6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
28% 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

4x02 "Britney 2.0" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors on 9/10/2012, 10:45 am

4x02 "Britney 2.0"

Brittany is depressed, and turns to her namesake Britney Spears for inspiration. Rachel continues to struggle in adjusting to life at NYADA and in New York, but gets help from new friend and classmate Brody.

You all know what to do.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x02 "Britney 2.0" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 8:30 pm

90 minutes to show time.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/20/2012, 9:23 pm

30 minutes to 3 seconds of chris. i feel dumb.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/20/2012, 10:03 pm

Three minutes in and I'm already cringing. This music is awful.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 10:26 pm

I actually fell asleep at the beginning of the episode, and started my DVR at about 8 after. I wish I slept longer so I could fast forward over the rest of the performances.

Now, I'm not a Britney Spears fan, so I didn't expect to like the songs, but the performances performances have been pretty boring. The Blaine/Artie duet was horrible. I couldn't stomach womanizer at all.

Kurt and Rachel riding bikes in their apartment is super cute. We need more Hummelberry.

The Tina, Joe, Sam song wasn't a song I particuarly liked, but at least it was an interesting performance.

Marley and Jake song is on now, and it's the best by far so far, although I don't think there voices blend together that well.

The most positive thing I can say about the McKinley group at this point is that I understood almost everything Heather has said so far.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 10:38 pm

Brittany can't sing at the assembly because her voice is too weak from yelling at shrub? Uh no, Brit can't sing because her voice is weak because the actress who portrays her is weak.

OK, so, Rachel is trying to impress her dance teacher with that performance. Don't dancers usually move their feet? It was a good visual performance, and it was interestingly shot, but it was pointless.

Are we going to have people making fun of Marley's mom all season? Seriously? Pointless.

So, Shue calls Puck to fly in from L.A. to talk sense into the brother Puck never knew he had? Where did Puck get the money to fly back from L.A.? Is is pool business that successful already. And Glee is going to solve all Jake's problems? OK. Yeah.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/20/2012, 10:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt and Rachel riding bikes in their apartment is super cute. We need more Hummelberry.

Guess that's the only Kurt we get to enjoy tonight. Oh well. He looked lovely and they were adorable.

And I was right! Ms. Broadway Berry didn't know (and didn't care to know) who her dance teacher is. Brilliant. And then to mouth off to her after that "routine"? Someone needs to loan her some of Lord Tubbington's meds because that girl is now rivaling Brittany for stupid.

The music is really, really bad. The autotune is getting a major workout today.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 10:44 pm

OMG. That Figgy rumor is just so ridiculous and inappropriate for him to say in front of a student assembly.

Oh, let's continue the Glee tradition of inappropriate group assembly performances. Brit's lower ass checks showing? Chord looked really really sexy though. I think he's the only person I like at McKinley right now.

Lip syncing is the equivilent of doping in sports? OK, Shue.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 10:53 pm

Sam to the rescue! Brit has a creepy armpit fetish.

Kurt going to get cake is far more interesting than anything that happened at McKinnley.

They should chance the name of the show to "Everyone Loves Rachel."

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/20/2012, 11:00 pm

I love Cassandra July and want to keep her forever. Can we move her into the loft with Kurt because the snark will be absolutely epic. Dear Gods... what kind of a dunce is Rachel? Cassandra was doing exactly what I thought she was; readying her students for the vicious theater world were being called as sexy as Shrek is hardly the worst thing that Rachel will ever hear being said about her. She's right - Rachel is so far from ready for anything involving professional theater work because the girl cannot take criticism of any kind. She needs to seriously grow up. And fast.

Man, Brody is giving off serious creep vibes. That hint from Cassandra about him going for young ingenues and puting the moves on Rachel even she she made it clear that she still loved Finn? Lovely. And love the Manhattan snob bit - yes Brody, there are trains that acutally go to the other boroughs.

Was happy to see Puck, but Jellyrolls was right - he's flown in just to give Jake a pep talk? This show...

Marley is officially boring. And the less said about the music tonight, the better.
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 11:10 pm

Once upon a time, Puck and Finn had a baby, and they decided to name him Jake. Jake had the best qualities of both Puck and Finn. He had all of Puck's bad boy attitude, and all of Finn's stupidity. Despite it being a club for losers, Jake decides to join Glee because that's what his fathers did.

As Jake walks through the lunch room, he sees that the mean jock boys are picking on the mother of a girl named Rachel Marley in Glee, and giving Rachel Marley a hard time because her mother is overweight. So Jake stands up for Rachel Marley. Rachel Marley pines over Jake, her doofus in shining armor.

But Rachel Marley can't have Jake because Jake is dating the bitchy head cheerio Quinn Kitty. So Rachel Marley has to sing a sad song at the end of the episode because she can't have Jake.

Coming up in episode 4 of season 4 of Glee:

Quinn Kitty will reveal to Jake that she is pregnant, and Kurt Wade/Unique will come out to his/her Mama.

Seriously, someone get the Glee writers some creativity stat.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/20/2012, 11:17 pm

Will have to say that the scene at the end with Brittany staring at her computer and seeing that Santana wasn't there for her... that was probably the most emotionally genuine moment in the whole episode. crycry

As for the rest... Kurt looked lovely and I'm delighted that Chris got paid for a full episode. Did anyone time how long his scenes were?
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 11:22 pm

Ranwing wrote:I love Cassandra July and want to keep her forever. Can we move her into the loft with Kurt because the snark will be absolutely epic. Dear Gods... what kind of a dunce is Rachel? Cassandra was doing exactly what I thought she was; readying her students for the vicious theater world were being called as sexy as Shrek is hardly the worst thing that Rachel will ever hear being said about her. She's right - Rachel is so far from ready for anything involving professional theater work because the girl cannot take criticism of any kind. She needs to seriously grow up. And fast.

Man, Brody is giving off serious creep vibes. That hint from Cassandra about him going for young ingenues and puting the moves on Rachel even she she made it clear that she still loved Finn? Lovely. And love the Manhattan snob bit - yes Brody, there are trains that acutally go to the other boroughs.

Was happy to see Puck, but Jellyrolls was right - he's flown in just to give Jake a pep talk? This show...

Marley is officially boring. And the less said about the music tonight, the better.

Brody is pretty creepy.

I'm not so sure I like Cassandra.

I'd rather watch Marley than Blaine, Unique, and Brittany.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 9/20/2012, 11:25 pm

Ranwing wrote:As for the rest... Kurt looked lovely and I'm delighted that Chris got paid for a full episode. Did anyone time how long his scenes were?

No more than five minutes for sure. Probably quite a bit less.

Yes, the est part of the episode is that Chris got a nice chunk of change for it.

Is it bad that one of the best reasons I can find for watching Glee is that it earns Chris a lot of money?

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/20/2012, 11:31 pm

all kurt's appearance togehter is no more than 2 minutes. as for the rest of the show: Sleep

and I really don't like Brittany. let her shut up do the dance and be done w/.

Last edited by fantastica on 9/20/2012, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/20/2012, 11:32 pm

I have to admit that I loved how when Cassandra was finishing up her lecture to Rachel (and making Rachel feel positively microscopic) that Rache had a facefull of Cassandra's ass. That shows the amount of respect that Cassandra hs for Ms. Berry. And yes, Rachel did have to do quite a bit of ass kissing there. Pucker up, Berry! guzu

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 9/21/2012, 12:39 am

Wow, just finished the episode. Honestly, as a Kurtsie, first of all this episode doesn't need a recap. It barely had any plot, and the McKinley parts bored me to death. The only thing that made me happy was the appearance of Puck, and it's a bad sign that my heart breaks everytime an old character makes a cameo.

The Chris/Kurt parts were a total of 2-3 minutes I think, and Chris nailed every little part. Happy to hear he's planning on applying to NYADA second semester whilst at Vogue, I really hope they don't forget this and ditch his NYADA dream.

I still feel much more connected and interested in the New York story, even if Rachel is there. Kate Hudson has really surprised me with her acting and her character. I really, really like the character of Cassandra.

To sum up, bullet points.

- McKinley, still boring, still pointless, couldn't care less, (the only character I like is Sam, how I wish they had gone with the Sam/Kurt storyline in Season 2, ugh).
-New York storyline, great. It should have been a Hummelberry spinoff. End of story.
-Kurt remains the only character I actually care about and the only actor who can take a scene to another level.

I'm so intrigued for next week's episode.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/21/2012, 12:50 am

right now i don't want kurt to get into NYADA anymore so that he can be picked on by teachers in order to show him tough love. He doesn't need anymore tough love or insults. I just want him to be happy. He's had enough of this crap for hte last 3 yrs. time to put him to the top rather than starting at the bottom.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/21/2012, 1:05 am

sahhar wrote:Wow, just finished the episode. Honestly, as a Kurtsie, first of all this episode doesn't need a recap. It barely had any plot, and the McKinley parts bored me to death. The only thing that made me happy was the appearance of Puck, and it's a bad sign that my heart breaks everytime an old character makes a cameo.

I was happy too so see him:) and probably I'll feel the same if Mercedes,Quinn,Mike,Finn and Santana make an appearance. I miss the old ones.

Regarding Cassandra, I like her character too and I'm glad there's someone that's telling Rachel that she needs to grow up and change her attitude. Btw, I know it must be annoyed to hear a cellphone ringing while you're performing but Cassandra should have been more patient o.o

Overall this episode was ok for me and I think Brittany was exactly like Britney when she went through that dark phase in 2007. I saw lots of reference from that time, such as the Gimme More performance. It was so embarrasing.

Finally, I want more HUMMELBERRY SCENES and that place is huge, I'd live there Smile

@Kim, we're not sure if Cassandra will be as nasty with Kurt as she's with Rachel. We have seen she can be nice with other students. And at the moment I can say more about Carmen because we've seen her once in NYADA.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/21/2012, 1:25 am

they already have rachel's NYADA story. why would they repeat the same thing w/ Kurt? Kate Hudson's character will never work w/ Kurt. she is there for Rachel only.

my gut feeling is Kurt will stay in teh fashion biz. he may take theater as a hobby when opportunity arises. dont' forget, Murph loves fashion.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 9/21/2012, 2:13 am

brisallie wrote:
sahhar wrote:Wow, just finished the episode. Honestly, as a Kurtsie, first of all this episode doesn't need a recap. It barely had any plot, and the McKinley parts bored me to death. The only thing that made me happy was the appearance of Puck, and it's a bad sign that my heart breaks everytime an old character makes a cameo.

I was happy too so see him:) and probably I'll feel the same if Mercedes,Quinn,Mike,Finn and Santana make an appearance. I miss the old ones.

Regarding Cassandra, I like her character too and I'm glad there's someone that's telling Rachel that she needs to grow up and change her attitude. Btw, I know it must be annoyed to hear a cellphone ringing while you're performing but Cassandra should have been more patient o.o

Overall this episode was ok for me and I think Brittany was exactly like Britney when she went through that dark phase in 2007. I saw lots of reference from that time, such as the Gimme More performance. It was so embarrasing.

Finally, I want more HUMMELBERRY SCENES and that place is huge, I'd live there Smile

@Kim, we're not sure if Cassandra will be as nasty with Kurt as she's with Rachel. We have seen she can be nice with other students. And at the moment I can say more about Carmen because we've seen her once in NYADA.

I'm sure I'll feel the same way when everyone else returns for their cameos. I really don't like the new format of the show.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 9/21/2012, 2:15 am

fantastica wrote:they already have rachel's NYADA story. why would they repeat the same thing w/ Kurt? Kate Hudson's character will never work w/ Kurt. she is there for Rachel only.

my gut feeling is Kurt will stay in teh fashion biz. he may take theater as a hobby when opportunity arises. dont' forget, Murph loves fashion.

I'm hoping Kurt still gets into NYADA, but if they can come up with an interesting enough storyline connected to the fashion industry for Kurt, like him going into modeling or something, then I'm ok with that too.

I'd like to see people and teachers love him if he gets into NYADA, in fact I'd love to see Kurt and Cassandra interact and them actually getting along. Yeah, I'm going too far into my own headcanon. Trollphy doesn't have the writing skills to come up with something that fun and interesting.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/21/2012, 2:30 am

fantastica wrote:right now i don't want kurt to get into NYADA anymore so that he can be picked on by teachers in order to show him tough love. He doesn't need anymore tough love or insults. I just want him to be happy. He's had enough of this crap for hte last 3 yrs. time to put him to the top rather than starting at the bottom.

Good points.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/21/2012, 2:52 am

Kurt "will re-auditioning for 2nd semester" - that means a kurt solo later on. yay! Kurt can choose not to go into NYADA eventually but I definitely want his second audition.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 9/21/2012, 3:36 am

I spend 42 minutes waiting for that scene with Kurt, Rachel and Sarah Jessica Parker's character which was in the promo but apparently the scene is from the next episode not this one. I feel stupid, was I hallucinating or do they just mix different episodes in one promo. Whatever. I'm disappointed the episode was kind of boring, just skipped the songs because they were a waste of my time and their talent. I laughed so much during their performance at the assembly, Brittany was eating and drinking from that huge bottle while the others were trying to dance and Kurt and his little speech about the cake and how he was going to yell at strangers like a crazy person.

I agree about Brody being creepy. How exactly did he find Rachel's apartment. Does she give her address to every guy she knows for like two days from school. And how are these two always accidentally meeting, is New York that small.
And the Jake, Marley, Kitty love triangle looks a lot like Finn, Rachel, Quinn. Even the girls' hair colours.

There wasn't enough Kurt or Santana and too much Brody, Jake and Marley, maybe that's why I didn't like it. All my favourite characters were in the background.

I will just wait for the next episode with Kurt's story line about Vogue, I hope it will make it up for these 43 minutes I wasted in boredom and never will be able to get back.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top