Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 15 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  fantastica 12/18/2013, 1:12 pm

^ haha, but i only have stage 5. maybe i am still in denial.  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 15 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired 12/19/2013, 3:47 am

A future fangirl.  Smile 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 15 Tumblr_my0aqymuip1r37bnco1_500

My niece loves chris colfer XD

porcelanarockera
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/20/2013, 1:11 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 15 Tumblr_my35pbh47f1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/20/2013, 3:04 am

ColferInspired wrote:A future fangirl.  Smile 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 15 Tumblr_my0aqymuip1r37bnco1_500

My niece loves chris colfer XD

porcelanarockera
Ahhhhhhhh.....such a cutie
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/30/2013, 1:39 pm

http://www.thebacklot.com/the-shipping-news-the-year-in-slash/12/2013/

We started out the year with a great big nod at fandoms from our beloved Chris Colfer during the People’s Choice Awards. A lot of us know the burn of getting snubbed or laughed at for our enjoyment of fanwork, so it was lovely to hear such praise from Colfer.

“It is so flattering to be exploited in your fanfiction. I can’t tell you. It is the ultimate high-five. Thank you to our wonderful fans, the Klainers, the Gleeks, all the names you have for yourselves. It’s amazing to be the subject of your fandom.” – Chris Colfer
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 12/31/2013, 6:03 am

Buenos wrote:http://www.thebacklot.com/the-shipping-news-the-year-in-slash/12/2013/

We started out the year with a great big nod at fandoms from our beloved Chris Colfer during the People’s Choice Awards. A lot of us know the burn of getting snubbed or laughed at for our enjoyment of fanwork, so it was lovely to hear such praise from Colfer.

“It is so flattering to be exploited in your fanfiction. I can’t tell you. It is the ultimate high-five. Thank you to our wonderful fans, the Klainers, the Gleeks, all the names you have for yourselves. It’s amazing to be the subject of your fandom.” – Chris Colfer

This was such a funny speech. Hope he gets the chance to make another such speech this coming PCAs!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/31/2013, 6:18 am

Ireth wrote:
Buenos wrote:http://www.thebacklot.com/the-shipping-news-the-year-in-slash/12/2013/

This was such a funny speech. Hope he gets the chance to make another such speech this coming PCAs!

Chris has been quiet for the last week or so, which I think is good as he is taking a break from the fandom.

He does pop up on instagram to like different pics or to follow someone new.

I hope we hear of any projects he could be doing heading for the expected final season of Glee (if we get to a season 6).

I would like to know if he has any plans after Glee besides just his books.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/31/2013, 7:37 am

I bet he is pulling a "Germany" and in a week we suddenly get some great Instagramm pictures because he has been to Fiji or whatever. Nonetheless, I am thrilled he seems to be totally off the radar from the fandom, even though the drought as a fan is a bit sad  fanny2

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 12/31/2013, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/31/2013, 7:59 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I bet he is pulling a "Germany" and in a week we suddenly get some great Instagramm pictures because he has been to Fiji or whatever. Nonetheless, I am thrilled be seems to be totally off the radar from the fandom, even though the drought as a fan is a bit sad  fanny2 

I know what you mean.

I hope we hear something soon, as I am curious to know what he has been up to.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 12/31/2013, 9:53 am

If the pattern is like last year- writing. He must be coming up to deadline in a month or two and last year he went mostly awol for weeks around this time to finish his draft.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/31/2013, 11:12 am

^It's like following the patterns of an animal in the wild, lol.

*David Attenborough voice*:
"At this time of year this particular, rare species hybernates and are rarely ever seen, untill they come out thinner in their skin but full of new energy as soon as the sun starts shining in the spring. Early in the morning or late at night you might catch them at the watering place, or hear them howl now and then in the distance (aka instagram 'likes'), but untill the egg (TLoS3) is laid the chance of seeing them is very slim. Their mating ritual is also unknown (swiveling hips seems to be involved), but they seem to be a very loyal, monogamous species."

fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2013, 11:25 am

My guess is that with the mutl-book contract came a pretty intense time-line. If the publisher is looking to put out the new books on an annual basis (or likely every year and a half given his acting schedule), then he will likely be expected to have he first draft of the next LOS novel fairly shortly. After that we have revisions (which can take several months to complete) and then as soon as the final draft is completed he'll need to start working on the forth book. Free time is going to be a premium for quite some time. My guess is that they're shooting for the last book to be published by the end of season six in order to capitalize on Chris ending his run on Glee (which should come with a fair amount of media attention).

Fortunately writing is something that Chris can do pretty much anywhere. He can certainly vacation and find a few hours a day to write (and it would likely do him some good in getting him to air his brain a bit). But I'm not at all surprised that Chris has been out of the public eye for the past few weeks so he can focus.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/31/2013, 3:07 pm

Ranwing wrote:My guess is that with the mutl-book contract came a pretty intense time-line. If the publisher is looking to put out the new books on an annual basis (or likely every year and a half given his acting schedule), then he will likely be expected to have he first draft of the next LOS novel fairly shortly. After that we have revisions (which can take several months to complete) and then as soon as the final draft is completed he'll need to start working on the forth book. Free time is going to be a premium for quite some time. My guess is that they're shooting for the last book to be published by the end of season six in order to capitalize on Chris ending his run on Glee (which should come with a fair amount of media attention).

Fortunately writing is something that Chris can do pretty much anywhere. He can certainly vacation and find a few hours a day to write (and it would likely do him some good in getting him to air his brain a bit). But I'm not at all surprised that Chris has been out of the public eye for the past few weeks so he can focus.

That's pretty much my thought.  They would want to wrap up a draft of the book and get some decent time with edits,etc.

With four full books planned  (and a picture book to boost) so far, I'm thinking the publishing company is thinking more in terms of an ongoing series, creating a whole universe of fairy tale characters per Chris' vision.   

The timing isn't actually that terrible for Chris, by the time Glee ends in May 2015  Chris will have an ongoing established literary franchise with five books already under his belt and hopefully being able to plan any future  writing around new acting projects.   What this gives him is a creative outlet and financial stability outside of the dicey acting profession which is so hit and miss, as far as which projects pan out successfully. 

My only guess is that Chris would probably hesitate as far as  another network TV series with a 22 episode commitment.  My speculation is he would want to decompress from that after 6 full seasons on Glee, plus the 2 Summer concert tours, dance and song rehearsals, etc.  Maybe a movie or some stage work and I can definitely see him writing more screenplays or stage plays in the first couple of years post Glee.   Another TV series I would think wouldn't be in the immediate future.    Down the line, if it's a good script he could be tempted.  I love an HBO/Showtime  series that actually gives him more flexibility during the year with just a 6-8 episode commitment.  Ala Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Girls,  etc, etc.  I have hopes they will get around to film the play "8" as a TV movie and Chris will reprise his role again.  It would be wonderful if they can get him opposite Clooney, Bacon and Pitt again.   wub 

For some reason I would like to see Chris in something earthier and grittier after Glee because I don't think his full acting potential has been properly tapped yet, though I do love him in comedy.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/31/2013, 3:13 pm

it's often a matter of luck that you end up in a hit series. lightening don't easily strike twice. i don't care what he ends up doing - tv series, movies, theater, all of them... i welcome his presence on my screen and if it's theater in NY i will go too.

if he does another tv series and it ends up being a hit again (which means it will have a long run), he is still very young and even when he's done he will still be in his prime (30s is the prime year for many male actors).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/31/2013, 3:21 pm

fantastica wrote:it's often a matter of luck that you end up in a hit series. lightening don't easily strike twice. i don't care what he ends up doing - tv series, movies, theater, all of them... i welcome his presence on my screen and if it's theater in NY i will go too.

if he does another tv series and it ends up being a hit again (which means it will have a long run), he is still very young and even when he's done he will still be in his prime (30s is the prime year for many male actors).

That is why I wouldn't be surprised if he does attempt/sign on for  another  TV series eventually, just that he will be done with Glee at the ripe old age of 25 and with his literary career he will have the luxury of being able to wait before he plunges into another one if he so desires. 

He says he gets stage and movie offers, as well as TV so it will fun to follow his career post Glee.  

Glee was a blessing but NGL, the way he's been underutilized the last couple of years and probably until the series ends, with Chris not even getting a decent SL episdoe to be able to present for a potential Emmy nomination, I would love  to see what he could do with decent writing's/scripts in other projects.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2013, 6:12 pm

If Chris is offered another series or a movie immediately after Glee concludes, unless the project is an obvious turkey, he would be foolish to turn his nose up at it. I think the world of Chris and with the awards he's won and the prestigious nominations he's received I honestly believe that he's got a good shot at having a long and illustrious career. But he cant afford to rest on his laurels. He's got one major successful television series under his belt, for which he has received a huge level of respect for. He needs to build on that, and quickly. The longer he waits after he leaves Glee to take on another job, whether it's a television series, a movie or a Broadway show, the harder it will be for him to have his career keep momentum.

Chris, along with every other young actor from his cast, faces two big challenges in regards to his future career. First, finding new acting jobs and second, picking the right jobs. If Chris wants to continue as an actor (and I very much pray that he does because I need to continue seeing him on a regular basis), the kind of roles he accepts will be critical. He's still considered young enough by Hollywood standards to play a high school kid but I think that it would be in his best interest to aim for more adult roles that don't continuously recall Kurt Hummel. It's sometimes a curse to have the first role that he was known for being so culturally huge because he is so readily identified with that part. He needs to branch out and try something in an opposite direction.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/31/2013, 6:31 pm

If Chris is offered another series or a movie immediately after Glee concludes, unless the project is an obvious turkey, he would be foolish to turn his nose up at it.

At this point I think Chris will get multiple offers, how feasible or good they are is the 64K question.  So  many promising projects don't gell for whatever reasons despite the pedigree of those involved.  Michael J. Fox's new TV Show has been for the most part a disappointment per everyone's expectations, so much is a crap shoot.

The longer he waits after he leaves Glee to take on another job, whether it's a television series, a movie or a Broadway show, the harder it will be for him to have his career keep momentum.
At this point I think he has the luxury of some time off when Glee concludes after season Six, but he does strike me as someone who is constantly working and is very ambitious so  I would imagine Chris would be salivating as far as being able to feasibly field potential movie and stage projects.   I agree it's tricky because of how culturally iconic the role of Kurt has been for him, but at the same time Chris is a talented actor, and "Struck by Lightning" showed how far different from Kurt Chris can inhabit another role. 

OTOH, If say, Bryan Fuller, offered him a starring role in new proposed  TV series, sure, I could see Chris saying yes.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2013, 7:08 pm

I have my dream list of projects that I would love to see Chris do immediately after Glee. And I agree with you on this, Buenos - Chris is far too ambitious to not dive into a new project as soon as he is free to. And I think that he will have a lot of offers. It's what projects he picks will mean everything.

I have my dream roles for Chris, both or the immediate future and for as he continues to mature. Cabaret is reopening on Broadway (much to my delight, Alan Cumming is reprising his role as the MC). I would love to see Chris do a stint in that show because it's an adult part that would play into Chris's incredible showmanship and charisma (and I would be taking up permanent residence in the theater for the duration of his run). I would love to see him do a grand costume drama as a dashing cavalry officer during the Napoleonic wars. I'd love to see him play a villainous character of some sort. What I don't want is to see him trying to play some variation of Kurt Hummel, even an adult one, in the future. I loved Glee and I adore Kurt but once Kurt is done with the part, it want it over.

One thing I also desperately want is for Chris to avoid working with Ryan Murphy ever again. I've lost all respect for the man and how he manages his projects and treats his actors. He's like the kind of teacher who picks pets - things are great so long as you're one of his favored ones, but it never lasts and he'll move on to a new favorite the moment the whim takes him. Chris deserves a lot better.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/1/2014, 12:24 am

I also hope that Chris gets a series soon after Glee, to keep him in the spotlight.  Glee has barely used his talents for three years, and Hollywood has a short memory.  While it is lovely to have the books, I miss seeing this fine actor get to show off his stuff, instead of being a prop for lesser actors.  Since Glee only delivers on that promise for a few minutes a season, I need a show that actually is interested in writing for all of it's cast on a semi-regular basis.  

Ryan sticks with his pets fairly strongly.  Lea is rarely out of his comments, and we see all the time he gives Darren.  Chris may have reminded Ryan of what it was when he was younger, but it also sounds like Ryan was accepted, where Chris is not.  So he expounds on the "acceptable" gay stereotype, the dude who can "pass".  Even though how anyone could think that Blaine passes for anything other than gay befuddles me.  I think with all the push back when Kurt was in the spotlight in season 2 still lingers in the writers minds, so they have gone the nice safe and meaningless route of the daily trials of pretty boys and girls, with enough panty flashes for the boys who watch (and lesbians) and shirtless "studs" for the girls (and gays who like to crush on studs that would never be interested in them).  

We have even gotten to the point where my brother, who for 4 years totally supported everything RIB has done has actually started voicing some dissatisfaction over how much time Blam is given.  That is mind blowing in itself.  Anyway, looking forward to 2015 when this all ends, and we can finally get an idea of where Chris' career will lead him, and us.  And if I have to start saving up to hit Broadway in the future.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2014, 2:18 am

Divalicious wrote: but it also sounds like Ryan was accepted, where Chris is not. 
I realize this is more appropriate in the snark and bark, but Ryan's claim that he was popular in high school and secretly "dated" High school jocks on the sly is just hogwash.  (Just like now he's claiming he was the father figure Cory Monteith needed...GAG) I don't think what he did with those jocks was actual dating, if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, the booze is flowing here....

Meanwhile I hope Chris does what he wants to do, whether movies, TV , plays or a long vacation once Glee is over.

Cheers!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 1/1/2014, 12:01 pm

Quite. In the 80s. In Indiana. Yeah. Maybe not. Lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2014, 1:05 pm

I think that Chris (and Kurt) was the reality of Ryan Murphy's life, while Blaine is his fantasy about what he wished his adolescence was. Passing with all the jock boys hot for him. I mean, just look at him. Chris would be considered butch compared to Ryan and even younger and with hair, he wouldn't exactly be so hot that he'd get curious straight jocks.

In the end, reality wins out. Kurt is the character that has garnered the notice and became a cultural icon. Chris is the actor who has won critical acclaim, award nominations and wins.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2014, 2:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:In the end, reality wins out. Kurt is the character that has garnered the notice and became a cultural icon. Chris is the actor who has won critical acclaim, award nominations and wins.

True, and long after Glee has ended , Chris and the character of Kurt will be remembered because of how Chris made the character 3 dimensional and not a walking stereotype.   The character of Kurt (and I do give RM *some*props on this ) was not used just as punchline for cheap jokes, but it was Chris' acting that made everyone go..."Whoooaaa who is that kid?"
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2014, 5:15 pm

I give Chris enormous credit for Kurt being the complex, multi-dimensional character that he is. Just as I give Lea, Cory, Diana and Mark credit for their characters being more than the basic characteristics they were written as. Admittedly, the writers were much better in season one in characterization and letting the characters have good and bad points to their natures. Finn was could be weak and easily manipulated, but when push came to shove he could also show amazing loyalty. Rachel had drive and determination which was admirable, but her short sightedness and selfishness as less so. Quinn could be a total ice queen, but still had deep vulnerabilities. Puck was a surface bad ass, but like Quinn he had vulnerabilities and a deep desire to be a better person. And Kurt was at turns generous and selfish and cruel and kind and vulnerable and impervious. What the actors deserve credit for is their ability to capture all these divergent, at times conflicting sides of their characters personalities and make them come across as real.

What I also credit Chris for is having such a deep understanding of who Kurt is as a character and sticking to his guns about how Kurt is going to respond to any given situation, even if it puts him in conflict with what the writers planned (like in Prom Queen). It gives Kurt a consistency that he otherwise wouldn't have given how inconsistent the writing is under the best of circumstances.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2014, 5:26 pm

The actors they got for some of those archetypal roles back in Season One was what made Glee stand out.   Rachel, Kurt, Finn, Quinn, Puck and I would add even Mercedes, Artie and Santana had nuances that seeped though the inconsistent writing precisely because of the actors they had portraying those characters.

Amber is not a particularly strong actress, nor would I put Mark Sallling or Dianna Agron on my list of top tier  actors, but they clicked on screen. The chemistry worked and you can't buy that. 

In Kurt's case, you had an interesting character breathed into life by an actor who had a clear vision of what direction he wanted Kurt to go.  Even through four years Kurt has been relatively consistent because Chris the actor has had the discipline to portray the character a certain way, with his facial expressions and body language even when the dialogue has been risible or just plain bad.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next