Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 2:57 pm

hahaha, i told you guys! it would be a roller coaster ride. to be or not to be. that's not even the question anymore. the real question is, have they made up their mind yet?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 2:58 pm

Best Case Scenario:

Chris Colfer told them " Hey I want to do more this year, I'm willing to participate in the show."   Trevor Live went bonkers with YES! and preemptively put on their website that Chris Colfer was performing...       Chris Colfer then reminded them ..."Uh you do realize I never promised I was going to sing.."
So then the race was on to accommodate him per his conditions.....   I think Chris will most likely give a speech/testimonial/etc.   To many that is not performing.  An acting or comedy skit would be, but once again, it may not be clear if that was ever originally planned.

The worst case scenarios I think we've already gone through a few...Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 3:01 pm

i don't buy that chris doesn't want to sing. there's something fishy going on there. something very fishy (or crabby).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 3:09 pm

RELOCATING MY POST TO SNARK AND BARK!

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 11/27/2013, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/27/2013, 3:12 pm

didn't chris participate in every year? i mean, he spoke on the stage every year right? well, at least last year and the year before.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 3:14 pm

Erm, I totally disagree and in this case it bothers me a lot how happily you assume Chris is the one responsible for the mess
Uh, no. I said that Trevor Live jumped the gun and put Chris down as performing. I assumed Chris was clear on what he wanted to do , but Trevor Live wanted more publicity.

I certainly don't see how that's making Chris responsible for my speculative scenario.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 3:24 pm

Buenos wrote:
Erm, I totally disagree and in this case it bothers me a lot how happily you assume Chris is the one responsible for the mess
Uh, no.  I said that Trevor Live jumped the gun and put Chris down as performing.  I assumed Chris was clear on what he wanted to do , but Trevor Live wanted more publicity.  

I certainly don't see how that's making Chris responsible for my speculative scenario.  
Because by Chris refusing to sing, he started this entire PR mess and would most likely leave a negative reputation, no matter the negotiations that happened in advance. And I am not buying Chris didn't agree to sing in advance anyway. I am sorry, but with all the tweets and posts from Trevor and Adam Shankman, it is a very clear cut case.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:27 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Uh, no.  I said that Trevor Live jumped the gun and put Chris down as performing.  I assumed Chris was clear on what he wanted to do , but Trevor Live wanted more publicity.  

Because by Chris refusing to sing, he started this entire PR mess and would most likely leave a negative reputation, no matter the negotiations that happened in advance.  And I am not buying Chris didn't agree to sing in advance anyway. I am sorry, but with all the tweets and posts from Trevor and Adam Shankman, it is a very clear cut case.
I never said Chris refused to sing. I said he never committed to sing from the getgo. Sorry but that is a big difference. I doubt that Chris would commit to something and then back out, just my speculation.

I guessing you're willing to overlook that Chris has never sang live on his own.

Performing is not always singing but it seems to be used interchangeably at times it seems and then split back to different things.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 4:45 pm

There is a first time for everything. So Chris decided to sing for Trevor, as he likes to reach out to young people of his own community?! There are repirts he already offered last year and he got rejected.

I am not overlooking the fact he never performed before, I just don't assume it is THE valid point for this arguments because neither of us have clear insight of the BTS-procedures from Trevor. And as I said: please present any evidence that Chris rejected to sing. Your opinion is just as much based on speculation as mine.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 5:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:There is a first time for everything. So Chris decided to sing for Trevor, as he likes to reach out to young people of his own community?! There are repirts he already offered last year and he got rejected.

I am not overlooking the fact he never performed before, I just don't assume it is THE valid point for this arguments because neither of us have clear insight of the BTS-procedures from Trevor. And as I said: please present any evidence that Chris rejected to sing. Your opinion is just as much based on speculation as mine.

Thank you!  I've said all along I was speculating since there was no evidence.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 5:54 pm

After all the heavy talk, this gif-set of Chris and Will makes me so incredible giddy (I am the most unromantic person alive). The way Will looks at Chris... I cannot fault him wub

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mwwr42fduE1qbool4o1_400
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/27/2013, 5:59 pm

Interview with Matt:

Once “Glee” came along, it completely changed the ballgame for him, opening him up to a more international audience and allowing him to spread his wings and see what opportunities come.
He’s proud of the work he’s done on the show and the message that has resonated with so many — especially those in the LGBT community.

“Through the voice of Kurt, I think we saw that first voice of a young gay person and the experiences that he had to go through in high school. There’s a lot of people telling these kids it gets better, but when you are in it, you don’t really see that sometimes,” says Morrison, who’s straight. “I feel it was great for people to actually see him go through the stuff and actually see he went through the trouble and it did get better. I think that character was such an inspiration to a lot of the younger gay audience going through a similar experience.”

Matthew Morrison
washingtonblad.com

Maybe Trevor Live should read this. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 11/27/2013, 6:31 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:After all the heavy talk, this gif-set of Chris and Will makes me so incredible giddy (I am the most unromantic person alive). The way Will looks at Chris... I cannot fault him wub

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mwwr42fduE1qbool4o1_400
I know. I get all misty-eyed. Lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/29/2013, 7:09 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mx1g9kNObJ1qe476yo1_500

bounce
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/29/2013, 9:58 pm

I dare say with the "legs" of LOS The Enchantress it's probably sold more copies then the original LOS. tonguue  The publishing company with a promised 3 more books has to be thrilled with the business they are getting for Chris Colfer, author.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/29/2013, 10:21 pm

Buenos wrote:I dare say with the "legs" of LOS The Enchantress it's probably sold more copies then the original LOS.  tonguue    The publishing company with a promised 3 more books has to be thrilled with the business they are getting for Chris Colfer, author.
And more and more people are still discovering SBL movie and book. Smile

So, it is nice that both are still making some sort of money.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/30/2013, 8:32 pm

Smile 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mx3a4vQjHZ1qe476yo1_r1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mx3a4vQjHZ1qe476yo2_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/30/2013, 9:53 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 12 Tumblr_mx3qaqGeqK1qe476yo1_500
2013’s most memorable shirtless moments on TV
7 of 21
Chris Colfer, ‘Glee’

Kurt surprised us all when he went through with getting a tattoo, but what surprised us more? Chris Colfer beefed up!
Source: zap2it
via ccn.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 12/1/2013, 12:55 am

^Lol, they seem surprised. Obviously they haven't been looking closely because we've seen him beefing up over the years. fanny2 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/1/2013, 8:50 am

Stupid me, the Brother Grimm were buried in Berlin so Chris actually didn't just visit Bavaria during his Germany trip. Makes me actually very happy he also saw other places of Germany blushh 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/2/2013, 2:36 pm

Several random notes:

I just can't get over how well Chris as Kurt and even Chris as Chris wears clothes. I should say he wears clothes, the clothes don't wear him. It doesn't hurt that he has broad shoulders, a thin waist and legs that go on for miles.

One of the reasons Chris doesn't have to overwork acting scenes with exaggerated facial expressions is because he gets so much done with just his eyes, besides being gorgeous they are so expressive.
He seems a proponent acting wise of "less is more" for the most part.
Chris can express more with one raised eyebrow than most. He saves the big dramatic flourishes on rare ocassions, and I love how he can "read" a scene to see how much he needs to modulate his acting.

For example, in the tribute to Finn, the scene with both Burt and Carole he was in essence supporting their "big" emotional acting, as he was in the Santana/jacket scene. Yet even when supporting he doesn't recede into the background and holds his own.

THE LOS franchise is really big because it's establishing his literary following with a whole generation of parents/kids that can go on for decades. He can act and write because of the flexibility and I would love him to write pieces for magazines like his short Rowling piece for "TIME".

Maybe it's me, but even his singing voice sounds richer and more mature these days. I think it's really improved even since Season One and I actually would love him to sing something like "Defying Gravity" again to actually see the difference. I haven't give up hope he will record an album some day and I think once he's off Glee he might do it at his own leisure.

It's just amazing how at the age of 23 this talented young man has seemingly so much ahead of him. wub wub  Don't get me wrong, I think he's attractive but his talent is what I find most fascinating about him.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/2/2013, 5:29 pm

@Buenos, I'm with you, also I like most about his is his talent. Because is full of young good looking actors out there, so a boy who is also talented, I think is a great appeal.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 12/3/2013, 3:42 am

Speaking of TLOS and his literary following--

I was watching the 10:00 local news tonight (KUSI in San Diego), and the story headline was something like "8-year-old girl uses savings for toys for tots donation"

I had my back to the tv, but it caught my attention when I heard "Chris Colfer" and "The Land of Stories." It was cute. The girl was at a podium at what I assume was a toys for tots press event. She had military/first responders behind her during her speech. Basically she used her savings to donate TLOS books to toys for tots. She talked about why she liked the author Chris Colfer and his books. Then she urged people to make their contributions to toys for tots.

It was really sweet and a treat to catch. I'm trying to see if they have or will have the segment posted online on their sites. Would be nice for Chris (and other fans) to see. No luck yet (website).

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/3/2013, 3:58 am

brisallie wrote:@Buenos, I'm with you, also I like most about his is his talent. Because is full of young good looking actors out there, so a boy who is also talented, I think is a great appeal.
I also agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/3/2013, 4:11 am

mindschemez wrote:Speaking of TLOS and his literary following--

I was watching the 10:00 local news tonight (KUSI in San Diego), and the story headline was something like "8-year-old girl uses savings for toys for tots donation"

I had my back to the tv, but it caught my attention when I heard "Chris Colfer" and "The Land of Stories." It was cute. The girl was at a podium at what I assume was a toys for tots press event. She had military/first responders behind her during her speech. Basically she used her savings to donate TLOS books to toys for tots. She talked about why she liked the author Chris Colfer and his books. Then she urged people to make their contributions to toys for tots.

It was really sweet and a treat to catch. I'm trying to see if they have or will have the segment posted online on their sites. Would be nice for Chris (and other fans) to see. No luck yet (website).
That is so wonderful to see. wub

He is really making a name for himself outside of Glee.

I just love these stories about little kids loving his TLOS series. He has really created a new generation of new readers.

And reintroduced us older ones to the fairytales we grew up on. wub

He has really created a book series that any age can love and enjoy.

I am getting impatient for his third one.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next