Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  fantastica 6/29/2013, 10:20 am

^ ewwww! gross! why do they have to stick dc's face everywhere chris goes?!

jane is in NY doing Anne. Matt is traveling promoting his album. Jayma was no longer a regular cast last season.

glee is dead. to me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  sheny 6/29/2013, 10:32 am

Glee Season 5 Schedule

9/19/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 1
9/26/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 2
10/3/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 3
10/10/13 (Th.)    9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 4

Hiatus (Baseball)

10/31/13 (Th.)    9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 5

Hiatus (Baseball)

Source

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/29/2013, 10:41 am

sheny wrote:

Glee Season 5 Schedule

9/19/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 1
9/26/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 2
10/3/13 (Th.)      9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 3
10/10/13 (Th.)    9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 4

Hiatus (Baseball)

10/31/13 (Th.)    9:00 PM    FOX    Episode 5

Hiatus (Baseball)

Source

So much about having only one big break. It was actually the only annoucement I was excited about badday . They really don't like to learn out of their mistakes.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/29/2013, 11:06 am

It looks like they will be going with the same reciepe as last season. Silly and ignorant.

Maybe they are satisfied with the 5+ milloin viewers and decided to take a gamble and count on that number not dropping lower than 4 million viewers?

Oh and this should probably go into S&B, but too arsed today so here it goes. I hate how the old cast get critizised about their "attitude" and the new ones get kudos for being so positive and smiley about everything. Do these people realise that people like Chris, Lea, Cory, Jenna, Naya and Kevin have dealt with RIB+ shit and head kicking for YEARS and it seems the same *uckery continues. Give them a little break!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/29/2013, 12:36 pm

Hi Everyone... sorry for being gone for awhile. Real life has been kicking me around the past few weeks.

I think that as far as the schedule goes, the network is concerned about November sweeps and not having one of it's strongest shows playing when it's most needed. There's also the possibility that the show that they planned to air during the long hiatus isn't as strong as the network had originally believed, or someone in the network was concerned about Glee losing momentum with a long hiatus (and thus losing more audience) precisely at the time when the "reboot" was supposed to get started. Don't think that we're ever going to get the whole story.

I loved the promo picture because the noobs look like a bunch of blithering idiots (except Alex, who will always have a spot in my heart). But there is a wall of separation between the older characters (all of which have been here since at least season 2) and the newbies. Even in the promos, the noobs are kept in their own bubble and on the show, there is no real interaction between any of the new characters any any veterans. Even some of the vets that are still in ND have nothing to do with the noobs in any of the storylines (except for Puck and Jacob since they're brothers). In my mind, this is going to make it a lot easier to cut the noobs lose, if indeed that's what the network gets after the vets graduate.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/29/2013, 2:13 pm

The only thing that bugs me about the full promo pic is that the newbies look like they've all been brought to the forefront of the shot.  Like they're strangely bigger - just compare Marley and Rachel, Jake to Finn, it's strange.  But as others mentioned it's probably pointless to read too much into these promos.  They don't really reflect what will happen in the coming season, or how storylines and screen time will be dispersed.  Mercedes, Puck, etc.'s presence in last year's promos can attest to that - they were there, but hardly used in the season itself, so.  

valkeakuulas wrote:Hi right back at you!

All of or any of the things you mentioned would be so lovely! Smile

And I do still stand on my opinion that I'd like to see Kurt interact with both Adam and Blaine in a situational comedy sense. "Current BF meet the EX". Two guys "fighting" over Kurt. (Yes, I'd be childish enough to like that!) Add those thousands of NY gay men that would be trying to get into Kurt's tight pants in to the mix as pure competition as well...Glee is superficial most of the times, give some of that fluff for Kurt as well.

Then I'm childish too, because I also would like a Kurt-being-in-the-center-of-a-love-triangle storyline, since he never has been. fanny2  But I've resigned myself to Adam never coming back, so I'm trying not to hope for anything like that.  I'm sad Kurt probably won't ever get a real midgame, triangle or no triangle.  :(   Thus I'd at least like for some guys to flirt with him....how can the men of NY not be noticing him?!

fantastica wrote:Hi ColferGirl so happy to see you again! we need a kindred spirit like you or else my sarcasm will doom this board forever!. Razz 

what i want from season 5:

ideally - i want glee to be all about kurt's ny advanture and his new life w/ Adam if they are still together or w/ someone else. lots of solos. hummelberry duets. kurtana duets. furt duets. kurt visiting family w/ burt, carol and finn and rachel. i want kurt to be in every episode and sing at least once in a song. i want klee. shoot me if you will. i am a kurt stan after all. Razz 

Hi Kim!  flower   Happy to see you too.

A Kurtana and Furt duet are at the top of my song wish lists.  Hopefully we'll at least get the Kurtana duet in the next season, that would make me really excited!  And I'll join you in the wish that Kurt will be in every episode of the upcoming season.  I hated the three McKinley-only episodes.  Please don't kick out the NY side again RIB, please.  :( 

ColferInspired wrote:  
Welcome back erin. bisou 

I love all your idea's.

I want conflicts like Rachel borrows some of Kurt's skin care products and uses them all up, and they fight. And she is too selfish to replace them and just thinks Kurt would just go out and buy more. We saw a bit of that in the voice over in Duets.

I think that would be a good storyline that Rachel borrows and uses things but never replaces them. She could have borrowed Santana's new jacket for a date, and lost it.

Room mates argue about anything. And the snarkiness would be wonderful.

And if they get in a bigger fight, and if Rachel is back to being a vegetarian, we could get spiteful Kurt back that when he cooks for all three of them he puts meat into her vegetarian meal. And goes all dramatic and over the top.

Chris and Lea play so well off each other, the fights would be wonderful, they would be all comedic.

There is so many opportunities.

bisou   Thank you Liz.

I agree about some more Hummelberry spats.  Maybe even a fight between all three of them at the loft, Kurt Rachel and Santana, just for some comedy.  With how their personalities all spark off each other, it'd be easy for little things to become a big argument, and it could turn out really hilarious and equally heartwarming when they make up. Smile 

arina wrote:Erin, I agree with most of your suggestions. I definitely want more proper storylines that won't be random and rushed as well. I want more comedy, some goals, conflicts for him so we can enjoy his journey with him, be curious what will happen, what he will decide.. I want him (and Rachel as well) not be so isolated, I want him to interact with more people, especially with Santana and Finn and finally some Furt (and Kurtana) duet needs to happen. I definitely need more of his POV on things.

I personally want RIB cancel Klaine as engame and let Kurt move on but unfortunately I know that this is the least probably to happen. I don't think RIB can write relationships at all so I wouldn't even want new one for him, I want more focus on his career, friendships and then maybe some funny speed dating or see some awkward (comedy) dates or something. I want snark and some of the crazier clothing back.

I want to see more of NYADA, for example class of acting, I want to see more of Vogue, I would love to see him maybe compete with other collegues on some kind of projects....

I want of course more solos for Kurt and sefishly I want at least one of them be some more famous pop song in lower register to shut up the people that say Chris is not capable of that. And mostly because I just want to hear it. Smile 

Erin, I hope things in your offline life are OK now.

Thank you Lenka bisou My offline problems are still going, but I'm trying to get through them, the best I can.  Your well wishes mean a lot though.

I'd also love to hear a low-register pop song from Kurt.  Has he had any since 4 Minutes, with Mercedes, way back in season 1?  (Perfect in season 3 might count).  Regardless, I'd love a great pop hit for him to sing too!  And actual storylines for him at Vogue or NYADA are a must, as is being able to interact with more characters. Maybe he'll have some storylines with Artie or Finn when they move to NY. Before season 4 I would have wanted him to interact with Tina, but if she's going to continue to have a bitchy diva-tude and be rude to him over Blaine, then I don't want her anywhere near Kurt. Evil or Very Mad   

Ranwing wrote:
Even in the promos, the noobs are kept in their own bubble and on the show, there is no real interaction between any of the new characters any any veterans. Even some of the vets that are still in ND have nothing to do with the noobs in any of the storylines (except for Puck and Jacob since they're brothers). In my mind, this is going to make it a lot easier to cut the noobs lose, if indeed that's what the network gets after the vets graduate.

From your lips to RIB's ears.  This is the last hope I really have to cling to.  And if Tina, Sam, Artie, and Blaine all move to NY to join Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and (eventually) Finn, that's 8 characters right there, not including any newly introduced NY friends or love interests.  Glee could easily carry a show with just them.  And even on Glee Forum, where there's lots of McKinley and newbie love, in some of their recent polls - what character would you miss the most if not in season 5?  who are your favorite characters? - it was always the originals who still scored highest, never the newbies.  So I definitely think it's possible RIB are hearing us, and may cut them off and do all NY.  I really hope so.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/29/2013, 2:42 pm

The Newbies got promoted. No surprise but I firmly believe one of the dumbest moves RIB/FOX did business speaking wise. I really don't get the urge to make those 5 work.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/glee-promotes-five-series-regulars-577552
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/29/2013, 2:47 pm

Aaaaaaaand Jayma got a regular gig in a new show. So, FOX is basically chasing away its original, talented cast and replace them with boring, uninspiring, unwanted actors. WTF?!

http://tvline.com/2013/06/29/the-millers-cbs-cast-jayma-mays/#more-443184
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 6/29/2013, 2:53 pm

Here's an excerpt from the THR-article:
Glee is cementing the future of New Directions.
The Fox musical has promoted Melissa Benoist (Marley), Jacob Artist (Jake), Becca Tobin (Kitty) and The Glee Project alums Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to series regulars, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.  
(...)
Fox and studio 20th Television renewed the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk musical for its fifth and sixth seasons in April and the promotions come as little surprise all five have been considered the future of the series as its original core cast marches toward the show's latest graduation. (Morris' Brittany graduated in May's fourth season finale, and the actress' pregnancy further complicated the ditzy cheerleader's likelihood of returning.)  Benoist's Marley has been considered the heir apparent to Lea Michele's Rachel within Glee's New Directions; Artist's Jake portrays the younger half-brother to Salling's Puck and her love interest. Tobin was cast as Kitty, the new snarky mean girl of the club and Jenner is the all-American Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith) of the group. Newell, meanwhile, plays Wade "Unique" Adams, a transgender teenager with a killer voice.
(...)
The comments at the source, though... moque
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/29/2013, 2:55 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:The Newbies got promoted. No surprise but I firmly believe one of the dumbest moves RIB/FOX did business speaking wise. I really don't get the urge to make those 5 work.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/glee-promotes-five-series-regulars-577552

Not surprised, but I think this is a huge mistake to make them regulars, especially if they are going to an all NY format in the second half of the season (which this makes me think they aren't). I just can't understand why they are making regulars out of characters people don't care about, and honestly, Alex has no business being a seriews regular on any show because he can't act at all.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/29/2013, 2:57 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Aaaaaaaand Jayma got a regular gig in a new show. So, FOX is basically chasing away its original, talented cast and replace them with boring, uninspiring, unwanted actors. WTF?!

The comments section is great. Everybody hates these news.

Does that mean RIB won't ditch McKinley and focus only on NY? Why would they promote the newbies to series regulars if they were planning to get rid of them after the first half of the season? Do they seriously believe someone will watch them after Blaine, Artie, Tina and Sam graduate and go to NY or somewhere else? Most of the people who still care about McKinley are Blaine stans and they will stop the moment he graduates.

I loved seeing Chris' name first in the credits when the show begins. I know they're in alphabetical order and it doesn't mean he is the lead, but it made me happy. Now it will be Jacob Artist and Melissa Benoist. Ugh beam 

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/29/2013, 3:12 pm

The comment section is glorious and just once again proves my point how hated the Newbies are. I really don't get the promotion and the reasoning to spend money and time on them instead of the proven successful and well-liked original cast.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/29/2013, 3:46 pm

Regardless of my feelings for Kurt or the NY side, this is a huge, huge mistake if the writers are truly going to try and keep both the NY and McKinley sides for the rest of the series.

It's going to be a nightmare.  And a failure.  Just think about it - let's say all this year's graduates (Sam, Tina, Artie, Blaine) all move to NY, and maybe Finn as well.  That's 8 major characters for the NY side.  5 newbies will be left behind, but in Glee canon you need 12 people to compete.  That means the writers are going to have to get 7 new characters (!!!!) to fill those spots in season 6/second half of season 5.  Combining both sides, that's already 20 characters, all of them competing for screentime, storylines, and songs, not even including any side characters or adult characters on either side (like Sue, Isabelle, Brody, Mr. Schue, Emma).

There's no way the writers can handle that amount of characters on both sides and satisfy anyone watching.  Some characters will inevitably be pushed into the background, into supporting roles, and their fans will be pissed.  And even the characters that do remain "main" ones, their storylines won't have enough room to really grow and develop - everything will be half-assed, because there's not enough space or time.  How would the writers balance both sides?  Have one episode be all NY, then the next all Lima, next all NY, back and forth?  Have one episode be 70% one side 20% the other, and go back and forth, back and forth that way?  If that's the case they should either create that spinoff so both halves can have their own show, like the writers should have done all along, or one side needs to go.  

They can't do this.  They're going to destroy their own show through oversized cast and implosion.  I feel so bad for Chris, Lea, Cory, and Naya.  They truly deserve better.  And even if they're getting steady paychacks, they're not getting to really push themselves acting-wise or get great storylines, so it still sucks for them.

I'm really upset now.  :(

Last edited by ColferGirl on 6/29/2013, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/29/2013, 4:00 pm

I've ceased to give a shit about Glee. Not even a tiny bit. I watch for the brief glimpses of Kurt, but otherwise there is nothing entertaining to me. Contrived issues with perfect characters, and an important story like transgender being put in the hands of someone who is a one-note actor, these things do not make me happy.

My brother called me today to tell me about the "making regular" news, and it was terribly hard to tell him that I don't really care. Glee isn't fun to watch, it is painful, and usually kind of boring. The same people get the same perfect stories, and the same characters (like Kurt especially) get the pain and angst and then foisted in the background until he is used to flesh out someone elses story. Every time it looks like Kurt might actually get something or someone of his own, it turns out to be something for Rachel (makeover) or the boyfriend disappears so Kurt can continue on his chaste journey of waiting for Blaine to grow the hell up.

There is nothing in this for me to care about, other than Chris is getting money to pay for his house, and his future investments. I can't wait for Chris' book, so we have something positive to talk about.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/29/2013, 4:35 pm

The Death of a Show: How to Do It and Make Sure It Never Revives.

What is the point? Well like Divalicious said it's gone to a point beyond understanding and caring long time ago. And I can see this kind of news will hurt a lot of oldies fans who still care passionately. I really feel for them.

I think a lot of our sympathies go for the old cast, because I have serious bad vibes of some, if not all of them, being dropped to guest star status. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong when the first credits roll, but just this omnious cloud started to hang around my head. What makes me even more upset is that I know for sure if Chris and Lea get demoted they will still be unabashedly USED to promote this sad excuse of a show. :(
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/29/2013, 4:42 pm

Maybe we need to change the name of the show here to "Glum". Smile 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/29/2013, 4:42 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Aaaaaaaand Jayma got a regular gig in a new show. So, FOX is basically chasing away its original, talented cast and replace them with boring, uninspiring, unwanted actors. WTF?!

I'm genuinely happy for Jayma, because she was being wasted on Glee. neutre 

glimmerle wrote:Here's an excerpt from the THR-article:
Glee is cementing the future of New Directions.
The Fox musical has promoted Melissa Benoist (Marley), Jacob Artist (Jake), Becca Tobin (Kitty) and The Glee Project alums Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to series regulars, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.  
(...)
Fox and studio 20th Television renewed the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk musical for its fifth and sixth seasons in April and the promotions come as little surprise all five have been considered the future of the series as its original core cast marches toward the show's latest graduation. (Morris' Brittany graduated in May's fourth season finale, and the actress' pregnancy further complicated the ditzy cheerleader's likelihood of returning.)  Benoist's Marley has been considered the heir apparent to Lea Michele's Rachel within Glee's New Directions; Artist's Jake portrays the younger half-brother to Salling's Puck and her love interest. Tobin was cast as Kitty, the new snarky mean girl of the club and Jenner is the all-American Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith) of the group. Newell, meanwhile, plays Wade "Unique" Adams, a transgender teenager with a killer voice.
(...)
The comments at the source, though... moque

I've read the comments below and I can count with my hand those who're 'newbies lovers'. Most of people are upset they're replacing their old loved cast, and also are pointing they have nothing new to add, even the article said Marley and Ryder are Rachel and Finn 2.0.

After reading this, I don't know why they insist with the idea of having a new generation every year. It could be a good plot if instead of recycling storylines, they create new ones. But as they don't, I want them to rip off MK and focusing on NY, because I see so much potential in developing the old cast storyline, because for those who have been followed Glee since season one, it will be great to see how this characters went from outcast teens to adults who finally overcome their issues and got their dreams.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 6/29/2013, 4:53 pm

This news doesn't surprise me in the least... The only thing I can say is that I feel bad for the cast (old & new) because regardless of whatever RIB/Fox focus on (NY vs. McKinnely), the writing will still be dreck. They have the attention span of fruit flies and can't bother to tell a consistent, logical story that's even worth the toilet paper they utilize.

I can't say that I dislike these actors per se, but the writing has not endeared them to me in any way shape or form. Plus, they are going to be handicapped with the burden of trying to sustain McKinnely focus with such ridiculous, offensive, and ill-planned stories like eating disorders, child molestation, and school shootings to get viewers attention. I feel awful for Chris, Lea, Cory, Naya, Kevin (who I think will be NY bound), since they are truly STUCK on this sinking ship, and it may hurt their overall career prospects the longer they stay contractually bound to Glee.. Just by going by Lea's tweet pic yesterday, I can sense there must be some sort of implosion behind the scenes, and that cannot create a harmonic work environment either.  

Oh well, the only good thing about this news is that Chris can continue to collect his paycheck, and I can continue not to watch Glee, and focus on other more important things (I'm going to graduate next Spring with my Masters).

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/29/2013, 5:20 pm

Well, there goes whatever hope I had of McKinley being tossed. Guess that RM won the battle with the network. :angry: 

What is especially upsetting is that members of the original group are being let go in order to make room for the noobs. Admittedly they didn't play the most prominent characters, but they played a significant part in making Glee a great show and it's sad to see them treated so shabbily. The writing is on the wall - anyone who can get out is getting out is jumping out the escape hatch. Lea, Cory and Chris, sadly, are stuck and still want to give the show their best effort. They will continue to be shortchanged in favor of the bland and the boring.

Maybe I'm being a masochist but I'm admitting now that I'll still be watching. I'll spend a lot of time totally pissed off about things and I'll be here bitching about what a mess they've made the show into but I won't stop watching. Not so long as Chris is on. I'll complain when he's stuck with one or two lines, but I want to keep supporting him.

The rest? They can jump off a cliff for all I care.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/29/2013, 5:53 pm

I'll live in my little Kurt world where only Kurt exists on Glee. I'll take my 4-5 minutes of an episode and enjoy those for what they are (hopefully, without Blarren) and leave the rest of the show on the cutting room floor-where it belongs.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 6/29/2013, 8:13 pm

Something to consider with this news is Mike O'Malley and Jessalyn (Terri) were both upped to REGULAR status for S2. ... And look how much they were actually used then.

Also, last season, Amber, Harry, and Mark were still Regulars and look how much THEY were actually used.

So, perhaps the noobs being promoted to Regulars doesn't quite mean the overwhelming focus on McK or end of Glee's eventual move to NY that is assumed. Maybe it's just a 'consolation prize' for their getting dumped/downsized for the rest of the season/series after an initial McK focused beginning of S5?

Aside from this Regular news, everything up until now, including show canon, has been telegraphing a strong if not total shift to NY.

saispa

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 6/29/2013, 8:50 pm

I think this should be the last year of the Originals.
And then they continue with New Actors
Glee is about Ohio and the choir.
So it should remain so, renewing the cast every X time
Here in Portugal there was a series that did that (the cast changed year after year) and lasted 10 years.
I Love Chris, Naya, Cory and Lea but they need to go. :( 
I thought so before start of season 4, and season 4 just confirmed what I thought saispa 
They just need to try not to make 2.0 original characters.
Melissa, Becca, Jacob and Blake are good. They just need original characters and not copies.
This is fault of writers sifflou
Darren Criss that it is not Original can also go tonguue 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/29/2013, 9:30 pm

Sonia, I don't know how TV works in Portugal, but in the U.S. prime time TV usually keeps the same core actors through the lifespan of the show. Most of the high school shows in prime time TV wind up following the characters to to college and beyond. They may add or subtract a few characters here and there, but the same core group stays for the lifetime of the series.

The show needs to grow and change with the audience. The audience spent three years getting to know and love the characters and actors. The audience wants to follow their journeys, not get to know all new characters. That is why Glee lost about 20% of the audience from episode 1 & 2 when compared to episodes 3-22. Only the well publicized afteer hiatis episodes (sadie hawkins, girls and boys on film, and shooting star had more than 6.5 viewers after the first two episodes). Kurt and Rachel were used to publicize those episodes--not the newbies. The Fox marketing team knows who the audience wants to see.

If Glee was an afternoon program geared towards tweens and teens, they could get away with changing out the characters (like DeGrassi) because in that case the audience outgrows the show, and a new audience would find the show. That works on an afternoon show geared to a certain age group, but it does not work for a prime time series, which are watched by more adults and families.

What they should have done is moved the existing characters to college or jobs after school, and followed their journeys. Just because the show started as a show about a Glee club in Ohio, it doesn't mean it had to stay that way. They could have turned them to a college glee club, or performing arts, or whatever.

Clearly the show didn't work as well last season, and RIB and Fox are idiots if they think these five new regulars are going to all of the sudden be loved by the audience. Just looking at the comments under the article, almost all of them want the orignals--not the newbies.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/29/2013, 9:45 pm

SippyCupofLuv wrote:Something to consider with this news is Mike O'Malley and Jessalyn (Terri) were both upped to REGULAR status for S2. ... And look how much they were actually used then.

Also, last season, Amber, Harry, and Mark were still Regulars and look how much THEY were actually used.

So, perhaps the noobs being promoted to Regulars doesn't quite mean the overwhelming focus on McK or end of Glee's eventual move to NY that is assumed. Maybe it's just a 'consolation prize' for their getting dumped/downsized for the rest of the season/series after an initial McK focused beginning of S5?

Aside from this Regular news, everything up until now, including show canon, has been telegraphing a strong if not total shift to NY.

saispa

I like the way you think, and you make a really good point. I hope you're right. I'll try not to get too wound up about this until we know for sure what will happen next season, and see it for ourselves. Because it's possible what you said is true...I really hope it is.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 6/29/2013, 10:30 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
SippyCupofLuv wrote:Something to consider with this news is Mike O'Malley and Jessalyn (Terri) were both upped to REGULAR status for S2. ... And look how much they were actually used then.

saispa

I like the way you think, and you make a really good point.  I hope you're right.  I'll try not to get too wound up about this until we know for sure what will happen next season, and see it for ourselves.  Because it's possible what you said is true...I really hope it is.

Thank you Smile U hope it is too, because I want to still love Glee and NY focus is the only way I see that being possible again...
... moreso if there's no Blaine (or a Blaine who finally gets smacked down by the reality of his mediocrity and douchebeggedness) or at least no more Klaine. Razz 

It also occurred to me while discussing the news with my Mom, that another reason for a promotion to Regular status could be to keep the actors locked to Glee for whenever RIB want to use them.

Just like they did with Mike O'Malley and Jessalyn. As Regulars the noobs can't go off and do something else while they're not being used and then be unavailable for when RIB need/want them.

Given the overwhelmingly anti-noob/anti-Lima/pro-NY comments on the article, and how those types of comments have been very prevalent throughout S4, I just can't comprehend how Fox/RIB would seriously be still continuing down a path for the show that hasn't worked and has lost them so many viewers. (Though a good amount of that is likely due to Blee since the decline in viewers started with the increase of Blaine/Darren/Klaine, the noobs just 'kicked an already dying horse'.)

And even IF Fox/RIB are still hanging on to the failed idea of the noobs/McK and Blee, and are holding hope that they'll still catch-on, the reality and even lower ratings may finally break-through to them. And 'noob-Regulars' or not, Fox/RIB can still course-correct back to NY. ... IF they had steered away from it and the direction that clearly the viewers/fans have been crying for all of S4 and now.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next