Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 12:35 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Lea's latest song climbed to # 3 in itunes, yes I realized it isn't going to last but it's fun while it does.   Razz 

But her album is number 1 in 11 countries.

Wow, do you have a source?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  ColferInspired 1/16/2014, 1:13 am

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Lea's latest song climbed to # 3 in itunes, yes I realized it isn't going to last but it's fun while it does.   Razz 

But her album is number 1 in 11 countries.

Wow, do you have a source?

Actually it's the single "Louder" that was number 1 in 11 countries. I found this on Porcelain Fans in their latest thread about Kurtcedes.  blushh

Sorry, about that.

I don't know if it still is but I was thrilled when I saw this:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 91617_600

I think her album comes out in March. Though this is still good though.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 1:28 am

Wow, thanks that is still fantastic... Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 7:09 am

HBO opening night premeire for the series "Looking" starring Jonathan Groff

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhfsbKUQ11r4ezfzo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhgbymnv11ql1znmo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhfsbKUQ11r4ezfzo3_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/16/2014, 8:12 pm

I'm glad for Jon and his premiere, I remember months ago I read about this Smile. In addition I like his friendship with Lea, and silly me, but sometimes I can't avoid to think "if he were straight, he and Lea could make a beautiful couple".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/18/2014, 3:31 am

brisallie wrote:I'm glad for Jon and his premiere, I remember months ago I read about this Smile. In addition I like his friendship with Lea, and silly me, but sometimes I can't avoid to think "if he were straight, he and Lea could make a beautiful couple".

Yup, it's amazing that Glee let Jonathon Groff slip through their fingers (joining Grant Gustin among other talents let go) .   Bad move.

It annoys me the rationale that *only*  Cory's death is the reason that the Noobs were let go and Mckinley finally dumped.  Actually his death forced their hand but it was obvious before that Noob/mcKinley was not going to work out.  If Cory hadn't died and the ratings had still tanked they would probably have dumped the Noobs regardless and moved Cory over to NY IMO, since Ryan's endgame for finchell would have changed if it needed to to keep the show alive.  It's easy to say now that Cory is gone that his fate was etched in stone as far as Finn in Lima.  Lima needed Finn more than Finn needed Lima, he was a strong enough character they could have moved him to NY as they may now ridiculously move Sue of all characters, something far more improbable and , dare I say it, "unrealistic."  Rolling Eyes 

RIB did a whole series of wrong moves, so I hate the premise that everything hinged on Cory's death.  It  hastened something that was going to happen anyways.  

The dirty secret was that Glee could not support a true split narrative with multiple characters.

Once again, a series of bad moves.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2014, 9:34 am

We all know Kurt's type is older and abs.

Well, I think Blaine's type is cute nerds.

Jeremiah with the big hair was sort of nerdy, and Sam is definitely nerdy.

Artie to me is a lot cooler than Sam ever will be.

When Blaine has a crush he's like a 12 year old girl.

Kurt now, is more adult, so is more forward with his attraction to another guy.

This is why they do not belong together.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/18/2014, 12:19 pm

ColferInspired wrote:We all know Kurt's type is older and abs.

Well, I think Blaine's type is cute nerds.

Jeremiah with the big hair was sort of nerdy, and Sam is definitely nerdy.

Artie to me is a lot cooler than Sam ever will be.

When Blaine has a crush he's like a 12 year old girl.

Kurt now, is more adult, so is more forward with his attraction to another guy.

This is why they do not belong together.

I'm not going to defend if K&B are right for each other or not, but just because someone usually likes older guys with abs doesn't mean they can't fall in love and have a great relationship with someone who has nothing to do with their type. The same goes for Blaine, except Sam none of the other guys he has ever been enterest in were nerds. I don't think Jeremiah's hair is enough to indicate about his character.
He kind of liked Sebastian who has a lot in common with Kurt than Sam and had a crush on George Clooney, who is the last thing but nerdy.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/19/2014, 1:57 pm

One thing I noticed this year on Glee , and it results from last year and the writing, is that Chris and Darren have a very weird acting dynamics going on.

On Chris part part of it stems that the writers made him, starting S4 upset, devastated and then torn/ambivalent towards Blaine practically until the moment they got back together.

Now they have him literally joking about the cheating, so what's an actor to do? Chris choice is to have this Kurt in wry, almost cynical mood toward Blaine, semi joking and just making quips.

Darren on the other hand has his character now written and portrayed as earnestly trying to please Kurt, and he plays it so straight (no pun intended).

So together their acting choices for each character just seem odd in tandem, almost awkward.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/20/2014, 8:03 am

Buenos wrote:HBO opening night premeire for the series "Looking" starring Jonathan Groff

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhfsbKUQ11r4ezfzo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhgbymnv11ql1znmo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzhfsbKUQ11r4ezfzo3_500

The first episode of Looking was really good. Jonathan is really good in this. Playing the regular guy, that sweet smile of his doesn't harm either. Wink 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/20/2014, 11:27 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mjyv2tWg2f1r28rvzo2_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mjyv2tWg2f1r28rvzo1_250
x

So this tumblr post got almost 52.000 likes or reblogs. This is too obvious and true to even have to put in the snark & bark thread, imo.

Those 52.000 people are probably mostly the original fans. Glee has either lost, alienated and/or frustrated those fans.
It maybe a small number compared to the 1.5 million people still watching Glee, but they are the ones that gave the show so many hits on the media sites, the ones who bought the iTunes songs and the dvd's, and the ones who spent money on tickets to the concert tours.

Not to mention how much face RIB have lost in the industry because of the way they (mis)handled their show and its actors/characters.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/20/2014, 12:02 pm

I have to be honest; I recently changed my tumblr design and was totally shocked that my blog is basically a Teen Wolf/Chris Colfer/Sterek blog nowadays. I didn’t even notice the transition but everything is unrelated to Glee. No ‘lol’-posts, no Glee confessions, even Kurt is rather limited. I rather focus on Chris anyway.

Guess it really is a sign that I moved on from Glee. I am not even frustrated anymore, more annoyed to read anything related from Glee. The blogs for Teen Wolf/Oprhan Black/Sherlock/DW I follow are getting more and more, and I stopped following any new blogs for Glee.

On a very annoying note, the Teen Wolf fandom is also very intense and the fandom wars are just as stupid as they are in the Glee fandom. Guess any large fandom has problems. Apparently I am racist because my favorite character is the white dude (Stiles) and not the POC (Scott). Just to let you know  dryy 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/20/2014, 12:50 pm

Glee has lost millions of viewers. Those people won't come back no matter what the show does. But shrinking the cast does make financial sense.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/20/2014, 1:05 pm

fantastica wrote:Glee has lost millions of viewers. Those people won't come back no matter what the show does. But shrinking the cast does make financial sense.

I'm afraid that's going to be the case. A few might be lured back of the show gets good buzz about the reboot and the focus remains firmly on characters like Rachel, Kurt and Santana (with Blaine and Sam moved back to more of a supporting role status where they worked better). But most of the viewers that Glee lost are lost for good. I think it's a best case senario that Glee maintains it's current audience level for the duration of it's run.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/20/2014, 2:35 pm

I can't help but think that Ryan Murphy never intended to have more than a handful of characters in New York and that McKinley was always suppose to be the main narrative.

If the plan was to keep Finn in Lima, they may have originally planned to move Blaine to New York and no one else. I'm thinking that was the game plan at the start of Season 4.

It wasn't until they actually did it, ie have most characters in Lima and a minor narrative in NY that it became apparent they couldn't make it work. Lea and Chris were the high profile names ( and to a lesser extent Naya) and yet reduced screentime for them wasn't cutting it with FOX.

They signed the Noobs as regulars in the summer but that has been done previously with actors they used sparingly , so I'm not sure that was a slam dunk proof of anything.

Glee wanted *everything* to work but the poor planning the show always suffered from caught up to them with the radical changes in S4. They wouldn't let go of Lea, Chris and Cory which was sort of part of the problem, ironically enough. The experiment was doomed to failure because you can't cram the required 65 minutes required to service everyone into 42 minutes. Glee loved the choir room setting because *previously* everyone could be there. But in hindsight it was nostalgia because it didn't serve that purpose anymore once characters graduated.

There probably was a tug of war behind the scenes between FOX, Ryan and even his partners. Add the declining ratings, the itunes sales slowing down, Cory's drug problem and then his death and somehow I think in essence they all got burnt out and in essence threw in the towel.

We all think Ryan Murphy gets everything he wanted but now I'm wondering if all the rumors that FOX negotiated with him an eventual Lima shutdown in exchange for a 2 year renewal occurred even before Cory died. I honestly think RIB itself didn't quite know what it wanted. Even if they originally just wanted to keep Lea, Chris, Cory, Naya and Darren, it just doesn't work.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/22/2014, 1:43 am

Have everyone here seen Pitch Perfect? If you have seen it, you might remember a scene in which they had a sort of 'song's fighting', well in the wheel said the following:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mbljf649wq1rbgdazo1_500

I just found this and I think is funny.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/22/2014, 1:59 am

Razz That's hilarious
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/22/2014, 10:46 pm

fantastica wrote:Razz That's hilarious

Agree, I watched that movie and I either forgot or somehow did not noticed that.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 10:54 am

For Karen: Olivier Kieran Jones in Episodes: Season 3, Episode 3: link.  neutre 

He's so different than in his Adam role.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/23/2014, 4:00 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzv93fxgFK1qe476yo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/23/2014, 4:37 pm

24 million on facebook? how many are watching the show? hahaha!

if chris' eyes get any bigger they would explode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2014, 5:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:For Karen: Olivier Kieran Jones in Episodes: Season 3, Episode 3: link.  neutre 

He's so different than in his Adam role.

He is so adorable. Smile The expressions and the mannerisms are just perfect.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 6:39 pm

fantastica wrote:24 million on facebook? how many are watching the show? hahaha!
So less than 6-7 percent of these people watch Glee live.

The rest must be Gleeks who either watch the show later (dvr or on demand), on tv in their own countries, download it (legal or illegal), or stopped watching Glee but still are interested in certain characters/actors.

But still.....it's those low ratings that count.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 6:43 pm

sheny wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 9 Tumblr_mzv93fxgFK1qe476yo1_1280

So Darren actually did photobomb Chris when he took that picture?  Shocked
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 1/23/2014, 6:55 pm

Photobomb ? Shocked 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next