Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 6:39 pm

coxfire wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Yeah, Blaine was only in 5 of those numbers, and only 1 of them was a solo. And he got over 30 songs this season! moque

It is mean but I love the fact they left the Teenage Dream cover out. I thought it received a lot of praise while the performance dragged to long and wasn't that well handled in terms of intensity. Yep i am a bitch I know

I actually really like the full iTunes version. I'm a sucker for stripped-down acoustics. Just like I loved Jakes "Let me love You". But I agree that the show performance didnt really hit the mark.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  coxfire 5/13/2013, 6:46 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
coxfire wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Yeah, Blaine was only in 5 of those numbers, and only 1 of them was a solo. And he got over 30 songs this season! moque

It is mean but I love the fact they left the Teenage Dream cover out. I thought it received a lot of praise while the performance dragged to long and wasn't that well handled in terms of intensity. Yep i am a bitch I know

I actually really like the full iTunes version. I'm a sucker for stripped-down acoustics. Just like I loved Jakes "Let me love You". But I agree that the show performance didnt really hit the mark.

I don't know about the audio version only, it's definitely not my style (honestly, 95% of Glee is not my style, of all they sang this season, only the original Don't speak, Creep and the two Queen songs can be found on my iPod, I'm a rock/electro girl), So I can't say. On screen, the beginning was ok, but I got bored in the middle and found it too "forced" and not crescendo enough on the second half
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 6:53 pm

coxfire wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
coxfire wrote:

I don't know about the audio version only, it's definitely not my style (honestly, 95% of Glee is not my style, of all they sang this season, only the original Don't speak, Creep and the two Queen songs can be found on my iPod, I'm a rock/electro girl), So I can't say. On screen, the beginning was ok, but I got bored in the middle and found it too "forced" and not crescendo enough on the second half

Well the full version is a little different since it was done in a studio. It's a lot calmer and actually rather soothing. Darren has a nice smooth voice when he keeps it within his range. I listen to pretty much every genre of music so I'm fine with most of the music on Glee.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 6:59 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_mmrbkvXEmL1qj8dg6o1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_mmrbkvXEmL1qj8dg6o2_500

And again, only Chris/Kurt for Glee. humhum
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 7:09 pm

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_mmrbkvXEmL1qj8dg6o1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_mmrbkvXEmL1qj8dg6o2_500

And again, only Chris/Kurt for Glee. humhum

It's okay, Marie. You can vent it out.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2013, 7:10 pm

Now I am getting curious. They only use Chris for all promotional pics. Not even Rachel? They most likely try to get the Kurt fans back, as they know this the audience they might lose for good.

Hey Glee, give Kurt some GOOD storylines and we can talk again. I am willing to forgive you, but you need to make some amends!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/13/2013, 7:19 pm

Ranwing wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Ranwing wrote:FOX updated their Facebook cover photo. Interesting to see who is on it from Glee and (more tellingly) who is not. Twisted Evil

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_mmr4jmI6o61qj8dg6o1_500

This is so funny! Understandably Bacon is the center, he is currently their biggest name, but then I just see Chris and Zooey. Fan goggels from me or just general impression?

They put some of their most recognizable faces from their top shows. What surprises me is that of all the Glee cast, they chose Chris over even Lea, who is arguably the main lead of the show. And they didn't pick Darren. It's Chris up there with Gordon Ramsey, Cat Deely and Ryan Seacrest (and has one of the biggest solo images).

At least the network recognizes how important Chris is and is apparently pushing him.

This is nothing new, though. They have been heavily using Chris all season to promote the show, even when he wasn't in the episode (like shooting star).

Appearently Fox puts a lot more value in Chris' image than RIB does.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 7:25 pm

well, kurt hummel is the face of glee. if you have to use ONE person to represent the show, the first face that comes up, is Kurt. everyone else is less/none distinctive. of course, what's actually written into the show is a different story.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2013, 7:27 pm

fantastica wrote:well, kurt hummel is the face of glee. if you have to use ONE person to represent the show, the first face that comes up, is Kurt. everyone else is less/none distinctive. of course, what's actually written into the show is a different story.

Yeah, but Rachel??! Fits the fold perfectly as well. She still wasn't used.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 7:32 pm

rachel is too. but if you have to use one face, either one is fine. but somehow kurt is more "distinctive".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 7:36 pm

over night rating is no longer representative in terms of all the online/offline watching as a whole, but advertiser only pay attention to showings where their ads will be placed. in other words if you buy ad space on broadcast tv (will also be shown on cable of course) but most viewers choose to watch on netflix or hulu or amazon then they won't be watching your ads. so to you, only the broadcast/cable watchers count, unless you will also be paying for online showings.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/13/2013, 7:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Joe Flint ‏@JBFlint 4m
"Overnight ratings are no longer representative," Fox's Kevin Reilly says. Good. Maybe we all stop writing them every morning!
Lol, so all of a sudden the ratings are not important anymore?

Actually, there is some truth to the overnight ratings not being that important anymore. The DVR numbers, on demand, and online watching also figure in. So in reality, Glee could still have stronger numbers when all of those are combined, but it's just not important enough for people to watch live when the show airs (i.e. they could be watching Grey's Anatomy live, but then watch Glee on their DVR or on demand).

Glorfindel wrote:
In other news: TVLine made a list of the 25 best musical numbers in season 4 (according to them).

1. Rachel: "Being Good Isn't Good Enough"
2. Rachel (with Artie, Mercedes, Tina, Kurt and Finn): "Don't Stop Believin'"
3. Finn, Rachel, Blaine, Kurt, Santana, Brittany, Will and Emma: "The Scientist”
4. Santana: "Girl on Fire"
5. Rachel: "O Holy Night"
6. Blaine & Kurt: "Come What May"
7. Finn and Rachel: "We've Got Tonight"
8. Santana, Isabelle, Rachel and Kurt: "At The Ballet"
9. Emma: "(Not) Getting Married Today"
10. Finn and New Directions: "Don't Dream It's Over"
11. Kurt: "Being Alive"
12. Blaine: "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)"
13. Rachel & Brody: “Creep"
14. Quinn, Santana, and Brittany: "Come See About Me”
15. Santana: "Mine"
16. Marley and Jake: "(You Drive Me) Crazy"/”Crazy"
17. Isabelle, Kurt and Rachel: "The Way You Look Tonight"/”You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile"
18. Rachel: "To Love You More"
19. Quinn, Puck, Mike, Santana, Mercedes and Finn: "Homeward Bound"/”Home"
20. Rachel & Marley: "New York State of Mind"
21. Ryder, Sam, and the guys of Grease: "Greased Lightning"
22. Kurt Vs. Rachel: "Bring Him Home"
23. Santana: "Cold Hearted"
24. Unique, Marley, Brittany, Tina and Sugar: "Locked Out of Heaven"
25. Mercedes: "Higher Ground"
TVLine's Glee: 25 Best Musical Performances of Season 4

Most noticeable: hardly any noobs. vexe

Kurt is in 7 of those 25 performances. That's not bad, considering he only sang in 13 songs this season. dryy

Very interesting list. Only a few newbie mentions, and hardly any Blaine songs of note. Love it Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 8:14 pm

fantastica wrote:rachel is too. but if you have to use one face, either one is fine. but somehow kurt is more "distinctive".

I recall when people began tuning out and hate-watching (in my PhD program, before I started to watch). They stopped watching hating Rachel. So perhaps that explains why they are using Kurt. They want some of those old, disappeared fans to come back. They didn't have a burning dislike for Kurt. . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/13/2013, 8:30 pm

So, I don't know if it's accurate, but I've been seeing images that say Glee season 5 will start on August 29. If that's true, and we truly get the "handful" of episodes to wrap up McKinley, and then focus is moved to NY, we should see five or six episodes before the baseball playoffs start.

I wonder if they'll do a full 22 episodes for the season if this is the case. If they do the show uninterrupted starting the first week in April, 17 episodes would take them until the end of July.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 8:58 pm

I was going to ask if it was confirmed Glee is starting on August 29th, because I've seen a couple of tweets saying that. So it seems is true. But isn't a little bit early?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/13/2013, 9:08 pm

it's supposed to be a bit earlire than usual. i haven't seen the official date but it sounds right.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/13/2013, 9:14 pm

I like it that half of Kurt's paltry amount of songs makes into the list, and those who get the huge amount of singing barely get any up in there. It shows you the quality of Kurt's singing, and what he brings in emotion to the scene. People value this far more than RIB seem to be aware.

Then I see Kurt's picture on the FOX promo thing, and ponder if TIIC have finally finished with the grand experiments of RIB with the Glee Project and the people it has been pushing, and they might actually want Kurt to....wait for it...get an actual story of his very own next year. Because Kurt has languished as a character while tons of time has been handed to other less worthy actors. But I don't hope for it, I can't be that stupid, after two entire seasons of disappointment.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2013, 2:40 am

brisallie wrote:I was going to ask if it was confirmed Glee is starting on August 29th, because I've seen a couple of tweets saying that. So it seems is true. But isn't a little bit early?

It hasn't been confirmed. They annunced that both XFACTOR and GLEE would start airing two weeks earlier than the rest of FOX's fall lineup. However, since we don't know when FOX's regular prime time season starts , August 29 is a guess based upon the premise that FOX will launch around the same time as they did in 2012. (Sept 12)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2013, 7:26 am

Divalicious wrote:I like it that half of Kurt's paltry amount of songs makes into the list, and those who get the huge amount of singing barely get any up in there. It shows you the quality of Kurt's singing, and what he brings in emotion to the scene. People value this far more than RIB seem to be aware.

Then I see Kurt's picture on the FOX promo thing, and ponder if TIIC have finally finished with the grand experiments of RIB with the Glee Project and the people it has been pushing, and they might actually want Kurt to....wait for it...get an actual story of his very own next year. Because Kurt has languished as a character while tons of time has been handed to other less worthy actors. But I don't hope for it, I can't be that stupid, after two entire seasons of disappointment.
This.
I've seen these kind of reasoning and discussions about Kurt's role in Glee getting increased or better again come and go ever since he got sidelined to Dalton in season 2 (and relegated to being the doo-wop behind Blaine).
In season 3 it was the constant hope that everytime Kurt lost something they would make it up to him by giving him something else (like the Presidency, or a solo at Regionals or Nationals), and when that didn't happen we thought that this season of fail would at least amount to him getting NYADA.
Throughout season 4 we thought that as soon as they set up the noobs in Lima the New York side would get more focus and we'd see Kurt at Vogue, NYADA or single in the city (or with Adam). Nope. All the while we thought that Fox would intervene and tell RIB to concentrate on their better actors and characters, but they never did.
Now there are signs that they will phase out McKinley and go to New York 100%, but by the time that might happen it's a year later, and leech Blaine will be in New York too, hogging the mic and being mr. golden boy.

No, no hopes or expectations from me for season 5 and 6. Once bitten, twice shy, and we've been bitten multiple times by RIB.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/14/2013, 7:50 am

Considering how many songs Blaine got in season 4 it makes me so happy they chose so few of them in that list :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 10:10 am

arina wrote:Considering how many songs Blaine got in season 4 it makes me so happy they chose so few of them in that list :-)

It's almost like a slap in the face to RIB and the Blarren stans...and to be honest, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Twisted Evil
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 10:17 am

Nor I!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2013, 12:01 pm

The one thing is that with so little focus Kurt/Chris still pulls focus on the show, he's that good.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2013, 1:29 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
arina wrote:Considering how many songs Blaine got in season 4 it makes me so happy they chose so few of them in that list :-)

It's almost like a slap in the face to RIB and the Blarren stans...and to be honest, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Twisted Evil

Most legitimate critics I've read (and not bloggers or those dependent upon FOX for access aren't as enamored with Darren/Blaine as we might have assumed. The biggest complaints that I've read about season 4 was not the numerous hiatuses (which were annoying) but the dramatically reduced screen time for Rachel, Kurt, and Finn (as well as several other graduated seniors who seemed to come back only to support the noobs). There were numerous criticism about the overload of Blaine solos and the fact that Kurt got only three this entire season (and all three sold well and were well regarded critically). The myth that everything that Blarren touched turned to gold has been punctured to everyone except the Blarren stans who think that the sun rises and sets on him.

The network is making it very clear where they think that the draw is and it is not with Darren. And its not even with Lea (both she and her character can be very, very polarizing). They went with Chris and Chris alone. I would have been pleasantly surprised to see Chris and Lea used to promote Glee since they are the two actors (along with Jane) who are best known and have the most critical acclaim. But they made the decision to feature only Chris. That is pretty mind blowing for me. And gets me to be cautiously optimistic that we will see more focus on Chris/Kurt next season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 1:33 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Most legitimate critics I've read (and not bloggers or those dependent upon FOX for access aren't as enamored with Darren/Blaine as we might have assumed. The biggest complaints that I've read about season 4 was not the numerous hiatuses (which were annoying) but the dramatically reduced screen time for Rachel, Kurt, and Finn (as well as several other graduated seniors who seemed to come back only to support the noobs). There were numerous criticism about the overload of Blaine solos and the fact that Kurt got only three this entire season (and all three sold well and were well regarded critically). The myth that everything that Blarren touched turned to gold has been punctured to everyone except the Blarren stans who think that the sun rises and sets on him.

The network is making it very clear where they think that the draw is and it is not with Darren. And its not even with Lea (both she and her character can be very, very polarizing). They went with Chris and Chris alone. I would have been pleasantly surprised to see Chris and Lea used to promote Glee since they are the two actors (along with Jane) who are best known and have the most critical acclaim. But they made the decision to feature only Chris. That is pretty mind blowing for me. And gets me to be cautiously optimistic that we will see more focus on Chris/Kurt next season.

Dear God, I hope so. Chris certainly deserves better treatment than he's been getting the past 2 seasons.

And I only remember him doing 2 solos. What was the 3rd one?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next