Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

+37
coxfire
Adamina
bayth
Buenos
Vir Cotto
msjoanlucette
fountain
Ces
ecka
Sani
MoviesAreLife
dap1217
valkeakuulas
crazypumpkin
indiaskye
Piciollina
arina
opals
Catt24
CloveGlee
Delight
tanita_mors
fantastica
Ranwing
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
M&M
brisallie
Divalicious
zuppid
Jellyrolls
ColferGirl
MissSoniaPP
sheny
41 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 10:29 am

GOBr are Klaine fans, I believe. Maybe that's why they answer so many Klaine questions. Or maybe the Klainers just flood there ask box and drown out the Kurt questions. dryy

Blegh, I've had enough of these spoilers. "Too perfect", my ass.
Please, please, please let Klaine not have Klex (vomit2) in that hotel room.

I don't understand the whole hotel setting. I can understand that a wedding is at a hotel, but why does everyone have to stay the night? Is the wedding not in Lima and does everyone has to stay in a hotel because of that?
Who made this hotel room arrangement anyway? Was it Wemma, not knowing who's dating who of the kids? Or did Kurt and Blaine (and Rachel and Finn) make the reservations themselves? Or maybe just Blaine (and Finn), hopefull to score that night? Or were it Kurt and Rachel, because they flew in from New York?
As Sue would say: "That doesn't make any sense." quesako

But it's Glee. beam
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  CloveGlee 1/23/2013, 10:31 am

I am sorry to say that when I saw the synopsis about Kurt and Rachel's sing-off my first reaction was to assume that Rachel will win this sing-off and Kurt will have another crushing blow to teach him how to be more resilient.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ecka 1/23/2013, 10:38 am

sheny wrote:
I know we Klainers already know A LOT about Klaine’s plot in 14. Is there still stuff we don’t know? Stuff u think we’ll like?
@tirpse_ yes, still things you dont know

Things seem too perfect for Klaine (not that we’re complaining!). Is there a catch?
@21_courage its glee

Why all Kurt related spoilers involve Blaine? Is it because people don't ask question about him or GOBr doesn't want to answer them.
No, you should read GOB's Q&A. They said they are confirming the Klaine stuff because Ryan already spoiled it, but they are refusing to give any details for the episode (not just for Kurt, but all the characters) that Ryan or Brad haven't already given hints for.
ecka
ecka
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 10:42 am

^Ryan is ruining his show even further with these stupid spoilers he's putting out. dryy

CloveGlee wrote:I am sorry to say that when I saw the synopsis about Kurt and Rachel's sing-off my first reaction was to assume that Rachel will win this sing-off and Kurt will have another crushing blow to teach him how to be more resilient.
Quite possible.

At the moment I don't know if I prefer Kurt winning or Rachel winning, with all the wank that will arise again in the fandom. unsure
I keep praying that Hummelberry both decide that the competition isn't worth their friendship, and give the upperclassmen the finger before going on the town to buy scarfs and shoes. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 10:45 am

ohmy Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy:

Concerned that New Directions doesn’t have the killer instinct it will take to win at Regionals, Finn gives the gleeks an assignment meant to bring out their competitive spirit and harness their inner divas. In New York, Rachel basks in the glow of her recent triumph at the NYADA Winter Showcase, but her increasingly narcissistic behavior soon becomes too much for Kurt to suffer in silence. Fed up, Kurt decides to try and take Rachel down a few pegs; he challenges her to a sing-off, the results of which could have dire social consequences for the loser. Meanwhile, Tina’s infatuation with Blaine reaches a tipping point, forcing each of them to make realizations; Santana’s return to Lima creates problems for Sam and Brittany, and prompts a job offer.
Gleezone - 4x13
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/23/2013, 10:54 am

Glorfindel wrote: ohmy Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy:

Concerned that New Directions doesn’t have the killer instinct it will take to win at Regionals, Finn gives the gleeks an assignment meant to bring out their competitive spirit and harness their inner divas. In New York, Rachel basks in the glow of her recent triumph at the NYADA Winter Showcase, but her increasingly narcissistic behavior soon becomes too much for Kurt to suffer in silence. Fed up, Kurt decides to try and take Rachel down a few pegs; he challenges her to a sing-off, the results of which could have dire social consequences for the loser. Meanwhile, Tina’s infatuation with Blaine reaches a tipping point, forcing each of them to make realizations; Santana’s return to Lima creates problems for Sam and Brittany, and prompts a job offer.
Gleezone - 4x13
Shocked
This won't end up well! And I do think Kurt is going to win te sing-off this time.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2013, 11:03 am

Gleezone - 4x13

Kurt challenges Rachel? So does this mean that Kurt loses and goes running to the misfit Adam's Apples because he can't compete with the NYADA queen? Or is this the episode without Adam? I can't keep track of the spoilers anymore. We need a scorecard or something Wink

So, Tina is crushing on Blaine for two episodes? And Blaine is crushing on Sam for two episodes? I wonder what Tina's realization will be. I hope Blaine's realization is that he really is bi or straight afterall (OK, so I know that won't be it but I can dream right). I am so sick and tired of everyone having to love admire and put Blaine up on a pedestal. He's worse than Rachel.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 1/23/2013, 11:06 am

Somehow I suspect that the Blam crush will not end with Sam screaming at Blaine about his faggy lamp and his faggy bed furnishings while audience members scream from the sidelines that Blaine is a dangerous stalker who must be crushed repeatedly to smithereens by multiple people for the crime of crushing on a straight boy.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/23/2013, 11:21 am

CloveGlee wrote:I am sorry to say that when I saw the synopsis about Kurt and Rachel's sing-off my first reaction was to assume that Rachel will win this sing-off and Kurt will have another crushing blow to teach him how to be more resilient.
Naturally. Kurt will of course be right, but he will lose and Rachel won't be able to enjoy her victory because she realizes for the 5465454 time the same lesson over and over. I want them bitchy, but FUN. Screw NYADA and singing and boyfriends - lets have "crazy breaking-into-wicked-theater" HummelBerry. Nothing else will do.

Again, just how much more detail about the hotel do the Klainers really need. I wish someone would shut that GOB account for good, because they are spoiling too much.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/23/2013, 11:23 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

Gleezone - 4x13

Kurt challenges Rachel? So does this mean that Kurt loses and goes running to the misfit Adam's Apples because he can't compete with the NYADA queen? Or is this the episode without Adam? I can't keep track of the spoilers anymore. We need a scorecard or something Wink

So, Tina is crushing on Blaine for two episodes? And Blaine is crushing on Sam for two episodes? I wonder what Tina's realization will be. I hope Blaine's realization is that he really is bi or straight afterall (OK, so I know that won't be it but I can dream right). I am so sick and tired of everyone having to love admire and put Blaine up on a pedestal. He's worse than Rachel.

Tina will realize she still has feelings for Mike and Blaine will remember that Kurt is the love of his life, something he probably forget during the episodes he crushes on Sam. I can't believe these stupid crushes will continue that long.

I hope Kurt wins. Rachel is the one who should learn a lesson for her narcissistic behavior, it will be illogical if she wins the sing-off. But this is Glee and she always wins so I'm ready for disappointment.

Last edited by sheny on 1/24/2013, 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/23/2013, 11:26 am

CloveGlee wrote:Somehow I suspect that the Blam crush will not end with Sam screaming at Blaine about his faggy lamp and his faggy bed furnishings while audience members scream from the sidelines that Blaine is a dangerous stalker who must be crushed repeatedly to smithereens by multiple people for the crime of crushing on a straight boy.
No it won't. Partially because Blaine is the Golden Gay Guy - EVERYBODY want's a piece of that fine ass (i think I threw up a little in my mouth after writing this vomit2 ), and partially because Sam was OK with Kurt's rather apparent interest in him back in Duets - he didn't exactly display outright fear and homophobia like Finn. But as for stalker bit - you are totally right - nobody is going to mention it, even though this situation is equally as awkward because they are BROS
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2013, 11:32 am

CloveGlee wrote:Somehow I suspect that the Blam crush will not end with Sam screaming at Blaine about his faggy lamp and his faggy bed furnishings while audience members scream from the sidelines that Blaine is a dangerous stalker who must be crushed repeatedly to smithereens by multiple people for the crime of crushing on a straight boy.

You need to drink the kool aid, Claire. Blaine is perfect. Him crushing on you is flattering--a real honor--whether you are boy, girl, dog, turtle, or alien.

The more I think of it the more I don't think that I'd mind too much if Rachel wins the sing off and Kurt goes off to the Apples. Rachel needs to win because Rachel needs to be to be noticed, and popular, and the center of attention. For Kurt, it's more about finding a place where he feels comfortable and belongs. For Kurt, it's about getting his moments in the spotlight, but not monopolizing that spotlight. Someone like Kurt wouldn't look at the Apples as being social misfits--he would embrace their uniqueness and admire them for being who they are and not what the world expects them to be. I just think back to Thanksgiving, and remember it was Rachel and Brody who stuck out a sore thumb at the kiki--Kurt fit right in.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/23/2013, 11:40 am

Glorfindel wrote:Before we start burning Rachel on a stake, let's wait for the context. It could be nothing more than a badly worded rivalry for the upperclassmen at NYADA, as the spoilers have said, and we don't even know the outcome of that. We also don't know yet if Rachel lets Brody and/or Santana move in without Kurt's consent.
It could be nothing more than Rachel saying something negative about Adam and the Apples, and Kurt telling her that that is easy to say when you're NYADA elite, but he stands by his new friends, and in the end Rachel meets them and is fine with it. Somehow I doubt that Hummelberry will fight again and not speak to one another, like they used to, although I fear it as this is Glee. But these 2 have come a long way together, let's not forget that.

I agree that we need to see just what Rachel is doing before judging anything, but going by Rachel's past behavior, I can easily see her reverting back to her thoughless, careless attitude when she wants what she wants without considering how it affects those around her or what the consequences might be. It's a deeply ingrained trait in Rachel (and I don't think it's so much a case of the writers not having original ideas as just that this is something basic at the core of Rachel's personality that pops up every now and then). And she is impulsive, often acting without really thinking. I can very easily seeing her, as a spur of the moment impulse, decide to invite Brody to move in with them without even considering that she should run the idea by Kurt before bringing it up with Brody. I have a feeling that by the time Kurt finds out that she invited Brody to move it, it'll be as the moment that Brody comes strolling out of Rachel's sleeping area in his birthday suit.

The two of them have come a long way, which is why Kurt is able to tell Rachel that her behavior upsets him (and I'll dare you find one set of really close friends where they don't tell one another if they do something wrong) without writing off their friendship. He knows where Rachel's behaviors come from, expects her to lose her head up her own backside every now and then, and is comfortable enough to call her out on it when he thinks she's gone too far. That's the sign of a real friendship. What I'm really curious about is what happens on the chance that Kurt actually does beat her out in this diva off. Kurt has never beaten Rachel for anything. Ever. I want to see Rachel mature enough to handle it because Kurt has always been able to credit Rachel for her accomplishments when she beat him out. If she can do the same, then this is a friendship that really has the legs to last.

And Kurt is not the easiest roommate either, I'd imagine. His homelife actions with Burt, Carole and Finn showed enough of him being meticulous and fussy, that's why he fits so well with Rachel, as she is the same way.

In my headcannon, Kurt pretty much took over running the house and making a lot of decisions after the death of his mother and it was just him and Burt (because Burt is not a housework type). If that dynamic had remained up until the time Kurt went to NY, I'd agree with you. But he's already had to manage the change in dynamics with Finn and Carol moving in. Even if Carol let Kurt have the free hand in decorating the living areas of the house, he was clearly taking the preferences of his family into account. The living room looked warm and inviting. He was able to handle having Sam moving in to their house without drama. Rachel is the girl that panicked at the thought of Finn using her personal bathroom. I suppose being willing to invite Brody to stay with them is a step in the right direction for her, but like anything else, it happens on her terms.

Kurt and Rachel have an unusual living space where there is very little real privacy. At his family home, if Kurt had enough of Finn and Sam for example, he could go to his own room and close the door for privacy. He didn't have to hear every single thing they did. He was allowed to have real personal space. In an open loft where he's got basically a curtain to seperate his sleeping space from the rest of the loft, his sense of privacy depends on his roommate respecting his boundries. In this kind of setting, bringing another person into the loft needs to be done very carefully and Brody parading around naked clearly showed that he's not taking Kurt's sensabilities into consideration at all. And this is Rachel's responsibility to handle.

The few times when I've had roommates, we had to establish very clear rules to avoid just these kinds of conflicts. We had to make clear who was responsible for what chores, how grocery shopping would be handled, when rent money was expected by all parties, etc. We also had to have real rules about conduct. Going undressed in the common areas was a big no no. As was just inviting our boyfriends (or girlfriends) to stay for extended periods (more than a weekend), that had to be discussed. And they have to check their lease because some landlords will stipulate how many unrelated people can live in an apartment or house at one time. If they signed a lease that it would just be the two of them, and then Brody moves in, that would put them in violation of their lease and the landlord could have grounds to evict them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 11:47 am

At this point I don't even care who wins or loses anymore. Or who crushes on who and how that is received. These spoilers could paint things much worse than they will be, but as this is Glee it could turn out even worse. I agree that GOBr just needs to stop spoiling so much (and Ryan and co. too!).
(I wish I could quit reading spoilers.)
Bottom line is that the Glee writers suck and this stupid shit is all they can come up with. I will try to just enjoy the Kurt pretty and the Kurt songs. (And isn't it nice that the first Hummelberry duet in a season and a half will be them having another diva-off?) :angry:

I just cringe at the possible new round of fandom wank between Rachel and Kurt fans, and oh joy, the Klaine fandom fandumb (thank you tumblr for that nickname).
I'm just so sick and tired of it all. :(

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_mb49i8HifO1rneryto1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/23/2013, 11:54 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Regina-The-Evil-QUeen-the-evil-queen-regina-mills-28149891-245-245
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/23/2013, 11:56 am

RYAN MURPHY TO ALL THE FANS OF GLEE :

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_m5czkgPLOP1rotwao
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 1/23/2013, 12:04 pm

I can't help wondering if this is some kind of callback to Defying Gravity. Kurt would have beaten Rachel if he hadn't thrown that note. I mean, the song is Bring Him Home, which is all about expressing emotion. That's Kurt's undisputed strength, and everyone knows it, even Carmen and RIB. Maybe Kurt suggests the song, and Rachel agrees because she believes she's so amazing that she can sing anything. Kurt promptly kicks her ass, and Rachel learns her lesson. Only this one is different than the 9 million other very special lessons she had to learn: it's not about getting along with others, or not being a solo hog, or being properly subservient to your idiot boyfriend; no, this one is about losing to someone who's better than you at something (expressing emotion through song). That's something Rachel's never dealt with before. In the past, if she lost, it was because someone was being a meany pants to her, and it was soon set right. This time, if she loses it's because Kurt's just better at her in this one particular thing.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 12:09 pm

^I just wrote about this being a repeat of 'Defying Gravity' on another site.
(BTW: your avatar has the most adorable kittens.)

Here's what I wrote:
This doesn't make any sense at all. Kurt went to support Rachel at the Winter Showcase when he just was cruelly rejected for NYADA by Carmen. Why would he begrudge her this success now, a month later, when he himself got in as well (and under stressful circumstances that should give him some positive buzz at the school)? And Rachel was supportive and so proud of Kurt when Carmen put him on the spot.
The moment Kurt and Rachel finally get to go to NYADA together (a school where Kurt should theoretically not compete for the same songs/roles as Rachel anymore), something they both wanted (to go together!) for 1 1/2 seasons, they make them rivals again. :angry:

They could have had so many storylines with Hummelberry in New York and NYADA, but they decide on repeating the same old shit they did before. It is almost a carbon copy of 'Defying Gravity', only perhaps with another outcome. And no matter what the outcome, there will be wank. I don't even know what outcome I prefer, tbh. unsure
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! antifana
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/23/2013, 12:47 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I just wrote about this being a repeat of 'Defying Gravity' on another site.
(BTW: your avatar has the most adorable kittens.)

Here's what I wrote:
This doesn't make any sense at all. Kurt went to support Rachel at the Winter Showcase when he just was cruelly rejected for NYADA by Carmen. Why would he begrudge her this success now, a month later, when he himself got in as well (and under stressful circumstances that should give him some positive buzz at the school)? And Rachel was supportive and so proud of Kurt when Carmen put him on the spot.
The moment Kurt and Rachel finally get to go to NYADA together (a school where Kurt should theoretically not compete for the same songs/roles as Rachel anymore), something they both wanted (to go together!) for 1 1/2 seasons, they make them rivals again. :angry:

They could have had so many storylines with Hummelberry in New York and NYADA, but they decide on repeating the same old shit they did before. It is almost a carbon copy of 'Defying Gravity', only perhaps with another outcome. And no matter what the outcome, there will be wank. I don't even know what outcome I prefer, tbh. unsure
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! antifana

But that's just it - based on the spoilers we have, Kurt's not begrudging her the victory at the showcase, but how she's acting about it after the fact. I don't agree that arrogance can always be seen positively as just ambition, self-confidence, and drive. Arrogance, most often, is when you stick up your nose and truly think you're better than other people in a demeaning, disrespectful way and believe you deserve more than them. If Rachel starts acting like the other students at NYADA should bow at her feet, or give up things for her because they "belong" to her (like she expected of Tina and the West Side Story solo, waaaay back in S1. Can you imagine Rachel demanding roles and solos from NYADA professors?), if she starts saying cruel things about others she doesn't deem as talented or suitable, then yes, she's being an arrogant b**** and needs to be told so. It's one thing to be happy and proud of your success. But to rub it in others faces, or act like you're the NYADA Queen because of them, isn't okay. I think that will be the conflict here, not that she won, but how she's reacting now that she has. (Of course, without full context of the episode, it's impossible to tell yet how much of an arrogant diva-tude she's actually having).

I also agree that this will be a parallel of Defying Gravity. But last time, Defying Gravity was a competition where the "better singer" for sure won, regardless that it was their friends voting. And yes, Kurt would have won if he hadn't thrown the note, but Rachel still did. It would be lovely if the NYADA students actually voted Kurt as best singer in this diva-off, but I have a hard time believing the writers would finally let Kurt win on his talent alone - they don't want Rachel to ever appear as the lesser singer. But if it is the NYADA students voting which determines who wins, I have a feeling that Rachel's arrogant attitude would seriously lose her votes. Kurt, who is more accepting and presumably friendly and a better team-player, would be the more popular choice. That way the writers can have their cake - keeping Hummelberry evenly matched, singing wise - and eat it too, by still telling their "moral lesson of the episode" with having the tie be broken through Kurt's good attitude and relationships with others being rewarded. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong and just have Kurt's beautiful singing voice and emotional ability acknowledged as superior, for once).

There's also the possibility that, if Kurt is getting very close to Adam and the Apples by this point, that Rachel saying something cruel about them is what sets him off. We know Adam is in the episode, so it's possible.

But I still wish the conflict was something about them being roomates, something funny and light-hearted, as opposed to NYADA drama. Not that the writers want to give us Good Things. I'm looking forward to the storyline either way, and I don't care if it starts another Kurt vs. Rachel war. No matter how much of a diva Rachel may act in the episode, I'll still like her, and still love Hummelberry. Same if the writers make Kurt too saintly (though there is literally nothing the writers could make Kurt do that would make me stop loving him). The people who completely, viciously turn on whichever character didn't really like them anyway - their like was conditional. *shrugs* Besides, that's why we have this forum, where all Kurtsies feel safe to say whatever they want, respectfully, among people who love Kurt. neutre

Last edited by ColferGirl on 1/23/2013, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/23/2013, 12:51 pm

The thing is, I don't believe that Kurt is begrudging Rachel her success at all. It's her attitude brought on by that success. Kurt deeply respects Rachel's talent and readily acknowledges that if anyone is ever going to be a star, it would be Rachel. But that doesn't mean that he gives Rachel license to act like a douche to others. If Rachel is swanning around NYADA and looking down her nose at other students, I can see that upsetting Kurt. Rachel is many things, including thoughlessly cruel at times, but she's never deliberately cruel. She doesn't go out of her way to belittle others. She might be mindlessly dismissive, or say something off the cuff that might be hurtful without meaning it to be so, but to be willing to mock others and expect to be regarded like some kind of queen? That was the behavior of Quinn back in season one.

It might just be that showing Rachel that she's not an insurmountable talent, that there are others who are better than her in some ways (and emotional singing is the one area where Kurt has her beat by miles) is the only way Kurt has of getting through to Rachel. That she needs to stop listening to Brody so much (because I still believe that he's using Rachel for his own ends) and start thinking about how she's coming across to others.

I'm figuring that the diva off is going to build up over the next few episodes as Rachel's behavior escalates. It may start off with her inviting Brody to move in without asking Kurt first (and there will clearly be come conflict on that end) and increasing if Rachel starts playing the role of Queen of NYADA.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2013, 1:17 pm

The problem with Rachel behaving like a queen at NYADA because she won the Showcase is imo that Rachel should have moved beyond that now. They are letting Rachel make the same old mistakes, just so they can put her down and teach her the same old lesson, as this is the only f*cking thing they can come up with for Rachel besides boyfriend drama. Beat the ambitious girl down when she gets a big head. Had this been a guy the word arrogance would never have come up on Glee.
Like Kurt Rachel is growing up, has learned this lesson over and over again, and should progress into a better person, and let that progression stick.
Would we, as Kurtsies, like a regression in character and development like that for Kurt?

Sure Rachel could be a bitch about this a month later, but at the Showcase, when she was just lauded and applauded, and stole the moment by being allowed to sing an encore, she had no trouble at all to give Kurt his moment in the spotlight too. Theoretically, if Rachel is still the selfish and arrogant bitch she was before (if she ever was), she would have been angry that her big triumphant moment at NYADA was rivaled and even equaled by the feat of a non-student being challenged to sing unprepared and still succeeding succesfully, getting a standing ovation from the tough Showcase audience and madame Tibideaux herself.
But Rachel was nothing but proud and happy for Kurt then. If she acted out the diva attitude after the Showcase, this still lingering character trait should have become visible then already, but it didn't, nor when Kurt was admitted and she flung herself around his neck.

Hate Rachel all you want (I do too at times), but this flip-flopping back and forth in her character development is giving me whiplash. Same goes for Kurt btw. He should know better by now to challenge Rachel for a diva-off. It is as arrogant of him as it is of her, thinking he can settle the score and beat her like that. He's done that before and it never ended well, why should he think he can do it now?
All of this regressing of their characters is stupid. And what for? The drama of a diva-off. Evil or Very Mad

The only saving grace for this storyline will be if it is all played for pure comedy. But as usual with Glee, there has gone so much wrong in the canon history that even comedic storylines have old and bitter roots and connections, and it only adds new insults to old injuries.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/23/2013, 1:48 pm

I don't quite agree that the male characters never get called out for their negative behavior (unless their initials are BA). And I don't agree that Rachel is being beaten up on when her ego gets the better of her. This is a long-standing, deeply rooted character trait in her, so I'm not surprised that it comes up at least once per season. Rachel does lose her head up her own backside sometimes, and it doesn't help that she's got Brody blowing a continuous steam of smoke up her ass about how absolutely amazing she is. I agree that she should be past this kind of need for constant ego gratification, but I'm not surprised that she isn't. And I don't hate her for it. It makes her interesting. This is as much a part of her character as any of Kurt's less desirable traits.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Rachel is an awful person who never does anything right. She can be very generous, especially if she is doing well and doesn't feel as if she's being put upon. Sharing that moment at Showcase with Kurt was Rachel at her absolute best. But that tendancy to backslide into her less admirable qualities is there and like any bad habit, it needs to be guarded against. And when she's got someone close to her that feeds into her worst tendencies (like Jesse did with the Nationals auditions when he was going to throw them in her favor, or Brody likely in this case), she easily loses herself.

My issues with how successful Rachel has been is primarily because it's so outlandish and unreasonable and at times unearned, but never because I don't believe that in the end she should be successful (or that I hate her). But Rachel does sometimes become a total bitch and if this is one of those cases where she lets her successes get the better of her, then she needs to be reined in. Being successful doesn't mean she has to become a monster, and she would hardly be the first person to gain a swelled head after doing well at something. There are plenty of succesful people who aren't arrogant tools. I don't think this is a mysoganistic element where Rachel is put down because she's a female.

As for Kurt's place in all this, I wouldn't mind seeing things equalized somewhat between them, that Kurt will finally in canon be allowed to be a peer to Rachel in regards to his abilities. The diva off doesn't have to be huge emotional drama, but it can be a wake up call to Rachel. That one day she can be flying high and the next one, crashing down to earth because someone else can actually beat her out for something she wants. Rachel always wanted both success and love and Kurt is likely one of the very few people in the world who can remind her that she doesn't need to let her desire for one completely stampede the other. This was Rachel's first real taste of what professional success outside of high school and I'm not surprised that she's letting it go to her head now that it's sinking in. It doesn't help that she's apparently suffering no real consequences for her behavior in dance class and has become Ms. Tibideaux's pet. That would certainly make anyone think that their sh*t doesn't stink. While I would personally rather have an unbiased individial (a respected and not insane teacher at NYADA) judge Rachel lacking and knock her ego back, I can see the rational of using Kurt to do the job. Rachel is easily dismissive of those who she doesn't like or respect (which is why nothing Cassandra did got through to her beyond humiliating her in class). Kurt is one of the few people that Rachel does genuinely not only love, but respect as well. She can't just ignore him.

And honestly, I would love to see Kurt finally have the upper hand with things. I am a Kurt stan at heart and while I like Hummelberry, I hated to see Kurt always having to be the better person. He never once told Rachel when she was going on about what was happening at NYADA that he didn't want to hear gossip from the school that rejected him. After being rudely dismissed by Ms. Tibideaux, he didn't take it out on Rachel by not wanting to go support her at Showcase, and cheered her on even though he was yet again swallowing a bitter defeat. Kurt supported Rachel at NYADA each and every time his own aspirations were denied. Rachel's real evidence of maturity is that she can be happy for Kurt succeeding when she's the one smarting over being defeated for something.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/23/2013, 6:21 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_mh3ki7qOe21rk63wco1_r2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/23/2013, 6:31 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_mh3ki7qOe21rk63wco1_r2_1280

Just a good reminder of whatever they'll throw at Kurt this beautiful creature awaits us for at least few minutes per episode.

PS. Sheny I ment to Thank You already at the Icon thread but this just tops it, thanks so much for finding these jems and bringing them here. I'm too tired to search my bookmarks and can just enjoy these here. Mwaah!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 1/23/2013, 8:13 pm

Gosh he's just wearing a sweatshirt but he even makes that so damn attractive wub wub

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next