Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

+20
tanita_mors
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Delight
arina
sjonnepon
glimmerle
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
fantastica
sheny
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
24 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  Glorfindel 8/19/2013, 9:03 am

How wonderful reading all these stories. Although they are mostly about the same, still each and every one means so much for the person involved.
It's amazing how Chris made these fan encounters all so special for them. wub 

Too bad the tour is over now.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  valkeakuulas 8/19/2013, 10:50 am

It is really great to see these kids in the signings. No doubt some of the moms and dads are fans as well..."just here to support my kid?" Wink I think I'd be more comfortable going to a signing with a kid as my bumper as well.

And it's nice to know Chris will get a boost for his writing from seeing all these people interested in his stories instead of Glee. Many loved Kurt Hummel but now they can say they love the author and writer Chris Colfer.

*hearteyes all over*
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/19/2013, 2:34 pm

ColferInspired wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrquz0s4Gy1ro6cnwo1_500
The bowties I made Chris for Brian.

I love this. I'm sure Brian will look flawless with these bowties.

I've read all of the stories, and though by one side I wish to be one of those people and having met Chris, by other side I'm glad he's receiving all of this loved from his fans. And not only by females, but also this year we have seen men telling him they would go straight for him and kids loving his book. Yeah, I'm glad his fanbase is increasing Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2013, 3:14 pm

poor brian. more decorative crap to strangle him!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/19/2013, 8:33 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrquz0s4Gy1ro6cnwo1_500

I've read all of the stories, and though by one side I wish to be one of those people and having met Chris, by other side I'm glad he's receiving all of this loved from his fans. And not only by females, but also this year we have seen men telling him they would go straight for him and kids loving his book. Yeah, I'm glad his fanbase is increasing Smile
Yes! Teen girls, women, little kids, even guys! His fanbase is expanding! Go Chris! So sad that the wonderful book tour is over now! Now all we have to focus on Chris-wise is....Glee....*shudderpuke*

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2013, 12:02 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Yes! Teen girls, women, little kids, even guys! His fanbase is expanding! Go Chris! So sad that the wonderful book tour is over now! Now all we have to focus on Chris-wise is....Glee....*shudderpuke*
I know :(. Sadly you knew this day was coming. But what we could do now is remember those wonderful days and read, or re read TLOS. Animo
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/20/2013, 12:28 am

This is why I'm so grateful as a Chris fan. He has so many side projects. SBL book and movie, TLOS book series, and his future film and novel projects. There is more to him than Glee. And thanks to many talented fanfic writers, I can STILL enjoy Glee and Kurt Hummel to an extent. Not all is lost. Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/20/2013, 1:10 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:This is why I'm so grateful as a Chris fan. He has so many side projects. SBL book and movie, TLOS book series, and his future film and novel projects. There is more to him than Glee. And thanks to many talented fanfic writers, I can STILL enjoy Glee and Kurt Hummel to an extent. Not all is lost. Smile 
Agree. I may be done with the TV show Glee, but will still read Glee fanfics.Smile 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2013, 2:30 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:This is why I'm so grateful as a Chris fan. He has so many side projects. SBL book and movie, TLOS book series, and his future film and novel projects. There is more to him than Glee. And thanks to many talented fanfic writers, I can STILL enjoy Glee and Kurt Hummel to an extent. Not all is lost. Smile 
In moments like this one, I just can say "gracias/thanks" to this boy for being so overachiever and hardworking. Also I'm glad there are lots of fans who have such a big imagination and give us wonderful fics to enjoy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/20/2013, 7:00 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrqxj8V7UN1qe476yo2_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrumm3M7cV1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2013, 10:52 pm

The video my friend’s father did when Chris Colfer arrived at The Third Place - Lake Forest. So cute and funny and kind of lost x) <3
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2013, 11:05 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o2_250

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o3_250

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o4_500
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o5_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o6_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o1_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mruubpzj7X1qaphz3o7_500

I know I’m a bit late on actually posting this, but it’s been a long couple of days, and I think I needed a little while to calm down and let it all settle before writing this out. Also, as you can see in the picture above, those are the shoes I’d posted pictures of a few days ago - I’ll get to that in a minute. Putting this under a read more for length.
So, as most of you know, this weekend, my mom and I drove down to Seattle for Chris’ booksigning. I’d never been to a book signing before, and neither had my mom, and we didn’t really know what to expect. We got in line for the wristbands at about 6 am, and were the first membership holders to get them. We ended up being about… seventh or eighth in line once it actually started, I think? We could see his table the whole time we were waiting, and I was basically just freaking out because holy crap, we were going to meet him in just a few minutes. And it didn’t get any better when he actually walked into the bookstore. 
Let me just say, I thought he was gorgeous in pictures, but it’s nothing compared to real life. All I could hear from the group around me when he sat down was whispering about how gorgeous he was. Like, it was that noticeable, everyone was talking about it. And he’s tall, too - I know I only saw him standing up from a distance but still.
So, he sat down, and I just stood there staring at Chris. Like, I mean, he was right there, and I couldn’t stop staring and flailing and generally just going crazy. It was so surreal actually seeing him in person.
They started pulling people up to go get their books signed, and we were kind of rushed forward - my mom and I were together so they brought both of us up a little bit and took our books for us. I waited for a second or two before they started leading me forward and it was my turn. I got to the table, and the only thing going through my head was “Say hi. Say hi, and stick your hand out to shake”, which I did (and I don’t even remember actually shaking his hand - like, I had to go back through the video I took to know if I did or not)
So, I said hi, and he said hi and asked how I was. I said I was good, and he started signing the first book. And I literally just stood there frozen for a moment or two staring at him, with no clue what to even say. He actually had to ask me how I was a second time to finally get me going, because I was just in shock. He asked where I was from, and I said BC, Canada, which he thought was cool, and he asked how far we’d travelled - he thought maybe a couple of hours - and when I told him that my hometown was 12 hours away, he was shocked. He was like “Oh my god! So that’s quite a hop and a skip!”, and then thanked me for being there. I’m pretty sure that’s when the conversation would have ended if I hadn’t had the gift for him, but I did, so I just blurted out “I kind of made something for you!” and went with it.
Now, I know he’d said no gifts, but… I’d had some ideas from long before he’d said that, and I knew that if I didn’t bring something along I’d probably have just gone up there, said hello, and then left, which I didn’t want. Plus, I also just really wanted to give him something, so there was that, too. I decided to paint a pair of shoes for him, with characters from TLOS and SBL on the outer sides and things he likes in general on the inner sides. I kind of just slid the box over to him and opened it up, and his reaction was… oh my gosh, it was adorable. He was like “Oh, look at these! Oh, that’s incredible!” as he was taking them out of the box, and he made this little gasp sound as he saw the Conner and Alex side. He told me he loved them, and said thank you, and called me honey. (HE CALLED ME HONEY OKAY STILL NOT OVER THAT.) He was turning them over and inspecting them as we talked, and he was smiling, and he asked me how long it took for me to make them and I misunderstood and thought he asked how I made them, so I was like “ACRYLICS” and then realized what he’d asked and told him they took about a week. He said it was very, very sweet, and said he loved them, and thanked me again, and I was like “I’m not sure if they’re the right size” and he asked what size they were and I told him they were twelves, and he was like “Twelve? Ah, I can make it work yeah!” and I just kind of laughed and I was like “Okay!”. And he thanked me again, and I thanked him, and he said it was good to see me and I said “Awesome!” (honestly who let me speak, really.), and as I was leaving he was like “Thank you so much for these!” and I kind of just walked off and stood to the side and watched as my mom went and talked to him. 
When my mom got there, she told Chris she was my mom, and he was like “Hi, mom!” (I think? idk if that actually happened I might have imagined that xD)), and said that he’d heard we’d had quite a trip to get there, and my mom said that we had. Chris thanked her for coming all the way down again, and then my mom said she had a question as a teacher, and Chris was like, of course, of course, and asked my mom what grade she taught, and when she told him (she teaches 4 through 7) he was like “Oh, that’s amazing!” So, my mom asked him if there was anything his teachers had told him that had helped him to become a writer (I think, it’s hard to hear in the audio I have), and his response was “You know, in this book, there’s… Conner has a, a monologue or a, a dialogue with um, a teacher, and all of that lets you know, you know, intelligence is not a race, it’s not a competition, it can show up in so many different forms, you know. Things like that, you know, that there’s not a format to show that you’re smart.” They talked for a bit after that, and he thanked her for coming to the signing again. 
Once we were both done and he’d signed all of our books (we had a lot), we were kind of ushered away and through the maze of bookshelves that they’d kind of set up to lead us away, and… I’m not exactly sure why, though I think it might have been partly due to sleep deprivation and partly due to the fact that I’d given Chris the shoes and he’d actually liked them, but when we got to the front of the bookstore I just started crying, and didn’t fully stop for about ten minutes. I was kind of a mess, and I’m pretty sure most of the people that walked by were giving me funny looks. So, anyone at the Seattle book signing that saw a girl at the front of the store crying, that was me. I swear I had a good reason for that… xD
We also decided to wait around until he was done the signing, and stood where we had a clear view of him signing things and talking to other people. He talked with a few younger children that came, which was adorable (he’s so good with kids, okay), and one younger girl that seemed to have gotten pretty emotional and who I think got a hug from him later on (that’s what I’d heard, at least). Around 6 pm he was done, and waved at everyone and said goodbye as he left. It all went by so quickly, and afterwards I was completely drained, but… it was so worth it, and I’d go again in a heartbeat. Chris was amazing, and just like I’d always imagined he’d be, totally great with his fans and just… really understanding, and awesome at making sure you didn’t freak out or anything like that, and I’m so glad I got to meet him.
Also, I’m going to be posting the video I managed to get of our meeting, so keep an eye out for that, too! He was so cute, and the text doesn’t even begin to explain that, so… Yeah! Look out for that Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/21/2013, 1:26 am

Audio (of the question about controversial storyline)

audio of my moment with chris colfer at his book signing in lake forest - the “i wanted kurt to have a relationship with a teacher” thing. i don’t have any way to cut it down so please ignore me talking to the book store employees at the beginning; the good stuff starts at 0:12.
full transcript under the read more:
chris: hi there! how are you?
me: hi! can i be really awful and ask you a glee question?
chris: (chirpily) what?
me: a couple of years ago, you had said that you wanted to do a controversial storyline…
chris: uh-huh.
me: what was it?
chris: ohhh… i—
me: whatever happened to that?  (i was talking over him and it’s hard to tell what he’s saying; if i recall correctly he said something like “i had a few of ‘em”)  
chris: oh, i wanted kurt to do a, uh, i wanted kurt to have a relationship with a teacher.  that was the first one, yeah.
me: (shocked) and cheat on blaine?
chris: no, blaine wasn’t in the picture yet.
me: oooh-kay.
chris: yeah, yeah, no, i mean heaven forbid. i mean the earth would split, wouldn’t it? so yeah that was it.
me: thank you. i hope kurt gets some better stuff this year.
chris: me too me too me too.
me: ‘cause last year i know you were busy with your writing and everything but i missed you on my tv, okay?
chris: oh, thank you, i appreciate that!  thank you, thanks for asking (about myself? didn’t catch it)
me: *skips off*
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/21/2013, 6:11 am

I am not sure if this was here but I haven't read it yet, Chris talks about an cleaning cat's catbox....

My meeting and conversation with Chris Colfer at his book signing yesterday!

So I went to Chris Colfer’s book signings yesterday with jaylie12, dahlstrom and vcg73. Long day but so so awesome! I had two great conversations with Chris! Jaylie12 was a doll and took video of my chats with him. The video starts part way into the conversation and you’ll have to turn the volume up pretty loud to hear him.

At the first signing at Third Place Books, I asked him a question that I’ve been curious about ever since he got Brian. I said that I imagine with how busy he is, that he probably has someone come in and clean his home. I said that I absolutely *hate* cleaning my cats’ catbox and asked if he cleans Brian’s box himself or has someone else do it. This is literally a question I wonder every time I’m cleaning their box as in “Geez, this is so gross and stinky. Do celebrities have to clean their nasty catboxes too or can they just pay someone to do it?!?”

Anyway, I digress. He said that he is so OCD that he has to clean his house everyday and it’s spotless like a serial killer’s (his words). He has an automatically cleaning catbox and Brian hates it but he just had to learn to deal with it. I said I used to have one of those and mine hated it too. He said he can’t handle scooping the nasties and he wigs out if he has to scoop the box (again, his words. LOL). I mentioned that he’d still have to deal with the bins, though that the auto cleaner scoops the nasties into and he goes, “Oh I just get a new one!” Alla and I laughed. He said his has replaceable trays. You can see his gestures describing how the automated box works and him removing the soiled trays etc in the video. He said that he couldn’t remember what brand it was, but that it was purple and not very expensive.

I thanked him for the advice and Alla and I laughed. Chris Colfer giving me advice on a good catbox to use. What is my life? LOL!

The second video will be uploaded later tonight and was taken later in the day at his second book signing at the Northgate B&N. We chatted a bit then too. I’ll give the details of that conversation when I upload that video.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/21/2013, 6:30 am

arina wrote:I am not sure if this was here but I haven't read it yet, Chris talks about an cleaning cat's catbox....

My meeting and conversation with Chris Colfer at his book signing yesterday!

So I went to Chris Colfer’s book signings yesterday with jaylie12, dahlstrom and vcg73. Long day but so so awesome! I had two great conversations with Chris! Jaylie12 was a doll and took video of my chats with him. The video starts part way into the conversation and you’ll have to turn the volume up pretty loud to hear him.

At the first signing at Third Place Books, I asked him a question that I’ve been curious about ever since he got Brian. I said that I imagine with how busy he is, that he probably has someone come in and clean his home. I said that I absolutely *hate* cleaning my cats’ catbox and asked if he cleans Brian’s box himself or has someone else do it. This is literally a question I wonder every time I’m cleaning their box as in “Geez, this is so gross and stinky. Do celebrities have to clean their nasty catboxes too or can they just pay someone to do it?!?”

Anyway, I digress. He said that he is so OCD that he has to clean his house everyday and it’s spotless like a serial killer’s (his words). He has an automatically cleaning catbox and Brian hates it but he just had to learn to deal with it. I said I used to have one of those and mine hated it too. He said he can’t handle scooping the nasties and he wigs out if he has to scoop the box (again, his words. LOL). I mentioned that he’d still have to deal with the bins, though that the auto cleaner scoops the nasties into and he goes, “Oh I just get a new one!” Alla and I laughed. He said his has replaceable trays. You can see his gestures describing how the automated box works and him removing the soiled trays etc in the video. He said that he couldn’t remember what brand it was, but that it was purple and not very expensive.

I thanked him for the advice and Alla and I laughed. Chris Colfer giving me advice on a good catbox to use. What is my life? LOL!

The second video will be uploaded later tonight and was taken later in the day at his second book signing at the Northgate B&N. We chatted a bit then too. I’ll give the details of that conversation when I upload that video.
Wow, what a thing to talk about. Razz 

But I am interested in getting one myself, because this is a job I hate. mince 

I always respect celebs that clean their own houses. But it does make for the added privacy not having someone come in and clean.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/21/2013, 7:22 am

Oh my, I am a very messy person and I actually wondered about the same. his house looks always so clean based on pictures and videos. I also thought about him having a cleaning person (I'd get one in seconds once I am financially secure).

Way to be creative - talk about cleaning cat toilets. I find it very funny how active and happy he seemed to be about being part of this conversation whis 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/21/2013, 10:40 am

I have absolutely no idea if this was here yet, but he's pretty so who cares, right? fanny2 

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrvu6tgh2L1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 16 Tumblr_mrvu6tgh2L1qe476yo3_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 1:23 pm

Brilliant. I have to look into getting one of those. I am also OCD/very phobic of germs, and cats would be perfect to me if not for the litterbox. Smart thinking, Chris! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2013, 2:44 pm

w/o going high tech, just use disposable gloves.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 3:16 pm

fantastica wrote:w/o going high tech, just use disposable gloves.
If I could, I'd use a space suit.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/21/2013, 6:35 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Well aren't you guys fancy! Uuuh! I just use my poop scooper without gloves and wash my hands after.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 6:45 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Well aren't you guys fancy! Uuuh! I just use my poop scooper without gloves and wash my hands after.
You don't even use a face mask?blinkk 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/21/2013, 6:55 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Nooo? The microsand I use doesn't dust at all. Is it for the dust?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 6:56 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Yes. Just in case. Better safe than sorry.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/21/2013, 7:01 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:If I could, I'd use a space suit.
Yes. Just in case. Better safe than sorry.
You know I usually don't think that far. But what I have learned is that the little bit expensive litter IS actually better for the clumping, dustless and odor-free experience. I know I pay about 20€ more per month but it's easier.

I swear I'm not working for a Canadian kitty litter company, but they make the best litters. Canadians are good at odd things. Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next