Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread

4 posters

Go down

2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/7/2013, 8:48 pm

Episode description from DVD:

When the club tries to convince Mr. Schuester to let them do Britney Spears music, we learn of club member Brittany's own issues with her more famous namesake. Meanwhile, Will and the club are introduced to Emma's new beau, dentist Carl Howell (John Stamos), whose attempts at improving the kids' dental well-being leads to a host of Britney Spears-inspired musical hallucinations. Britney Spears and John Stamos guest star.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/7/2013, 9:35 pm

Christopher Cross--He discovered America. Silly Brittany, but Finn agrees.

I like the song "Sailing" and the theme song to Arthur (if you get caught between the moon and new york city).

I don't like Britney Spears, but Kurt made a good argument for his cause.

Gotta love Emma's pamphlets.

John Stamos is so handsome. I met him a few years back, and he is skinny and shorter than I expected.

Random comment, I really wish that Heather would keep her legs shut when she is sitting in the cheerios outfit.

So funny that they pan over to Kurt's grossed out face when Brittany talks about her dental hygiene. See, no one can express any kind of emotion like Chris.

Heather may not have the greatest voice, and she may not be a good actor, but she is a great daner. She really moves well. I just wish they wouldn't feature her so much on the show.

Fantasizing about the song she would sing at Finn's bedside if he was in a coma? That is so messed up.

You know, as I sit here watching Brittany perform the second of three songs she is on this episode, I have to say that it's really annoying that Kurt didn't get featured on a song in this episode when he was the one who was fighting for Britney week. All's we get is Kurt sitting on the bar watching Brittany and Santana.

I love Kurt's little outburst against Mr. Schue. I miss sassy snarky Kurt.

The guy backup dancers are during "Hit Me Baby One More Time" are like the poor man's Warblers with their outfits. Decent performance by Lea on this one, but not one of my favorites.

Jewfro's expression when Finn and Rachel are talking is hysterical.

Will should not be driving. He doesn't keep his eyes on the road, and he doesn't wear a seatbelt.

They should have sent Kurt and Finn to the dentist so they could have had a Britney fantasy together.

Jewfro naked is just too gross and creepy. And the butt sweat stain is just disgusting.

Ranch dressing is good on pizza. My cousins in Arizona turned me on to that.

I think Artie's solo was probably my favorite of the songs this week. I really do enjoy Kevin's voice, and his performances are usually visually appealling despite the restrictions of the wheelchair.

Artie's description of nitrous oxide is true. When I got it at the dentist when I was a kid, I had hallucinations of the dentist and the hygenist as cartoon characters mooning me every time.

The best part of hearing Will tell the kids they could do Britney was Kurt's reaction Smile

Rachel looks so tiny compared to Finn any time, but she looks even worse when he is dressed in his football pads.

Jewfro is so creepy during toxic.

Uh oh. Emma took a step back. Her green and red grapes are seperated.

There is the forced Rachel/Quinn relationship. Quinn wouldn't have done that for Rachel.

"The Only Exception" is a pretty song, but not the type of song I like to hear Lea sing.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x2 "Britney/Brittany" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Ranwing 1/7/2013, 11:30 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
I love Kurt's little outburst against Mr. Schue. I miss sassy snarky Kurt.

Better yet, sassy snarky Kurt in a skirt. Something about Kurt wearing that outfit just inspired all kinds of... feelings within me.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/8/2013, 2:33 am

This was the beginning of the absolute over-exposure of Brittney, because she is a sexy dancer. Doesn't matter about the acting, we can autotune the singing.

Pissed me off how single-minded Schue was about refusing Kurt's wishes, until it became about showing himself off to Emma. Plus Kurt not being allowed to sing. Started a pattern, Kurt pushes for WSS and gets squat. A lot of stories on Glee happened because Kurt pushed for it, but he was never allowed to reap what he sowed. I did find it interesting that Kurt was the most masculine person there, and in a skirt, he fought what he found oppressive. Again, if Finn had voiced a positive opinion, Schue would have been all over it. Kurt goes to the principle's office, pathetic Schue. I am glad Burt never fixed your car. You deserve as shoddy a job as you gave Kurt as a teacher, and Burt doesn't do shoddy work.

I know this episode got great ratings, but it was fluff. Biggest issue, Rachel having to be the center of the world, whether it be in the spotlight or the only thing that makes Finn happy.

A pity that shot Carl down the sewer, when he treated Emma so well, and respectfully. Helped her with her issues, and was finally worn down by her desire to give her virginity only to Will. He fit in nicely as a character, singer and dancer.

Please stop trying to give Rachel the sexy school girl look, because it just doesn't work. She can't do the moves and the whole thing was just sad.

The funny thing is I've had nitrous oxide, and didn't notice anything at all, time just seemed to move faster. I was 18 at the time, and I've had it since, no hallucinations. Everyone's body chemistry is different.

Strange that Karofsky got the "why do all the gay guys get the hot chicks" line, I wonder if they had his story planned already.

Jacob's obsession with Rachel was brought to a head here, and kind of destroyed his already annoying character. To this day I think of folding chairs and butt sweat. It isn't a good thing.

Kurt being the sex kitten needed a little more focus in the Brittney/Madonna video.

I kind of like Schue and Terri's chemistry better than Wemma. Too bad they made her character too destructive, because she made Will interesting.

So it took Sue agreeing with Will to make him realize he was in the wrong. Plus that he started using the kids in his pursuit of Emma.

I thought Artie was the only one outside of Kurt, as a boy, who could do Brittney, but found it interesting that they made him stronger because he was a bad boyfriend. Unlike Kurt, who ignored Blaine when he got a new job, Artie ignored Tina for weeks to play a video game. Those are two different things. Funny how the party who caused the issue is the one who gets all the attention in Glee.

Rachel's hug with Finn, she is at his armpit. Hehe.

The first sex riot, and Becky being Sue's stooge. Too bad they didn't silence Jacob during the performance. It was funny when it started, but it lasted too long. The Kurtcedes moment was funny. Sue pulling the alarm actually caused the riot, because the most that was happening was Jacob about to be punched for grabbing that guys butt.

I would like to see Sue's history book, because it is a lot more fascinating than the stuff I learned.

The funny little scene where Finn realizes that he still takes US history, wonder what his grade is. Rachel's insecurity about Finn continues, using Quinn to kind of feel him out. I just don't know why Quinn would do that for him, and why Rachel would value a relationship that she had so little trust in. She is a kid, though.

I liked the Only exception, perhaps because it was a lower key than what she normally does, and I found it a nice change.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/21/2013, 11:31 pm

I barely remember this episode and I just watched it recently. That's how little of an effect it had on me. I can't stand Brittany. Here are things I do remember:
-Heather Morris was really sexy in 'Slave 4 You'.
-Will was more of an ass than usual. Don't you be insulting John Stalin! 
-Santana is drooling over Carl. And we're supposed to believe this chick is lesbian? 
-Kurt in a skirt, and finally calling Will out on his shit. Real men can wear skirts with no shame. 
-Let me get this straight: Santana is a straight up bitch to everybody, Finn beats the shit out of Puck, and everyone else is awful to each other, and they don't get punished, but Kurt does for one outburst? Such bullshit. 
-The blue teeth part was funny. 
-could care less about the Brittany/Santana duet. Naya can't dance all that well, and I don't think she's all that hot. 
-Butt stain. Still gross. 
-Lea looks hot in that outfit. Oops I did it again was awful and doesn't suit her voice. Also, Lea can't dance. 
-Butt stain. Still gross. 
-Stronger was awesome, and I'm loving Britney's random cameos. Kevin can sing literally anything. Shame Glee doesn't use him.
-I'm sensing some homoerotic undertones between Carl and Will. Creepy. 
-Toxic was so inappropriate, but I actually really liked it. I miss Matt Morrisons singing and I have to admit that he's a very attractive and fit man. Jacob and Lauren were hilarious in this scene. 
-Rachel's still a bitch. What a shocker. And since when are her and Quinn friends?
-another angsty Rachel solo? Sure why not?
-The Only Exception is not one of the better Paramore songs, and Leas range isn't low enough for it. 

Overall: 1/5. This episode was pointless fanservice. Not even Kurt could save it.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down