Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck By Lightning Trailer

+7
arina
ColferGirl
dap1217
brisallie
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Shinra17
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Struck By Lightning Trailer Empty Struck By Lightning Trailer

Post  Shinra17 2/19/2012, 6:22 pm

For those who have lived in a cave for the past few days or were too busy:

World Premiere! Watch Glee Star Chris Colfer’s Struck By Lightning Movie Trailer

It looks like Glee star Chris Colfer has struck gold with his upcoming big-screen debut.
And only we can show you why! We’ve got the exclusive first look at the teaser trailer for Struck by Lightning.
Colfer not only stars in the upcoming comedy, but he also wrote it. He plays a high school outcast who blackmails his fellow students into contributing to his literary journal. (And nope, there’s no singing at this high school!)
Allison Janney costars as his not-so-happy mom, with his best friend played by Rebel Wilson, the hysterical Aussie funnylady best known for playing one of Kristen Wiig’s roommates in Bridesmaids.
Rounding out the cast is Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland, along with Dermot Mulroney and Mad Men bombshell Christina Hendricks.
There are one-liners galore sprinkled throughout the trailer.
Our favorite? Hyland, who plays the bitchy head cheerleader, hisses about a classmate, “She smells like gluten!”
Congrats, Mr. Colfer! Can’t wait to see the movie!

E!Online
__________________________________________________________________________________________

First trailer for “Struck By Lightning,” written by & starring Glee’s Chris Colfer

This is one upcoming independent film that I’m truly excited about. Written by and starring Glee’s Chris Colfer, Struck by Lightning boasts a winning cast including Christina Hendricks (AMC’s Mad Men, Drive), Dermot Mulroney (Zodiac, About Schmidt), Sarah Hyland (ABC’s Modern Family), Matt Prokop (High School Musical 3: Senior Year, Disney’s Geek Charming), Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids, A Few Best Men), and the always-spectacular Allison Janney (NBC’s The West Wing, Juno, The Help). In his second feature, director Brian Dannelley (Saved!) brings us a high school comedy that promises a new twist on a tried and true genre.

The film’s champion pedigree starts at the top. Producer David Permut’s films have permeated my favorites from previous years’ festivals, starting with George Gallo’s Local Color, starring Trevor Morgan and Armin Mueller-Stahl. I attended the World Premiere at Tribeca in 2006 and covered screenings at three successive festivals. It made my Top 10 of that year. He followed that up with Charlie Bartlett, the critically-acclaimed Anton Yelchin-starrer that won my heart at the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival. Youth in Revolt, with Michael Cera, made my Top 10 at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. Permut has a winning track record in my book and I know Struck by Lightning will be another crowd-pleaser.

Expect a distributor and release date to be announced soon.

Pronetworks

Struck By Lightning Trailer: Chris Colfer Does It All

Chris Colfer's post-McKinley High career seems even brighter than his Glee character Kurt's: He wrote and starred in one movie that's already in the can, he's got another set to shoot in a few months, and he's also written a Disney channel pilot and a children's book. You'll get a look at the first of his many labors today, as E!'s got an early trailer for his movie Struck By Lightning, where Colfer wrote himself a role as an overachiever who blackmails his classmates into contributing to his literary journal. The movie doesn't have a distributor or release date yet (and hopefully, when a studio does come aboard, they can put out a color-corrected trailer with some snappier edits and better fonts), but it's stuffed full of all those people you like, including Rebel Wilson, Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, and Ashley Rickards.

Vulture

Chris Colfer Has Been 'Struck by Lightning'
By Scott Harris | Feb 19, 2012 | 11:10 AM |

Oh, that Chris Colfer. "Glee's" breakout star has already proven himself to be an entertainment industry triple threat, earning fans not just for television but also for his music career and his theater work. He's kind of a big deal. Now, though, he's aiming to conquer the big screen as well -- and judging by the new trailer for his upcoming film "Struck by Lightning," he's pretty much got that one in the bag as well.

Looks like lightning really can strike four times.

Written by Colfer himself (is there anything he can't do?), "Struck by Lightning" tells the story of a high school student (Colfer, naturally) who begins blackmailing his classmates in order to provide content for his self-published literary journal.

So check out the trailer, courtesy of YouTube. Because it's safe to say that once again, Colfer's performance is electric:

Nextmovie

Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/16/2012, 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck By Lightning Trailer Empty Re: Struck By Lightning Trailer

Post  Shinra17 2/19/2012, 6:31 pm

I have to confess: I was unimpressed phr34r lol. But it was my fault. I saw the video first on the porcelain_fans community and when i wanted to watch it, flash player crashed. Instead of fixing the problem immediately, I made the big mistake to read the 8 pages of comments of the thread. After it, aside the fact I probably saw the whole trailer in gif format, I couldn't help but expect the trailer to be mega-ultra-sexy-mind blowing. It wasn't the case crycry lol
More seriously, I like it a lot, first because it was Chris and for the first time, it wasn't Kurt. And the difference was so obvious. Carson is much more physical in the way he interacts with the others than Kurt.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/19/2012, 6:44 pm

Struck By Lightning Trailer Tumblr_lzkffvoCxW1qls1eto1_500
Struck By Lightning Trailer Tumblr_lzl02sa5XZ1qmf0wgo1_500
Struck By Lightning Trailer Tumblr_lzkyttaYBi1qmf0wgo1_500
Struck By Lightning Trailer Tumblr_lzkffvoCxW1qls1eto2_500

and more importantly:
Struck By Lightning Trailer Tumblr_lzlpe3LqLR1qdbnj3o1_500

so what I get from the last tweet is that Chris was dancing shirtless on the set although he always wear an undershirt when there is a camera around? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/19/2012, 8:05 pm

I love the trailer. I giggle every single time I watch it. I think my favorite part is when he's running by the cheerleaders chanting, "Two Four Six Eight. Heard you like to fornicate."

There are definitely some funny things little one-liners (exactly as you'd expect from Chris). I just hope they didn't put them all in the trailer.

I hope we get a release date sooner rather than later.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Struck By Lightning Trailer Empty EW.COM

Post  Guest 2/19/2012, 9:01 pm

EW.com

'Struck By Lightning' trailer: Chris Colfer plays a social outcast that's not Kurt Hummel
by Kate Ward
Filed under: Movies and tagged: Movie Trailers
Comments 15Add comment
Chris Colfer has delivered such a convincing portrayal of Kurt Hummel over the past three seasons of Glee, it’s hard to imagine him as anyone but the talented social outcast. So it’s admittedly striking seeing him as another character in Struck By Lightning, a film Colfer himself wrote for the big screen. This time around, he plays a different kind of social outcast — instead of singing, Carson’s creative passion is writing. But in order to get into his dream school, Northwestern University, he must blackmail his popular classmates into helping make his literary magazine a success.
Colfer has stacked up an impressive cast for his film: Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland, and Rebel Wilson are among his co-stars. Watch the trailer after the jump, and be surprised with how much he manages to separate himself from Kurt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/19/2012, 9:58 pm

The bolded parts rock.

I was having a conversation about Glee with a co-worker last week, and she told me that Chris would only ever be the gay kid from Glee and wouldn't be going anywhere after Glee. I told her, "Just wait. He'll show you." She doesn't dislike him, just doesn't see him as having the ability to be anything but Kurt. But we know better Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/20/2012, 11:38 am

Carousel wrote:EW.com

'Struck By Lightning' trailer: Chris Colfer plays a social outcast that's not Kurt Hummel
by Kate Ward
Filed under: Movies and tagged: Movie Trailers
Comments 15Add comment
Chris Colfer has delivered such a convincing portrayal of Kurt Hummel over the past three seasons of Glee, it’s hard to imagine him as anyone but the talented social outcast. So it’s admittedly striking seeing him as another character in Struck By Lightning, a film Colfer himself wrote for the big screen. This time around, he plays a different kind of social outcast — instead of singing, Carson’s creative passion is writing. But in order to get into his dream school, Northwestern University, he must blackmail his popular classmates into helping make his literary magazine a success.
Colfer has stacked up an impressive cast for his film: Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland, and Rebel Wilson are among his co-stars. Watch the trailer after the jump, and be surprised with how much he manages to separate himself from Kurt.
I guess no one here was really surprised but it's a good thing that the media insist on it because GA is generally slow to get things lol
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/20/2012, 3:47 pm

GAs who don't watch Glee will not know Chris, so when the movie comes out they will have no preconceived bias of Kurt to cloud their judgment. I hope the movie appeals to people other than glee audiences. Not sure a lot of older folks will be willing to go to theaters to give it a shot but we will see.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/20/2012, 8:02 pm

Chris Colfer’s Struck By Lightning trailer released

— Written by May Sollawn On 20th February 2012

Back in 2010 we reported that Glee‘s resident Golden Globe winner Chris Colfer was all set to star in Struck By Lightning, a movie he penned himself. The trailer has finally landed and we’ve got to say, the kid’s got talent.

When Glee premièred in the UK in January 2010, everyone was drawn to the quiet baby-faced kid who convinced the entire football team to dance to Beyonce’s Single Ladies. Fast forward two years and he’s won a Golden Globe, been named as one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People 2011, sold a pilot to the Disney channel, and now stars in his own movie. Phew!

Struck By Lightning may be set in high school, but you shouldn’t expect the usual, “I’m the biggest nerd and I want the head cheerleader to love me” storyline. Nope, from what we’ve seen this film revolves around Carson (Colfer), a social outcast who wants nothing more than to leave the town of Clover, and get into his top choice university. So, he casually blackmails the entire school into contributing to his literary magazine. Why not?

It sounds familiar. Chris has been candid about his own woeful high school experiences, and has many witty anecdotes about his aspiration to leave Clovis, California before his big break. Wait a second: Clovis aka Clover …? They do say “write what you know”.

Considering the amount of witty one liners in the space of two and a half minutes, we predict this film will be full of comedic surprises. And with talent like Alison Janney, Modern Family‘s Sarah Hyland, and the hilarious Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids) co-starring, it’s looking good.

TheFilmReview
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/20/2012, 10:46 pm

From CNN
Watch: Trailer for Chris Colfer's 'Struck by Lightning'

Chris Colfer has broken apart from the "Glee" gang to make his starring film debut in the upcoming release, "Struck By Lightning."

The 21-year-old also wrote the coming-of-age comedy, in which he plays a high school student named Carson. Carson is dead set on becoming the "youngest freelance journalist ever to be published in The New York Times, L.A. Times and Chicago Tribune."

But first, he has to get into Northwestern University - and he's not above blackmailing his classmates into helping him get there.

One of our favorite lines from the clip comes from Rebel Wilson, whose character Malerie aids Carson in his blackmailing quest: Everyone will believe the dirt she and Carson dig up on their classmates, Malerie tells one cheerleader (played by "Modern Family's" Sarah Hyland,) because they'll "spread that [bleep] like Nutella."

It sounds like something you might hear on "Glee," but Colfer's actually going for a John Hughes tone with this project.

Starring along with Colfer, Hyland and Wilson are Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks and Dermot Mulroney. "Struck By Lightning" is expected to arrive in theaters sometime this year - what do you think of the trailer?

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/20/watch-trailer-for-chris-colfers-struck-by-lightning/

Struck By Lightning Trailer 000aata9

Last edited by fantastica on 2/21/2012, 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/20/2012, 11:55 pm

fantastica wrote:some more behind the scenes photos here (no chris):

http://spacebetweendreams.tumblr.com/post/17922313575/struck-by-lightning-behind-the-scenes-part-1

Thanks Fantastica for this link Smile

I'm totally in love with this trailer, I've even downloaded it to see it over and over Razz But I'm more desperate now that I was a week ago and sadly there's not even a date of release dryy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 12:00 am

I recommend you watch it over and over again on youtube, so it will add to the count. I can't believe there already so many SBL trailors on youtube, many labeled "official". the most viewed one already had almost 200,000 on it. It's amazing! And CNN loved it too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 12:40 am

Watch Glee's Chris Colfer Light Up the Big Screen with Struck By Lightning
Posted 02.20.12 by Katie

The multi-talented Chris Colfer of Glee proves that he is a modern-day Renaissance man in the new trailer for Struck By Lightning, which he stars in and wrote. From the looks of the trailer, it seems as though Colfer's transition from TV to film will be an easy one and widely accepted by critics and fans alike.

Struck By Lightning is a comedy about an ambitious high schooler who uses blackmail to get more students to contribute to his literary magazine, increasing his odds of being accepted to the school of his dreams. Alongside Colfer is a stellar cast of celebs that includes Allison Janney, Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids), Sarah Hyland (Modern Family), and Dermot Mulroney.

Reelz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 12:52 am

More articles at:

Zap2it

talkmoviesworld.com

these 2 articles especially the second one are so full of factural errors I don't feel like posting them. but if you want LOL go read them (specially the second one)

Last edited by fantastica on 2/21/2012, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 12:54 am

Watch 'Glee' star Chris Colfer in the Movie Trailer for 'Struck by Lightning'

Rana Meyer

You may love him as Kurt Hummel on Glee every week, but now get ready to love Chris Colfer even more.

Chris is making his film debut in Struck by Lightning, and he not only stars in the film but he wrote it, too!

The movie tells the story of an outcast at his high school who wants to be a writer and decides to blackmail his fellow castmates into contributing to his literary journal.

Allison Janney stars as Chris' mom, with Rebel Wilson, who you will probably remember from her hysterical turn in Bridesmaids, as his partner-in-crime. Modern Family's Sarah Hyland is part of the cast as well!

Check out the trailer below! Are you excited to see this film?

okmagazine.com
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 2:42 am

MOVIE NEWS
Glee' Chris Colfer Branches Out In Struck By Lightning Trailer
discussioncomments published: 2012-02-20 09:32:19 Author: Kristy Puchko
Not long after Glee became a sensation, the show's out and proud breakout star Chris Colfer began scoring development deals to spin his buzz and charisma into new projects. It was little more than a year ago that we first heard of Colfer's Struck By Lightning, a high school-set comedy he wrote to star in. At the time we pondered if this would be enough of a departure from Glee to display Colfer's range, but the film's first trailer—courtesy of E!--immediately assuages that concern. Colfer clearly didn't want his movie's protagonist to be Kurt 2.0. Though he's once again cast as an outcast, there's no singing, dancing or flamboyant knitwear being boasted in Struck By Lightning. Thankfully, the wicked sense of humor he's displayed on Glee is intact.

Cinemablend.com
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 2:49 am

This is one of the comments beneath the CNN sbl trailor news (see above). I am quote this person because I love what he/she wrote:

My sole complaint about Mr. Colfer is that he makes me feel inadequate as a human being. He has accomplished more at the age of twenty-one than most people, myself included, can hope to accomplish in a lifetime. He is extremely talented, very compassionate, truly funny, and maintains impeccable grace even while under tremendous strain from bigots and ***holes who think that insulting and berating him will make them more manly. The rest of us know that they secretly wish they were half the man Mr. Colfer is. I look forward to this young man's future accomplishments and I will most certainly be seeing his film (and buying his book).

- MashaSobaka

that's exactly how many of us (if not all of us) feel! rooots
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 10:03 am

^except for the "most certainly" thing at the end: it's "certainly sure" in my case ^^

fantastica wrote:More articles at:

Zap2it

talkmoviesworld.com

these 2 articles especially the second one are so full of factural errors I don't feel like posting them. but if you want LOL go read them (specially the second one)
Lol@the second one. I think they just repost sth they wrote long ago, to go with the trailer.

Hot Trailer: Chris Colfer Is "Struck By Lightning"
Tired of seeing Chris Colfer always take the high road on Glee? Ready to see him have his Mean Girls moment? The Struck By Lightning is for you. Likely paralleling Colfer's own desire to leave small town high school life that he's spoken about in interviews since we met him, here he's determined to get into journalism school at Northwestern, but he's just not wowing people with his school newspaper. What's a desperate boy at the bottom of the social ladder to do? Create a literary magazine and blackmail the entire school into writing for it, including the popular kids.

Written and starring Colfer, Struck By Lightning sports an all-star cast including Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland, Allison Janney, and Robbie Amell's biceps. The feel of the movie harkens back to some classic teen films, and it's shot in an overexposed style that conveys the outlook of the character.

But will Gleeks flock to the theater later this year to support Colfer? Are we looking at the beginning of his unstoppable career? Hopefully the answer is yes.

AfterElton
________________________________________________________________________________________

Trailer: Chris Colfer And Rebel Wilson Get 'Struck By Lightning'
Chris Colfer, who you may recognise as the boy eunuch tenor-alto-whatever from the little musical television show that could, Glee, has written, produced and starred in the upcoming indie film 'Struck By Lightning' - the trailer for which lies below.

Like Glee, Lightning looks pretty - well, like Glee (with a side of Election), minus the spontaneous outbreaks into song, and hopefully with half the dose of preachy feel-good morality. Two-time Golden Globe winner Colfer wrote himself as an overachieving aspiring writer who blackmails the various cliques at his high school into contributing to his literary journal in the hopes of bolstering his college application. If you ignore the absolutely terrible typeface and sub-par sound effects (and editing in general) on the trailer, it almost looks kind of promising with a pretty great supporting cast, including Our Rebel (Wilson), Alison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney and Sarah Hyland, who appears to be borrowing pretty heavily from her Modern Family character.

The film was directed by Brian Dannelly (of similar high-school Christ clique comedy Saved!) and is yet to receive a distributor or a release date, yet it still manages to look like the most promising thing graduate from Glee since Britney made a cameo.

PedestrianTV

Chris Colfer Gets Struck By Lightning!
We're going to say it right now.

Chris Colfer is on his way to being an even BIGGER star than he already is!

Check out the trailer for the Glee actor's new film, which he wrote on top of starring in, Struck By Lightning, which focuses on his character as he blackmails his classmates into participating in a literary magazine he founded, in hopes to get into his dream college!

Between the writing, the cast, and his obviously FANTASTIC performance, we are TOO EXCITED to see this!

How about U?

PerezHilton

Trailer Watch: 'Struck By Lightning,' the New Film Written By and Starring 'Glee' Star Chris Colfer
We all know Chris Colfer as the adorable Kurt Hummel on Glee, but it turns out he's got a lot more up his sleeve than just singing, dancing, and quipping one-liners. Colfer wrote (!!!) and stars in a brand new film called Struck By Lightning, about a high schooler with dreams of attending Northwestern University and embarking on a successful writing career. But in order to get into the college of his dreams and put his life plan in motion, he's got to convince his fellow high school students to help him put together a literary magazine.

Struck By Lightning has quite the star-studded cast. In this one trailer alone, I spotted Allison Janney, Dermot Mulroney, Christina Hendricks, Modern Family's Sarah Hyland, Bridesmaids' Rebel Wilson, and The Office's Angela Kinsey. And, of course, Colfer himself.

And Colfer's already got several more writing projects lined up. In addition to his recent deal to write two children's novels, he's got another screenplay in the works – an as-yet unnamed film scheduled to film this coming summer!

Will you be going to see Struck By Lightning when it opens in theaters?

HollyWire

Welcome Back, Scott Speedman
Here's a trailer for the very low-budge looking Struck by Lightning, a movie written by and starring Glee's resident ghost Chris Colfer. It looks like a pretty standard-grade high school loner movie, except he managed to get a bunch of bold names — Allison Janey, Dylan McDermot Mulroney, Christina Hendricks — to be in it. So it sort of has a high profile, even though it looks like it was filmed using Lifetime original movie film stock. Eh, good for Kurt. He deserves it. Now we eagerly await the first trailer for Lea Michele's writing debut, Lea Michele is Lea Michele in "Lea Michele!" a New Movie Musical All About Lea Michele. That's gonna be quite something.

The Atlantic Wire

The shades at Lea Michele in the last one Laughing
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 3:29 pm

^ that last one.... obviously from someone who hates Glee w/ a passion. btw all indie movies have that "low budget" look because they don't rely on expensive digital color correction and special effects to make eye candies. There are plenty of visually stunning movies that are utterly garbage substance wise. Ultimately it's good story telling w/ interesting characters and convincing acting that make a movie memorable. When the audience feels emotionally connected to the story and/or its characters, you have a winner here.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 3:45 pm

^ From what I've seen on their site, they seems more into movies than tv, so I guess they see every tv serie like a poor thing. Anyway, I thought that the "old" effect of the image on the trailer was deliberate, it gives a particular atmosphere.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Struck By Lightning Zaps Glee Star Into Darker Comedy
By Angela Watercutter February 21, 2012 |

Struck By Lightning Trailer StruckByLightning

Struck By Lightning is about a high school student who isn’t above blackmailing fellow students into writing for a literary magazine in order to get into Northwestern University. But the making of Struck By Lightning feels like Revenge of the Nerds.

The film (see the first trailer below) was written by its star, Chris Colfer, who most people know as show-choir fashionista Kurt Hummel on Glee. In Struck By Lightning he plays Carson, a manipulative loser who will do just about anything to make his classmates’ lives miserable — and make his magazine a success.

In real life, Colfer was a bullied kid who was “the only member of the writer’s club” in high school. He went on to become a star thanks to Glee, made the Time 100 list last year and now has written a film lampooning students in the small town of Clover (Colfer, we’re presuming it’s no coincidence, is from Clovis, California).

If that’s not a dish served cold, we don’t know what is. And from the looks of it, the ingredients in Lightning are delicious.

First off, the film was directed by Brian Dannelly, whose 2004 dark comedy Saved! put hip Christians on blast in a way so unparalleled it made teen pregnancy seem fun and Mandy Moore seem indie. Then there are performances by Allison Janney (Carson’s mother), Angela Kinsey and Christina Hendricks, all of whom seem incapable of an unpalatable performance.

Finally, there’s the icing on the cake: Bridesmaids‘ Rebel Wilson, who plays Carson’s awkward sidekick and snaps back at a blackmail-denying cheerleader by saying their fellow students “will believe, because we will spread that shit like Nutella.”

No official release date has been set for Struck By Lightning but it should come out sometime this year. Anyone else hungry for more?

Wired
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck By Lightning Trailer Empty SBL

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 8:16 pm

I think it is just grand that out of the 24 articles I looked at yesterday, only 2 were mildly negative. Even most of the "responses" I have seen at sites have been positive and a lot from people who know who Chris is but don't watch Glee anymore. I cannot wait to hear what his next movie is about!! He is soooooo young and has accomplished so much. Glee will only be a small part of his resume!

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 8:28 pm

i can only imagine what his movies would be like when he's my age. I hope I live long enough to see lots of his movies.

about Shinra's comment about a particular "atmospher", I think they do try to portray the town/school as somewhat depressing place, a place of small-town minded people where an ambitious kid like Carson would want to escape from. it's not a cute and exiting seaside resort, or a place where you feel nostolgic about. It's a boring depressing town.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 3:57 pm

What’s better than watching 21-year-old Chris Colfer play the flamboyant role of Kurt on Glee? Well … nothing. However, his leading role in the upcoming movie (which he wrote!) Struck by Lightning looks pretty darn epic. The movie follows Colfer’s character Carson Phillips as he recalls blackmailing his fellow high school classmates into contributing to a literary magazine he was working on.

Believe me — this looks hilarious! Colfer’s Kurt-tastic charm is there in full force, and personally, I can’t wait to see him work his magic on the big screen.

Plus, just wait until you see the star-studded cast! I’m talking big names like Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks, Allison Janney, and Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland.

This movie has sort of a Juno vibe, don’t you agree? That could just be because Allison Janney is playing the mother figure again.

It’ll be interesting to see how Colfer does outside of McKinley High. Considering this film puts his character right back into high school, I don’t see there being a drastic difference between the two characters. When Chris steps out of high school roles and into something bigger, though, that’s when I think we’ll really see him shine. With the right project and his caliber of talent, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him up for an Academy Award within the next few years.

“People say he wouldn’t have been so “lucky” if he wasn’t playing TV’s token gay teen. Well, let me tell you something. Untalented people don’t sing, act, and land book deals. Chris Colfer’s the real deal, people.”

The Stir
http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/133425/chris_colfer_in_struck_by
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 4:10 pm

^ aside from one comment which i believe is written by GleeAddict every other comments are very positive.

this trailor has been posted in many different websites, who are watched not only by die hard colfer fans but non-gleekers too. the fact that the majority of comments are very positive is a good sign. even the negative comments are obviously from haters who went out their way to bash him, rather than sensible constructive criticisms. There sure will be such criticisms when people actually see hte movies, but every movies has its critics, so i am not worried. I am very proud of this kid.

Let's have our finger crossed that the actual movies will be as good as the trailor.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 5:08 pm

fantastica wrote:^ aside from one comment which i believe is written by GleeAddict every other comments are very positive.

this trailor has been posted in many different websites, who are watched not only by die hard colfer fans but non-gleekers too. the fact that the majority of comments are very positive is a good sign. even the negative comments are obviously from haters who went out their way to bash him, rather than sensible constructive criticisms. There sure will be such criticisms when people actually see hte movies, but every movies has its critics, so i am not worried. I am very proud of this kid.

Let's have our finger crossed that the actual movies will be as good as the trailor.

That's her.She said the same thing on tumblr.She also has lots of accounts on every site,but no one takes her serious cause she is mental unhealthy.
Anyway,I'm very picky about movies,there are very few movies can inpress me tbh.I'd say SBL seems fine to me,mainly I'm really inpressed by Chris' writing.Those lines are so witty.Some people say SBL is like Mean Girls,these people definitely have not seen too many movies or good movies.Then people(like The Stir)say it has sort of Juno vibe,I can see where they come from,but to me,SBL reminds me of Thelma and Louise and Donnie Darko.It has lots of 80s and 90s movie vibe.Its colour and lighting is so bright and broad,just makes people more easy to see the big picture.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next