Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  arina 12/24/2012, 1:47 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mfibdpbUEk1qiak5ao3_1280

I feel that some things he said in this interview contradicts little bit what he said in previous interviews. Otherwise, good interview.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  tanita_mors 12/24/2012, 5:45 am

I feel that the only things that give off a different vibe are the role model and the after cheating question. The role model answer may mean that Chris is finally excepting that more people look up to him then troubled gay teens. As of the cheating question, well, we all more or less said that we fell that his side wasn't represented enough and that he forgave Blaine a little too fast and too clean. I think Chris agrees.

I love his answer about gay presence on tv - unlike some other actors who look at this as an opportunity to take shot at what they don't like and actors they don't like, he stayed reserved. He said that some of it wasn't up to his standard sort of speak, but on the bright side, at least there are gays on tv. I don't like it when actors bad mouth other actors work and effort.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/24/2012, 5:52 am

tanita_mors wrote:I feel that the only things that give off a different vibe are the role model and the after cheating question. The role model answer may mean that Chris is finally excepting that more people look up to him then troubled gay teens. As of the cheating question, well, we all more or less said that we fell that his side wasn't represented enough and that he forgave Blaine a little too fast and too clean. I think Chris agrees.

I love his answer about gay presence on tv - unlike some other actors who look at this as an opportunity to take shot at what they don't like and actors they don't like, he stayed reserved. He said that some of it wasn't up to his standard sort of speak, but on the bright side, at least there are gays on tv. I don't like it when actors bad mouth other actors work and effort.
But this interview is older than the Alterelton one when he talked about heterosexual kids stop listening when the character is gay and vice versa

agreed I loved his answer about gay presence on TV as well.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/24/2012, 6:56 am

I feel bad that Chris gets hate just because he said he wants Kurt to move on and date other people. There are some mean comments on tumblr which I try to avoid because I'm in a good mood and I don't want to ruin it. Just because he is honest and shares his opinions doesn't mean people have to get mad at him after every interview. He doesn't hate Klaine, he is an actor who wants a little drama and character development.

There was interview with DC in the same magazine and I don't understand why some fans want to make Chris the bad guy and Darren the good one. It's obvious that Darren says what fans want to hear not what he actually thinks. And why do people always ask him what it is like to play a gay character as a straight man. Or what was his family's reaction. He plays that character for almost 3 years why they keep asking the same questions over and over again in every interview. Why don't they ask Chris what is like to play a gay character as a gay man? Another thing that caught my attention is that Darren talks about the old Blaine from Season 2 when they ask him about his character. I guess he is not happy with what they turned Blaine into these last two seasons.

I was curious what would Chris do if he was in Kurt's place. With this interview he kind of answered that. Kurt is very forgiving, sometimes too much IMO and he let Blaine back in his life too quickly and without any effort from Blaine except the numerous texts and phone calls.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/24/2012, 9:33 am

it is what it is. looking at some other shippers in other fandoms, the sentiment is the same. the side who doesn't cater to the shippers or isn't super involved is usually the one that gets criticized a lot. it's inevitable. i don't feel that either chris or darren are wrong. there is nothing bad about being truthful about your character and i respect chris greatly for it, but there is nothing bad with indulging your fans. me saying anything different would be hypocritical, because as an evil regal i love all the stuff we get from lana parrilla and that's not any different from what darren criss gives to his fans. i do wish he was a little less long winded and faux-intellectual in his question answering and interviews. that is getting on my nerves a bit to be honest.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/24/2012, 11:30 am

I find it interesting at how differently DC and CC view the cheating storyline. DC is almost painfully aware of how fans will respond to the whole thing and is apparently very concerned with the character he is portraying being "the bad guy" in the break up. That to me is more than a little pathetic, that he's so afraid of the fans no longer liking Blaine that he wants to avoid Blaine doing something that he knows will upset him. So he's doing damage control to protect Blaine from any fan backlash by stating as politely as he can that he doesn't agree with the storyline. That to me is pandering and treats his fans like irrational children who can't accept a storyline where his character matures and grows and even makes critical mistakes.

Chris on the other hand, is clearly looking at the whole things from a storyteller's perspective and isn't afraid of Kurt not always being seen in the best possible lights. He, first and foremost, wants to tell a good story. Whereas Blaine is first and foremost tied to the Klaine relationship and has very little to do outside of it, Kurt had an existance long before Blaine arrived and doesn't depend on Blaine to give him substance. Kurt wants to show Kurt growing and maturing and evolving past his high school existance (and that includes his high school relationship). Whereas Darren panders to the demands of his most vocal fans, Chris doesn't feel it necessary to do so because he trust them to join him on this story and to be mature enough to enjoy the ups and downs that go along with it. Chris trusts his fans enough to be able to seperate how they might see Kurt from how they see him and not to freak out if Kurt is ever painted in a less than sympathetic light.

Frankly, I'm rather tired of Darren's attempts to play the victim here. He's an actor telling a story and unlike Chris, who has a good eye on how to improve how a story is told within the framework of the existing plotline (like asking for Kurt to make his own decision about returning to the prom after being crowned prom queen), Darren is apparently not able to do that constructively so we get these veiled comments about him not agreeing with the storyline.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 12/24/2012, 12:07 pm

banzai This

Darren Criss is politically correct
Chris Cofler is direct and not afraid to speak his mind

PS: I'm sick of people who are politically correct. This has not to do with Darren, it has to do with people in general.
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/24/2012, 3:25 pm

While this is an assumption on my part, I think a lot of Darren's fanbase is very young, and emotional, and very reactive. I don't know if he is just being PC, or just trying to calm them down so no one gets a lot of hate, or cause anguish. I do think Darren is a nice guy, from what I've seen of him. Chris has the benefit of having a likely more mature audience, as most kids want to fit in, and Kurt is a character that doesn't, while Blaine does. While this keeps him from having avid fans on places like GF, while there are a staunch few that linger, he also has people who will follow him outside of Glee. I don't know how many of the kids will continue following Darren once Blaine no longer exists. So Chris doesn't candycoat things, if you are his fan, you will stick around, if you don't like him, he is much too busy to hold your hand either. You can't convince someone to like a character, especially if they are determined not to, just look at Demian at TWOP, man, there is a lot of Kurt despising from that person.

I don't dislike the cheating story, because supposedly Kurt is going to get something other than lovely dovey hand holding with Blaine. I didn't find the story character destroying like a lot of people describe Blaine's cheating, because I feel Blaine does have self-esteem issues, not that they've really touched on them so far. Blaine gets tons of encouragement, and rewards, so why is he so insecure? I keep trying to believe it isn't just situational writing, and that it has a purpose. They've mentioned and shown a lot of parents this year, but no mention of either of Blaine's. I keep waiting for daddy issues to surface, and explain why Blaine goes around self-destructing in his romantic relationships. He accepts compliments and phone calls from Sebastian when he knows the guy just wants sex. Then he bashes Kurt for a few texts. He pushes Kurt to NY, and almost immediately turns around and cheats. Now, if they never explore this, is was very poor writing to have Blaine cheat, because he does seem to be genuinely in love with Kurt, and then I will be miffed. If they use this to have Kurt realize he doesn't have to marry his first boyfriend, much like Rachel has, there are other opportunities. So you end up with the person who suits you best.

Of course, if they want to do a triangle, with Kurt at the center, I am okay with that too. phr34r

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  azure 12/24/2012, 6:53 pm

I wrote a long post last night which I lost somehow but very briefly I can't find anything wrong with what Chris said in this article and I am at a loss as to why people find things in it to hate on him and don't have any issues with anything Darren said in his interview in the same publication at the same time. Apparently these interviews date back to October when neither of them had seen the last few scripts, and indeed could be around the time of the 2 scripts which had no Kurt at all.

The cheating story was to give Blaine character development, the Christmas episode gave us Burt giving Blaine his seal of approval and the traditional Klaine duet which tellingly was largely a Blaine solo with Kurt mostly harmonising/on backup vocals. Chris was brilliant in this episode and without dialogue about Kurt's feelings still conveyed a myriad emotions and thoughts. Ryan Murphy did say he wanted to show a real and complicated relationship.

But where was the scene where Burt talked to Blaine about the cheating? Where was the heart to heart between Kurt and Blaine that Kurt promised in the previous episode? The director has overall control of how a scene goes and he chooses which scenes and takes to include to tell the story he wants to tell. Chris neither writes, directs nor edits this show and I am sick and tired of Blaine fans blaming him because things don't unfold as they would like.

I thought the article was very interesting and in it Chris refers to Glee as being amazing, and it is exciting to read about another role that he might be playing coming up.

azure
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/24/2012, 7:58 pm

i am used to see people turning any innocent truthful statement into hate-stiring big deal. it's not just for celebrities, but politicians too. some people just want to find targets to attack no matter what. that's where this whole politically-correct things come in, to minimize these responses, but then you know, you can never say anything again, at least not truthfully.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/24/2012, 8:58 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Collage2_zpsaf554646
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/24/2012, 9:30 pm

arina wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mfibdpbUEk1qiak5ao3_1280

I feel that some things he said in this interview contradicts little bit what he said in previous interviews. Otherwise, good interview.

For me what Chris said about the cheating is mostly what we think about it: that his point of view wasn't explored beyond what we saw on screen. And is true that unlike some people, Kurt is a guy that forgives easily. And if people get mad at his words,I think is because he's not saying what they want to hear. For me he's an actor who is free to give his personal opinion, and in addition he's not offending anyone. Is just his POV.

Btw, I like how Chris is someone who prefers to say what he thinks about something, instead to please everyone.

Glorfindel wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Collage2_zpsaf554646

A beautiful Chris (t)mas card Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/25/2012, 12:44 am

so, what do these fans want to hear him say regarding the cheating story? that blaine is so perfect even if he cheats kurt should be grateful? i never understand what these people think.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/25/2012, 12:54 am

fantastica wrote:so, what do these fans want to hear him say regarding the cheating story? that blaine is so perfect even if he cheats kurt should be grateful? i never understand what these people think.

I would not be surprise if that was the case. I also never understand what these people think.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/25/2012, 7:07 am

it's because they are so pathetic that they would do anything or accept anything including having no self respect if their ideal blaine (but lets be frank, mostly darren) would even give them the time of day. they'd be sooo happy he knows they exist that everything else would lose any significance.

people just don't get what trust means in a relationship. it's everything. it's a foundation of every successful relationship. and once you lose that trust, even if you get back with that person, you will never be able to fully trust them again. there will ALWAYS be that little seed of doubt. and it's particularly hurtful coming from blaine, because was the one who instigated the whole "talk to me, don't cheat on me" thing. talk about a full on slap in the face. i'd never get back with him, and from the vibe in his interviews, i fell chris feels the same, but is either afraid to admit it fearing the cosmic rage of blaine/klaine stans everywhere, or he was instructed to keep his opinion to himself.

and the thing is, this doesn't really make bliane the satan or anything. he made a mistake. lord knows it happens. but if there was any justice, he should be paying for it a long time. just knowing that he walked all over his "the one" and will never have him back, should be punishment enough. but this is a tv show, so that won't happen.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/25/2012, 9:24 am

sheny wrote:I feel bad that Chris gets hate just because he said he wants Kurt to move on and date other people. There are some mean comments on tumblr which I try to avoid because I'm in a good mood and I don't want to ruin it.

I wish these Klainers would stop being so passionate and riled up over such a badly written ship. I find the Klaine romantic dynamic boring most of the time and could not fathom why so many people want to see these two get together again so badly. The 'they look so cute together' argument doesn't wash with me.

Divalicious wrote:You can't convince someone to like a character, especially if they are determined not to, just look at Demian at TWOP, man, there is a lot of Kurt despising from that person.

I think the fandom has him to thank for the 'Saint Kurt' label way back in season 2 dryy

What's more frustrating is that you can't even post any comments in response to his judgmental recaps at that website.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 12/25/2012, 11:59 am

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mf9zlqq0l11rk63wco1_r2_1280

Chris is so cute. wub But the first one is my favourite. He looks great there.

I wonder who the boy next to Chris is in the first one. he kinda looks like him a lot. Maybe his cousin?
I love seeing photos of Chris' family. Smile
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/25/2012, 4:12 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo1_500Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo3_1280

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo2_500Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo4_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/25/2012, 5:36 pm

OMG, Chris got Brian a buddy !!!! What a pair of cuties !!!!! wub wub wub
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/25/2012, 8:00 pm

OMG, Chris is just wonderful and always manages to surprise me.
He tweeted this little video called:

"Oh no...that wasn't catnip."

ptdr lol! wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/25/2012, 8:03 pm

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo1_500Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mflmz75HGX1qe476yo3_1280

What?! Chris has a dog now?So cute!

And in regards to the video that Chris posted, Where I can get that cat? Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/26/2012, 12:26 am

I think that's one of the family dogs: Marley Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 A1Pozz_CQAAW0bM
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/26/2012, 10:32 pm

Chris tweets:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mfnxfmdxk01qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mfnx2rHKww1r2tx2go1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 23 Tumblr_mfnx2rHKww1r2tx2go2_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/27/2012, 10:53 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/27/2012, 11:26 am

I really don't like this hairstyle, he should have the hair like in the SBL video with Polly or like in the SBL more often. I prefer more natural hair on him.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next