Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Theatre Thread!

+3
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
Jellyrolls
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Theatre Thread!

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/13/2014, 12:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Maybe some of the neglected and not-so-popular-outside-Glee ones, if Glee is over by the time the production is on Broadway.

I can see Jenna, Darren, Kevin, Chord, Mark, Harry and the noobs agreeing to do it. Maybe Naya and/or Heather, and if he won't get a better offer elsewhere also Matt.
Lea might do it to stay on Ryan's good side till she can be his Fanny Brice.

But I really doubt Chris would do it, unless perhaps the story of the musical would cover only season 1.  fanny2

While the participation of the original cast members sounds lovely, I doubt if any of them will do this production at all. They will probably hire a bunch of unknowns to try and capture the spirit of these iconic characters....sort of like the newbies of season four and five. Copies of the originals. I doubt that any of the original cast members will want to be associated with Glee and have to cling to it forever.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/13/2014, 12:48 pm

^Yeah, I think the only ones willing to be in a stage adaptation of Glee right of the bat would be the noobs.
But if some of the original cast will find it hard to get something else after Glee I can see a few of them returning to the nest as well. They may want their freedom now (although Jenna clearly doesn't) but they still need to work, plus being semi-famous because of a tv-show can be addictive.

But with the current ratings of Glee I doubt they will even get a musical production off of the ground.

That youtube video of the dancers behind the curtain is beautiful. How creative.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/13/2014, 1:02 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Yeah, I think the only ones willing to be in a stage adaptation of Glee right of the bat would be the noobs.
But if some of the original cast will find it hard to get something else after Glee I can see a few of them returning to the nest as well. They may want their freedom now (although Jenna clearly doesn't) but they still need to work, plus being semi-famous because of a tv-show can be addictive.

But with the current ratings of Glee I doubt they will even get a musical production off of the ground.

That youtube video of the dancers behind the curtain is beautiful. How creative.  neutre

Seriously, poor Jenna. I feel awful for her.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Seven brides for seven brothers

Post  Kurt addict 2/25/2014, 7:21 am

At the theatre again last night, went to see an oldie seven brides for seven brothers and I really enjoyed it, there was good music and high energy dancing (and some very fit brothers you know what I'm saying) I didn't expect to enjoy it so much but I came out of the theater feeling really good, great show, Sam Atter was the lead if any of you watch Dancing on ice U.K. version
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/26/2014, 7:24 pm

Been listening to some of the songs from Kinky Boots. I love the film but didn't really know anything about the musical until someone recced Not My Father's Son to me. Now, I have it on repeat and am excited to hear that it is rumoured to be coming to the West End this or next year.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Singing in the rain

Post  Kurt addict 4/22/2014, 7:21 pm

Just been to see singing in the rain at the theatre, it was really run lots of high energy dancing and good vocals the end was best as they all did that dance that glee did with the umbrellas and lots of rain and water lol people in the front seats got very wet!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Wicked

Post  Kurt addict 9/20/2014, 7:10 pm

Just been to see Wicked at the Liverpool empire theatre and it was just as good as at Gerswin really enjoyed it great night was had by All!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Matthew Morrison

Post  Kurt addict 4/15/2015, 6:16 am

Just seen a short preview of finding never land it looks amazing, hope to see it when I'm in New York in August, I didn't know Gary Barlow wrote the music! It opens tonight and there is going to be some talk about it on this morning programme with Lorraine if you can get uk programmes.

Having a musical week, just watched the rocky horror picture show, little house of horrors and Sweeney Todd !

Sweeney Todd was an eye opener, I knew the story but the musical was horrific so much blood and gore, I couldn't help but think that Chris's parents would'ent let him watch nip and tuck, but he new Sweeney Todd so well he adapted it as his end of year show.

It would appear that murder, blood and gore is okay, but sex is just to horrific?
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/8/2015, 7:32 pm

Anyone else got this performance on replay from the Tonys? Amazing, nuanced performance by 11 year old Sydney Lucas. Had me bawling!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Broadway

Post  Kurt addict 7/5/2015, 2:58 pm

Just booked tickets for finding never land and wicked for August when I'm on holiday in New York I'm so excited, let the countdown begin.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/5/2015, 7:17 pm

^ good for you Anna! hope you have a great time in NYC.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 7/6/2015, 1:53 am

Thanks Kim only 29 days to go ptdr hola bounce
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

The Theatre Thread! - Page 2 Empty Finding never land

Post  Kurt addict 8/22/2015, 12:10 am

Just come back from the theatre having watched "Finding Neverland" really enjoyed it, Matt proves how he was wasted on Glee, but I do wish he didn't try a Scottish accent, the two girls who were sitting next to me where from Glasgow! And I know Scotland has different lilts, but I have know idea were Matt's accent was supposed to be from. But despite that the singing dancing and physicality he brought to the role was impressive. Great show, loved the special effects to.blushh
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next