Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Lottie2303 9/17/2013, 3:26 pm

Aha... Thanks guys.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 4:25 pm

There is one shot of Chris, Lea and Naya in the "At the Ballet" scene from S4. There is also Jane saying "What does the Fox say?" .
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/17/2013, 5:27 pm

If I remember correctly they showed Jane once saying "What does the fox say", Kurt+Rachel+Santana very briefly in 'At The Ballet', Marley+Unique+Tina also very briefly during 'Diva', and Darren 3 times:
#1 with the mouse thingy saying "What does the fox say", #2 in that yellow chicken suit at the Kids Choice Awards, and #3 singing and dancing during 'Shout'.
It's still Blee alright. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 5:43 pm

It's just a minute and a half promo folks!  That's all it is!   tonguue 

Nobody is going to remember this promo in a few weeks, take my word!  Razz

The New Girl actors "dancing" was hilarious!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/17/2013, 6:08 pm

^It may be just 1 1/2 minutes that gets forgotten soon by the GA, but it's still made by Fox and therefore it shows where their priotities and interests lie.
Featuring Blarren 3 times is not a coincidence.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 6:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^It may be just 1 1/2 minutes that gets forgotten soon by the GA, but it's still made by Fox and therefore it shows where their priotities and interests lie.
What about all the times Fox used Chris, Cory and Lea?

With all due respect, when FOX uses Chris and Lea in Promos/advertising people bitch for other reasons.  Just my opinion but it's reading  way too much in a silly 1 1/2 minute promo.  coool

I was amused that they used NEW GIRL actors more than  Glee, or the fact that FOX used Paulina Rubio for XFACTOR ,  but I'm certainly not going to read too much into that either.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/17/2013, 6:35 pm

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^It may be just 1 1/2 minutes that gets forgotten soon by the GA, but it's still made by Fox and therefore it shows where their priotities and interests lie.
What about all the times Fox used Chris, Cory and Lea?

With all due respect, when FOX uses Chris and Lea in Promos/advertising people bitch for other reasons.  Just my opinion but it's reading  way too much in a silly 1 1/2 minute promo.  coool
But that's just it. We all know they usually throw in a shot or 2 of Lea/Rachel and Chris/Kurt in the promos to get the interests of the GA for their characters (although their fans already know it's usually a red herring). In season 4 they were there in practically every promo, while the noobs and also Darren/Blaine were not used as much as them.

But so far for season 5 they have featured Darren/Blaine most prominently in all their promo work:
- the first promo with as first shot Blaine, plus Darren talking about the show and Blaine proposing.
- the first song that was fully released was a Blaine song.
- the Klaine kiss that was all over the media.
- the previews snippets which featured Blaine heavily in all the songs he participates in, even when there are multiple people singing in those songs.
-  I vaguely remember a promo picture being used of him to promote the show coming back, but I'm not sure about that one.
- and now this Fox promo, which has only a few Glee characters being shown once, in a split second, but has Darren/Blaine 3 times in it.

All I'm noticing is that this is a change from season 4, when Kurt and Rachel in NY were far more promoted than Blaine, so to me it seems that they are pushing Darren/Blaine to the foreground heavily for the promotion of season 5 now, and I don't like the consequences of that if it's true.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 6:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

All I'm noticing is that this is a change from season 4, when Kurt and Rachel in NY were far more promoted than Blaine, so to me it seems that they are pushing Darren/Blaine to the foreground heavily for the promotion of season 5 now, and I don't like the consequences of that if it's true.
What consequences?  I doubt if they can use McKinlley more then they did in Season 4.  If any thing, the songs spoiled for the first two episodes show that the NY characters have gotten more songs between them then they did last year for the first two episodes.  So no, I clearly do not share your pessimism for now.  Razz  Darren is available for promotion and they used him, I don't see anything horrible about that.

Plus last time I saw using Klaine kiss for promotion also is using Chris Colfer. Razz 

Ask me after the first 3 episode have aired and I might change my tune, but for now I don't see everything negative and gloom and doom.  Fox promotion is separate from Glee writing, we all know that.

BTW, some of those people in the Promo are on FOX  shows that I'm fairly sure are going to get canceled this year so that is how much importance i give to a promo.  For all we know Chris and Lea were not available for the promo and putting on the silly hats, I fail to see dire consequences for a 1 1/2 minute promo where it was split seconds on flashing scenes.  FWIW, I think the FOX promo people realized it was silly not to use the actors on Glee that were actually on the show last year, so using Darren in Promos makes sense, since he was featured prominently on the show. The beginning of this year for promotion has been very bizarre, and let's face facts Lea was not available for much promotion at all.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/17/2013, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2013, 7:15 pm

I moved the discussion of Amber on Dancing with the Stars to the Culture Point board. You can find it here:

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/t520-amber-on-dancing-with-the-stars
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/17/2013, 9:53 pm

Well, finally saw the promo. Need to bleach my brain with vodka now. I somehow managed to avoid that particular piece of crap song this summer (maybe because I've been listening to good music on Pandora all summer) so hearing it was a special brand of torture. And given what a total crap fest that promo was, I'm not at all upset about Lea and Chris not being heavily featured. The further they are away from shit like this, the better.

As far as Darren being "featured", I'm guessing that this was filmed a few weeks ago while Lea was still dealing with Cory's death and Chris was busy focusing on supporting her and then his book tour. Darren was at loose ends so he was "honored" with being in the promo.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part. It's also possible that upon hearing what the promo entailed, both Lea and Chris said, "Ha ha ha ha.... no. Call us when you get a decent promo idea."

In the end, I don't think it will mean anything. This is a promo clearly aimed at the younger segment of the audience (Darren's fan base) and not us. When they start doing more serious promotion (which got completely derailed with Cory's death), I think we'll see more selling of Chris and Lea.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/17/2013, 11:44 pm

only darren's fan base is still pumped for this show. most of oldies are already on the verge of retiring if not already so. so what's the point of promoting it to us? we seem to hate everything coming out of hte spoiler-room anyway. Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/17/2013, 11:53 pm

fantastica wrote:only darren's fan base is still pumped for this show. most of oldies are already on the verge of retiring if not already so. so what's the point of promoting it to us? we seem to hate everything coming out of hte spoiler-room anyway. Smile 
I am only plan on watching the tribute episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 6:08 pm

emmys: producer ken ehrlich defends 'in memoriam' choices
Monteith, whose lone TV credit of significance was Glee, made the cut because of the extenuating circumstances of his sudden death in July.
"It was a rather personal choice, Cory’s appeal is to a different generation," said Ehrlich. "At 31, he passed away under very different circumstances. It was important to be responsible to the younger viewers to whom Cory meant perhaps as much as these other individuals meant to their own generations."
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2013, 7:46 pm

Someone on a private board mentioned this source:

http://showthemwhat.tumblr.com/post/58967290965/screentime-on-glee-in-season-4-through-4x22-all-or

I can't even muster rage anymore.

4x01 through 4x21: screen time for characters
(Not including time when they are merely audience figures during performances)
TOTAL TIME: 946 minutes, 28 seconds
Lima:  721 minutes, 11 seconds; 76.2% of the total screen time
NYC:  225 minutes, 17 seconds; 23.8% of the total screen time

-=-=-=-=-=-
Blaine:  275 minutes, 50 seconds; 29.1% of the total screen time
Marley:  235 minutes, 25 seconds; 24.9% of the total screen time
Jake:  218 minutes, 42 seconds; 23.1% of the total screen time
Sam:  214 minutes, 31 seconds; 22.7% of the total screen time
Ryder:  200 minutes, 55 seconds; 21.2% of the total screen time
Tina:  191 minutes, 29 seconds; 20.2% of the total screen time
Arty:  188 minutes, 14 seconds; 19.9% of the total screen time
Rachel:  185 minutes, 41 seconds; 19.6% of the total screen time
Brittany:  183 minutes, 25 seconds; 19.4% of the total screen time
Kitty:  162 minutes, 37 seconds; 17.2% of the total screen time
Kurt:  156 minutes, 53 seconds; 16.6% of the total screen time
Finn:  153 minutes, 59 seconds; 16.3% of the total screen time
Unique:  150 minutes, 40 seconds; 15.9% of the total screen time
Will:  111 minutes, 57 seconds; 11.8% of the total screen time
Santana:  87 minutes, 41 seconds; 9.3% of the total screen time
Sue:  58 minutes, 8 seconds; 6.1% of the total screen time
Brody:  53 minutes, 16 seconds; 5.6% of the total screen time
Emma:  35 minutes, 53 seconds; 3.8% of the total screen time
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/18/2013, 7:58 pm

^ haha, blaine was in almost 1/3 of the show last season. Matt the "lead actor" was in 11% but most of the time he was doodling on the whiteboard/blackboard. and the "lead actress" has less than 20%. this must be a joke. we already knew glee is now blee. i don't give a shit anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 2:30 am

^ While I am not surprise, clear cut numbers are always shocking. So much about all the different fandom who just complain because they are jealous of Blaine, without reason:roll: Also from all characters, it is Marley who gets so much focus...beam 

Rachel, Kurt and Santana are all fan favorites, no matter how much we like/dislike them. Only on Glee would they do such a stupid decison.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 4:41 am

NPH Rolls Out Emmys Red Carpet, Previews Tributes

The second-most tweeted scripted show, and the most-tweeted comedy, is Glee, which inspired nearly 3 million tweets this past year.

While the musical series is up for another four nominations, they come on a somber note, as cast member Cory Monteith died at the age of 31 due to drug overdose before the show’s fifth season. Jane Lynch, who is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress, will tribute her late co-star during the show’s in memoriam segment.

"We just wanted to honor specific people in a more unique way and not in a pander-y kind of way," Harris said of the scheduled tributes. "We thought that being able to speak about Cory’s death without seeming to be profiting from it in any way seemed really appropriate.
I'm judging.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/19/2013, 8:47 am

i'm with people who are angry. cory was part of our fandom and he will be greatly missed, but his loss is no greater then some of the other actors who have been in the industry for decades and won't be getting an individual tribute. should have been all or non. and given that gandolffini was a multiple emmy winner and nominee, he is the only one who may deserve an individual send-off.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/19/2013, 12:03 pm

^What ticks me off the most about this is that Cory never even was an Emmy nominee.

I loved him for his work and think he deserved all the recognition he got and more (including an Emmy nod), but the Emmy's should stick to remembering deceased people who were actually nominated or won an Emmy. 
Or if they wanted to remember all kinds of people in the industry who they think deserve it and not only the Emmy nominees, they could have simply put Cory in the normal tribute, but certainly not push him to the foreground for a special tribute amongst very accomplished actors like Jean Stapleton and Gandolfini.

And bullshit: Cory's way of dying should not be an extra reason to feature him so prominently (as was implied in one of those interviews).
Cory's young age and the shock it caused in the fandom and industry: yes, I can see that this would be a reason why his death touched so many people and why award shows like the Emmy's would consider remembering him (in the normal tribute) even when he was never nominated, but not the circumstances of his death. It reeks of sensation seeking.

I suspect an attempt to get younger people to watch the award show or to create more buzz in general. I also wouldn't be surprised if some Fox PR was behind it as well.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/19/2013, 12:23 pm

they are trying to appeal to the young audience. it's a marketing decision.

as for cory, he's dead and he can't feel anything whether people forget him or turn him into god.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 12:59 pm

fantastica wrote:they are trying to appeal to the young audience. it's a marketing decision.
It it walks, talks and looks like pandering, that's what it is. Rolling Eyes
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 1:11 pm

The Emmy's lost so much credibility. It is all about politics and favoritism and not necessarily about the best performers. The media and GA is more focused about the ignored actors then the actual show.

This is one big fact marketing ploy. I am sick how Cory's death is abused to increase viewer numbers :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/19/2013, 1:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^What ticks me off the most about this is that Cory never even was an Emmy nominee.

I loved him for his work and think he deserved all the recognition he got and more (including an Emmy nod), but the Emmy's should stick to remembering deceased people who were actually nominated or won an Emmy. 
Or if they wanted to remember all kinds of people in the industry who they think deserve it and not only the Emmy nominees, they could have simply put Cory in the normal tribute, but certainly not push him to the foreground for a special tribute amongst very accomplished actors like Jean Stapleton and Gandolfini.

And bullshit: Cory's way of dying should not be an extra reason to feature him so prominently (as was implied in one of those interviews).
Cory's young age and the shock it caused in the fandom and industry: yes, I can see that this would be a reason why his death touched so many people and why award shows like the Emmy's would consider remembering him (in the normal tribute) even when he was never nominated, but not the circumstances of his death. It reeks of sensation seeking.

I suspect an attempt to get younger people to watch the award show or to create more buzz in general. I also wouldn't be surprised if some Fox PR was behind it as well.
Well said.

I love Cory, but anything more than a photo in the in memorium is too much. In all honesty, he's probably not that well outside of the Glee fandom, and was relatively unknown prior to Glee. I'm not discrediting his accomplishments, just saying that his career doesn't warrant more than a photo in the montage.

Also, to say that they are paying more of a tribute to him because of the circumstances of his death is ridiculous. I admire Cory for getting and staying clean for so many years, but ultimately it was his choices in life that lead to his death, and I don't think that he should be recognized or glorified for a death that was ultimately the result of his addictions/choices (especially when there are probably many other actors who have died this past year who have more illustrious careers).

Sadly, a young actor dying because of addiction is not an unusual circumstance anymore--it happens frequently enough that I can't help but wonder each time how many more young talented actors have to die before the industry does more to clean up the sets and the parties, and help its talent. If they want to truly honor Cory's memory, the should do what the can to try to make him the last one to die this way.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 1:55 am

Lea Michele, who was seen reading a copy of the book “Gone Girl,” is expected to appear at the 2013 Emmy Awards this weekend alongside some of her Glee co-stars for a tribute to Cory.
— JustJared
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 2:51 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Tumblr_mtefund7bS1ql1znmo4_r2_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Tumblr_mtefund7bS1ql1znmo2_r2_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Tumblr_mtefund7bS1ql1znmo1_r1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 11 Tumblr_mtefund7bS1ql1znmo3_r2_250

Lea Michele spends a few hours at the ‘Meche Salon’ in West Hollywood prepping for her big Emmy’s weekend. (x)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next