Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  bayth 10/17/2013, 2:38 pm

More with announcement of fans suggesting tour spots.

October 17, 2013 01:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On the heels of the international success of his Land of Stories series, #1 New York Times bestselling author and award-winning actor Chris Colfer will publish two new books in the popular series, as well as his debut picture book, with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, it was announced today by Megan Tingley, Executive Vice President and Publisher. The acquisition for world rights was made by Andrew Smith, Senior Vice President, Deputy Publisher, and Alvina Ling, Executive Editorial Director, who will edit the books, with Colfer’s literary agent, Rob Weisbach of Rob Weisbach Creative Management, acting on behalf of Colfer.

“The fan support and love for these characters has been more than a dream come true—I’m humbled and excited to be able to share these new adventures with my readers.”

Book Three in Colfer’s Land of Stories series is scheduled to be released in fall 2014 with the fourth book following in 2015. Both books will be simultaneously available in hardcover, ebook, and audio book editions. In addition, Colfer will publish an original picture book, The Curvy Tree, in spring 2015. Illustrated by Brandon Dorman, the picture book will be based on a tale from Colfer’s The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, which brought readers on a quest filled with magic spells, laugh-out-loud humor, and page-turning adventure.

In response to the overwhelming enthusiasm and fan excitement for the Land of Stories series, Colfer is inviting fans to decide which city he will visit for a newly added tour stop for The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns. Beginning October 17 through November 1, fans will have the opportunity to vote to decide which city in the US will win a book signing with Chris Colfer. Fans can vote once a day, each day at TheLandofStories.com. The city with the most votes will not only host Colfer’s final book signing on his Fall 2013 tour, but customers at the event will be the first to learn the official title of The Land of Stories book three.

“The Land of Stories has been an incredible journey for me as a writer, and I am so happy the series has a home at Little, Brown Books for Young Readers,” remarked Chris Colfer. “The fan support and love for these characters has been more than a dream come true—I’m humbled and excited to be able to share these new adventures with my readers.”

“Beginning with his spectacular turn hosting the BookExpo America Children’s Breakfast in 2012 and continuing with the excellent critical reception of his books, Chris Colfer has proven he is an exceptionally talented and committed author with a passionate fan base,” commented Megan Tingley. “We look forward to sharing more enthralling tales from the Land of Stories with his legions of fans.”

Hailed as a “comic and ironic adventure” by USA Today and praised for “its combination of earnestness and playful poise” by the New York Times Book Review, the Land of Stories series combines our modern-day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairy tales. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, twins Alex and Conner Bailey leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic, where they come face-to-face with the characters they grew up reading about. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell launched in July 2012 and shot to the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestsellers List. The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns, published in August 2013, is a New York Times bestseller as well.

ABOUT CHRIS COLFER

Chris Colfer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and a Golden Globe–winning actor best known for his role as Kurt Hummel on Glee. He was honored as a member of the TIME 100, Time magazine’s annual list of the one hundred most influential people in the world, and his books include Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal, The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, and The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns.

Colfer is represented by Inphenate, Coast to Coast, ICM Partners, and Rob Weisbach Creative Management.

ABOUT LITTLE, BROWN BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers is a division of Hachette Book Group (HBG), a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the second-largest publisher in the world. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Nashville, and Hachette Digital. For more information, visit hbgusa.com.

Contacts

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Jennifer Corcoran, Director of Publicity
212-364-1548
jennifer.corcoran@hbgusa.com
source

Vote here daily
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Ranwing 10/17/2013, 3:49 pm

We broke the Land of Stories website.uhuhu
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/17/2013, 3:53 pm

Really? They need to invest more money into a bigger website. Razz Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 10/17/2013, 4:49 pm

fantastica wrote:Really? They need to invest more money into a bigger website. Razz Razz 
Aww damn. You guys broke it before I could vote! I had to wait until I was off work.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/17/2013, 5:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:We broke the Land of Stories website.uhuhu  
Oops. moque

Great news about books 3 and 4! panik
And a picture book as well.

Chris' tweets:
(cross-posting in the tweets thread)

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutqhnB48G1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr0cTVYe1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr4i7Lc91qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr4i7Lc91qe476yo2_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr4i7Lc91qe476yo3_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr7pCnyh1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutr7pCnyh1qe476yo2_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutwlbsdAo1qh5dyro1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/17/2013, 8:25 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mutzofdASt1qe476yo1_500
(cross-posting again)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/17/2013, 8:49 pm

I voted for Boston. Smile 

Would love it if he came to Australia. The books did do really well here.

At Dymocks the first one was in the best sellers, same as Angus Robertson.

Didn't see about the second one.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 10/17/2013, 9:00 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I voted for Boston. Smile 

You Europeans should vote for Detroit. It's an hour away from the border and I really want to meet Chris. Razz I won't be able to drive far as my car is broken and my sister has been giving me rides.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/17/2013, 9:49 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I voted for Boston. Smile 

You Europeans should vote for Detroit. It's an hour away from the border and I really want to meet Chris. razzI won't be able to drive far as my car is broken and my sister has been giving me rides.
I will tomorrow. Smile

There is more excitement for this then there is ones upset about Glee ending. Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/18/2013, 11:06 am

This is so exciting! I'm voting for Denver every chance I get.... tonguue

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/24/2013, 9:09 pm

I been voting back and fourth between Detroit and Boston.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/31/2013, 1:02 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mvikhbxFsu1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/5/2013, 5:41 am

nehemiah-saens:
One of my best friend, Nikki Schilling, wrote some music inspired by Chris Colfer’s novel “The Land of Stories - Wishing Spell”. Here the second song called “Heart of Stone”. I did the illustration.
She did an other song called ” The Land of Stories “, kind of a main theme. It’s on this post here
Nikki’s website: http://www.nikkischilling.com/
We actually gave a CD to Chris Colfer with these music and this illustration on the cover
This is just beautiful. wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/7/2013, 6:18 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mvtgueXAeZ1qe476yo1_500

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mvtgueXAeZ1qe476yo2_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/11/2013, 12:39 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mw3vb0pFZn1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/13/2013, 1:37 am

Now in Germany.

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mw6973gdq91qe476yo2_500The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mw6973gdq91qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 11/13/2013, 4:09 am

Isn't that from Belgium, not Germany?
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/13/2013, 4:17 am

Yes, that is the Belgium version. LoS isn't released in Germany yet.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/13/2013, 4:34 am

Wouldn't that Belgium version be the same as the Dutch version (same language after all)?  Shocked
The Dutch version has been around for a few months already.

There are some very minor differences between the Dutch and the Belgium language, but that's not grammatical, more slightly preferences for certain words. And I know that (animated) movies get dubbed by both Dutch and Belgium voice actors (so 2 versions), but that's mostly because of the different accents in their speech. 
But I'd really think there would be the same translation in books? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/13/2013, 5:11 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Yes, that is the Belgium version. LoS isn't released in Germany yet.
Isn't Germany both the most populous and wealthiest country of Western Europe? So I'm curious why some things seem to arrive there later than sooner...

Not a bash on Germany since I loved the country when I visited, more that I'm so impressed by Germany that it's puzzling some cultural stuff arrives there later .
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/13/2013, 5:27 am

^ You do not bash Germany at all, we actually share the same mindset for this particular case. I do not understand why LoS wasn't released here yet. Also that no immediate plans are known yet. For one because of the fairytale aspect which is a major part of our culture, but also business speaking wise. Germany is a very desired country to release products and services, as Germans are perceived as wealthy but also very loyal and passionate.

I assume it may be connected that Chris name really doesn't open any doors here, as Glee is very unknown. But considering the very well selling numbers and the fact LoS is turned into a series, it is a desirable book series that should be translated and released. I presume it is only a matter of time, but who knows.

I kind of hope for a "special treatment" once the book gets released here. I mean, the connection fairy tales and Germany cannot be missed by the publisher, Chris and his agent. He could do some very cool promotions visiting real sites (and not just Bavaria, my dear Chris Colfer, we have many other places as well vexe ). Also Chris visited German last summer, I kind of hope there may be a connection. Maybe that is actually the reason for the wait, as they need to find a time to get Chris to Germany and we all know his schedule is very full. Probably it is only wistful thinking anyway.

Long text, short summary: I have no freaking clue why Germany hasn't released LoS yet and it makes zero sense to me.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/13/2013, 5:39 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ You do not bash Germany at all, we actually share the same mindset for this particular case. I do not understand why LoS wasn't released here yet. Also that no immediate plans are known yet. For one because of the fairytale aspect which is a major part of our culture, but also business speaking wise. Germany is a very desired country to release products and services, as Germans are perceived as wealthy but also very loyal and passionate.

I assume it may be connected that Chris name really doesn't open any doors here, as Glee is very unknown. But considering the very well selling numbers and the fact LoS is turned into a series, it is a desirable book series that should be translated and released. I presume it is only a matter of time, but who knows.

I kind of hope for a "special treatment" once the book gets released here. I mean, the connection fairy tales and Germany cannot be missed by the publisher, Chris and his agent. He could do some very cool promotions visiting real sites (and not just Bavaria, my dear Chris Colfer, we have many other places as well vexe ). Also Chris visited German last summer, I kind of hope there may be a connection. Maybe that is actually the reason for the wait, as they need to find a time to get Chris to Germany and we all know his schedule is very full. Probably it is only wistful thinking anyway.

Long text, short summary: I have no freaking clue why Germany hasn't released LoS yet and it makes zero sense to me.
The only thing I can think of is that they didn't manage to agree on a deal with a publisher as soon as with other countries. Maybe it is in the pipes. Apart from that, there is no valid reason.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/13/2013, 7:13 am

I'm sure the LOS books will be released in Gemany soon, but I have absolutely no hope for my own country. Maybe some time in 2034 if we are that lucky. Thank God for Amazon or I would never get to see Chris' creations.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/13/2013, 7:25 am

sheny wrote:I'm sure the LOS books will be released in Gemany soon, but I have absolutely no hope for my own country. Maybe some time in 2034 if we are that lucky. Thank God for Amazon or I would never get to see Chris' creations.
Where do you live?!

Amazon.de sells LOS and I am not wild for the translated version anyway. So for me, I am fine. I am just a bit confused why from all the European countries it isn't sold in Germany. Sorry to sound arrogant, but it would be the first country I'd try to sell my rights to.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/13/2013, 7:52 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
sheny wrote:I'm sure the LOS books will be released in Gemany soon, but I have absolutely no hope for my own country. Maybe some time in 2034 if we are that lucky. Thank God for Amazon or I would never get to see Chris' creations.
Where do you live?!

Amazon.de sells LOS and I am not wild for the translated version anyway. So for me, I am fine. I am just a bit confused why from all the European countries it isn't sold in Germany. Sorry to sound arrogant, but it would be the first country I'd try to sell my rights to.
I prefer the original English version too, Amazon.de is exactly where I bought by TLOS and SBL books.
I live in Bulgaria unfortunately.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next