Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

+20
tanita_mors
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Delight
arina
sjonnepon
glimmerle
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
fantastica
sheny
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
24 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  Glorfindel 8/18/2013, 5:51 pm

^I think so. Smile 

Well, he is in the building now:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrqupjJuuS1qe476yo1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrquqmeGIh1rl4ph7o1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrquy5PUhH1qe476yo1_500
x

Short video: link

A girl dressed as a unicorn just bowed to him and he was giggling so much omg he was like “you just bowed!!!!! Ahh, that’s awesome!!”
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  Glorfindel 8/18/2013, 6:11 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:31 pm

MY DAY. OH BOY MY DAY.
I literally went to Seattle, spent 3-4 hours there, met Chris Colfer, and came home all between 8:30 and 5 pm. I walked into my house just before 5. How even.
I’M JUST GONNA TYPE ABOUT MEETING CHRIS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT’S ALREADY A BIT OF A BLUR AND I NEED TO GET IT ALL DOWN NOW.
So. Joe and I got to go up to his table at the same time since we were on just the one ticket. One of the women there took our books to give to him and we walked up, totally shaking. Okay and I know everyone knows how gorgeous I think Chris is but he honestly is like 23415364x more beautiful when he’s sitting right in front of you and staring up at you. Like what even. He said hello and asked us how we were and we were like ‘oh we’re great blah blah’ and then I jumped right into telling him that we’re from Portland and we flew up in a tiny plane just to meet him and were going to fly back right after (a lady we talked to in line loved our story and INSISTED we share it with him). He was all ‘oh! I’ve never been but I hear Portland’s really beautiful! I’d like to go there!’ and Joe and I were talking over each other ‘it is! you should come! please!’. And I of course forgot everything I’d been planning to say about the book and how the ending was mean but still perfect and how much I loved him and just went right to, ‘I planned what I was going to say, but then I finished the book and I had a lot more to say so I wrote you this letter’ and I kind of presented it to him and he took it and went ‘oh, thank you!’ and stuttered a little bit and said something like ‘I love reading letters, so thanks for this!’ and then he examined the envelope a bit and looked at the dumb puffy stickers I’d stuck on it. AND THEN JOE SAID, ‘By the way, I’ve gotta say… Boy, you are damn fine!’ and he looked a little taken aback and Alla laughed a little bit I think both from the comment and from the look on Chris’s face and this part was kind of a blur for me but he said something like ‘Oh…well! Thanks! You are too!’ (this isn’t exactly right but it’s close I guess). And then I shook his hand and I said kind of right as he did that it was nice to meet him and he had the Sharpie still in his hand so it wasn’t like a full handshake but it was still SKIN CONTACT and then I kind of turned to walk away and then he pointed at Joe and said, ‘by the way! I really like your Harry Potter pin!’ because Joe was wearing his little deathly hallows pin on his vest. I don’t remember what Joe said back but then we were walking away and I started shaking. We could have stepped into this little area and taken a picture of him before we left but instead I walked right into this little alcove of books and I saw a stool and I just immediately sat on it because I’d started to cry and hyperventilate… so Joe and I were freaking out and I was crying and finally we had to collect ourselves and go but YEAH IT HAPPENED AND I GAVE JOE A DOLLAR FOR HITTING ON CHRIS. His voice was like perfectly clear and wonderful and like he seemed more solid in person and that doesn’t really make sense but just having his face be like 2 feet away from my face and shaking his hand was pretty surreal and incredible. Not to mention the fact that he’s going to read my dumb ass letter at some point.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:39 pm

Adventures in Colferland

This has been one of the most wonderful, surreal experiences of my life. Let me preface this by saying that I’ve been a huge Glee fan since the pilot aired in May 2009. I’ve been a huge Chris Colfer fan since he belted out Rose’s Turn in season 1. I cried when he won the Golden Globe. I was proud of him every time he made a major accomplishment: New York Times Best Selling Author, writing and producing his own movie, writing his own novels, Times Most Influential People, etc. I guess you could say I’m a super fan (actually just take a look at my blog).
 My sister (Tangsister on Tumblr) decided to go to the Lake Forest Park signing because we saw John and Hank Green there earlier this year for the Fault In Our Stars signing and it’s just a wonderful store. I actually asked a well known Tumblr user who lives in the PNW which signing would be best and she recommended Lake Forest Park because it would be less chaotic.
 Because we live about two hours north of Seattle, we left a little after 7 a.m. to get to the store by 9 a.m. (when it opened). We ended up getting to Third Place Books by 8:50ish (thank god for no traffic) and waited in the car until it opened.
I don’t know for sure but I would guess we were one of the first ones there. Prior to the signing, I really wanted to write Chris a letter telling him how much he inspires me to accomplish my dreams, so with the down time I was able to hand write one (it was three sheets front and back so 6 pages).
 Let me just say that I was nervous as fuck. Not only is this my first time meeting an actual celebrity but I’m actually meeting my idol. Talk about metaphorical shitting my pants.
 Third Place Books is an awesome place in general because it actually has a lot of things for people to do in their down time while they’re waiting. They have four little eateries and quite a large eating/lounging area. When you take the escalator downstairs there’s a Rite Aid, a bakery, and a few other things. Plus if you were in a later letter group, you could find something to do in the area and come back.
 After I was done writing my letter, I really wanted to get Chris a gift. The bookstore had quite a few knickknacks and thingamabobs to look at besides books. I ended up getting Chris this really cool ninja mug and two books about cats. One of the books was something in regards to “So you know your cat is going to kill you when…” and the other one was something like “Bad Cat.” I thought he would get a kick out of them. I had the guy wrap the presents (because they had no gift bags) in blue wrapping paper.
 At around 12:30, when I was going to go to the bathroom, they had sections of the front of the store sectioned off and people were starting to line up. One of employees told me that I had to go around to use the bathroom, so I basically ran, peed for my life, ran back and yelled at my sister “OMG WE HAVE TO LINE UP NOW ADKFHAKSLDJGHFLSD!!!!!!!!” Unbeknownst to me, they had just started lining up group A, so I really shouldn’t have panicked but I WAS GOING TO MEET CHRIS COLFER GODDAMNIT.
 Third Place Books was very efficient in the groupings. When you picked up your book & tickets at the cash register on your receipt was a letter and that was the group you were in. Me and Tangsister were in group B. When we lined up (which was right by the information desk), we were the first ones in line for group B!
 Every tick of the clock I was freaking the fuck out. My everything was sweaty, I was shaking, and I could barely contain my feels. At 5 minutes to 1 p.m. I was like “Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh,” I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. When was this my life? I don’t even know.
 Chris actually started the signing 15 minutes late which is funny because Tangsister was saying, “You know what would be funny? If Chris walked in 15 minutes late with a Starbucks in his hand saying, ‘Heyyy guys.’” Who knew she could be quite prolific.  I knew Chris was here when I heard screaming and sure enough when he came up the doors there was screaming. Luckily, despite my 5’5” height, I was able to see the top of his hair and let me tell you that hair defies gravity.
 I heard one of the employees saying that each letter group would have around 100 people in them. I’m not sure how accurate that is because I’m not sure how many letter groups there were. But the signing went super fast. It probably took him about 10 minutes-ish to get through group A. It was really fast.
 I didn’t really realize how fast it went until I turned to Tangsister and mentioned something like is that the end of line and probably like 5 seconds later an employee came up to us to move group B into the signing area.
 Here I am about 20 feet or less from Chris completely losing my shit, I have tears in my eyes, I couldn’t believe this was actually happening (Yes I have pictures; I’ll post them later. Tangsister also has a video). Last night I made a mental outline of what I wanted to mention to him like you’re my idol, you give me hope to get out of my small town, this has just capped off the best summer of my life (I went to Disneyland and VidCon), and that my mom absolutely loves your voice (she wanted me to tell him it was on par with Art Garfunkel and Freddy Mercury). But of course when you meet him, every single little thing you wanted to tell him went out the window.
 I gave my book to the lady to have him sign and Chris looks at me, right in my face and said, “Hi! How are you?” He looks right in your face and says it with so much sincerity that it really makes you feel special. The covered my face with my hands and told him, “I never actually thought I was ever going to meet you.” I’ve read so many posts on Tumblr from so many people and their experiences meeting Chris and I’ve wanted to meet him so badly. Being from a small town, you feel trapped like you can’t escape. You feel like you’re in a never ending black hole. Chris has given me hope that I can get out of here and accomplish my dreams. But, I never thought I’d actually get to meet him to tell him that. Chris and Alla laughed and Chris looked so sincere and humbled when I told him that. He took and my hand and shook it. I couldn’t (and still can’t believe it). I barely got out that I got him presents and he looked so surprised and was like, “Oh, you didn’t have to get me anything! What are they?” I said I can’t tell you they’re wrapped! You’ll have to unwrap them. He then picked up the mug and said, “Is this a mug?” I shrugged my shoulders and said, “I don’t know, you’ll have to opened them.” He laughed and said it was nice to meet me and I said it was nice to meet him too.
 After Tangsister (who told Chris how much she loves Brian) and I got our books signed, I was so gobsmacked that I could barely talk. I’m actually surprised I remembered this much because it feels like a haze almost like it didn’t happen but I have to keep reminding myself it did. I have my book signed, I got to meet Chris and he shook my hand. I will remember this for the rest of my life.
A few little tidbits:
-Like most bookstores, we couldn’t have posed pictures with Chris. We could only take pictures of him in line and there was a tiny area to take pictures of him outside of the line.
-You were only allowed to get TLOS 2 signed.
-The books you wanted signed had to be out of your bag when you got into the signing portion of the line or else you didn’t get anything signed.
-(also I think I’m missing something but I don’t remember)
-Will was not there. Only Alla was there. I also didn’t see Mr. Hellboy.
-Chris is so BEYOND gorgeous in real life. Everybody says how you don’t realize his beauty until you see him and real life and they’re right. The boy is absolutely stunning. Beautiful body, hair, perfect skin. Just UNF.
-He was wearing a blue shirt and looked beautiful.
-The one thing I was surprised about, and I have no clue why, but his hair is a lot darker than I thought it was. In pictures his hair looks a lot lighter but in real life it’s actually quite dark. 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:41 pm

I met Chris Colfer today!!!
It was REALLY fast but I gave him this article I wrote last year that was featured on HelloGiggles about Goldilocks and The Land of Stories, as well as a cutout of a review of Struck By Lightning that I wrote for my high school’s newspaper! He said he can’t wait to read them and I briefly talked with Alla as well! Couldn’t stop saying thank you - he was SO SWEET and had nice things to say to every fan!!!!!!!!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:45 pm

chris colfer book signing - third place books, washington
oK so omfg
i met chris???????
this is not nearly as exciting or unintentionally hilarious as my darren story but it’s still awesome because i met chris and he was a sweet cutie muffin uwu

• ok so the signing started at one but due to unforseen circumstances i didn’t get there until 1:30 and i was freaking out because i was afraid i would miss it (((which is silly because it’s not like the whole thing would have been over within 30 minutes but whatever)))
  • so we get there (me and my friend amy) and we get in line and like the line went so fast???? ahwhahwhw it was awesome
  • so we turn the corner to where chris is and since i’m short it took me a second to move myself from behind tall people but then I SAW HIM and i swear my heart stoPPED omfg
  • SEEING HIM ALL THE TIME ONLINE
  • AND THEN
  • SEEING HIM IRL
  • WOWAOWHWHOWOW please i was dying
  • so i like just STARED AT HIM until it was my turn
  • and i like
  • walked up there and he was like HI how are you???
  • so i said good and asked how he was
  • and he was like GOOD i’m good!!
  • and i told him i was so excited that he was here and he was like
  • thank you!!! i hope you enjoy the book!!! and i was like I WILL THANK YOU
  • and then i walked away
  • it was very standard but IT wAS MINE AND IT WAS PERFECT <3
  • and i did my nails all fancy and i put a picture of BRIAN ON MY NAILS but i froze and forgot to show him
  • oh well i guess i just have to meet him again ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • anyways so then i stood to the side and took pics while my friend talked to him
  • and i was freakin out
  • and THE CUTEST FRICKEN BOY met him and he had a bow tie and suspenders on and chris was like OH i love your outfit!!! and the boy was SO HAPPY i was cryin
  • and then a pair of twin girls went up and he was like YOU GUYS ARE TWINS AREN’T YOU it was just cute how he said it idk
  • anyways so i stared until an employee was like ok time to go
  • lolllllllll
  • BASICALLY IT WAS AWESOME OK BYE
  • The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_inline_mrr1xkz86n1qz4rgp
    that’s me and him hwoohweohweoheoheohehh what a time to be alive
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:50 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrqy09IZER1rx7etqo1_500

The kids and I met Chris Colfer today. They were excited. I was over the moon. First time out in my wheelchair. 
We had three hardback copies of his new book and one paperback copy of his old book. I figured that gave us each a book to have signed. 

I was in the chair. I had a bunch of stuff on my lap. And I had one of my crutches on my lap, which was awkward. 

I told the kids to go ahead of me because then I could take their photos from the line. We found out as Emma was already moving to approach the autograph table that he wasn’t signing the paperbacks but I was so flustered, it didn’t dawn on me that we’d be short a book.

Then it was my turn. Everyone was looking at me. I realized I had to wheel myself, which is HARD with my loose shoulder joints and because it was my first time. Then I realized that the kids had taken all of the books. 

I was sitting there and Chris Colfer was looking at me expectantly and I was like, “Uhhhmmmm, someone took my books.” 

He said, “Who took your books?”, concerned as if someone was running around stealing books from women in wheelchairs. 

I said, “Oh, no worries, just my kids.” I pointed to them.
He looked and laughed. He saw the paperback copy of his older book on my lap and asked, “Do you want me to sign that one?” And I said, “Would you mind?” He said, “Of course not!” and signed it and thanked me for coming. 

Then I went to wheel away from the table and dropped my crutch. And it got stuck under one of the leg rests.

Awesomeness. He was laughing. It was fine. He is just as gracious and present as everyone says. And his voice is lovely, even just speaking. I’m so glad he came to Seattle!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/18/2013, 10:55 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrquz0s4Gy1ro6cnwo1_500
The bowties I made Chris for Brian.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrquub2zKr1ro6cnwo1_500

Me giving Chris the bowties I made Brian. He said Brian wears them better than he does and Alla commented on them too oh my god!! He is the sweetest man ever.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/19/2013, 12:56 am

CHRIS MAKING A YOUNG BOY’S DREAM COME TRUE

So while lining up in full Ezmia costume at Third Place Books today, I met up with a lovely family. They had a boy and a girl going as Conner and Alex. The boy is the most fabulous 10 year old I have ever met. He was mini- Kurt to the tee. He loved Chris and everything about Chris. When it was his turn, he frozed up when Chris asked for their names but we were able to convince his parents to join me at the Barnes and Nobles signing later that night. So after spending the day with seriously the best kids I have ever met, and shopping to get the girl the perfect Alex costume, we were ready for signing #2 ( We also found this awesome white denim studded jacket for the boy). This time, we prep talked each other so we wouldn’t waste our last chance (He was the one that reminded me to show Chris my nails). I went first and watched from the side after as he stood with his family in front of Chris. He told Chris about how he was trying to write a musical and if he had any advice for him. Chris’ eyes just lit up! He told him about how he tried to write a Candyland musical at age 12 ( I think he has mentioned this before) and his advice was to not make it too big budgeted and limit the amount of moving sets. They were both laughing the whole time. When they were done, the boy was walking on cloud 9. He could not stop talking about how his dream came true today and recited word for word what Chris said to him. It is so amazing to witness the impact Chris has on young kids. I think Chris just shaped this young boy’s future just by chatting with him for less than a minute, and I can’t wait to see that musical on broadway someday. Smile
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/19/2013, 2:59 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/19/2013, 3:53 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrrhg1PgXs1qilqvco6_500
I love the amount of kids that seem to attend the signings this year
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 4:41 am

My one on one moment with Chris and here’s what happened before
Chris: *Sees me* Hi Sweetie.
Me *shyly waves* (Whispers) Hi.
Chris *waves* Hi sweetie
Dad pushes me up and Chris offers his hand and I take it.
Chris: I’m Chris. Nice to meet you.
Me: *nods* (Whispers) I made these for you.
Chris: For me?

Chris looks at the shirt, not aware there’s a plaque underneath.
Dad: there’s something under it.
Chris:Oh, *lifts the shirt and takes on an awed expression*
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 4:45 am

I had such a good time at Chris Colfer’s book signings in Seattle today! 

A group of friends and I drove up early in the morning and got our books and wristbands for both events then waited in the area of Third Place Books for a couple of hours.  We were in the group “A” at this signing so we made it through really quickly but my mind kind of went blank when I met him so I just gave him the gift I’d brought (A humorous book called “How To Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You”) and said it was for him, or possibly for Alla since she’s the one who likes to dress up Brian.  They both laughed and Chris said he’d been hearing about this book and thanked me for the copy and I just said something like “Nice to meet you!” and moved on. 
As the signing was coming to a close, two of us still had an extra signing ticket and an extra book apiece so we decided to hop back in at the end of the line.  Chris remembered me, saying, “Hi, nice to see you again!” which nearly torpedoed my brain cells for the second time in an hour but I managed to hold it together and said, “Hi, I’m a dork.  I went through the line earlier and forgot to ask my question!”  and Chris just leans forward and says, “Cool, what’s your question?”   I love the way way he looks straight into your eyes and gives you his full attention, it’s extremely captivating!  (As if him just being so ethereally gorgeous wasn’t enough.) I told him that I’d noticed a pattern in the TLOS books of characters regretting their past, struggling to escape their past, or change their past, (Alex, Froggy, the Queen, and so on) and asked what had drawn him to that particular theme.  Chris gave me this really interested nod and then laughed and said that he hadn’t done that intentionally but that he supposed it must have always been in the back of his mind because the theme also holds true of “Struck By Lightning”, with the mother regretting her past and the grandmother forgetting hers.  I smiled at him and said “Everybody regrets something in their past.”  He nodded again and said, “Very true, very true.  That was a great question, thanks.” and I asked for and received a handshake.  For those curious, the handshake was very nice, quick but with a pleasantly firm grip in spite of the fact that he was still holding a pen.
I managed to stay composed but realized after a while that my fingers were seriously trembling!
I’d have been totally happy with just that but we still had the Barnes & Noble event so I went through the line one more time (weirdly organized, they kept shifting folks around and threatening to boot people if they were caught snapping any photos while in line, though you were allowed a moment to take one from behind a barrier after you’d cleared Chris’s signing table.  He was sweet as could be again.  He once again recognized me and this time I didn’t have a good question, so I just said thank you for coming to the north-west region and jokingly apologized for being one of those stalker-fans for the day.  He smiled and said that it was okay because he likes repeated customers. I just nodded and ducked out of the line.  After four or five signings in several cities over three days he seemed like his energy was finally winding down. He was sweet and friendly with every single one of the people he met but his posture was definitely starting to droop.
I wasn’t sure how the turnout would be for two relatively small and out of the way areas but there were a very decent amount of fans, and I was intrigued by how varied the people who came out to meet Chris today were. Men, women, children, people ranging from toddlers to older people who had no kids in tow but were openly there for themselves. It was really very cool.  Smile
This was such a great day and I can’t stop smiling just thinking about it. Chris Colfer was everything I had hoped for and more. He’s absolutely lovely in person, inside and out.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 4:47 am

Okay so about today:
I had no clue what to wear today and since I procrastinate everything possible, I waited until the last possible minute to try and figure it out. Once I saw my Wicked shirt though I knew that was perfect so yes, wore that.
We didn’t have to wait in line very long, really. It started at 1pm, we were in the third group to line up and were out of there before 2. But OKAY WHEN I GOT UP TO THE TABLE:
(lady hands Chris my book to sign)
Chris: Hi! How are you?
Me: GREAT.
Chris: Oh, what’s your Wicked shirt say? (leans over the table a little to try and read it) Oh, that it’s from New York, ah, okay!
Me: Yep!
Chris: That’s awesome! (hands me the book) Thank you for coming today!
Me: (smiles like a spaz and maybe says bye, honestly don’t even remember??? and walks off)
Then I waited for my mom and took some pictures then we left and I had to slap a hand over my mouth in the car so I could scream and was trying not to cry becausE DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN??? and I’m so glad I wore my Wicked shirt because otherwise I would’ve just been standing there like a spaz smiling and not knowing what to say/how to even words.
Today was so amazing omfg, thank you Chris, you’re the best <33
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 4:53 am

okay kiddies today i met chris colfer and this is how it all went down (basically i almost had ten panic attacks but i made it through)
WELL today mostly consisted of a lot of milling around the mall / barnes & noble but it was WORTH IT so it’s okay. 
nobody cares about the lead up so i’ll skip that it’s not interesting.
basically when i went up to chris i???? everything is a blur but he probably said hi, who knows, i don’t. i instantly set my book down and he signed it at lightning speed it was pretty impressive. i had a dum fan letter for him so i said, “i know you said no gifts so i wrote you a letter.” and he was like “oh okay” but before he could grab it i was like “and my friend had a question so i wrote it on a sticky note and put it on there” so he reads it to himself under 

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_inline_mrri5yMaIk1qz4rgp

(those are powerpuff girl stickers sealing the envelope in case u were wondering) (also let’s ignore how much of an awkward turtle i am here)
and he laughs a little and says “yes” and WROTE “YES” ON THE NOTE AND I LIKE HAD AN ANEURYSM HE JUST WROTE ON MY STICKY NOTE GODDAMN.
here’s the note in question bunny ilu:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_inline_mrrib00yEC1qz4rgp

o i like grab it back from him omfg i don’t even know what i did i was too busy freaking out, i couldn’t speak. then i…walked away? i just left?? I DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED I MUST HAVE BLACKED OUT MENTALLY. but i’m pretty darn sure he said “bye honey!” as i left and i went up to my mother like “HE CALLED ME HONEY.” and it was great the end.
he has a derpy fan letter i wrote covered in song lyrics i’m so.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 4:56 am

This is the girl that gave Chris the bow ties to give to Brian. neutre 

I only had my phone at the signing which is why I had separate posts for photos and such, so here is my full encounter with Chris and links to where the photos I posted fit in. The conversation isn’t 100% accurate because my brain stopped functioning normally once I got to the table Smile

Chris: Hi!
Me: Hello! Is it okay if I give you something?
Chris: Of course!
Me: *gets the bowties from my bag* I made you these bowties for Brian
Chris: Oh my God these are amazing! Brian wears them better than me! (you can kind of see his reaction in this photo)
Alla: Oooh I like this one *points to the crown one*
Me: *speechless and freaking out inside because oH MY GOD HE LIKES MY BOWTIES*
Chris: Thank you!!
Me: Thank you!
Yeah, so I wish I would have said a little bit more but I suddenly forgot how to speak and I wanted to thank him for everything he has done for me but of course, what are words when Chris freakin’ Colfer is sitting in front of you. But it was an amazing 20 second conversation and I am still freaking out because he liked the bowties. Also he is so handsome in person, like damn.
 Overall it was one of the best days ever and I am so thankful to my amazing friends who waited in line with me and took pictures, I love you both. Also to my dad for driving me since I had jet lag and no sleep Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:00 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrrg45rdXh1qipk6jo1_250 
 The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrrg45rdXh1qipk6jo2_250

So Chris was in Seattle today and of course I just so happen to already be back in Maryland for school, therefore unfortunately missing his book signing in my hometown by three days. My mom, however, spent hours waiting in line with a bunch of crazy ass fans to get this book signed for me. And I guess when she showed him my picture he gave me the star for serving in the military. Plus he called me pretty. I mean…can it get any better then that?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:08 am

Chris Colfer book signing in Seattle
I just have to rave about what an amazing and classy young man Chris is. Thank you so much, Chris, for coming to Seattle for book signings!! Even though I had to drive 14 hours from northern BC, Canada to attend the event, it was so totally worth it for both me and my daughter Carly, we’d do it again in a heartbeat. Chris was so kind, and gracious, and just an all around beautiful person, it was such an honour to get to meet this fantastic man who has meant so much to us in so many ways. It was the chance if a lifetime, for which we’ll be ever grateful. Thank you, Chris, for making a couple of hicks from the Canadian sticks’ dreams come true!!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:10 am

CHRIS MAKING A YOUNG BOY’S DREAM COME TRUE
So while lining up in full Ezmia costume at Third Place Books today, I met up with a lovely family. They had a boy and a girl going as Conner and Alex. The boy is the most fabulous 10 year old I have ever met. He was mini- Kurt to the tee. He loved Chris and everything about Chris. When it was his turn, he frozed up when Chris asked for their names but we were able to convince his parents to join me at the Barnes and Nobles signing later that night. So after spending the day with seriously the best kids I have ever met, and shopping to get the girl the perfect Alex costume, we were ready for signing #2 ( We also found this awesome white denim studded jacket for the boy). This time, we prep talked each other so we wouldn’t waste our last chance (He was the one that reminded me to show Chris my nails). I went first and watched from the side after as he stood with his family in front of Chris. He told Chris about how he was trying to write a musical and if he had any advice for him. Chris’ eyes just lit up! He told him about how he tried to write a Candyland musical at age 12 ( I think he has mentioned this before) and his advice was to not make it too big budgeted and limit the amount of moving sets. They were both laughing the whole time. When they were done, the boy was walking on cloud 9. He could not stop talking about how his dream came true today and recited word for word what Chris said to him. It is so amazing to witness the impact Chris has on young kids. I think Chris just shaped this young boy’s future just by chatting with him for less than a minute, and I can’t wait to see that musical on broadway someday.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:25 am

I met him I am shaking omg??
I shook his hand and then he saw my UK shirt and was like “I love your shirt!!” And I was like “thank you! I’m actually moving to England in 9 days!” And he was taking a sip of his diet coke when I said that and he literally choked on it and spilled it on himself a little
And then he was like “omg where are you going?”
And I said “I’m going to Oxford!! Which is like my Northwestern, so thank you so much for Struck By Lightning, it’s so inspiring”
And then he thanked me and I showed him my SBL phone case and he said it was cool
And then alla asked what I’m studying to be, and I said “an English professor, I hope!!”
And he said “Good luck with that, honey!!” And I am going to cry oh man this was everything I hoped and more
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:30 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrr7vgnfsw1snwhk0o1_500

My experience meeting Chris Colfer:
So I was waiting in line thinking about exactly what I wanted to say to him, but when I stepped up to the table, I completely forgot everything I was gonna say. I apparently can’t say anything intelligent in the presence of Chris Colfer.
Anyway, he complimented my Red Riding Hood costume!! He said I looked amazing and from there I sort of blanked, just saying “thank you” over and over except for when I told him that Red was one of my favorite characters in the book. I had a total mind blank but it was so amazing. He’s so much more amazing in person, I can’t even describe it.
Then when I went to walk away, I forgot my dad was taking pictures so I was far away from Chris when I remembered to pose for the picture. So it looks like I photo bombed him and my smile is creepy. Ph, and the picture shows him saying hi to my sister, who is 6, and he is just so sweet and amazing. And this whole thing happened in like 10 seconds but it was so amazing. Best birthday present ever, that’s for sure!!!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/19/2013, 5:41 am

I am sad the booktour is over, it was great to have something new to look forward to every day.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/19/2013, 5:45 am

Aww, I am getting all teary reading some of these accounts, especially the ones about kids. *sniff*
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 5:58 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrrmqrYxl61ro6cl2o1_250
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrrmqrYxl61ro6cl2o2_250

his was the shirt I made for Chris’ signing today. I’ll post the whole story later, but I wanted to share my shirt because Chris really liked it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2013, 7:41 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrr77oKYcW1r15nt0o1_250

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 15 Tumblr_mrr77oKYcW1r15nt0o3_500

I JUST MET CHRIS COLFER AND HES THE SWEETEST EVER I MADE HOM COOKIES AND I COULDN’T SPIT OUT FULL SENTANCES AD HE LAUGHED AT ME BUT HE THANKED ME AND I SHOOK HIS HAND AN IT WAS HONESTLY THE SOFTEST HAND I’VE EVER SHAKEN AND HE LAUGHED AT ME IT WAS SO ADORABLE I CANNOT BREATHE
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next