Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

+37
coxfire
Adamina
bayth
Buenos
Vir Cotto
msjoanlucette
fountain
Ces
ecka
Sani
MoviesAreLife
dap1217
valkeakuulas
crazypumpkin
indiaskye
Piciollina
arina
opals
Catt24
CloveGlee
Delight
tanita_mors
fantastica
Ranwing
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
M&M
brisallie
Divalicious
zuppid
Jellyrolls
ColferGirl
MissSoniaPP
sheny
41 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 9:08 am

glimmerle wrote:It's nice Kurt's high register is getting a throughout positive reception for once. Sales-wise Rachel's version caught up, though:

912. Glee Cast - Bring Him Home (Glee Cast - Rachel/Lea Michele solo version)
927. Glee Cast - Bring Him Home (Glee Cast - Kurt / Chris Colfer Solo Version)

Kurt's solo now is only ahead of Tina's. And since I suppose it's mostly fandom buying the songs now, I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the episode airs and the general audience starts buying, Tina's more accessible pop song will surpass Kurt's obscure Broadway song with the unconventional voice-type, too.
Ah well, it was good while it lasted. fanny2

Seeing his version being so praised by the fandom was something neither one of us suspected to ever happen, so we've got that to cherish forever. His initial climb in the charts was a nice added bonus. I hope that TPTB noticed!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2013, 12:07 pm

I was looking at the Glee Forum, and they have an explanation as to why Rachel's version of Bring Him Home is suddenly doing much better than Kurt's version. Girl On Fire is a featured release on iTunes, and when you click on it, it brings up a list of all the songs in the episode, but not Kurt's Bring Him Home. All of the other songs have taken huge jumps, except Kurt's Bring Him Home, because of this.

Take a look at the last rankings posted there before Hung Up and Rachel's Bring Him Home overtook Kurt's Bring Him Home:

377. Girl On Fire
628. Don't Stop Me Now
629. Make No Mistake (She's Mine)
647. Diva
755. Nutbush City Limits
912. Bring Him Home (Rachel)
927. Bring Him Home (Kurt)
1014. Hung Up

And this is the most recent ratings posted:
187. Girl On Fire
272. Don't Stop Me Now
276. Diva
280. Make No Mistake (She's Mine)
325. Bring Him Home (Rachel)
329. Nutbush City Limits
354. Hung Up
890. Bring Him Home (Kurt)

Everything but Kurt's version has gone up hundreds of places overnight! I hope this is because someone screwed up and not because they are pushing Rachel's version over Kurt's.

The thing that sucks about it is that there could be a lot of people who would only buy one version of Bring Him Home, and they couldn't have been given the choice to pick the one they wanted. But instead, the only option that was promoted with the rest of the songs from the episode was Rachel's version. Even if they add it in there, who knows if it can regain it's momentum.

Just another way for Glee to piss off the Kurtsies.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/5/2013, 12:21 pm

Somehow, none of this surprises me at all. The show has been heavily promoting Lea, Naya and Darren as singers (since all three have recording projects in some stage of development) so I'm not at all surprised that if they were only going to promote one version of BHH, it would be Lea's. It totally sucks for Chris and his fans, because it just gives his detractors anoher reason to argue that he shouldn't get songs since they don't sell, but when he's hamstrung by 1) not getting current songs to perform and 2) no serious promotion, it's not reasonable to argue that he's not selling just because people don't like his performances. I'll bet that outside of the on-line fandom, most of the GA who buy downloads won't have any real clue that he's got a big vocal performance this episode until they actually see it air.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/5/2013, 12:25 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I was looking at the Glee Forum, and they have an explanation as to why Rachel's version of Bring Him Home is suddenly doing much better than Kurt's version. Girl On Fire is a featured release on iTunes, and when you click on it, it brings up a list of all the songs in the episode, but not Kurt's Bring Him Home. All of the other songs have taken huge jumps, except Kurt's Bring Him Home, because of this.

Take a look at the last rankings posted there before Hung Up and Rachel's Bring Him Home overtook Kurt's Bring Him Home:

377. Girl On Fire
628. Don't Stop Me Now
629. Make No Mistake (She's Mine)
647. Diva
755. Nutbush City Limits
912. Bring Him Home (Rachel)
927. Bring Him Home (Kurt)
1014. Hung Up

And this is the most recent ratings posted:
187. Girl On Fire
272. Don't Stop Me Now
276. Diva
280. Make No Mistake (She's Mine)
325. Bring Him Home (Rachel)
329. Nutbush City Limits
354. Hung Up
890. Bring Him Home (Kurt)

Everything but Kurt's version has gone up hundreds of places overnight! I hope this is because someone screwed up and not because they are pushing Rachel's version over Kurt's.

The thing that sucks about it is that there could be a lot of people who would only buy one version of Bring Him Home, and they couldn't have been given the choice to pick the one they wanted. But instead, the only option that was promoted with the rest of the songs from the episode was Rachel's version. Even if they add it in there, who knows if it can regain it's momentum.

Just another way for Glee to piss off the Kurtsies.

Why am I not surprised? Evil or Very Mad I hate this show and all the people involved with the song promotion are idiots. They probably won't add it at all.
I hope after the episode airs and people hear Kurt's version they will go and buy it. I don't care if Lea's version sells more but I'm mad about 'Nutbush City Limits' and 'Hung Up'. These two are boring and a waste of money.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/5/2013, 12:41 pm

First welcome Bluejazz Smile. Second, I'm so glad people are receiving Chris's version so well, also I was afraid that Les Mis fans wouldn't like it, but it was the opposite. He's been praised for it. In addition, I'm glad for it, because I'm not sure if many people appreciate Broadway songs.

And third, I've seen how proud are Santana/Naya for their songs, so it won't be a surprise for me if they sells well, though personally I don't like Nutbush in the city limits. I'm not sure about the others.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 1:31 pm

Well, that's just swell. Because of some screw up (deliberate or accidental) we get this mess. :angry:

It wouldn't matter much to me if this was just a song, but with the implications of this song in the narrative and Kurt not singing much anyway this sucks big time. :(

Is there a way to notify iTunes about this? If some of us could get a message to them somehow..... but the damage is probably done already. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/5/2013, 1:36 pm

It's really annoying. They use Chris' face to promote Glee because they know he'll sell their crappy show, but they will not promote his solos in iTunes? It seems too convenient...not. I'm in a crappy mood anyway and adding these small "accidents" isn't doing any uplifting.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 1:38 pm

We can contact TPTB about Kurt's song not being promoted here: GleetheMusic and twitter.
Also tweet @alxanders and @adamanders

Please several of you: do contact them ( I can't do it right now, I'm working).
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2013, 1:49 pm

Glorfindel wrote:We can contact TPTB about Kurt's song not being promoted here: GleetheMusic and twitter.
Also tweet @alxanders and @adamanders

Please several of you: do contact them ( I can't do it right now, I'm working).
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I would add Ryan, Brad, and Dante to this as well.

I probably wouldn't bother with the Anders brothers, since they weren't too thrilled when people were tweeting more songs for Kurt to them last year. I don't know how much they have to do with this type of thing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2013, 1:51 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:It's really annoying. They use Chris' face to promote Glee because they know he'll sell their crappy show, but they will not promote his solos in iTunes? It seems too convenient...not. I'm in a crappy mood anyway and adding these small "accidents" isn't doing any uplifting.

I'm really hoping that the mistake was on iTunes--that some grunt didn't realize there were two versions of the song.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 2:00 pm

copy-paste from bhh-itunes-rescue #39;s tumblr:

Chris’s solo version of Bring Him Home is the only song excluded from iTunes’s list of songs from the episode. The only people who are buying the song are people who know to search for it separately. Casual Glee fans who don’t see the spoilers or the song pre-releases won’t even know about the song until the episode airs, and even then they might just assume it isn’t up on iTunes at all when they see the list. Chris’s solo is currently several hundreds of spots below every other Diva episode song on the iTunes charts.

iTunes has been notified of the error, but it might take 48 hours or more to fix, if they fix it at all.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Send very polite tweets to Ryan, GleetheMusic, GleeonFox, and other Glee showrunners to let them know iTunes made this mistake.
Send a polite request to iTunes via their store support to resolve it before the episode airs. If more people point to it as a problem, they may make it more of a priority. Maybe not, but it’s worth trying.
Buy the song if you can!

Let’s do this, guys!
source

P.S.: The KHAT and p_f are on this too, so we make a chance of changing this around.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/5/2013, 2:28 pm

I posted a comment on the actual page, mentioning that Chris' version was left out, and encouraging people not to miss out on it.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/5/2013, 2:30 pm

How can they make such a stupid mistake? FOX and RIB should get involved and fix this. It's not just unfair but it probably costs them a lot of money from all the missed potential sales. Itunes Canada is worse. They have all the other song in their store except Chris' solo.

Also, for those who aren’t aware, Chris’ version of Bring Him Home ISN’T EVEN AVAILABLE FOR SALE on Canadian iTunes.

Reblogging myself to add this : The song is not in the Canadian store. Every other songs is… Can we do something?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2013, 3:19 pm

Wow. This is pathetic! I'll do some tweeting when I get home from work tonight, if it's not resolved.

Not only does it put Chris' version at a huge disadvantage, it also takes away the opportunity for people to experience the brilliance of Chris' rendition.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/5/2013, 3:44 pm

Apparently this is an Itunes screw up and not a plan by TPTB to steer all BHH sales to Lea (though the conspiracy theorist in me isn't 100% convinced). And the damage is pretty far reaching. Not only is Chris left off the list on US Itunes, but his song isn't available in Canada. So there's a huge chunk of sales that are being artificially cut here.

My guess is that someone at Itunes didn't see that there were two seperate artists doing the same song, but still... why did it have to be Chris's version that gets left out?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/5/2013, 3:57 pm

Because Chris sings so rarely they probably forgot he was part at Glee, over at ITunes.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/5/2013, 4:00 pm

This is downright Disgusting!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/5/2013, 4:10 pm

I got episode 15, which I just shot and I didn't know I was in until I got a call Monday night and I was filming on a Tuesday morning. I did three word-heavy scenes and I'm not used to working like that.

I filmed last week a lot with Lea and Naya, and Chris. I get on really well with them, and also Dean, who plays Brody.

From Oliver's Billboard Interview. I posted the whole interview in the General Glee Discussion Thread. He's great I hope they keep him around for more than 3 episodes.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 5:42 pm

WE DID IT !!!! hola

Kurt's version is included in the list on iTunes: link.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 35 Itunes-05022013-2_zps2b503d33

His version is slowly climbing up the ranks again. neutre

143. Girl On Fire
186. Don't Stop Me Now
224. Diva
230. Make No Mistake (She's Mine)
235. Bring Him Home (Rachel)
267. Nutbush City Limits
275. Hung Up
682. Bring Him Home (Kurt)

Thanks everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone check if it is available in Canada now as well?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/5/2013, 6:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:WE DID IT !!!! hola

Kurt's version is included in the list on iTunes: link.
That was fast! I'm so relieved! bounce
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/5/2013, 6:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

I checked it's not available yet :(

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/5/2013, 7:10 pm

even if it's on the damage is done. sigh...

ok about the spoilers mentioned in oliver's interview, here's what I think:
i think episode 15 where he shot w/ naya and lea are the bar scene. i believe there will be a naya/lea duet or something and maybe it's also a group number (more likely be a duet if you know how the song distribution on this show goes). so it's likely kurt and adam will go there to "watch".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 7:18 pm

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I checked it's not available yet :(
Please keep tweeting!

And can someone put this on tumblr as well? This mission is not over yet! bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2013, 7:42 pm

I am so proud to be part of a fandom that politely and persistently tweeted and sent messages out to get the word out about the Kurt version not being on the list of songs or the episodes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2013, 7:48 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I am so proud to be part of a fandom that politely and persistently tweeted and sent messages out to get the word out about the Kurt version not being on the list of songs or the episodes.

Me too, but we still have to get the Canadian iTunes mistake fixed!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next