Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

+33
opals
AnneNeville
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
glitteronmyface
GreenEyes
mindschemez
M&M
MissSoniaPP
glimmerle
bayth
murasaki1
brisallie
arina
ColdFlame96
SkyMoon
Buenos
Georgette888
msjoanlucette
sjonnepon
Ireth
sheny
Glorfindel
Piciollina
fantastica
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Lottie2303
coxfire
Jellyrolls
37 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  bayth 1/7/2014, 6:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
bayth wrote:There will be a livestream of the the red carpet arrivals and they will be handing out PCAs on the red carpet - According to this blog from PCA site scheduled to start at 8 PM eastern time.

SHIT.   Blarren is presenting  Evil or Very Mad The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 2521The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Girl_werewolf
Don't cry yet.
According to darrencrissnews the announcement that was on the PCA page was an old one from December, from before they announced the nominations (when Darren was there), so it could be just that. Apparently today they changed the information on that site, as the link you posted now says nothing about Darren presenting anymore.

This is what it said before:

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Tumblr_mz1l87ZZZC1rlkm4fo1_500

And this is what it says now:
Preview of People's Choice Awards 2014

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Peoples-Choice-Awards-640x360
The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards return to Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on January 8th 2014! The show will be hosted by Beth and Kat Dennings from “2 Broke Girls” and will feature performances by Sara Bareilles and One Republic.

This is your chance to have your voice heard by voting for your favorites in movies, TV and music!

So who’s nominated this year? Well, “Glee” tops the list with a respectable 8 nominations! Katy Perry isn’t far behind with 5 music noms. As for movies, of course one of the year’s biggest blockbuster hits, “Gravity,” had big numbers with Sandra Bullock picking up 5 nominations, including one for Favorite Duo with co-star George Clooney and another with “The Heat” co-star Melissa McCarthy.
Take a look at the complete list of 2014 People’s Choice Awards nominees on PeoplesChoice.com.
Some more exciting news -- you can be a part of this incredible night! » Buy Tickets
They took out the line that listed Darren as presenting! This happened only today, after the Darren fandom screencapped that old announcement and used it as 'evidence' that he is going to be presenting at the actual awards.

I don't know: it could be nothing, but it's weird that that line was there for all this time since December and now suddenly it got deleted the day before the event, right after the Darren fandom noticed it and took it as confirmation he's going.  saispa
panik  Well, that makes me almost downright giddy that the PCA website would do that. They must have gotten bombarded by Blarren stans.  ptdr 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  glimmerle 1/7/2014, 7:40 pm

#Team3seats I think there's enough space between Chris and Naya for another Glee-nominee. The PCAs could still make a final announcement of further attendees tomorrow to remind people of the show and get them to tune in.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/7/2014, 10:09 pm

It's possible that the seats immediately next to Chris and Naya are for their significant others. It's also very possible for the spaces to be taken up by seat fillers. It's pretty commonplace for awards shows like this to fill in the rows with extras who dress for the occasion. Until there's a place card with Lea's and Darren's names on them, we have no verification that they will be attending at all.

I'm wondering if Lea's people had tried to get her a performance spot on the show. It would have been ideal, given that she's last year's winner (and a nominee this year) and has an album coming out shortly. It would have been a perfect place to really do the PR push for Louder.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/8/2014, 2:34 am

the space between chris and naya will be left for their guests. i hope will will be there for chris, and when chris stands up to receive his award, they will share a quick kiss like all the couples do on these award shows (even what's his name the yellow hat man did w/ his husband).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/8/2014, 9:34 am

fantastica wrote:what's his name the yellow hat man

ptdr 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/8/2014, 9:57 am

Apparently Chord and Darren were out and about together looking like they were one step up from homeless. Whether they are attending the PCAs is anyone's guess at this point, but it doesn't look like they're cleaning themselves up for a big awards show. I'm sure that the Blam stans will be delighted over how close they are. That's likely going to be their only consolation tonight.

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 N5OYMQx
http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2921066.html
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 1/8/2014, 11:21 am

They look normal to me, just not recently shaved . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2014, 12:49 pm

fantastica wrote:the space between chris and naya will be left for their guests. i hope will will be there for chris, and when chris stands up to receive his award, they will share a quick kiss like all the couples do on these award shows (even what's his name the yellow hat man did w/ his husband).

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 Curious-George-and-Yellow-Hat

He's gay?? You learn something new every day... Wink 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/8/2014, 1:35 pm

I have no doubt that Naya will be bringing her fiance. They attend everything together and showing up, even if Naya doesn't win her catagory, is good PR for both of them. It would be nice for Chris to bring Will (since apparently Alla tweeted that she is on her way to England now). Their relationship is hardly some kind of state secret, and I don't think that people would be overly surprised to see Chris showing up with a man (since he is gay after all). Think that Jane might show up as she just arrived in LA, but that's just a guess on my part.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2014, 2:03 pm

They attend everything together and showing up, even if Naya doesn't win her catagory, is good PR for both of them.

She's certainly changed her tune from the first few years on Glee, when the knock on Naya by some was that she missed alot of PR/media events.  Her people have managed things pretty well for her I have to admit the last year as far as getting a higher profile, she got the Super Bowl commercial, was a presenter at the American Music Awards, and even got on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. Even her brother being on the Raiders got her in Football prime time. Razz  (Though I still don't get going to Trevor Live , being a presenter, but not being on stage for Jane's tribute/award)

Of course her image she's carving out is always open to debate... Wink
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2014, 4:07 pm

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 75329_900
Is this the People's Choice's official twitter account?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2014, 5:57 pm

http://heyerchick.tumblr.com/post/72595118167/thinky-thoughts-on-the-pcas

Thinky thoughts on the PCAs

Chris Colfer is slated to attend the People’s Choice Awards 2014 ceremony. It’s fairly safe to assume that he’s attending to receive an award, but we don’t yet know which award.

I personally hope Chris has again won Favourite Comedic TV Actor, because he *is* my favourite, but I’m not going to rant and rage if he’s there to pick up the chemistry award for Klaine.

Fairness is very important to me. I recently watched the Celluloid Closet documentary and was forcefully reminded by the comments of people like Harvey Fierstein and Susie Bright just how starved for representation LGBTQ people have been for so long. Fierstein wasn’t concerned if a portrayal of gay people was positive, he just wanted gay people *there.* he didn’t want his very existence to be ignored. Bright spoke about going to see movies just because there might be moment when lesbians would be shown.

That’s how things were in 1995.

In 2013, we have the luxury of judging Klaine *hard* for its narrative shortcomings on a show where the show runner’s whim trumps every other consideration. At the same time, I can’t forget that Klaine, however poorly I think it’s written, is *there.* It’s reflecting back at real young people looking to see themselves. That’s important.

Look at how far LGBTQ representation has come in Chris Colfer’s lifetime. Look at what he himself represents. Keep in mind how extraordinary it was for him to come out at such a young age, at the start of his career, because he needed to live truthfully.

We know Chris has his own issues with how Klaine is written. He’s said so. We also know how important he thinks the existence of a couple like Kurt and Blaine is on a show like Glee, popular with people young and old. He’s said so. Kurt has touched a lot of people, has changed some previously closed minds. Those people have said so.

We as individuals may believe Klaine is fucking toxic, but a young gay couple beating out all those heterosexuals on national television? Pretty cool if it were to happen, I think. And I think Chris Colfer, as a young gay man who has been so important and instrumental in opening minds and hearts through the role he plays and the choices he makes, wouldn’t be embarrassed to receive such an award.

banzai 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/8/2014, 6:25 pm

I read the post and though I agree with it, is still hard for me to support klaine because for me thing has gone down hill with them, in terms of writing and klainers,I know some girls are really nice and you can discuss with them your point of view, but the rest believe are the owners of glee. So if klaine win, I want it to be a truly moment for those people who believe its represent LGBT, and not something that it turns into a show, like for instance I don't wanna see darren grabbing Chris and kissing him as he did in the glee tour, because for me that would be 'hey look at me'.

I just have mixing feelings.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2014, 6:55 pm

brisallie wrote:I just have mixing feelings.

I hearya , I think that would include a lot of old school Glee fans.  Razz 

While I still expect them to attend, (swooping in at the last moment) I'd be genuinely surprised if Lea and Darren are MIA at the PCA's tonight.

Lea because as posted earlier, she has an album/single she's promoting. Even on the red carpet she could talk up her music. Darren because as much as he attends these events, this is really is his first "biggie" with 3 nominations and in the big acting category with the heavyweights, namely Chris, Jim Parsons, NPH and Jesse Ferguson. That's heady.

Having said that, as a Chris Colfer fan I would be a hypocrite if I criticized them for not attending. Like Chris they have their own reasons, personal or career stuff that is their own private business whether they show up at these events or not. I certainly don't like it when others do it with Chris ( such as per the TCA's)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/8/2014, 7:16 pm

I hope Klaine ,loses for the following reasons how certain Klainers/CrissColfer would reacted, Chris would be getting hate from them if he does not acted the way they think he should, How Darren might act and might may Chris uncomfortable, the writing and lastly I want Darren to be shut out of the PCAS. Although, I would slightly would rather Klaine to win than Darren to win Best Comedy Actor. So if I has to choose either Klaine wins Best Chemistry or Darren wins best Comedy Actor, and I can't say neither, I would chose Klaine to win Best Chemistry ,and hope and pray that my predictions on how certain Klainers/CrissColfers would act and how Darren would act and make Chris uncomfortable. Would prove to be wrong. The main reason I would rather have Klaine win Best Chemistry over Darren winning Best Comedy Actor, is I am afraid if Darren wins Best Comedy he would get even more screen time and be singing more. In my opinion he already has way to much screen time and sings way to much.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/8/2014, 9:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 75329_900

It could be.  saispa 

Darren stans are bombarding them with AND DARREN?

I had a thought - what if Naya is presenting instead?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/8/2014, 9:37 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 22 75329_900

It could be.  saispa 

Darren stans are bombarding them with AND DARREN?

I had a thought - what if Naya is presenting instead?
Would they be bombing  them with AND CHRIS ,if   Darren was  mention  by them instead of Chris? I doubt it.   Maybe Naya   is presenting  instead of Darren.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2014, 9:39 pm

Can't wait to see Chris red carpet look this year, won't be long!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/8/2014, 9:55 pm

is it possible that chris and naya are both presenting? maybe together?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/8/2014, 9:56 pm

Could be. But with Chris getting an aisle seat - I'm hopeful he's taking home the comedic actor award. Smile
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/8/2014, 9:59 pm

fantastica wrote:is it possible that chris and naya are both presenting? maybe together?

That could be a possibility.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/8/2014, 9:59 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:is it possible that chris and naya are both presenting? maybe together?

That could be a possibility.

Agree,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/8/2014, 10:01 pm

Allison Janney tweeted she's presenting. I hope that she's giving out comedic actor Smile
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/8/2014, 10:02 pm

she is probably going to present some sort of film awards.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 1/8/2014, 10:06 pm

fantastica wrote:she is probably going to present some sort of film awards.

Doesn't she have a tv show now? She may do either.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next