Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Divalicious 7/18/2012, 2:09 pm

I just got my hardback and audiobook copies in the mail!! I can't wait until my days off, I think I will put on Chris' lovely voice and read the book along with it.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fountain 7/18/2012, 4:02 pm

I got my copy the day it came out, I haven't started it yet, but I will this weekend, when I'm done with my school work. How's the audiobook? I'm really hoping it's good enough to get a Grammy nom (and maybe even a win)

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 4:06 pm

oh brother, keep your expectation reasonable! Razz not everything chris does will have something to do w/ awards. He's still young. one step at a time!

you know how many writers will DIE in order to be in Chris' shoes now? Forget about awards for now. getting it published and getting so much fanfare for its release is a HUGE accomplishment.

I don't have the audio book yet. will get it after I finish reading first.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  LeòdhasachColfer 7/18/2012, 4:20 pm

Land of Stories is number four in iTunes children's books Smile And may still be rising, it was at six yesterday.

LeòdhasachColfer
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fountain 7/18/2012, 4:53 pm

fantastica wrote:oh brother, keep your expectation reasonable! Razz not everything chris does will have something to do w/ awards. .

I can't help it, I'm just so excited for him Smile , and it would be a nice bit of irony for him to be one of the few (if only)Glee actors with a Grammy nom, especially when you consider how many of them are going into music.

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 5:14 pm

well chances are chris will have more chance for that because he will likely produce more audiobooks than most musicians produce albums. I assume he will record every book that he writes (and why not?) I do hope he talks MUCH slower when narating his books though. Sometimes I feel that he's reading, rather than telling a story (like some wise old man telling stories to a bunch of little kids). Next time I hope he has more time for recording so he needn't rush much. btw I haven't listened to the audio books yet, just based on the 1 second snip bits from tumblr, so I maybe completely wrong about his "speed" thing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/18/2012, 5:32 pm

I was hoping to meet Chris at his NYC book signing today, but it's nearly 100 degrees and now we're getting massive thunderstorms. And I found out that people have apparently been lining up since last night so... not going to happen today.

Ordered my copy on Amazon. Can't wait to have it in my hot little hands. Really kind of sad that I'm this excited over a kid's book. But... it's Chris, dammit!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/18/2012, 6:11 pm

A big kudos to all the fans who only asked Chris questions about LOS and not Glee or CrissColfer/Klaine, BRAVO. Very good livestream rooots .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/18/2012, 7:19 pm

That's right! It was hard to read the comments and watch Chris. I had a headache afterward but it was worth it. That was such a cool stream.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 7/18/2012, 9:01 pm

Ranwing wrote:I was hoping to meet Chris at his NYC book signing today, but it's nearly 100 degrees and now we're getting massive thunderstorms. And I found out that people have apparently been lining up since last night so... not going to happen today.

Ordered my copy on Amazon. Can't wait to have it in my hot little hands. Really kind of sad that I'm this excited over a kid's book. But... it's Chris, dammit!

I would have gone to the NYC signing as well, but between work (which has been really hectic the last 2 months), my summer cold, and the heat/rain, I opted not to go. Not to mention that people were already lining up since yesterday for Chris.

I ordered my copy as well, and it should come Saturday, which is perfect time to do some summer reading. fanny2

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2012, 9:42 pm

I wonder if Barnes & Noble will have Chris sign extra books to sell in the store. If so, I may take a trip down to the store when I'm in NY this weekend.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 10:24 pm

^ call them. I doubt it. I think there are more people wanting him to sign than he's capable of signing before his hand gets totally numb.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2012, 10:36 pm

Most of the times, stores do get the people to sign extra copies for future sales. I was looking at the website info at Barnes and Noble, and it said they were only letting 450 people through, and people could buy up to three books.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2012, 10:28 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Most of the times, stores do get the people to sign extra copies for future sales. I was looking at the website info at Barnes and Noble, and it said they were only letting 450 people through, and people could buy up to three books.

Wow - that still would be a huge number of books for Chris to sign. My hand would be cramping up after the first half hour. The fact that so many people are interested in this book is a good sign for his prospects as a writer. Am so proud of him! klanja

My book should be arriving tomorrow (thank you free Amazon Prime promo!). And I have no plans for Sunday so I'll probably be able to read the whole thing. I'm a very voracious reader and a 300 page book usually lasts me 2 days tops.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 11:49 am

Though I'm about 70 pages into the e-book, it looks like my hardcover and audio book will arrive today. I'll upload the audio book to one of my spare iPods, and listen to it on my train ride to NY tomorrow.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 4:18 pm

Interview with Chris Colfer about The Land Of Stories in People Magazine (July 30th edition)

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 14 Tumblr_m7f73axWjN1qc5tzmo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 5:13 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 14 Tumblr_m7f92qENtL1qh5dyro1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 5:21 pm

Good to know. I may give them a call.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 5:44 pm

FYI, I called Barnes & Noble, and they said Chris signed a lot of extra copies for them. They weren't getting any calls about it, but once they sent out the tweet, they've been getting a steady stream. At any rate, they have put a copy on hold for me that I will be picking up this weekend when I'm in NY. They are selling them for the regular price of the book ($17.99, I think).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2012, 1:12 am

^ the power of twitter! now even bookstores have to rely on internet marketing to get things done.

poor kid must have signed his arm off. he should have made his signature into a stamp and just stamp the hell of every book.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2012, 1:13 am

"I was writing constantly in my hotel room and under the stage during performances even, and I’d be singing, ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’ and I’d think of something really witty for Connor to say. Had to run downstairs to the changing booth, type it into my computer, run off and do ‘Single Ladies’ in leotard. It was an interesting summer. I don’t think I’ve mentally recovered from that time."

— Chris Colfer, talking about writing The Land of Stories while on the Glee Live tour in 2011
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/20/2012, 11:39 am

Here's another interview about TLOS on Access Hollywood. I have to admire Chris for having the stamina and patience to answer practically the same questions over and over with the same answers in so many interviews and talk shows. I have most of his answers memorized by now and could probably quote him verbatim Smile

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2012, 8:57 pm

For all of you who want to get autographed copies of the The Land of Stories, Barns & Noble at Union Square has lots of signed copies for sale (same price as unsigned copies) and they will ship anywhere. Please call them at 212-253-0810.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/21/2012, 10:35 am

^ This made me wish that I have ordered the book later, to get hold of a signed copy instead :(

Speaking of TLOS, I still haven't gotten the copy I ordered, so impatient person that I am, I drove out to the closest Dymocks Bookseller in my area today and bought myself a copy (the book had just arrived and wasn't even being put on display yet). The cost of the book is about the same as my shipped one, after including postage and handling. I didn't get a map though, so I'm really hoping my ordered copy has one...

No audiobook available, which is disappointing. @fantastica, how does iTunes work again? I can just listen to them using my PC, you said?

Okay, now excuse me while I drop off the face of the earth with a book to keep me busy and entertained. I'll join you guys in the TLOS discussion thread once I return to earth again Smile
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 2:13 pm

^ you can listen/watch anything and everything you buy from itune directly in itune itself, on the pc.

I believe Karen/Jelly bought the audio version from itunes. She can give you tutorial on how to do that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next