Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Lottie2303 11/13/2013, 8:03 am

^ My parents just have been to Bulgaria recently. They really liked it neutre 

Amazon.de is great to purchase all Chris products. I just told my sister that I want TloS2 as audiobook for my Christmas present please wub 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  valkeakuulas 11/13/2013, 6:03 pm

I think a lot of European publishing houses are on a tight rope. All of them have increased translated fiction in their catalogues, but they are mostly bestsellers or series...so hopefully if all of the parts reach the TOP 10 in the NY Times List more European book houses will take LOS on board.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/30/2013, 10:04 pm

Copying some of Chris' recent tweets here, as they are about TLoS in general:

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3a6xgc2G1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3awwEFYJ1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3b0luNWa1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3b8wCmVU1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3bghISHo1qe476yo1_r1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3cexOCVn1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3cgscco01qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3ciyyzij1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3nponJZg1qe476yo1_r1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3ntu5wJJ1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3oewmJoq1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3ovgN9iZ1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/30/2013, 10:16 pm

This tweet has my interest:

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_mx3b8wCmVU1qe476yo1_500

"Someone pretty cool"........ bubgum  danse3 

Also notice that when they asked him if TLoS would be turned into a movie he said he wasn't ready yet and it needed to be a book for a while first. But when they suggest a musical he's like: "Sure!"

And this isn't the first time he tweeted about having talked with people about TLoS becoming a musical.
Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! panik
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/1/2013, 5:37 am

It does have all the ingredients. Two leads, a male and female and then several characters that all can have a song and a introduction or their own and good villains and comedic reliefs.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieRulz 1/19/2014, 5:53 pm

Does anyone watch Sister Wives? It's a show on TLC about a family of polygamists living in Vegas, my guilty pleasure! One of the daughters away at college got a care package from her parents (Dad and Wife #3 LOL) and the main gift in there was TLOS!!!

Chris has conservative polygamist fans, that's how far his reach is!
JamieRulz
JamieRulz
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/19/2014, 9:26 pm

JamieRulz wrote:Does anyone watch Sister Wives?  It's a show on TLC about a family of polygamists living in Vegas, my guilty pleasure!  One of the daughters away at college got a care package from her parents (Dad and Wife #3 LOL) and the main gift in there was TLOS!!!

Hi, and welcome.  baibai

An Armish man did turn up to one of Chris's book signings for TLOS, and a guy that appeared to have come just come out of prison did as well.

I think Chris tweeted about the Armish man.

And I don't think I get that show where I come from. But it sounds interesting.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/19/2014, 9:40 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
JamieRulz wrote:Does anyone watch Sister Wives?  It's a show on TLC about a family of polygamists living in Vegas, my guilty pleasure!  One of the daughters away at college got a care package from her parents (Dad and Wife #3 LOL) and the main gift in there was TLOS!!!

Hi, and welcome.  baibai

An Armish man did turn up to one of Chris's book signings for TLOS, and a guy that appeared to have come just come out of prison did as well.

Sounds interesting. Did you mean an Amish man turned up to one of Chris's book signings for TLOS.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/19/2014, 9:59 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Hi, and welcome.  baibai

Sounds interesting.  Did you mean an Amish man turned up to  one  of Chris's  book signings  for  TLOS.

Yes, that was a typo. I meant Amish.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/19/2014, 10:02 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Hi, and welcome.  baibai

Sounds interesting.  Did you mean an Amish man turned up to  one  of Chris's  book signings  for  TLOS.

Yes, that was a typo. I meant Amish.  neutre

Thought so, I make typos a lot.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/6/2014, 3:26 pm

As the cover of Book Three: A Grimm Warning is revealed here—it will be released July 8 – Colfer, 23, tells USA TODAY he may keep the series going.

"I'm very happy with the fourth book (announced last fall for 2015) being the conclusion," but, "I can't say it will be the final story. I love these characters too much to completely abandon them."
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/15/2014, 5:13 am

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2014, 12:23 am

Love the red cover.  wub 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2014, 8:39 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n1iuleW5Ch1qe476yo1_500
 hiphopa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 2/25/2014, 7:33 am

I watched my niece in her pantomime the other day she's a theatre nerd very talented and I am not biased lol any way during her time away from the stage she always brings a book to read and I noticed she was reading tlos1 I said to he I thought you had read that, I'm reading it again it's really good and funny, and she kept reading out bits to he cast mates, at the end of uh night I heard a couple of the kids asking the parents for the book I felt so proud ( guess who bought her the books)
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 12:45 pm

I really think that the LOS is a franchise that isn't going to end after 5 books, and it seems it's going to get increasing sales as it's fanbase increases with more readership.  Smile 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 2:35 am

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/books-and-literature/best-selling-books-for-the-week-that-ended-march/article_38ee069d-d6b7-5bf3-ace4-57266128dc0e.html

Here are the best-selling books from Publishers Weekly for the week that ended March 2.

CHILDREN/

YOUNG ADULTS

9. “Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns” • Chris Colfer

Here are the best-sellers at area independent stores for the week that ended March 2. Stores reporting: the Book House, Left Bank Books, Main Street Books, Subterranean Books.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2014, 4:51 pm

Found this on tumblr:

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n3lve5Te4c1qkskzzo1_r1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n3lve5Te4c1qkskzzo2_250  The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n3lve5Te4c1qkskzzo3_250

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n3lve5Te4c1qkskzzo4_r1_500
x
 Razz  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 4/17/2014, 10:49 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Photo_36
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 11:17 am

"The books [TLOS Books] are being used to teach in classrooms across the country which I think is the biggest compliments an author could ever get….In California there’s a bunch of teachers and librarians lobbying for them to become required reading for second and third grade, so I mean, it doesn’t get better than that" - Chris Colfer on his Land Of Stories Book Series”
Chris Colfer - source

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno1_250  The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno2_250

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno3_250  The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno4_250

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno5_250  The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ivymnOKJ1tz6hbno6_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/19/2014, 7:43 am

A week ago I read a tumblr post about a 'war' between Amazon and Hachette books, and how it might delay the delivery of TLoS3 'A Grimm Warning'. Here it is:

Writers Feel an Amazon-Hachette Spat - NYTimes.com

The world’s biggest bookstore is a bit smaller these days.
Amazon’s secret campaign to discourage customers from buying books by Hachette, one of the big New York publishers, burst into the open on Friday.
The uneasy relationship between the retailer and the writing community, which needs Amazon but fears its power, immediately soured as authors took to Twitter to denounce what they saw as bullying.
Among Amazon’s tactics against Hachette, some of which it has been employing for months, are charging more for its books and suggesting that readers might enjoy instead a book from another author. If customers for some reason persist and buy a Hachette book anyway, Amazon is saying it will take weeks to deliver it.
The scorched-earth tactics arose out of failed contract negotiations. Amazon was seeking better terms, Hachette was balking, so Amazon began cutting it off. Writers from Malcolm Gladwell to J. D. Salinger are affected, although some Hachette authors were unscathed.
On both sides, the stakes are high. Amazon controls about a third of the book business, which means big publishers cannot live without it. But Amazon risks alienating readers as well as authors, and undermining its carefully wrought image as the consumer’s friend.
“What we are seeing is a classic case of muscle-flexing,” said Andrew Rhomberg, founder of Jellybooks, an e-book discovery site. “Kind of like Vladimir Putin mobilizing his troops along the Ukrainian border.”
As accusations flew, the two antagonists kept a low profile. Hachette stressed it was shipping orders promptly and yet Amazon was still showing the books as being unavailable. Amazon, as usual, declined to say anything at all.
[url=http://The scorched-earth tactics arose out of failed contract negotiations. Amazon was seeking better terms, Hachette was balking, so Amazon began cutting it off. Writers from Malcolm Gladwell to J. D. Salinger are affected, although some Hachette authors were unscathed. On both sides, the stakes are high. Amazon controls about a third of the book business, which means big publishers cannot live without it. But Amazon risks alienating readers as well as authors, and undermining its carefully wrought image as the consumer%E2%80%99s friend. %E2%80%9CWhat we are seeing is a classic case of muscle-flexing,%E2%80%9D said Andrew Rhomberg, founder of Jellybooks, an e-book discovery site. %E2%80%9CKind of like Vladimir Putin mobilizing his troops along the Ukrainian border.%E2%80%9D As accusations flew, the two antagonists kept a low profile. Hachette stressed it was shipping orders promptly and yet Amazon was still showing the books as being unavailable. Amazon, as usual, declined to say anything at all.]Read more at nytimes.com[/url]

Very important to note, Chris’ books are through Hachette. And on a quick search, Grimm Warning is going for $18 at amazon and $11.80 at Barnes. TLOS2 will ship in 1-3 weeks from amazon, and immediately from Barnes.
Might I suggest, not buying his book from Amazon this summer?
dontbefanci.tumblr

I found out this morning that my copy of the TLoS3 book, which I ordered at amazon.co.uk, won’t arrive till at least July 31th, which is more than 3 weeks after its release-date.
I ordered the same book (TLoS3) at the German amazon store, amazon.de, too (delivery to the Netherlands is often faster from Germany, and my daughter wants her own copy anyway) and they have July 18th as a delivery date, which is still 10 days after the release-date (when normally books ship from Germany to the Netherlands within 1-2 days).

So this story is definitely true, and it’s despicable.  :angry: 

I cancelled both books plus the audiobook, which I also ordered at amazon, and ordered them again at bol.com (a Dutch site) instead, who say they’ll deliver right after the release-date. For Germany I recommend eBook.de.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/19/2014, 8:05 am

Yes, the Hachette Group vs. Amazon is very real indeed.  :angry: 

Look out for your local net bookstores instead. Many European internet bookstores are capable of delievering the same books as Amazon and even at the same prizes, if not even cheaper. Besides Amazon ended their free-delievery options recently, so take that into account when your own bookstore pricing might be a little bit higher.

Let's get innovative with our orders and get Chris the bought numbers the week after the release and not months after.

If you live in Finland, Sweden or Norway: use Adlibris for his books; swift delievery and very compatible pricing.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/19/2014, 8:41 am

I never use Amazon.

I ordered my copy three weeks ago.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/20/2014, 4:39 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 25 Tumblr_n5ugqymeGE1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2014, 8:50 pm

(Double posting in the TLoS3 thread.)

The war between Amazon and Hachette continues:

Amazon Tensions With Book Publisher Boil Over

Growing tensions in the book publishing industry have led Amazon to block pre-orders from Hachette, the publisher home to popular writers such as Malcolm Gladwell and James Patterson.
The move by Amazon is the culmination of an ongoing contract dispute between the two, with Hachette believed to be taking a stand against Amazon demands for better terms. Numerous upcoming books from the publisher are now listed as "currently unavailable" on Amazon, the New York Times found.

Amazon has come under pressure recently to generate greater profits from its massive revenue stream. One way to do this is to push companies that sell products on its platform to offer a greater share of the money generated from e-books. This puts publishers in a difficult position of relying on Amazon for sales while trying to negotiate revenue sharing.
The blocked titles include preorders for J.K. Rowling's upcoming novel The Silkworm, written under the pen name of Robert Galbraith, which is set to be released on June 24 in the United States.

In some cases, prices have risen dramatically, with the audio version of the upcoming book from Anne Rivers Siddons, The Girls of August, now costing $62.99 on preorder. The hardcover and e-book are not available.
Authors took to social media to encourage customers to go through Barnes & Noble or independent booksellers.

Amazon had been using various tactics to make Hachette offerings less appealing, removing discounts and allowing for shipping delays. The moves have drawn varied criticism as well as concern over the power that the company wields over publishers.

(more at the source)
The audiobook of TLoS is now priced at £50.50 ($85,00 USD / EUR56.53)   schockeed  at Amazon.co.uk.

This is f*cking ridiculous.  :angry:

The audiobook only costs:
- $16.87 at barnesandnoble.com (USA)
- £15.98 at waterstones.com (England)
- EUR19.49 at bol.com (The Netherlands)
- EUR21.69 at ebook.de (Deutschland)

So I strongely suggest people who haven't ordered TLoS3 yet to do so anywhere else but at Amazon.

-ETA-
People are saying that the hardcover book of TLoS is "currently unavailable" on Amazon now. But you can still pre-order the book at the same onlie stores as listed above, or simply at your local bookstore.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/23/2014, 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next