

I feel strange of watching it's always the battle and comparaison between both, seriously, they take care of never playing inthe same things (Chris : writting and other BTS things & Darren on the light things red carpet and so on), they have both complete different PR.if you really want to compare their success, fix a date 1 or 2 years after glee end and look at what they are doing at this time. I think both will have problems to win a regular role on TV (for majority of GA Chris is Kurt, I've read critcs about SBL that pple don't like Carson character because so far from Kurt, same for Darren who will have difficulties to find a serious role) and for the rest, sadly now pple are more interest on pple they see regulary than other.

On the twitter thing first I annoy reading ALL cast twitters, seems more publicity than other : watch me there, buy this, donate money for, and self promoting. The number of followers ? look how fast the number increase after Cory's death, because pple are fans ? NO, just because they wants to see how will manage close Cory's actor, look Lea twitter, and Chris always has been so funny with Cory in interviews. About the boots account, just look at the follower name account of Chris or Darren when PCA came or when a millestone comming, how many out icon coming account following just them ? there is not a good or a bad there.

Now even if glee is on hiatus, there's always an actuality because pple know they'll be back but after ? that made me laugh how people read interview or tweet of pple says, and think oh celebrity respect or have a crush on glee cast work. It's just because now they have a "vocal" fan base and tweeting Chris or Darren made people discuss of it, count after glee end, teenage stans for majority will find a new favorite star, all will change.

comeonitslife
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/13/2014, 2:42 am

comeonitslife wrote:At first I must say that I'm not a stan of Chris & Darren, just a casual glee viewer who is interest a little about what some actors doing next.

I feel strange of watching it's always the battle and comparaison between both, seriously, they take care of never playing inthe same things (Chris : writting and other BTS things & Darren on the light things red carpet and so on), they have both complete different PR.if you really want to compare their success, fix a date 1 or 2 years after glee end and look at what they are doing at this time. I think both will have problems to win a regular role on TV (for majority of GA Chris is Kurt, I've read critcs about SBL that pple don't like Carson character because so far from Kurt, same for Darren who will have difficulties to find a serious role) and for the rest, sadly now pple are more interest on pple they see regulary than other.

On the twitter thing first I annoy reading ALL cast twitters, seems more publicity than other : watch me there, buy this, donate money for, and self promoting. The number of followers ? look how fast the number increase after Cory's death, because pple are fans ? NO, just because they wants to see how will manage close Cory's actor, look Lea twitter, and Chris always has been so funny with Cory in interviews. About the boots account, just look at the follower name account of Chris or Darren when PCA came or when a millestone comming, how many out icon coming account following just them ? there is not a good or a bad there.

Now even if glee is on hiatus, there's always an actuality because pple know they'll be back but after ? that made me laugh how people read interview or tweet of pple says, and think oh celebrity respect or have a crush on glee cast work. It's just because now they have a "vocal" fan base and tweeting Chris or Darren made people discuss of it, count after glee end, teenage stans for majority will find a new favorite star, all will change.

Hi, and welcome.  baibai

Chris has more than teen fans, he has fans of all ages because of the TLOS books, and more people are discovering SBL the movie and the book and loving it.

Chris has been networking for a long time.

A lot of new Chris fans have never heard of Glee or watched an episode, they either know him because of his books or his movie.

Carson wasn't Kurt, that is something I see all the time.

I think Chris will be smart and won't pick a role that would stereotype him, because they were the ones he was offered and he turned them down.

He has Robodog voicing the lead character.

Chris I feel has the best PR because they work with him not just for him.

Chris has book number three this year and next year book 4 and The Curvy Tree picture book, and what looks like more books.

Whether Chris wants to do another TV show or even a movie, we don't know because he hasn't revealed any of his other projects because they most probably haven't been given the green light as of yet or they are still in pre-production.

Lea, Amber, Naya, Kevin, Dianne are the only other ones I care about.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/13/2014, 12:07 pm

Here's the thing : 2000 fans voting 500 times in a site totals one million votes.  It's still 2000 , not a million fans. coool 

That's why I'm a little skeptical of all online social media number/stats for everyone.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/13/2014, 8:15 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_n0yavuO1LM1r4ezfzo2_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_n0yavuO1LM1r4ezfzo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/13/2014, 9:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_n0yavuO1LM1r4ezfzo2_500

I am so excited! I have been dying to hear some music from Amber  wub 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/13/2014, 9:44 pm

Amber always sounds glorious to me.  wub mrgreen 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/13/2014, 9:45 pm

i think she released a song a year ago.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/13/2014, 10:09 pm

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_n0yavuO1LM1r4ezfzo2_500

Me want it now. *Makes grabby hands*

But I'll wait until it pops up on tumblr as I want be using it, so it is a waste of my time joining something that I won't use.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/13/2014, 10:26 pm

Glad for her. But still I wonder why doesn't she has a deal with Vevo? I mean, they also publish videos with lyrics, so Amber doesn't need to shoot a video, yet.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/14/2014, 3:50 am

I can't wait to hear Amber's song...I love her voice!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/14/2014, 5:33 am

Here it is.  Smile 

I just love it.

This needs to be a single.

https://soundcloud.com/msamberpriley

Go to Soundcloud to download Leave a Light On  written by Amber Riley for The Saturdays
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2014, 5:46 am

^Nice!!!

Amber is a really good and charismatic singer.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2014, 6:35 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/14/2014, 11:52 am

Let the Amber vs. Naya vs. Lea wars begin! *eyeroll*

Not here of course....but on various Tumblrs within the Glee fandom.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/14/2014, 12:24 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Let the Amber vs. Naya vs. Lea wars begin! *eyeroll*

Oh please. Though I've to confess I think Amber's voice is amazing, also I think Lea and Naya are equally talented, they just have different styles.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/14/2014, 12:25 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Let the Amber vs. Naya vs. Lea wars begin! *eyeroll*

Oh please. Though I've to confess I think Amber's voice is amazing, also I think Lea and Naya are equally talented, they just have different styles.

Agreed.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next