Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 1:50 pm

I really enjoyed the deleted musical number "Mr. Monotony" between Will and Sue on the DVD set.

Just amazed how talented Matt Morrison.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Lottie2303 9/12/2013, 1:55 pm

Kadam makes me nostalgic. I really want Adam back, in worst case as friend.

Dean and him being the perfect fit for Brody makes me laugh very hard.

The "natural progression" for Rachel to be immediately cast on BW makes me roll my eyes.

Ian Brennan seems to be a NYC guy. I am sad, as I get the impression he has least to say about Glee, and I like his mind the most.

Overall, it is just a shame they neglected NYC so much. It has so much potential and excitement!

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 9/12/2013, 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 1:59 pm

Ian does seem like a cool guy, doesn't he?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/12/2013, 2:03 pm

Remember that Glee was originally Ian's idea and concept. Ryan and Brad had the clout to make it happen, but it was Ian's concept.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/12/2013, 2:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Remember that Glee was originally Ian's idea and concept. Ryan and Brad had the clout to make it happen, but it was Ian's concept.
Yes. It is also interesting how Ryan and Brad seem to pretend it was their idea and seem to dismiss Ian. I hope for future Ian Brennan projects with no RB involvement.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/12/2013, 2:10 pm

I know Ian comes off in here quite NY friendly but I remember being pissed off at him about something he's said about Kurt or during the Graduation gate. Can someone remember? My mind is shot to pieces right now.

But still I wish they'd stick with his dark theme and make Glee less of a teenbobber show.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/12/2013, 3:24 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
The "natural progression" for Rachel to be immediately cast on BW makes me roll my eyes.
Totally agree here. What should be the natural progression is for Rachel to get a real taste of what the theater world is is not for her to get a huge Broadway role barely a year after graduating high school and having her only acting experience being a high school play. That is pure fantasy. I totally get that eventually Rachel will and should get her big shot, but to do it now would be far too soon. And it would be deathly dull to see Rachel again cut off from the rest of the cast doing her own thing.

How about Rachel really cutting her teeth in the lower rungs of the theater world and joining a workshop. Or doing an off-off-off Broadway production where the theater has ten seats and her costume is make from paper bags because they've got absolutely no budget. Let her actually earn her way to that huge role instead of just coasting along the way she did all last season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 9/12/2013, 3:39 pm

Just out of curiosity and totally random but is Brad (Ryan, Ian, Brad) the same Brad as the piano player Brad? If not, then who is the person playing Brad the piano guy?
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 3:48 pm

Ranwing wrote: And it would be deathly dull to see Rachel again cut off from the rest of the cast doing her own thing.
I agree, and that aired promo shot of Rachel in a Diner Outfit (it's been aired so it's not a spoiler) seems to indicate they to get Rachel into a bit more working world reality.

The last part of Season 4 for Rachel was a mistake because she was cut off by 4.22 even from Kurt and Santana.  Who thought of that brilliant idea? Rolling Eyes  We all know the end of Glee, at some point Rachel will be the Broadway star, I just with they would make the journey more full of bumps and potholes along the way.   Though I think Finn's death is going to be a game changer for Rachel, in that I always felt she knew his love and support was going to be there no matter what.

That is gone.

Maybe working in a Diner means her Dads lost all their money in a Ponzi scheme, who knows?  

Santana is interesting because we don't even know what her journey actually is yet, though I'm thinking she is going to go the indie/musician way.

Kurt I wouldn't mind if they make him try different stuff, a rock band, a singing waiter, etc.  I don't mind that his path isn't that easy to the top, Just prefer that it be both funny and dramatic. Taking  him out of his comfort zone of musical theatre would be interesting.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/12/2013, 4:10 pm

I think it also speaks volumes about Lea Michele who by no means has the typical BW story. She is a childstar and was hugely successful from an early age, good for her (I mean this sincerely), but she doesn't know nor seems to understand real struggle for newbies in the theater scene. I can see her wanting to recreate her own lifestory, discrediting reality and how it may not benefit her character.

Rachel in FG is a) as Wendy mentioned a problem, as she is split from the entire cast, and b) makes Rachel actually unlikable because no one likes a forced Cinderella story. I bet actually, the same story with Kurt would work differently, as no one would expect it to happen.

I am still lol'ing about Dean being the best person for Brody. Has anyone ever looked closely at his acting and singing skills? He was so majorly miscast, it is hilarious how they still try to sell him.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/12/2013, 4:18 pm

ladydianab wrote:Just out of curiosity and totally random but is Brad (Ryan, Ian, Brad) the same Brad as the piano player Brad? If not, then who is the person playing Brad the piano guy?
They are not the same person. The piano player's name is Brad Ellis, the producer who is part of RIB is Brad Falchuk.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 5:49 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

I am still lol'ing about Dean being the best person for Brody. Has anyone ever looked closely at his acting and singing skills? He was so majorly miscast, it is hilarious how they still try to sell him.
I hear that part of the problem with Glee is that really good musical theatre actors like Aaron Tveidt and Jeremy Jordan are hesitant to sign up for a recurring guest role  now because Glee makes them sign these draconian contracts.   For example, all future recordings have to be approved by Glee's musical connection (Columbia?) who has first dibs on any possible album.    Darren said in interviews that when he  first signed up they made a big issue of making sure even as a relative unknown he didn't have any standing recording contract with any Label.

Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato are exceptions, because they  are already established  with their own record deals so they don't have to go through this, but anybody else who is not already a star has to sign in blood including agreeing to potentially tour for Glee.  The characters who play Jake, Marley, Kitty, etc are paid relative peanuts and most likely have to legally commit to touring and having Glee green light any possible record deals.

Just a hunch, but one of the reasons IMO that RM wanted to reshuffle the cast in S4 was that he knew that even though they were legally obligated, no way in hell were regulars that were now "stars' like  Lea, Chris, Cory, Naya,  etc, were going to agree to a third straight year of a gruelling Glee musical tour in the summer.   So RM was probably thinking he needed a new cast he could work to death and in his own delusional mind, I think he thought they would go on to a successful tour AFTER  S4 when they became breakout stars like the first cast. That is,  until the financial writing was on the wall that  there was no interest in that from the public.    There will NEVER be another Glee tour is my not so bold prediction.   Anyone who thinks a chunk of people would  pay good money to see Marley and Jake headline a Glee tour are  smoking bad crack (though I think those actors/singers themselves are OK as supporting characters)

So signing up with Glee is  something at this point only complete and hungry  unknowns would be willing to do.  I daresay any young up and coming  Broadway stars would think twice before signing up with Glee now.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/12/2013, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/12/2013, 5:55 pm

^ i believe adam L is signed up w/ sony/columbia already. don't know Demi but i assume it's the same.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 6:03 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i believe adam L is signed up w/ sony/columbia already. don't know Demi but i assume it's the same.
Sure, but they are independent of Glee.  If they want to do tours and stuff on their own separate from Glee they can.  Someone like Nick Jonas, who has voiced interest in appearing on Glee would be a similar case.

When I read  the delusional RM ass lickers in other forums (and we all know how they are) go on and on how this cast of new  kids are SO  popular, better, and well loved by the GA and preferable to the the old cast we all know the answer to this question:

So how is that Glee tour with those new stars going??

At the end of this season, those ass lickers know the ND kids still won't be able to support a Glee tour, not like the old cast.  But of course they'd rather run naked through a room of rattlesnakes than admit it because of their own stanning agendas.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/12/2013, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/12/2013, 6:20 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o2_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o3_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o4_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o6_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o7_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o8_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o5_250
x

Oliver is such a cutie. wub  And they did have chemistry.

I hate to think that Kadam is over now. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/12/2013, 6:34 pm

a good relationship killed in its infancy. :(  w/ this show you just can't have the good thing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/12/2013, 7:05 pm

That Kevin...Smile 

http://kevinmchalenews.com/

Keith Lemon: Is [Glee] any good?
Kevin McHale: They pay me, so it's the best show I've ever seen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/12/2013, 8:00 pm

kudos to kevin.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/12/2013, 8:46 pm

Buenos wrote:That Kevin...Smile 

http://kevinmchalenews.com/

Keith Lemon: Is [Glee] any good?
Kevin McHale: They pay me, so it's the best show I've ever seen.
Razz 

Wow, not even his own actors believe in this crap anymore. Well done Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 9/12/2013, 10:45 pm

I love Kurt/Chris and the original characters/actors but after seeing most of S4 they should have tied it up all nice with a bow! I believe that all the actors gave their best but you can still tell that they are just not into it anymore. Kudos to Kevin!!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 9/13/2013, 12:18 am

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o2_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o3_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o4_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o6_250 General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o7_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o8_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 7 Tumblr_mt0q3mT1Sq1rtx3n1o5_250
x

Oliver is such a cutie. wub  And they did have chemistry.

I hate to think that Kadam is over now. :(
I love Oliver, and I miss Kadam so much. But I'm so glad Oliver and Chris are friends in real life, they're both really great guys who deserve better than what Glee is giving them.

And I love what Kevin said!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/13/2013, 1:16 am

i have a thing for british accent. i am practically speaking british in my sleep. sad to see him go. maybe it's for the better. glee is such a crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/13/2013, 1:36 am

I loved the Blaine Time Capsule video. It was really cute. I haven't watched the videos yet because part of me wants to wait until I get the DVD but I may cave and watch them.

I do kinda wish we got to see a little more Kadam. I thought they would had a cute friendship.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/13/2013, 2:17 am

I loved the making of the New York set and the whole "concept" behind it.  Like how the NYADA dance studio was influenced by Degas and that the Mercedes auto car seat as a chair was suppose to link  back to Kurt's relationship with Burt.  Those little touches, including the lighted Star for Rachel, and the loft rats are interesting to see why they made those choices.

Also like how Blaine referred to Kurt as the star of the galaxy.neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/13/2013, 2:43 am

fantastica wrote:a good relationship killed in its infancy. :(  w/ this show you just can't have the good thing.
Agree, I rather have canon Kadam than canon Klaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next