Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck by Lightning Main thread

+53
mae55
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
bayth
M&M
coxfire
Catt24
msjoanlucette
Ranwing
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Piciollina
tamara04
Adamina
ladydianab
FunnyLady
Eaton2011
zuppid
Sani
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
CCfan93
Heyerchick
Esme
Buenos
E-ko
valkeakuulas
fountain
paulopf
Divalicious
Glorfindel
mellama
sahhar
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Delight
Sminky
ColferInspired
arina
Coolbeans3131
ry_kurtsie
tanita_mors
brisallie
ColferGirl
Shinra17
dap1217
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
fantastica
57 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 6:37 pm

The main thing is Wide Distribution. And by wide I don't mean it being in a handful of art house/indie theaters in major cities. I mean it being in all major theater chains. If it's only show in art houses you know most of its target demographics - the teens and youngsters, won't go there. This is a movie deserves to be seen by more than CC fans. It should be shown in the same theaters that show The mainstream big studio movies, but only the big distributors associated w/ the big studios (like Miramax, Fox Searchlight etc.) has that ability.

Although not get my hopes up too high, I will be happy even if it only gets to the select art house/indie theaters of major cities. The majority of indie movies dont get shown at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 6:58 pm

^I think it might be somewhere between the two extremes, like it gets shown in mainstream theaters, but for a somewhat limited amount of time, and not in all of them. The teen fans who really want to see it now and live in the US will go even with limited release though, I think.

Although not get my hopes up too high, I will be happy even if it only gets to the select art house/indie theaters of major cities. The majority of indie movies dont get shown at all.
IKR, I still haven't been able to find Coriolanus. The annoying thing is indie movies are so much better than mainstream ones as a whole, even some are better than a few of this years Best Picture nominees IMO.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/20/2012, 1:13 am

Tribeca's trending film list:
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 000cs6cr
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/20/2012, 5:10 am

Delight wrote:His hair was the first thing I noticed as well Razz . So wavy and soft-looking.... And no, I'm not creepy at all.

Makes me kinda wish that they wouldn't gel Kurt's hair up so stiffly on the show. How much of these hair products can you put on before some lasting damage is done?

For me too.
I am surprised Chris does not have his "HIGH" hairstyle this time, lately it seemed that with every new public appearance his hair was higher and higher :-D
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2012, 12:08 pm

Can I just say that if they do an audience Q&A, I hope that they prescreen the questions to ensure that they are legitimately about the movie and not the crap questions that he got from 75% of the people at the New Yorker Festival?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 3:21 am

New stills and behind the scene pictures for Struck by Lightning :

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bn7luEBV1r2tx2g
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bn7luEBV1r2tx2go2_1280
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bn7luEBV1r2tx2go3_1280
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bn7luEBV1r2tx2go4_1280

Sourcehttp://struckbylightning.tumblr.com/post/19771864235/new-stills-and-behind-the-scene-pictures-for
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 6:02 am

I love especially this one:

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bntnmJHc1qmf0wgo1_500
How can he be the same person as this cutie :-))

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m169hkLKqb1qhdh10o1_500

Last edited by arina on 3/23/2012, 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2012, 7:24 am

Wait. He's not sitting like Kurt. Why aren't his legs crossed? Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/23/2012, 7:58 am

Carson couldn't be more different from Kurt (well, except that they look alike... tonguue ). It's good to see that Chris is able to shed all Kurt-conditioned mannerisms when he's playing Carson, though I had expected nothing less.

I think Malerie is probably the only character in the movie that Carson is actually nice to. It'd be interesting to see how good a comedic actress Rebel can be. Chris had alluded to this fact several times already.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 8:27 am

Delight wrote:Carson couldn't be more different from Kurt (well, except that they look alike... tonguue ). It's good to see that Chris is able to shed all Kurt-conditioned mannerisms when he's playing Carson, though I had expected nothing less.

I think Malerie is probably the only character in the movie that Carson is actually nice to. It'd be interesting to see how good a comedic actress Rebel can be. Chris had alluded to this fact several times already.
I think Malerie is going to be one of or maybe even the most favorite character in the movie, I know that few people who saw it said she had the best lines a she was very noticeable in the trailer as well. I am also very curious about Rebel, especially with Chris together :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/23/2012, 10:27 am

arina wrote:Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m1bntnmJHc1qmf0wgo1_500
wub wub wub (the undershirt though T_T)
To think that Carson is also gay, it's quite interesting and smart from Chris, cos it will shut the mouth of the part of the LBGT community who blame him for giving a stereotypical and effiminate representation of a gay with Kurt.

arina wrote:How can he be the same person as this cutie :-))
cos he's an actor tonguue
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2012, 4:50 pm

Shinra17 wrote:

To think that Carson is also gay, it's quite interesting and smart from Chris, cos it will shut the mouth of the part of the LBGT community who blame him for giving a stereotypical and effiminate representation of a gay with Kurt.

I thought it was a rumor that Carson was gay too or is been confirmed? Because if he is, as you have said I'm glad he's showing another side of it and not the typical stereotype ¬¬ BTW he looks good in those pictures, so different from Kurt; well I have said that I see more of Chris on Carson Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 5:29 pm

I think it was said it is not specified in the movie if Carson is gay or not, his sexuality is not important for the movie.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/23/2012, 5:49 pm

^ cf=> the interview of Brian Dannelly: Carson is outed. It's not exactly that his sexuality is not significant for the movie, it's rather his homosexuality doesn't matter, I think.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2012, 7:06 pm

I wish he never even mentioned his sexuality. but I will see why he even bother to throw in that line there after I see the movie myself.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2012, 8:55 pm

fantastica wrote:I wish he never even mentioned his sexuality. but I will see why he even bother to throw in that line there after I see the movie myself.

Probably it will be more like a joke than an statement, as you have said is not the most important thing in the movie.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/24/2012, 3:28 am

People who saw it said that his sexuality is not mentioned in the movie at all and I think someone said there is line which can't be interpreted in more ways, so it's probably up to people what they think, how they understood it...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/24/2012, 4:39 am

This is some other work from that girl who made that SBL poster Chris tweeted about:

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0bo3_r3_500
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0b
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 7 Tumblr_m076dopech1qgwc0b

I knw it's just fan art work, but still... it makes me excited, I am curious how the real one will look like!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/24/2012, 5:01 am

banzai Those are awesome!
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 6:30 am

arina wrote:People who saw it said that his sexuality is not mentioned in the movie at all and I think someone said there is line which can't be interpreted in more ways, so it's probably up to people what they think, how they understood it...
I remember having read another review where the person literally said that it was a queer film and was afraid that it might only be shown in small LGBT distribution circuit lol. I guess we'll have to see it by ourselves to make it clear...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:39 am

ok, what exactly is a "queer film"? they say Glee is "too gay", what exact is a gay movie/show? how can a show be gay aside from having gay characters? i don't get it. movies don't have sex w/ other movies for me to figure out what gender it belongs to.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 6:44 am

^ is "too gay" => make you think too much about gay people, gay culture? lol it would be funny if movies could mate and have baby movies.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/24/2012, 6:46 am

fantastica wrote:ok, what exactly is a "queer film"? they say Glee is "too gay", what exact is a gay movie/show? how can a show be gay aside from having gay characters? i don't get it. movies don't have sex w/ other movies for me to figure out what gender it belongs to.

Reply to the bolded. I know. I don't get it either.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/24/2012, 7:00 am

Shinra17 wrote:^ is "too gay" => make you think too much about gay people, gay culture? lol it would be funny if movies could mate and have baby movies.

I think some deluded people want to live in their own bubble where no one is gay... suure

And I want movies to mate and give us baby movies-instant crossovers!

I love the second behind the scenes picture so much, it may very well be one of my favorites Smile
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/24/2012, 7:01 am

It does not matter if he is gay or not after all but it would be really shame if SBL was only shown in small LGBT distribution circuit... But fortunately it does not seem to be that case!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next