Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread

+2
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
6 posters

Go down

2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty 2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/12/2013, 8:04 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

New Directions performs irresitibly haunting music frm Fleetwood Mac's Rumors album, and Sue and her "League of Doom" resurrect McKinley's "fact-free" newspaper, the Muckraker,which leads to a host of other rumors. Kristin Chenoweth guest stars.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/12/2013, 8:51 pm

Sadly, a light Kurt episode, but I after the beauty of Born That Way, I can forgive it.

Fondue for two. It always grosses me out when Lord Tubbington goes for the cheese.

Sue's David Bowie costume is awesome. And then the quick disguise change. Ohio loves you, Ann Coulter!

Crossrhodes. The April Rhodes story. LOL

I love Kurt's reactions to all of the rumos. He really says so much with just an expression.

April sure likes to honk noses when she drinks.

Shaking Kurt during April's song is adorable. Smile Gosh, Chris looks so young.

Santana really was a maniplator. "That's just friends talking with their toungues really close." Brittany really is stupid.

I really liked the staging of "Never Going Back Again" with all of the guitarists. It was a sweet song for Artie, so difference from the stuff they give him now.

Rachel and Finn on the stakeout is interesting. I like that Kurt was supportive of Sam.

It's sad that neither Rachel (Kurt's best friend), or Finn (his brother) felt they could talk to Kurt about what they saw before gossiping about it with the rest of ND.

Songbird is OK, but I really prefer Naya on the more upbeat songs.

Sam in Kurt's coat is funny. I know that there were pictures of Kurt in it, but did he ever actually wear it on the show?

I love Hummelberry in this scene. "Oh how I've missed your insanity" is one of my favorite Kurt lines, and I love the head tilt as he closes the locker. I love his hair in this scene.

Brit's questions to Will are crazy.

I love "I Don't Wanna Know." It's my favorite song in the episode. Cory and Dianna sound so good together on this song.

"Quinn and Kurt are both here today, so we know he's not doing the dirty." I can't believe Artie said that in front of everyone, including Quinn and Kurt. Love Kurt's wideeyes.

The song from April's show is hysterical.

It's sweet that Emma is being so supportive of Will. We don't see much of that on this sho. Will's commitment to the kids is touching.

Go your own way is another fun song. Kurt really seems to dig Fleetwood Mac. Pity he didn't get a song.

Sam's brother and sister are cute.

Don't Stop is fun. I love the group numbers with lot of people featured. Of course, Chris was adorablewithhis dancing an expressions Smile As usual.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x19 "Rumors" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 8:56 pm

One Fleetwood Mac song that I thought would've been a fun group number to sing was "The Chain". I'm so bummed they didn't do this song! :( The other covers of "Go Your Own Way" and "Songbird" were great, though.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/12/2013, 9:27 pm

RE: Songbird.

I was so underwhelmed by the performance of this song. Granted, we were coming off the episode with AIWNSG, but Naya never seemed to connect to the song to me. Too much overacting in her arm movement. Just not natural at all.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/12/2013, 9:48 pm

Sam in Kurt's coat is funny. I know that there were pictures of Kurt in it, but did he ever actually wear it on the show?

Once, in the episode Hell-O when Finn did his solo. It lasted a second on screen.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/12/2013, 10:16 pm

I hold this episode with great fondness. Because this was when Sam remembered what Kurt did for him and didn't throw him under the bus in order to embraced Blaine's bro-ness.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 10:21 pm

M&M wrote:RE: Songbird.

I was so underwhelmed by the performance of this song. Granted, we were coming off the episode with AIWNSG, but Naya never seemed to connect to the song to me. Too much overacting in her arm movement. Just not natural at all.

Really? I thought it was beautiful. It was one of the few Santana scenes that I could stand her in! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/19/2013, 1:06 am

Fondue for two started off funny, but then all the Brittney overload made me resent any repeat scenes of the little show. Lord Tubbington however, is always welcome. Outing Santana, and then using the other meaning for playing for the other team, very passive aggressive.

Rachel asking Sam out, and being refused.

David Bowie/Sue and Terri. Two great actresses and insanity. I miss Terri. Sue changing disguises in the blink of an eye, and Terri just going with it. I liked April's dress, and her enthusiasm. She wrote her own show, smart girl.

The Muckraker. The one time Santana got mad at Brittney, the rest of the time she alternates between indicating how stupid Britt is, and telling her she is a genius.

April drinks her dinner with a straw. Fleetwood Mac was a great theme for this episode. I liked April, she had a quirky attitude that fit in with the first two season underdogs. Her voice works with Will well.

Brittney isn't cheating on Artie because she is a girl and so is Santana. Artie expressing his fears how this hot girl hangs so much with Santana, Britt comes to Santana's defense and then walks off crying saying he is the only one who didn't call her stupid. Which means she knows Santana does, then that is okay? Whatever.

I liked Artie's song with the guitar back up. Puck just happened to be there, and then Sam and Finn show up. Not to mention all those other guys. Nice performance. It was nice when they put a lot of thought into most of their performances. There was still a lot of park and bark in season 2, but not like now.

The stake out. All the cheaters and lack of trust. Then the line how you forgive your first love everything, something RIB seem to believe. Kurt coming out, and their immediate thought is how Kurt would cheat on Blaine. Quinn reinforcing that Sam is not gay.

Brad is just furniture, and Santana actually apologized for insulting him. I think that is the only time. Songbird was good, but she does seem to have a problem maintaining notes if she is singing softly, needing the power of a belt to carry the note. I am not an expert, but it did take me out of the song. Santana not being ready for a public announcement, and Brittney giving her a way to come out, because she is braver (doesn't care).

Kurt misses Rachel's insanity. Looks adorable in that sweater. Kurt being a team player, and that focusing on hurtful hateful gossip takes away from Nationals. That didn't help you boy!! Go back in time and be in it for yourself. Team playing got you nothing.

I loved the Chain, I am glad they did not remake it. It is amazing that just a hug makes them think the sex thing immediately.

Britt's inappropriate questions, and it is okay, because she is following Sue's orders. The excuse she usually uses.

How tiresome they made Becky. Yes, it is empowering to have a Down's bully, but is that something you want Down's kids to aspire to?

Quinn and Finn's angry duet. They did seem more equal than Finchel. Finn was allowed to be angry at Quinn, and vice versa. Rachel is usually made a victim in the Finchel relationship. The audience knew, and were giving them looks.

Quinn puts her relationship with Finn first, and before Nationals.

the Libretto, hilarious. Kristen has an amazing voice. Offering Broadway to Will (and later finding out it was a hit and he could have been in it). Emma watching, because no one trusts anyone on this show because of all the cheating.

They must have really long lunches at McKinley, because if I ate all those strawberries, grapes, carrots and celery it would take at least an hour. No protein though, unless she is drinking it. Not the best balanced diet.

Okay for girls to sing boy friends, but not the opposite. I always thought Kurt would do well with Fleetwood Mac songs, but they have him in the Broadway niche when he gets to sing the few songs he gets. Quinn looking pissed. Finchel does work better when they aren't actually dating.

Sam's confession about his dad losing his job and them living in a motel.

Funny drunks, Terri not wanting protein and placenta in her drink, but April doesn't care as long as there is alcohol. I just noticed the line "the stench of alcohol sweat" of Sue's caused April to sniff her cleavage. Hee.

Kurt and Quinn do all the work helping Sam, but Finchel reaps the rewards. The two siblings have disappeared. Of course, not once this season have they discussed how Sam is still living in Lima. Well, not once in a scene I didn't fast forward through. Kurt maintains his ability to keep silence, about Karofsky and Sam. Putting down Kurt's clothing styles, yes, thanks Finn. Good brother, there. So for this poor family you buy back his guitar. Nice, but it shows you the way a teenager thinks. I guess that is appropriate, they are teenagers, so I forgive them. Sam cried. How far you have fallen, to be part of Blam now.

Santana hiding in the closet in front of Brittney.

Will's dream being National's. Sam brings the kids to sing on stage. They still managed to throw some choreography. I liked Kurt rocking out. Mike actually used Kurt to get Sam's guitar so Mike and Puck could lift him up. That was his Bro moment!! How could I miss it?

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/19/2013, 3:58 pm

Divalicious wrote:Fondue for two started off funny, but then all the Brittney overload made me resent any repeat scenes of the little show. Lord Tubbington however, is always welcome. Outing Santana, and then using the other meaning for playing for the other team, very passive aggressive.

Rachel asking Sam out, and being refused.

David Bowie/Sue and Terri. Two great actresses and insanity. I miss Terri. Sue changing disguises in the blink of an eye, and Terri just going with it. I liked April's dress, and her enthusiasm. She wrote her own show, smart girl.

The Muckraker. The one time Santana got mad at Brittney, the rest of the time she alternates between indicating how stupid Britt is, and telling her she is a genius.

April drinks her dinner with a straw. Fleetwood Mac was a great theme for this episode. I liked April, she had a quirky attitude that fit in with the first two season underdogs. Her voice works with Will well.

Brittney isn't cheating on Artie because she is a girl and so is Santana. Artie expressing his fears how this hot girl hangs so much with Santana, Britt comes to Santana's defense and then walks off crying saying he is the only one who didn't call her stupid. Which means she knows Santana does, then that is okay? Whatever.

I liked Artie's song with the guitar back up. Puck just happened to be there, and then Sam and Finn show up. Not to mention all those other guys. Nice performance. It was nice when they put a lot of thought into most of their performances. There was still a lot of park and bark in season 2, but not like now.

The stake out. All the cheaters and lack of trust. Then the line how you forgive your first love everything, something RIB seem to believe. Kurt coming out, and their immediate thought is how Kurt would cheat on Blaine. Quinn reinforcing that Sam is not gay.

Brad is just furniture, and Santana actually apologized for insulting him. I think that is the only time. Songbird was good, but she does seem to have a problem maintaining notes if she is singing softly, needing the power of a belt to carry the note. I am not an expert, but it did take me out of the song. Santana not being ready for a public announcement, and Brittney giving her a way to come out, because she is braver (doesn't care).

Kurt misses Rachel's insanity. Looks adorable in that sweater. Kurt being a team player, and that focusing on hurtful hateful gossip takes away from Nationals. That didn't help you boy!! Go back in time and be in it for yourself. Team playing got you nothing.

I loved the Chain, I am glad they did not remake it. It is amazing that just a hug makes them think the sex thing immediately.

Britt's inappropriate questions, and it is okay, because she is following Sue's orders. The excuse she usually uses.

How tiresome they made Becky. Yes, it is empowering to have a Down's bully, but is that something you want Down's kids to aspire to?

Quinn and Finn's angry duet. They did seem more equal than Finchel. Finn was allowed to be angry at Quinn, and vice versa. Rachel is usually made a victim in the Finchel relationship. The audience knew, and were giving them looks.

Quinn puts her relationship with Finn first, and before Nationals.

the Libretto, hilarious. Kristen has an amazing voice. Offering Broadway to Will (and later finding out it was a hit and he could have been in it). Emma watching, because no one trusts anyone on this show because of all the cheating.

They must have really long lunches at McKinley, because if I ate all those strawberries, grapes, carrots and celery it would take at least an hour. No protein though, unless she is drinking it. Not the best balanced diet.

Okay for girls to sing boy friends, but not the opposite. I always thought Kurt would do well with Fleetwood Mac songs, but they have him in the Broadway niche when he gets to sing the few songs he gets. Quinn looking pissed. Finchel does work better when they aren't actually dating.

Sam's confession about his dad losing his job and them living in a motel.

Funny drunks, Terri not wanting protein and placenta in her drink, but April doesn't care as long as there is alcohol. I just noticed the line "the stench of alcohol sweat" of Sue's caused April to sniff her cleavage. Hee.

Kurt and Quinn do all the work helping Sam, but Finchel reaps the rewards. The two siblings have disappeared. Of course, not once this season have they discussed how Sam is still living in Lima. Well, not once in a scene I didn't fast forward through. Kurt maintains his ability to keep silence, about Karofsky and Sam. Putting down Kurt's clothing styles, yes, thanks Finn. Good brother, there. So for this poor family you buy back his guitar. Nice, but it shows you the way a teenager thinks. I guess that is appropriate, they are teenagers, so I forgive them. Sam cried. How far you have fallen, to be part of Blam now.

Santana hiding in the closet in front of Brittney.

Will's dream being National's. Sam brings the kids to sing on stage. They still managed to throw some choreography. I liked Kurt rocking out. Mike actually used Kurt to get Sam's guitar so Mike and Puck could lift him up. That was his Bro moment!! How could I miss it?

I agree about Becky. I am so sick of her character. Do they have to make her so obnoxious?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down