Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck by Lightning Main thread

+53
mae55
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
bayth
M&M
coxfire
Catt24
msjoanlucette
Ranwing
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Piciollina
tamara04
Adamina
ladydianab
FunnyLady
Eaton2011
zuppid
Sani
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
CCfan93
Heyerchick
Esme
Buenos
E-ko
valkeakuulas
fountain
paulopf
Divalicious
Glorfindel
mellama
sahhar
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Delight
Sminky
ColferInspired
arina
Coolbeans3131
ry_kurtsie
tanita_mors
brisallie
ColferGirl
Shinra17
dap1217
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
fantastica
57 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  Delight 3/24/2012, 7:21 am

Chris had mentioned that SBL is unlike other movies about high school students-- where the characters just want to be popular or get laid. Carson isn't interested in any of that, so it really wouldn't matter what his sexuality is. And Brian had mentioned that because of this, he finds the SBL script quite interesting and unusual.

Maybe that reviewer mistakenly thought that only those in the LGBT community would want to support and watch Chris's movie?

Maybe the 'queer' comment was meant to be taken as 'quaint', or 'unusual'? Which I have a feeling SBL would be. Unusual, that is, but in a good way neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  arina 3/24/2012, 7:37 am

I think I found the review, about the "queer" thing is in the last two paragraphs.

http://yayponies.tumblr.com/post/18510519947/sbl-a-post

And here is discussion about that

http://theawesomenessthatischriscolfer.tumblr.com/post/19359192382/chris-colfer-his-fucking-everything-a-struck-by

But as Shinra said we have to watch it ourselves to make opinion...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/24/2012, 1:57 pm

arina wrote:This is some other work from that girl who made that SBL poster Chris tweeted about:

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0bo3_r3_500
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0b
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0b

I knw it's just fan art work, but still... it makes me excited, I am curious how the real one will look like!

Oh My I don't know which one to pick!!! I like all of them but probably because I like the minimalist style I choose the last one Smile

Shinra17 wrote:^ is "too gay" => make you think too much about gay people, gay culture? lol it would be funny if movies could mate and have baby movies.

What is their criteria to say "is a queer film"? Razz I'll be wait to see the movie first.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 1:57 pm

^ (=> Arina's post, I didn't see Brisallie was around lol)
We already know that the SL won't evolve around the sexuality of the character, Chris and Brian said it, it's not the thing I wanted to point out. There's a lot of genres of films where romance and sexuality are not important, the horror genre, the burlesque genre, sometimes the adventure and the social genres too, it's not uncommon. What can be really unusual, beside what Delight said, would be a film in which the main character is gay and the SL doesn't care about it. But to trivialize this situation, they need to point out at one moment that the character is gay.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/24/2012, 2:09 pm

^

Yes Shinra I'm here ptdr So I don't know if takes your reply as an indirect answer to my question about criteria or not but thanks anyway lol

Personally I think this movie and both Brian and Chris have said that is gonna be about HS life and a journey about find your inner persona but no only focus on Carson's sexuality but on everything.

By other side, it won't be the first time that a character's sexuality is mentioned as a shallow comment or viewers are the ones who realize there's "something" because of some words or gestures or interaction with others but the film itself never said it directly. I know you see anime and anime is the perfect example of it lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:46 pm

I find it troubling when someone labels a film maker "queer film maker", as if they are not mainstream, but somehow in a niche, appealing only to queer audience. If the person labeled it because the film maker is simply gay, then that's totally ridiculous. Should we also call other film makers "straight" film makers? male film makers? white film makers? why only the minorities get labeled?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 7:07 pm

^ because they are minorities (= marginal) suure
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/31/2012, 8:55 am

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1prundz1p1qjlzrgo1_500
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/1/2012, 3:24 am

There was a screening of SBL today, some of the cast that went to it have been tweeting about it, plus the one that did the music for the film. Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/1/2012, 3:34 am

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1se9rkFlr1r2tx2go1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sesm4yrQ1qcz4qno1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sey20Mol1r2tx2go1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1se0b6OTU1r2tx2go1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/1/2012, 3:47 am

arina wrote:Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1se9rkFlr1r2tx2go1_500

Thanks. I have trouble trying to post twitter posts. Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/1/2012, 3:54 am

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sfznc7Ps1r2tx2go2_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sfznc7Ps1r2tx2go1_500

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/1/2012, 4:52 am

arina wrote:Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sfznc7Ps1r2tx2go2_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sfznc7Ps1r2tx2go1_500

I bet Rebel knows everything about his new movie Grrrr.....Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 3181402168

But I love that they are friends. Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/1/2012, 4:53 am

Rebel tweeted "later this year" huh So anyone has the slightly idea when it's gonna be premiered???
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/1/2012, 4:59 am

arina wrote:Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1se9rkFlr1r2tx2go1_500

Since I have researched it because I was wondering who they are, I may as well share it: Jane Espenson is a producer and Cristina Langeman is crew member on Glee. Which means no journalist, and no review Mad
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/1/2012, 6:58 am

Hey Guys-
I’m LOVING all these awesome designs you are sending. You guys are so talented. PLEASE keep them coming, I want to have a ton to look thru before I choose the final design. It’s very inspiring to see you all being so creative.
Tonight’s SBL cast/crew screening was really beautiful. Almost everyone from the film showed up. It was shown in Hollywood at this gorgeous old theater called Harmony Gold on Sunset Blvd. Chris was there and in a wonderful mood after being slimed just maybe 2 hours earlier from his awards show presentation. He was very sweet tonight, full of hugs and laughter, he really is such a nice guy. He told me he’s been listening to my singles on his iPod and how much he loved the music. How cute right? He introduced the film to everyone tonight and we were all extremely excited to see it in a big theater. I would have to say my favorite moment was at the end when “Feel Love” started playing, I was so moved. Awesome, awesome night.
Sourcehttp://michaelvanlondon.tumblr.com/post/20278768538/sbl-mvl-contest-update-private-screening-update
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/1/2012, 7:05 am

brisallie wrote:Rebel tweeted "later this year" huh So anyone has the slightly idea when it's gonna be premiered???
Well, later this year.

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_lm0fgcLEQy1qdlkgg
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/1/2012, 7:21 am

Hmm.. why is it that all the cast and crew members are only now getting to watch the SBL movie for the first time? It is some private screening, isn't it? I thought the premiere of the movie at the Tribeca Film Festival is happening only later this month.

Well, I hope SBL gets shown in Australia 'later this year'. That's extremely vague and the anticipation is eating me alive, but, oh well... that's the problem with living in an entirely different continent :(
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/1/2012, 7:29 am

Stop moaning people. There is a big chance that the movie will play in Australia or really any place where Glee actually airs or has aired. I feel like me and maybe a hand full of other people have even heard of Glee in Serbia (maybe it's better known in the teen crowd, but I don't hang out with teens anymore). Nobody knows who Chris Colfer is or many of the films stars because here movie stars are only real stars. When Golden Globes are reported, here they only report about the film categories and may only talk about tv shows in passing without going deeper into it. Only way it will come here is it's gets world wide distribution, is a huge box office hit or a huge film festival hit. And even then it's not completely sure.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/1/2012, 7:49 am

tanita_mors wrote:Stop moaning people. There is a big chance that the movie will play in Australia or really any place where Glee actually airs or has aired. I feel like me and maybe a hand full of other people have even heard of Glee in Serbia (maybe it's better known in the teen crowd, but I don't hang out with teens anymore). Nobody knows who Chris Colfer is or many of the films stars because here movie stars are only real stars. When Golden Globes are reported, here they only report about the film categories and may only talk about tv shows in passing without going deeper into it. Only way it will come here is it's gets world wide distribution, is a huge box office hit or a huge film festival hit. And even then it's not completely sure.

Thank goodness for the internet, eh? fanny2

I guess I shouldn't worry about whether the film would or would not come to Australia. It most probably will, and it's only a matter of time. Rebel Wilson seems pretty confident that it would, and with Australians being generally super-supportive of their homegrown actors/actresses, I'm sure they would make an effort to distribute the movie here.

And I'm sure that even if SBL doesn't show in cinemas here, it'll probably be downloadable on the internet. But I really want to support Chris's first film properly by buying the tickets to watch it in a cinema.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/1/2012, 8:02 am

Looks like my lurking on other websites paid off.

No release date yet, but it's still good and reassuring news for the Colferites in Australia.

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 X870x
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/1/2012, 1:00 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
brisallie wrote:Rebel tweeted "later this year" huh So anyone has the slightly idea when it's gonna be premiered???
Well, later this year.

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_lm0fgcLEQy1qdlkgg

Yeah I know that but I wanna know the EXACTLY date. Though I don't even know what I care because I'm still unsure if will be premiered here :( so I wanna know when I'll be able to download it Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/1/2012, 1:10 pm

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sjfxWAI01r2tx2go1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m1sjfxWAI01r2tx2go2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/1/2012, 2:51 pm

These tweets aren't making my wait for this film any less of a torture. I envy the people at all these screenings :( .

I have a feeling this will come out in the fall (fingers crossed, if all goes well with distribution), which is a long wait but good for a small indie film like this. Usually when films come out around that time it's pre-award season and these kind of films need the buzz. That's how a lot of smaller films have benefitted. Whether it was The Artist or Slumdog Millionaire, they slowly but steadily grew with each passing week after the critical buzz, awards buzz etc. I know it's too crazy to compare SBL to those films, but I was just trying to make a point of how it benefits such films to release in the fall or winter.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/1/2012, 3:12 pm

^ some of hte best movies are indies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next