Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  ColferInspired 10/28/2013, 5:28 am

Glorfindel wrote:REALLY? ohmy

A trigger warning? Are they out of their minds?
How insulting is that? JEEZ!!! antifana

And they call themselves LGBTQ supporters. Bastards!!! ijuta sayian rentine
Their ship is not existing and they start this crap. tronco

I don't like seeing that car scene on my dash and have some Klainer have it mixed with Klaine kissing scenes like it was meant to be romantic. I saw that last week. Why I immediately unfollowed them. vomir 

I never realised how triggering that scene was for a lot of fans. It is brave of them to post about their frightening experiences just to show why it is triggering.

I think that is why these fans stopped watching, because they treated it as nothing. We didn't get Kurt's point of view afterwards. The victim wasn't given a voice.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Lottie2303 10/28/2013, 6:02 am

TW: talk about the car park scene and some very harsh words:

I actually think many fans are unintentionally oblivious and ignoring this very heavy scene that obviously implies sexual assault is perfectly fine as long as alcohol is involved. I remember seeing it for the first time, feeling uncomfortable and basically ignored my feeling and just continued watching and “Klaining”. Once you look at that scene a second time with an open and critical mind, there is no denying what happened. That scene was one of the bleakest and most horrible moments of Glee, because they supported rape culture, apologized for sexual assault and victim blaming. There is also no way to continue shipping Klaine and liking Blaine once you understand the scene. Therefore by ignoring it, they don’t have to face the consequences. Glee never did and Blaine was never called out for it. So why should their fans? As silly as it sounds, but to realize that the character you love and cherish actually attempted rape, that is one very hard pill to swallow. Also the Blaine/Klaine fandom is very active to debunk and ignore this scene. I can see why many Blaine/Klaine fans are just easy to influence, as their “favorite Klainers” debunk the scene, so obviously everyone else just hates Blaine and invents stupid reasons. Believe me, those never actually read the good and detailed car park scene posts. Because everyone with a critical mind, cannot deny what happened during the car park scene. However it speaks also a lot about our society, that we rather belittle the victim and defend the abuser, just because the second one is attractive and such a sweet cupcake. Looking at today’s rape culture, all those fans who deny this scene are a major part of it and unintentionally supporting all those cases where the rapists get defended and the victims get blamed. They may sound very harsh, but it is frankly put the truth. Ignoring rape culture is just as dangerous as openly supporting it.

Edit: I just posted this on tumblr. I am terrified for the response. I will be burned alive. Yes I know what I am implying with this post. I stand by it phr34r 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/28/2013, 6:43 am

Lottie2303 wrote:TW: talk about the car park scene and some very harsh words:

I actually think many fans are unintentionally oblivious and ignoring this very heavy scene that obviously implies sexual assault is perfectly fine as long as alcohol is involved. I remember seeing it for the first time, feeling uncomfortable and basically ignored my feeling and just continued watching and “Klaining”. Once you look at that scene a second time with an open and critical mind, there is no denying what happened. That scene was one of the bleakest and most horrible moments of Glee, because they supported rape culture, apologized for sexual assault and victim blaming. There is also no way to continue shipping Klaine and liking Blaine once you understand the scene. Therefore by ignoring it, they don’t have to face the consequences. Glee never did and Blaine was never called out for it. So why should their fans? As silly as it sounds, but to realize that the character you love and cherish actually attempted rape, that is one very hard pill to swallow. Also the Blaine/Klaine fandom is very active to debunk and ignore this scene. I can see why many Blaine/Klaine fans are just easy to influence, as their “favorite Klainers” debunk the scene, so obviously everyone else just hates Blaine and invents stupid reasons. Believe me, those never actually read the good and detailed car park scene posts. Because everyone with a critical mind, cannot deny what happened during the car park scene. However it speaks also a lot about our society, that we rather belittle the victim and defend the abuser, just because the second one is attractive and such a sweet cupcake. Looking at today’s rape culture, all those fans who deny this scene are a major part of it and unintentionally supporting all those cases where the rapists get defended and the victims get blamed. They may sound very harsh, but it is frankly put the truth. Ignoring rape culture is just as dangerous as openly supporting it.
That is why I am disgusted with the way it was done.

They could have wrote an episode from a victims point of view and could have helped so many, but because Blarren was their golden boy they had to write it so it seemed they were supporting rape culture just because they wanted people to continue buying Blarren's songs . :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/28/2013, 6:46 am

^ To be fair, I think Glee never intended to glorify rape culture either. But they did and they never acknowledged it. That speaks volumes about today's society and it is just dangerous. I hope and wish someday someone in a more powerful position (some respected magazine or something) will finally call out RIB/FOX for this very disgusting message and starts to acknowledge what the scene actually was: attempted rape. Harsh but true.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/29/2013, 3:06 am

I just love this. rooots 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 36 Tumblr_mveo1esyJD1qhvuz6o7_500

heyerchick:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/29/2013, 5:09 am

You got to love anonymous internet, it's good that most of these heinous people only spent time going between work/school and intenet or sometimes not even leaving the internet. I think it's so easy to call someone they don't personally know all kinds of names, but some of these do look like the product of quite insane minds. Or then just completely uncencores/entitled children.

Well one thing is good, they don't like Chris anymore so they can move on and leave the rest of us and Chris alone.

And talking about the 'taking advantage' people: I sort of get where that attitude comes from, from reading too many romantically doomed novels and fanfiction where (note!) the heroine gets fooled into a abusive relationship. I wonder what in Chris' image, or Kurt's for that matter, gives the impression that would ever happen. And in the ever slight possibility it is the case then it still is none of their problem. Personal life=personal life.

(I do think Will's life might turn into dodging rotten eggs if things ever end for them unamicably. Sorry I just had a laugh at that, because lets face it Colferites like us are a bit nuts, and overtly protective! And before anyone gets upset it was just a fun thought not a prediction. Wink )
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 5:32 am

^ Yes. If by any chance we'd feel like Will would truly use Chris for professional or private purposes, this guy really would have a problem. As Chris said so nicely, one fan hit a paparazzi because she didn't agree with his attitude.

Thankfully that isn't the case. I mean come on, there must a line of boys we do not even know existed, who hooked up/were in some kind of relationship with Chris. There is a very good reason Chris never released those names to the public. By not hiding Will (but also not exploiting him), that speaks volumes how committed and dedicated Chris is in this relationship. I am just happy for him and thankfully Will seems to be a great catch was well (can we focus a bit on his costume? Both looked so hot!).

Overall, it is Chris life how can any fan be mad when he lives his life how he wants to and not how some fans envision it to be? I don't get that attitude.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 7:10 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Overall, it is Chris life how can any fan be mad when he lives his life how he wants to and not how some fans envision it to be? I don't get that attitude.
It's either simple jealousy or their idol not doing what they want him to do.
Or a combination of both. saispa

Those people are no fans: they're former fans gone sour because of some harmless, insignificant thing their idol has said or done that pissed them off because it disrupted their fantasies.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 7:16 am

^ I sincerely do not care for any logical explanation. I remember being 14, shipping hardcore for the first time, and even knowing then shipping the actors is ridiculous. And I was not a smart-know-it-all teenager.

Anyone who believes they have any right to control the life of a famous person, is totally out of their mind and it is not acceptable behavior.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 7:22 am

^Totally agree on that.

If I ever found out that one of my kids would do something like that I'd take away their laptop and phone and make sure they don't have internet access for at least a month, or better yet: till they're sane again.
And although I respect their privacy, there are ways of knowing at least the general picture of what they're doing when your kids are online.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/29/2013, 7:54 am

They want a gay couple to talk about, write about, fantasise over.

Well, they've got one, in Chill.

More and more are jumping ship so soon hopefully there will be a small portion left where their insanity will either be silenced or ignored.

It seems like the true Chris fans from this stupid ship are revealing themselves and appearing sane.

They see Chris is confident and happy.

Plus for the first time ever he called himself sexy.

Will is as big of dork as Chris, so I don't he would have needed much encouragement to embrace the Star Wars.

Though I am thinking as Will is obssessed with dinosaurs, and his birthday is Nov 3 that he could want a dinosaur theme.

I am sure Chris could create a sexy dinosaur costume for himself, or maybe a cave-man one. phr34r
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/29/2013, 7:58 am

ColferInspired wrote:I just love this. rooots 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 36 Tumblr_mveo1esyJD1qhvuz6o7_500

heyerchick:
Love this. And I hope those 'assholes' don't call themselves 'Chris's fans' because they're not. As I've mentioned before, crisscolfers are mostly a bunch of girls who want Chris to fulfill their fantasy, so I'm sure anyone who's not Darren will be hated.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 8:00 am

I don't understand how you (in general, not anyone here) can ship anyone who is a real person. Good that some people finally see some sense, but I perceive it as major entitlement to 'ship' actors with anyone. Let it be Darren, Will or the garbage man.

I do not "ship" Chris and Will. I love what we see of them, I love to see pictures, I love how they also send out such a positive message as they are just a normal couple living their life. I'd be sad if they broke it off - no questions asked. But at the end of the day I want Chris to be happy, as we are talking about his real life. How can anyone in their right mind expect and assume that Chris lives his life how some random person envisions it?! I.Do.Not.Get.It.

P.S. Love the dinosaur themed idea. Yes, I hope for one more picture the next day. fanny2

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 10/29/2013, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/29/2013, 8:12 am

Also I don't understand how you 'ship' real people, ok probably I've do it before, but I'm not in the way I think those two people are meant for each other. Because I know is real life and you can't control what people feels, isn't like in series, in which writers realize to put have chemistry or are the most populars ones, so they put them together. Besides, sometimes in RL relationships don't last forever, and I simply don't want people ask him Chris to not dump Will, for instance, only because they're a 'cute couple'. Is up to Chris what decisions he takes. As long as he's happy, whether with Will or another guy, I'm fine.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/29/2013, 8:50 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't understand how you (in general, not anyone here) can ship anyone who is a real person. Good that some people finally see some sense, but I perceive it as major entitlement to 'ship' actors with anyone. Let it be Darren, Will or the garbage man.

I do not "ship" Chris and Will. I love what we see of them, I love to see pictures, I love how they also send out such a positive message as they are just a normal couple living their life. I'd be sad if they broke it off - no questions asked. But at the end of the day I want Chris to be happy, as we are talking about his real life. How can anyone in their right mind expect and assume that Chris lives his life how some random person envisions it?! I.Do.Not.Get.It.

P.S. Love the dinosaur themed idea. Yes, I hope for one more picture the next day. fanny2
I am hoping the word ship leaves the Chill fandom as I see more and more coming to their senses that this a real couple not something that you ship.

As one blogger I saw said you can't ship a real couple which I have been saying since Will appeared  and it seems others also agree. I am just not into posting my opinions on tumblr as not many take notice of my posts anyway.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 9:49 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 36 Tumblr_mvegyihPcr1qjlwfuo1_500

Darren and his team are actively campaigning for the PCA awards for a while now, with tweets, facebook posts, messages and such.
And he has no trouble whoring out Klaine to get some attention on himself. dryy 

This is another one of his faux pas in the industry: you should not campaign for the PCA untill the last round, when the final 5 nominees are up against one another.
Before that only the fandoms are expected to promote the voting for their faves.

Stay classy as always, Darren. Rolling Eyes 

In the mean time: keep voting for Chris here. (hehe) suspectt
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 9:58 am

^I think the Glee fandom is the only fandom where people actively vote against their own fandom in order to prevent nominations. It is actually a very sad fact and illustrates the problems of them show.

I am actually terrified about the Klaine-category as I believe they have a real chance. I don't want Klaine anywhere near the PCA's or even worse, maybe even win vexe 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/29/2013, 11:22 am

Does anyone else find it funny that Darren/his team used a Klaine picture that was from a scene cut from the episode to promote this? (ETA And also one that is two years old). It does seem very tacky for him to be promoting voting for Klaine at this point.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 11:39 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Does anyone else find it funny that Darren/his team used a Klaine picture that was from a scene cut from the episode to promote this? (ETA And also one that is two years old). It does seem very tacky for him to be promoting voting for Klaine at this point.
Probably because the canon Klaine isn't very promotable, lol. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 11:41 am

I just made this post on tumblr (when I should have been working on finishing the GTGYIML review, ah well...), and I want to bring it here as well:

CrissColfers are voting down positive comments about Chris and Will at Matt’s Halloween party on E!online. This is not okay!

CrissColfers have voted down all positive comments about Chris and Will celebrating Halloween together. They are actively erasing real life gay representation on a public news website in an attempt to keep up their delusion of a non-excisting ship, a ship that they know makes the real people involved uncomfortable and has some of their fellow shippers insulting Chris’ and Darren’s loved ones on a regular basis.

This is homophobic, disrespectful, stupid, and frankly: borderline insane. This is not okay. This is not fantasizing about 2 actors you like to have a romantic relationship together and fangirling over them in your own shipping tags. This is not innocent fun. This is seriously fucked up.

Before I get any responses like “we’re not harming anyone with it” and “we’re not tweeting the actors directly” let me stop you right there, because voting down a real (gay) relationship on a public website is not keeping it to your own little fantasy shipping group, nor harmless. These negative votes will be read by many other people, either people who don’t know the hell what’s going on in the fandoms and have no clue why a gay couple gets so many negative votes, or people who are true fans of Chris and are really getting fed up with all the wank and legit hurt and damage you’ve been causing for quite a while now, and maybe even people who might know Chris or Will personally and get upset on their behalf (and God forbid they see it themselves).

Going public in any way, shape or form, whether it is directly to the real people involved or whether it is commenting on an article that has their names in it, especially when you comment in a very negative way (like voting their RL relationships down or insulting their loved ones) simply makes you a homophobic, ignorant, hypocrite (only supporting LGBTQ equality when it’s your OTP), immature, arrogant jerk.

*This is not directed at all CrissColfers, just the ones who voted down those comments, and those who have been jerks to Chris and Will (and Darren and Mia) in some other ways.

I would like to ask Colferites, Kurtsies, yes: even CrissColfers who can see how wrong their fellow shippers are, and anyone else who reads this and is appalled, to go to the E!online article and vote those comments up till they are in the positive again. Let’s leave a positive mark instead of an ugly stain, and show in public that we support Chris Colfer, including the relationship he chose himself.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 11:43 am

^ I saw that and I am disgusted. However when I visit the E!Online website, I do not see any comments at all saispa 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 11:53 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/29/2013, 11:54 am

Yup, I see nothing. I have that problem with E!Online for a while and also with different computers.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 11:57 am

^Bummer.

Well, the good news is that the comments are getting upvoted as we speak. neutre 
Some of them are already not grey anymore.

Thanks everyone who is partly responsible for this. cvece
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/29/2013, 12:16 pm

That part of the fandom is so disgusting.

I think part of this is just the reaction to the discussions of voting against Klaine in that PCA voting. Of course, these idiots don't understand the difference between real life and fiction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--this fandom is the reason why RIB should never reunite Klaine. This fandom is just so destructive to the actors real lives.

I really can't wait for a behind the scenes/tell all Glee book. (I used to think Darren would be the one to write it, but now I think Matt will be writing it).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next