Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 6:20 pm

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1kwbxjFNg1sd5847o4_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1kwbxjFNg1sd5847o1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1kwbxjFNg1sd5847o2_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1kwbxjFNg1sd5847o3_250

@DiannaAgron @iharryshum Scheming. http://dumbstruck.me/r/?RV17

Laughing they do~
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 11:39 pm

harry looks so young there. he's old enough to be a dad.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 8:23 am

"I’m very excited [about “Glee” 100th episode]! I can’t lie and say that I wasn’t disappointed that I didn’t get to be involved and I don’t know why. So, I was sad. I would have liked to have seen Heather [Morris] and work with the gang. I see them all the time. I’ve seen them twice in January and I miss them! It’s like a real family. It’s like if your family has a reunion and you don’t get to go. It’s a little sad, but I’m excited the show exists. I miss them and they miss me. Dianna [Agron] is back and everyone is together. I’m happy for everybody! I don’t understand the business aspect behind it because I’m sure it is not personal. Also, I think Sugar exists in the fandom. I think her character lives and survives there. People who worked on the show didn’t know to what extent that the story continued on beyond “Glee.” The story continues beyond there."
Vanessa Lengies on Glee.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 11:42 pm

Jane Lynch just tweeted me:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/28/2014, 4:24 am

^Lol, she's so funny.

Congratulations on the tweet.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/28/2014, 3:14 pm

So happy for Grant!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/28/the-flash-costume/

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 The-flash

Yes, there is a lightning bolt.

Here’s the first photo of actor Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, a.k.a. superhero The Flash. For the time being, The CW and studio Warner Bros. are just revealing the mask.

First impressions: Though there is a lightning bolt, there’s no protruding ear pieces (thankfully) like in the original comic costume (see pics below). It’s traditional red, but not bright red; more subdued. The chin-guard seems handy, but might make it a little tougher to speak.

The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for Arrow. Her credits also include Alice in Wonderland and Chicago. Production on The Flash pilot starts next week
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/28/2014, 7:46 pm

Buenos wrote:So happy for Grant!!

Here’s the first photo of actor Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, a.k.a. superhero The Flash. For the time being, The CW and studio Warner Bros. are just revealing the mask.

First impressions: Though there is a lightning bolt, there’s no protruding ear pieces (thankfully) like in the original comic costume (see pics below). It’s traditional red, but not bright red; more subdued. The chin-guard seems handy, but might make it a little tougher to speak.

The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for Arrow. Her credits also include Alice in Wonderland and Chicago. Production on The Flash pilot starts next week

Grant is a Superhero geek as he has said numerous times, he must be in seven heaven.
 neutre

They are going to be doing thirteen episodes for now.

I hope it gets a full season and becomes popular enough for a second and third season and so on.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/28/2014, 7:48 pm

Buenos wrote:So happy for Grant!!

Grant is a Superhero geek as he has said many times before, he must be in seven heaven.  neutre

They are doing thirteen episodes for now.

I hope it becomes popular enough for a full season, a second and a third and so on.

I am so proud of Grant.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2014, 9:30 pm

Some guy on twitter started a tweet to do a poll for new glee or old glee. He said to retweet for old glee, and favorite for new glee. When I retweeted, there were 62 retweets, and 3 favorites. LOL. If you see this, be sure to retweet Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2014, 10:12 pm

^ that's hilarious!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2014, 11:07 pm

Now it's 97-8.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/28/2014, 11:14 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Now it's 97-8.

Spoiler:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/28/2014, 11:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Now it's 97-8.

Hee. ptdr 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/1/2014, 6:08 pm

Yikes.  (Even though I agree about Lea's singing style.)

Lea Michele (2014)
Lea Michele
Reviewed by Kyle Anderson on Feb 28, 2014

NOT THAT LOUD We doubt Lea's debut will make that much noise

EW's GRADE
B-
Details Release Date: Mar 03, 2014; Lead Performance: Lea Michele; Genre: Pop; Production: Columbia

There's nothing wrong with Lea Michele's debut, and that's its biggest problem. While well curated and exquisitely executed, Louder is missing the visceral oomph that defines the gulf between superstars and the rest of the Top 40 chum.

Louder consciously eschews the campy mania of Michele's many covers on Glee, but in doing so it jettisons most of the abandon that is supposed to make pop music fun. Even when she lets ''loose,'' as on the thumping title track, her would-be call to dance-floor arms feels like bad acting.

Michele's stiltedness also undercuts the otherwise sharp collection of melodic weapons forged by her songwriters: Sia Furler (she of Rihanna's ''Diamonds'' and Beyoncé's ''Pretty Hurts'') delivers the cathartic first single, ''Cannonball,'' and Anne Preven (co-writer of Natalie Imbruglia's timeless ''Torn'') adds pretty pathos to ''Cue the Rain.''

But Michele's voice is so studied it ends up being sterile — pushing Furler's breezy ''You're Mine'' into a Broadway audition song and overselling the drama on the chest-pounding ''Burn With You.'' Her personality also remains mysterious; the only revealing moment is the tender Cory Monteith tribute ''If You Say So,'' which exposes the raw nerves beneath Michele's scrubbed professional skin.

It's hard to be that mad at Louder, because it's so admirably and lovingly crafted. But pop doesn't have to be good for you, and Louder is like ordering a radio-friendly milk shake and getting a kale smoothie. B-

EW site source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/1/2014, 7:32 pm

^Unfortunately I have to agree with that review.  unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/1/2014, 10:43 pm

fans will buy them regardless of review. do people buy pop music based on reviews?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/1/2014, 11:59 pm

fantastica wrote:fans will buy them regardless of review. do people buy pop music based on reviews?

Well, SBL did get some bad reviews, but not from what you would not call the best reviewers and it was still popular and having sold out venues.

I don't think many look at reviews and just want to for themselves.

Her album will do well, she has as big as a fanbase as Chris.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/2/2014, 12:13 am

The review states perfectly just what I have felt about Lea's singing. Because she is so technically proficient, she does come across as sterile and the emotion for the songs feels artificial and staged rather than genuine. I would much rather listen to a singer who is less focused on being technically perfect and allowed me to feel the performance on a visceral level.

It's not a bad review, per say. But given who Lea is and what is expected of this album, it's certainly damning with faint praise.

Last edited by Ranwing on 3/2/2014, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/2/2014, 12:37 am

Ouch. Rolling Stone was even less kind.

One and 1/2 stars

As Broadway-bound Rachel Berry, Lea Michele was the brassy soprano on Glee's two highest-charting songs. But her attempt at breaking out as a solo artist has been rocky – lead single "Cannonball" sank like one – and this album of insta-dated EDM-pop anthems and half-cocked bass drops probably won't help her cause. The songs about love's ups and downs have a few memorable lyrics ("My heart's too drunk to drive"), but not nearly enough, and Michele's show-tune-style belting is a little too perfect for today's pop charts. Still, the album will make a decent audition tape for Julie Taymor's inevitable production of Teenage Dream: The Katy Perry Musical in a few more years.

source
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/2/2014, 2:50 am

"...is a little too perfect for today's pop chart's"? Is pop supposed to be unperfect, or what would be the opposite word? I do agree with the previous one that her songs might outdate soon, but isn't most music a product of its age and do we lower our expectations because of the general quality of pop music? Does the standards have to be lowered because the markets are filling with crap?

I'm not being defensive because I like her, the first review was quite good and acvurate, but these two published are clashing with each other, IMO.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/2/2014, 2:55 am

Here's the review of Billboard

...The album benefits from Michele's highly trained voice, and she doesn't sound out of place within the context of the dance-oriented club anthems and soaring ballads that are the hallmark of "Louder." But lyrically, "Louder" is rather one-sided, as she often sings about the perils of relationships, over and over, in ways that we've all heard many times at this point. Still, it's a solid effort that shows she has promise as a bona fide pop artist. Next time, hopefully, she'll dig deeper into the Lea soul.

Then there's a review of each song http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/5922965/lea-michele-louder-track-by-track-review
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 7:52 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1sg74Fqlc1r4ezfzo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2014, 3:31 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:"...is a little too perfect for today's pop chart's"? Is pop supposed to be unperfect, or what would be the opposite word? I do agree with the previous one that her songs might outdate soon, but isn't most music a product of its age and do we lower our expectations because of the general quality of pop music? Does the standards have to be lowered because the markets are filling with crap?

I'm not being defensive because I like her, the first review was quite good and acvurate, but these two published are clashing with each other, IMO.
I think what they mean with "too perfect" is not so much the fact that Lea can sing very well (certainly compared to the likes of Katy Perry and even Lady Gaga), but that she sings too 'clean'. There's no edge, no emotion, no nuances, just big power belts.

And tbh: that's what I think about Lea's singing too.
She has a powerful, beautiful voice, but she lacks emotion, depth and basically soul. It can be that she sings her songs with feelings and emotions in mind, but it doesn't seem to come across to the listeners, at least not to me.  saispa

In my opinion Lea's strength lies in musical theatre and musical theatre alone.
She can sing some pop songs, especially the more dramatic golden oldies (Queen, Steinman), but she's better off if she can play a character and be more stage-'big' in her singing and acting, plus feeding off of a live audience.
If she wants she can be the next Patti Lupone, Ethel Merman or Bernadette Peters. But unfortunately she's so hellbound in becoming the next Barbra Streisand (including the cheesy pop albums) that she does not try to find out who she herself is as a performer, and is more interested in being the big 'star' Lea Michele than being the next Broadway sensation, if you get what I mean.
She could be a grand Broadway diva (and probably will go that route again if her pop career doesn't take of) if she wants to, but I think her specific talents and esp. character are wasted on pop songs and in the pop scene.

But she apparently gets to do what she wants now, so I wish her luck anyway.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/2/2014, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/2/2014, 4:20 pm

^THIS^

I don't think that there is any debate that Lea is a remarkably talented singer. But her performances have always left me cold because I never really get anything sincere from them. She is too polished, and maybe it's her theater background that's an issue but even when I watch her perform, she always feels like she's acting out the emotion of the song rather than just letting it pour out of her. It always feels, to me, calculated and not at all genuine. So while I can admire her performances strictly on a technical level, I never really feel her performances.

I once described Lea's performances as mechanical and this album just reinforces that feeling. I don't doubt the sincerity of her feelings over Cory's death, but the songs that were meant to be windows to her feelings just didn't really communicate them. The words were okay and they told the right story, and Lea's voice hit the notes, but I felt nothing. And I'm going to agree with the critics that question how she's going to stand out against the other pop singers who don't have her technical proficiency but can just really cut lose and have the emotion pour out of them. Compare any of Lea's songs from her album to, say Pink from her Funhouse album (songs written when her marriage was in jeopardy) and there's no comparison. I could feel Pink's anger and sorrow and pain. Pink may not have Lea's vocal instrument, but when she sings I actually feel the emotion.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2014, 6:02 pm

^Pink is a fabulous singer though, including the technical part. She can sing the Bohemian Rhapsody swinging upside down 20 feet in the air!  ohmy 

Agree with the rest of your post.  Wink
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next