Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColferInspired on 6/6/2013, 11:48 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I remember this one http://collider.com/imogene-review/. Don’t forget this is a Kristen Wiig movie who had some incredible successes in the past. Her movie would receive a fairer treatment if provided.

Chris is still too associated with Glee and you could predict the critics would be harsher with him. Also there is this really weird tendency in the media that victims are not allowed to fight back and should take the “higher road”. Some people sincerely seemed pissed off because for once a character didn’t compile but actually fought back with dirty methods.




That is pretty bad. And it sounds too weird for even me to have a look at it.

The critics gave honest reviews about SBL. Some others where their reviews didn't matter gave some not nice ones, but I don't think they even saw the movie because a lot of what they said made no sense, or just wanted a typical teen movie with sex and vulgarity. And like you said about the media.

Chris had quite a few proper critics that gave some of the best reviews. Critics are still giving this movie good reviews, probably because it is so popular now.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColdFlame96 on 6/6/2013, 11:58 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I remember this one http://collider.com/imogene-review/. Don’t forget this is a Kristen Wiig movie who had some incredible successes in the past. Her movie would receive a fairer treatment if provided.

Chris is still too associated with Glee and you could predict the critics would be harsher with him. Also there is this really weird tendency in the media that victims are not allowed to fight back and should take the “higher road”. Some people sincerely seemed pissed off because for once a character didn’t compile but actually fought back with dirty methods.


Hey the review for To The Wonder is on the same site. I was an extra in that movie! Smile
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColferInspired on 6/6/2013, 12:21 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I remember this one http://collider.com/imogene-review/. Don’t forget this is a Kristen Wiig movie who had some incredible successes in the past. Her movie would receive a fairer treatment if provided.

Chris is still too associated with Glee and you could predict the critics would be harsher with him. Also there is this really weird tendency in the media that victims are not allowed to fight back and should take the “higher road”. Some people sincerely seemed pissed off because for once a character didn’t compile but actually fought back with dirty methods.


Hey the review for To The Wonder is on the same site. I was an extra in that movie!

That is so awesome.

What did they have you do?
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColdFlame96 on 6/6/2013, 12:25 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I remember this one http://collider.com/imogene-review/. Don’t forget this is a Kristen Wiig movie who had some incredible successes in the past. Her movie would receive a fairer treatment if provided.

Chris is still too associated with Glee and you could predict the critics would be harsher with him. Also there is this really weird tendency in the media that victims are not allowed to fight back and should take the “higher road”. Some people sincerely seemed pissed off because for once a character didn’t compile but actually fought back with dirty methods.


Hey the review for To The Wonder is on the same site. I was an extra in that movie!

That is so awesome.

What did they have you do?

I was just a random student. I'm pretty sure I didn't even have a name. If I did, I don't know what it is. Razz

Oh and OT, but someone decided to retaliate against the stans by tagging every post they have under Darren Criss. Most of them are random, like cat gifs, music videos, the blog about someone's day.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 12:34 pm

Agreed, a movie about a woman who pretends to commit suicide to get her boyfriend back. Seriously? blinkk
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 12:35 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Oh and OT, but someone decided to retaliate against the stans by tagging every post they have under Darren Criss. Most of them are random, like cat gifs, music videos, the blog about someone's day.

That is so awesome and great! They fight back without using Chris (his image, name or body) but still make a very good point. I love it.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Buenos on 6/6/2013, 12:40 pm

Hey I wish Darren well in "Most likely" as well as his concert tour.

The problem I have is not with him, but his fans, which is another story.

Nobody hate me, but while I enjoyed the LOS book , the novelization of SBL and the movie SBL, I still think (as of now) Chris most mature gift is his acting.

So on a selfish note, I want him to get alot more roles acting, I also want him to write and do whatever he wants, but to me, it would be a waste for him not to full utilize what I think is an exceptional quality. It still boggle me that Glee was really his first professional gig and he never took an acting class in his life.

Ryan Murrphy said that Lea Michele's voice comes once in a generation (or something like that) , well I feel that way about Chris Colfer's acting. Even in Season 4, with limited screentime he just pulls focus with his acting and screen presence. Take "The Break UP" his heartbreak and horror on the realization of Blaine's cheating, it's so subtle yet powerful, it's almost like Acting 101 how to utilize the emotions in a scene with subtlety and nuance.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Ranwing on 6/6/2013, 12:46 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I wonder if it may leave another negative image for Darren? He isn’t stealing the show because of a stellar performance or anything. From a critical point of view, it may damage future casting , as no actor/actress like to be upstaged by a rapid fanbase and no merit.

The movie was in distribution hell and received negative reviews. Darren fans actually shouldn’t hope too many see this movie. It won’t be the breakthrough they seem to anticipate.

You have a film with a normally bankable comedy star (Wigg) that after several years has yet to make it to any kind of wide distribution and is still clunking around the festival circuit. This is not a tiny indie filmed on a shoestring budget (like Chris's movie). The fact that it cannot break out of film festival hell and get even a small distribution into regular film release really is saying a lot about the quality of the film. I know a few people who saw it and they were not impressed. And when I asked those who are not Glee fans what they thought of Darren's performance, the general response I got was "Who?"

And despite what Darren’s stans may believe, he’s hardly big enough a talent to make or break a film. Imogene (or whatever they’re calling it this week) isn’t going to rise or fall on account of Darren being in it. At the very least, his presence isn’t helping the film and critics certainly aren’t sitting up and taking notice of him. He’s at best an empty accessory. Something photogenic who isn’t pulling focus away from Wigg. The sad fact is that few outside of Darren’s noisy (though hardly numerous) fanbase actually cares about this film. If the producers felt that because of Darren’s presence that it was likely to do at least moderate business at the box office, it would have found a distributer ages ago. Hell, even Wigg can’t save this turkey.

Chris’s film was never meant to be a huge box office blockbuster. It got more than decent reviews from some respected critical (like my beloved Robert Ebert, who gave it four out of five stars and actually got what Chris was trying to say with this film). It’s been respected on the festival circuit, did decent enough business in pay per view and is making decent sales now that the dvd is out. It was a tiny film that more than made back its production costs. For a film that got most of its publicity by word of mouth, that’s hardly something to sneeze at.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Buenos on 6/6/2013, 1:44 pm

Chris’s film was never meant to be a huge box office blockbuster. It got more than decent reviews from some respected critical (like my beloved Robert Ebert, who gave it four out of five stars and actually got what Chris was trying to say with this film). It’s been respected on the festival circuit, did decent enough business in pay per view and is making decent sales now that the dvd is out. It was a tiny film that more than made back its production costs. For a film that got most of its publicity by word of mouth, that’s hardly something to sneeze at

The film was pretty much Chris' "vision" and he really didn't have to compromise all that much in how he wanted it made. So while it had a direct to video digital distribution , so to speak, to recoup it's costs, it's pretty much unprecedented how quickly Chris got his first movie made "intact". It gave Chris credibility in something outside of Glee, and the fact that he worked with so many name actors who were willing to get paid peanuts to work with him speaks volumes
.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  sjonnepon on 6/6/2013, 3:21 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed, a movie about a woman who pretends to commit suicide to get her boyfriend back. Seriously? blinkk

Don't give Ryan Murphy any ideas for Blaine.
avatar
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 3:22 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Oh and OT, but someone decided to retaliate against the stans by tagging every post they have under Darren Criss. Most of them are random, like cat gifs, music videos, the blog about someone's day.

That's hilarious! Smart to use anything but Chris so that they can't direct their hate toward Chris specifically. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 3:23 pm

sjonnepon wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed, a movie about a woman who pretends to commit suicide to get her boyfriend back. Seriously? blinkk

Don't give Ryan Murphy any ideas for Blaine.

Gross. I can so see this happening.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 3:32 pm

To be fair, SBL got mixed reviews as well. Some loved it (Roger Ebert) and some panned the film. I'm guessing Chris was judged especially harshly because he's so young, he's openly gay, and he's attached to Glee. Being attached to anything popular with young people will cause everyone, industry insiders and even fans themselves, to be cynical toward that performer. I loved the film and I'm proud of Chris for making a smart movie about goals and dreams, not sex, popularity, violence and drugs. I also like that his anti-hero fought back and refused to be a victim. That's real life for ya, folks.

I hate how the Blaine/Blarren stans are treating Chris as a prop, same thing that the Klaine fans are doing to Kurt. Chris deserves better. Chris' movie is a passion project from the heart...not a piece of crap made for profit. Chris wrote, produced and starred in the film because he wanted to share his message of hope so badly. He was just shy of directing the damned thing. Darren's movie is just something he is acting in as a secondary piece of eye candy for a paycheck. You cannot compare the two.

I wish these Darren stans would leave Chris alone. Chris is his own person and he deserves real fans who treat him as such.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 3:45 pm

sjonnepon wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed, a movie about a woman who pretends to commit suicide to get her boyfriend back. Seriously? blinkk

Don't give Ryan Murphy any ideas for Blaine.

The worst part about your statement, I totally can see RIB using such idea to reconcile a couple... Hooray for emotional abusive relationships!
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 3:54 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:To be fair, SBL got mixed reviews as well. Some loved it (Roger Ebert) and some panned the film. I'm guessing Chris was judged especially harshly because he's so young, he's openly gay, and he's attached to Glee. Being attached to anything popular with young people will cause everyone, industry insiders and even fans themselves, to be cynical toward that performer. I loved the film and I'm proud of Chris for making a smart movie about goals and dreams, not sex, popularity, violence and drugs. I also like that his anti-hero fought back and refused to be a victim. That's real life for ya, folks.

I hate how the Blaine/Blarren stans are treating Chris as a prop, same thing that the Klaine fans are doing to Kurt. Chris deserves better. Chris' movie is a passion project from the heart...not a piece of crap made for profit. Chris wrote, produced and starred in the film because he wanted to share his message of hope so badly. He was just shy of directing the damned thing. Darren's movie is just something he is acting in as a secondary piece of eye candy for a paycheck. You cannot compare the two.

I wish these Darren stans would leave Chris alone. Chris is his own person and he deserves real fans who treat him as such.

@Heather: Yes, Chris received mixed reviews, but while some of them had valid points others were really judgmental and unfair. I got the impression quite a few people didn't get the movie and were dumbfounded that for once a character was in the limelight who was an ass but still ambitious and had a point to hate his peers. Still, it was Chris movie. He wrote, directed and stared in it. No matter what some critics may say, it is a major achievement. Darren has one minor part in a movie that gets released at festivals again and again and again. It is not a good movie, not with a good premise. I am not saying this because I dislike Darren, but because it to read at various internet outlets. Also only Darren fans seem to know it is his movie. The rest of the world sees Kristen Wiig.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 4:01 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed, a movie about a woman who pretends to commit suicide to get her boyfriend back. Seriously? blinkk

Don't give Ryan Murphy any ideas for Blaine.

The worst part about your statement, I totally can see RIB using such idea to reconcile a couple... Hooray for emotional abusive relationships!

I know! They are so much fun to make fun of! Right, Lottie? Wink

-------

http://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=489

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum